Why are my pictures upside-down?

Do you have a question about firmness? Wondering how to take the knot? This is the place to seek your answers from other Forum users and customers!
PLEASE NOTE that if you require a reply from a Staff member, you will need to send in a support ticket! Visit help.bad-dragon.com for more information.
Rin

Why are my pictures upside-down?

Postby Rin » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:45 pm

So I've been trying to post pictures here in the forums, but for some reason all but one have been showing up upside-down. Each of these pictures has been taken using my phone, then transferred to my computer. They're right side-up on my computer, but when I try to add them to posts here they come out flipped!

More baffling, I tried to get around this by editing the pictures to be upside-down in the original file... and they still turned out upside down (that is, the altered pictures didn't flip)! And when I switched them back in the file, there they went flipping upside-down again!

This is just the strangest thing! Does anyone know what's happening?

An example:
Attachments
lubejar01.JPG
Female/30/Bisexual
Ghost_the_Crow

Re: Why are my pictures upside-down?

Postby Ghost_the_Crow » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:53 pm

Looks normal to me, unless you glued your keyboard and that jar on a ceiling.
Asexual / Gyneromantic / Probably Trans or Genderfluid(?) / Loves Cuddling

"Of course I know what I'm doing." I said, knowing that I didn't.
Slaanesh

Postby Slaanesh » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:01 pm

Rin wrote:So I've been trying to post pictures here in the forums, but for some reason all but one have been showing up upside-down. Each of these pictures has been taken using my phone, then transferred to my computer. They're right side-up on my computer, but when I try to add them to posts here they come out flipped!

More baffling, I tried to get around this by editing the pictures to be upside-down in the original file... and they still turned out upside down (that is, the altered pictures didn't flip)! And when I switched them back in the file, there they went flipping upside-down again!

This is just the strangest thing! Does anyone know what's happening?

An example:

It's upside down for me too! Maybe it flips them only on mobile? :mystery:
Roverseer2
Banhammered

Postby Roverseer2 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:03 pm

I'm on desktop and it's upside-down
Villie

Postby Villie » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:14 pm

That's pretty strange, especially since it's keeping them upside down on ones you flipped, haha.

Maybe try saving a right-side-up one still as right-side-up on your comp and try uploading that as an attachment?

Sometimes mobile files are weird, I've noticed. But editing it and resaving it on your comp might... stop that?
seeking: SBF medium yuri, EA neo
selling: a bunch on DM & DH
PM me! Image
Rin

Postby Rin » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:22 pm

Villie wrote:That's pretty strange, especially since it's keeping them upside down on ones you flipped, haha.

Maybe try saving a right-side-up one still as right-side-up on your comp and try uploading that as an attachment?

Sometimes mobile files are weird, I've noticed. But editing it and resaving it on your comp might... stop that?

That's exactly what I've been doing. I transfer & save the files to my computer, and edit them, save again, and upload them from there (I never browse these forums on my phone, just for reference).

The fact that ONE picture still managed to come out right side-up is the most baffling bit. And that one was unedited!
Female/30/Bisexual
tzern

Postby tzern » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:47 pm

I think the culprit here is if you change the orientation of a picture in the picture preview of windows or a similar program. The orientation information is stored separately from the actual image data - some programs take that data into account, whereas others don't, and that's how you get the discrepancy of it being displayed differently on different devices/programs.
Grimly Fiendish

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:51 pm

When I click on your photo to enlarge it, it gets correctly displayed as right-side-up.

Maybe you're holding your phone upside down? The flash should be on top.
Rin

Postby Rin » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:24 pm

Grimly Fiendish wrote:When I click on your photo to enlarge it, it gets correctly displayed as right-side-up.

Maybe you're holding your phone upside down? The flash should be on top.

Hahaha! That'd be pretty funny!

But no, I'm not holding the phone upside-down. BD's forums are literally the only place the photos are displaying upside-down. They're in the correct orientation on my phone and on my computer.
Female/30/Bisexual

Return to “Community Help and FAQs”