So wait, they'll want to check my package? (a question regarding shipping to Sweden)

Do you have a question about firmness? Wondering how to take the knot? This is the place to seek your answers from other Forum users and customers!
PLEASE NOTE that if you require a reply from a Staff member, you will need to send in a support ticket! Visit help.bad-dragon.com for more information.
taymoo

So wait, they'll want to check my package? (a question regarding shipping to Sweden)

Postby taymoo » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:50 pm

Hi!

So I recently found this very helpful albeit concerning thread written by a German fellow.
viewtopic.php?f=127&t=7899. Now, this in particular concerns me:

"The bad thing is, that you most certainly have to open the package there and show the customs agents the contents of the package, so they can verify them with the contents printed on the invoice. "

For obvious reasons, I would rather not have to show a group of curious custom agents the contents of my package from Bad Dragon - but I live in Sweden where I imagine something like this is less likely to happen. Or would it? I wouldn't know. I've never shipped anything from the states before. In fact, I have zero experience with international shipping so some input here from a more experienced buyer would be very appreciated.

In short, how likely is this to happen to me? Has this ever happened to you? And if so, how did you deal with it? I'd like to hear not only from fellow Swedes but anyone living in the EU! Indeed, I'd like to hear from you regardless of where you live really.

My second question would probably be if it's possible to instruct the good people at BD to maybe include an invoice with the package, attached to it in a foil or something of the like? If all they're looking for is an invoice I'd rather have them read that then open my package to get it.

Thanks in advance!
Proud owner of:
► Show Spoiler
LittleRedVixen

Re: So wait, they'll want to check my package? (a question regarding shipping to Sweden)

Postby LittleRedVixen » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:24 pm

Hey!
I am not from Sweden but from Germany.

For me, most packages I order from the US are held in custom, so I have to go to my nearest custom-office and pay VAT (value added tax). For Germany they are 19%. Since I am importing an Item from a non-EU state, I have to pay them when the Item arrives here - in a custom office. And yes they ask you to open your package to make sure everything that is listed on the invoice is in the package and they charge the right amount.
[I think if you buy something for under around 20€ (if I remeber correctly) they will not open your package and you do not have to pay taxes, but we are speaking about fabulous Dragon Dongs here, so this option does not apply to the situation]

BUT if you do not want to open your BD package in front of a custom agent you can (at least thats my experience) use FedEx. They will handle all the custom stuff for you and deliver your package to your front door. About a week later you will get a bill from them, stating the taxes you have to pay and around 12 € as a fee for handling all that stuff for you.

I hope this will help you :)
"Does running out of f*cks count as cardio?"

ImageImage
Karhu

Re: So wait, they'll want to check my package? (a question regarding shipping to Sweden)

Postby Karhu » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:33 pm

When choosing Fedex delivery, you can contact them or will be contacted by them asking for a permission for them to handle the customs. The other option is that the custom office will take the action by themselves. Both parties take their service fees. People living more than 100km away from the import station essentially need to choose the provided service, because the time investment and expenses would rise to unreasonable level. So you don't need to worry about sharing your toy shipment with employees, who surely have seen much in their time. Few silicone toys won't most likely make a mark on their day. Respecting customers' privacy is fundamental to stay in business.

The packages are not always opened. When customs open the packages, they will remove any visual obstacles in the way, so asking for extra wrapping won't stop customs office from checking the contents, if they deem it necessary. There's usually brown paper as a filler and purple paper for, well not sure why, but seems like a trade mark at this point. Packages are not always opened, but the action does take place. Few people seem to have lost their complimentary stickers with improper reboxing. Countries that have aggressive stance with BD toys are on the BD's black list of countries that they will not ship to. Being able to make order to your own address has been made possible with previous successful deliveries.

Personally I'm from neighboring country to you, but would imagine things are handled pretty much the same way. You might want to check Fedex's official customer service https://www.fedex.com/se_english/index.html to confirm, that the email they're using for swedish customers should be [email protected] , because I have not used the specific email address myself. You will need the shipping code given to your email when you receive shipping notice.
taymoo

Postby taymoo » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:15 pm

Karhu wrote:When choosing Fedex delivery, you can contact them or will be contacted by them asking for a permission for them to handle the customs. The other option is that the custom office will take the action by themselves. Both parties take their service fees. People living more than 100km away from the import station essentially need to choose the provided service, because the time investment and expenses would rise to unreasonable level. So you don't need to worry about sharing your toy shipment with employees, who surely have seen much in their time. Few silicone toys won't most likely make a mark on their day. Respecting customers' privacy is fundamental to stay in business.

The packages are not always opened. When customs open the packages, they will remove any visual obstacles in the way, so asking for extra wrapping won't stop customs office from checking the contents, if they deem it necessary. There's usually brown paper as a filler and purple paper for, well not sure why, but seems like a trade mark at this point. Packages are not always opened, but the action does take place. Few people seem to have lost their complimentary stickers with improper reboxing. Countries that have aggressive stance with BD toys are on the BD's black list of countries that they will not ship to. Being able to make order to your own address has been made possible with previous successful deliveries.

Personally I'm from neighboring country to you, but would imagine things are handled pretty much the same way. You might want to check Fedex's official customer service https://www.fedex.com/se_english/index.html to confirm, that the email they're using for swedish customers should be [email protected] , because I have not used the specific email address myself. You will need the shipping code given to your email when you receive shipping notice.

Thanks mate! Much appreciated! However, the drop down list right here on Bad Dragon when you review the shipping details before ordering only lets me choose UPS so I'm guessing that means that Fedex simply doesn't ship here. I could always ask Bad Dragon directly if this is the case. Or I could just contact UPS since I'm guessing they handle things the same way.
Proud owner of:
► Show Spoiler
Karhu

Postby Karhu » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:59 pm

taymoo wrote:...
Odd that only UPS is the only available option, quick search gave results for three Fedex stations in Sweden, Malmö, Mölnlycke and Stockholm. But that's mostly between BD and the companies to settle. UPS is for the most part similar, but in my country I have had worse experience from it than from Fedex. Case still stands, you should be supplied with contact information either by phone phone or email and the option to choose how your delivery shall be processed through the customs and delivered to the your destination.

Most likely you will need patience and accuracy with your information and you're good to go.
Scorpio

Postby Scorpio » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:37 am

Greetings from Sweden.
My first 3 toys were shipped by Fedex, so that should be an option.
I have no idea if they have checked my package on UPS. If they have, they haven't said a thing about it, so I guess I'm safe. I had some issues with a lazy delivery guy though who didn't come by my appartment building and made a note that the door had a code lock (which was a straight lie). On the good side, I figured that they have an office in my city where they leave stuff they can't deliver to the door and where you can pick it up (personally I'd rather do that than wait around a whole day for someone to knock on my door.)
taymoo

Postby taymoo » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:07 am

Scorpio wrote:Greetings from Sweden.
I have no idea if they have checked my package on UPS. If they have, they haven't said a thing about it, so I guess I'm safe. I had some issues with a lazy delivery guy though who didn't come by my appartment building and made a note that the door had a code lock (which was a straight lie). On the good side, I figured that they have an office in my city where they leave stuff they can't deliver to the door and where you can pick it up (personally I'd rather do that than wait around a whole day for someone to knock on my door.)

That's odd then. I guess I'll have to ask BD and check with them if Fedex is still an option! Anyway, sounds like the scenario I described isn't all that common then. I mean, you've ordered three times so far and it hasn't happened to ya once. Guess I should be safe. And if the worst happens, I'll suck it up and show them my Glyph. Even though I'd rather not have to.
Proud owner of:
► Show Spoiler
Scorpio

Postby Scorpio » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:23 am

taymoo wrote:

That's odd then. I guess I'll have to ask BD and check with them if Fedex is still an option! Anyway, sounds like the scenario I described isn't all that common then. I mean, you've ordered three times so far and it hasn't happened to ya once. Guess I should be safe. And if the worst happens, I'll suck it up and show them my Glyph. Even though I'd rather not have to.

I can't say if it has happened or not. If it has happened, then no one have been upset enough to tell me about it, which I always takes as a good sign :buddy:
taymoo

Postby taymoo » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:36 am

Scorpio wrote:
taymoo wrote:

I can't say if it has happened or not. If it has happened, then no one have been upset enough to tell me about it, which I always takes as a good sign :buddy:

Well, I don't much care if they open my package as long as I don't have to be there! Thanks again for the input. I think I muster the bravery to order one now! :stick:
Proud owner of:
► Show Spoiler
drakenfiel

Postby drakenfiel » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:01 am

Were all adults and customs in every country has probably seen all kinds of adult products.

The box says silicone sculpture right? So you could always just pass it off as "Are you crazy, that things huge! I wouldnt dare stick that anywhere near an orifice, I'm an artist and it looked unique so i wanted to paint it/stick it on the fireplace as an orniment "

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Lipton

Postby Lipton » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:05 am

They have seen everything already and much worse stuff, never understood why people are so afraid. Sexuality and Toys are an normal thing :mystery:
Toys I want to buy:
- Elypse Art: Neo & Vixen
- BD April Fool Toys: Red Rocket & Fire Hydrant

I'm located in Germany, feel free to send me a message if you're selling one of these.
drakenfiel

Postby drakenfiel » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:29 am

I went into a shop today that sells healthcare stuff to buy lube and it was just me and 2 older lady employees. I explained at the counter that its nice when its quiet as it can be quite embarrassing buying stuff like that and they both agreed but "as you get older, you simply don't care what other people think"

Return to “Community Help and FAQs”