I need a straight answer.

Do you have a question about firmness? Wondering how to take the knot? This is the place to seek your answers from other Forum users and customers!
PLEASE NOTE that if you require a reply from a Staff member, you will need to send in a support ticket! Visit help.bad-dragon.com for more information.
Mama Delilah

I need a straight answer.

Postby Mama Delilah » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:09 am

I'm waiting on my first toy. Small Rex, Medium firmness, Duka Cola Quantum.

I've seen different answers to this, so I want to ask here if anyone has experience.
Can I use Vaseline with my toy? I'm too shy to go out and pick up some lube, and didn't have enough to order a bottle of cumlube.
Padre

Re: I need a straight answer.

Postby Padre » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:55 am

I would not recommend it! You won't die from it, but you won't have much fun either -- Petroleum Jelly is A+ breeding ground for bacteria (especially for vaginal use), terrible to clean out, and honestly has very little slick factor to begin with. It's probably okay-ish in a pinch, but I would really advise against it. I do not know whether it could harm silicone, no clue, but that's also a possibility I personally wouldn't risk!

Honestly, your best bet is simply going to your local drugstore and buying a bottle of plain old water based(!) lube (preferably containing no parabens and glycerin, although the latter is in virtually every run off the mill lube...), I will promise you that the cashiers do not care at all. If you purchase some other unrelated things too that makes it a little less awkward. Seriously, no one cares, the cashiers just want to go home and have most definitely seen worse than some silly lube ;D

Or, alternatively, order something online, in which case a good brand to look out for is Sliquid! Sliquid H2o (their simple water based lube) and Sliquid Sassy (same as the first but thicker) are about as good and natural as it gets, you cannot go wrong with those :widesmile:
—Matt|Bisexual|German|Artist—
Pseudo cleric with a preference for dragon dongs.

[Owned: Flint|Pretzal|Nox|Hunter|Plenty non-BD >>Listed on profile!]
spiralcatfox

Postby spiralcatfox » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:12 am

Padre has good suggestions for water based lubes; but if you're not allergic, you can always try oil (based) lubes like:

The Butters (online),

Or just straight extra virgin coconut oil which you can buy in bulk at a store, and no one will be non the wiser that you just bought lube (you can also use coconut oil for cooking, massages, as a hair mask, moisturizer, etc)
2/bear/forest

Looking for: Medium/5 Xar in Guardian Blue (or a blue shaft, gray base split)

I'm selling toys on DragonMoor, care to take a look?

Accurate BD size chart made by forum users

((Sorry for any typos, I'm on mobile;; ))
Padre

Postby Padre » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:35 am

spiralcatfox wrote:Padre has good suggestions for water based lubes; but if you're not allergic, you can always try oil (based) lubes like:

The Butters (online),

Or just straight extra virgin coconut oil which you can buy in bulk at a store, and no one will be non the wiser that you just bought lube (you can also use coconut oil for cooking, massages, as a hair mask, moisturizer, etc)

^^^^Also worth a thought! Thanks for bringing that up!

However, there are sadly some more downsides to most oil based products other than allergies, especially for vaginal use (like yeast infections/acne in places you really don't want it), which make oil similar to the Vaseline issue.
Due to personally not much needing to pay attention to that (lmao) I had to google it, but I found what seems like a pretty informed source listing the main pros and cons to oil based lubricants/straight up cooking oil in the case of vaginal use: [click]
So (@OP) make sure you are aware of those risks and know your body well enough before making the decision to go for oil! :widesmile:

Also, I forgot to say it earlier, but I hope that your toy arrives well and soon, and that you'll be happy with it! :laugh:

*Disclaimer: The article claims that oil can harm "some soft silicone toys" -- I am not sure whether that applies to BD toys too or just lower grade silicone, someone else might want to chime in on that one! I'd assume BD toys are fine as plenty guys seem to use oil based lubes, but I won't vouch for it
—Matt|Bisexual|German|Artist—
Pseudo cleric with a preference for dragon dongs.

[Owned: Flint|Pretzal|Nox|Hunter|Plenty non-BD >>Listed on profile!]
Akanisen

Postby Akanisen » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:59 am

Yes oil based lubes will harm BD toys, and pretty much any silicone toy with one exception, that being 100% natural coconut oil (not technically a lube, but it can be used as such and makes for a good lube) which can be bought at most grocery stores and online. Which based on what you mentioned about being nervous buying lube from a store, it sounds like coconut oil might be your best bet. Other than that it's best to stick to water based lubes so your toys can last a long time.
ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage
Uchiha21

Postby Uchiha21 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:25 am

Ive always just used vegetable oil, i haven't ran into any problems yet so it must be fine. "twitches"

I used to buy water based lube, but ive gotten too lazy to buy it anymore. :surprised:
That one guy who likes Naruto too much. :eyeroll:
KnotyDes

Postby KnotyDes » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:05 pm

Here is a great website for lube info http://dangerouslilly.com/lube-guide/

I have just got some The Butters lube and it feels great, very long lasting and easy to clean off. you can get a gift pack here https://jeromestuartnichols.com/thebutt ... ny-4-items

I used coconut oil for a long time and it works great, especially if you play in the shower. But if used too frequently it clogs your pores and causes break-outs. Its also difficult to clean off and you need to use a significant amount of soap and hot water to clean it off. Its still a good lubricant.

Oh and vasaline will degrade any toy it comes in contact will except glass and metal.
My collection
► Show Spoiler
Grimly Fiendish

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:53 am

Akanisen wrote:Yes oil based lubes will harm BD toys, and pretty much any silicone toy with one exception, that being 100% natural coconut oil

Sorry, but that is not correct... From the Bad Dragon "Care Instructions":

"We recommend you use Bad Dragon lube but you may use any high-quality water-based or oil-based lube. REMEMBER: DO NOT USE SILICONE-BASED LUBRICANT. This can cause your toy to break down or become sticky."

That's quoted from the instruction card that Bad Dragon sends out with every toy order.

(Note: Bad Dragon sells lube, that;s why they recommend their own brand, but other brands can be fine too.)
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:33 pm

Grimly Fiendish wrote:
Akanisen wrote:Yes oil based lubes will harm BD toys, and pretty much any silicone toy with one exception, that being 100% natural coconut oil

Sorry, but that is not correct... From the Bad Dragon "Care Instructions":

"We recommend you use Bad Dragon lube but you may use any high-quality water-based or oil-based lube. REMEMBER: DO NOT USE SILICONE-BASED LUBRICANT. This can cause your toy to break down or become sticky."

That's quoted from the instruction card that Bad Dragon sends out with every toy order.

(Note: Bad Dragon sells lube, that;s why they recommend their own brand, but other brands can be fine too.)

That!!

oil lubes will mess up NON silicone crap material toys

Coconut oil. Do an allergy test!
Inside of the elbow works.
I can’t use it. Little tiny pimples sprout :(

Vasaline. It can work.
Great to have around in a pinch
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
selling at dragonmoor.com
Grimly Fiendish

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:57 pm

Vaseline would probably be hard to clean off a toy (it's so thick!)

When I use oil based lubes, I find dishwashing soap works well at cutting lube (the hand-washed kind of soap, not the machine dishwasher kind).
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:00 pm

Grimly Fiendish wrote:Vaseline would probably be hard to clean off a toy (it's so thick!)

When I use oil based lubes, I find dishwashing soap works well at cutting lube (the hand-washed kind of soap, not the machine dishwasher kind).

Vasaline is a pain to clean off! And ever dust bunny in the universe will find and stick to that last bit you missed :bugeyed:

Oily hair shampoo can also work on oil based lubes. But dish soap sems to work better :smilenox:
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
selling at dragonmoor.com
Tallon

Postby Tallon » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:01 am

As someone else here said, the drug store cashiers will care 0% about your purchase of lube, so don't be shy. Or try an adult products store for good water-based lube. I guarantee the cashiers there will care even less. I got a cherry flavored water-based lube from our local one and it's awesome.
"Ecce! Scintillae!" :laugh:

Married Bisexual Kinky Old Man :stick:
Grimly Fiendish

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:39 pm

Just don't buy silicone based lube. Any "cones" in the ingredient list are a red flag (unless they aren't a main ingredient, and even then you should be careful). An ingredient that ends in "cone" is in the silicone family. A lot of the lubes available at drug stores and pharmacies will be silicone-based. They can eat into silicone toys. Check the ingredient list to be sure.

Coconut oil is cheap and you can buy it at the grocer. There are more refined versions available sometimes, which will smell less coconutty. As long as it doesn't make you break out... If it fails your skin test, you can still cook with it. Also, it's a super stealthy lube (stored in your pantry with other food items).
Kiran

Postby Kiran » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:35 pm

Mama Delilah wrote:I'm waiting on my first toy. Small Rex, Medium firmness, Duka Cola Quantum.

I've seen different answers to this, so I want to ask here if anyone has experience.
Can I use Vaseline with my toy? I'm too shy to go out and pick up some lube, and didn't have enough to order a bottle of cumlube.

I would suggest you to get rid of said shyness you have and just go inside a sex shop to buy a good product. They will not eat you, they will be glad to help you. I got rid of it (going in those shops) one day and now I got no regret. I am lucky to have choices here of shops, having at least 3 different ones to choose from. You might even one day have to go there with someone you care about to buy something together, and first step is to know :stick:

And worst case scenario, look at some review and order online a good one, not obliged for cumlube.

Return to “Community Help and FAQs”