Purchase Advice for Second Round [M]

Do you have a question about firmness? Wondering how to take the knot? This is the place to seek your answers from other Forum users and customers!
PLEASE NOTE that if you require a reply from a Staff member, you will need to send in a support ticket! Visit help.bad-dragon.com for more information.
Mariedartois

Purchase Advice for Second Round [M]

Postby Mariedartois » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:40 pm

Hello BD Forums,

I came here about half a year ago and got some wonderful advice for my first Bad Dragon order. I return now asking for your insight for my second round of purchases.

I can currently take toysof 5 inch in circumference right off the bat, which makes it a good size for the head of warm-up toy. Toys 6.5 inch in circumference require a bit of a warm-up, but are otherwise very comfortable riding toys. 7.5 inch circumference is probably the upper limit of what I can take, given sufficient warm-up, patience and lube, so it's a good size for stretcher toys.

I currently own a Firm Medium Nox and a Firm Medium Nova, which are incredibly fun to ride. However, I still have to rely on older, not-bodysafe toys toys if I want to warm up or if I want to enjoy a good stretch. So I'd like to diversify my collection with the next round of purchases with three toys and I'd love to hear your opinion of my choices. I'm looking for one Warm-Up Toy that can lead into every other toy, one Riding Toy to that is comfortable to ride, but is noticably different from Nox and Nova and one Stretching Toy for that "OHH MY GOD IT'S SO BIG" moment.

Warm-Up Toy - (At most 5 inch in circumference at the tip and is at least 7.5 inch circumference at the widest)

• Firm/Medium Medium Pretzal: Probably the most interesting toy on the website with a heavy taper and my first choice for this category. Its circumference starts at 5" and goes up to 8.25" at the base, which means that I can get a comfortable warm-up that also prepares me for my girthier toys. It's aslo got some interestng texture and curves on the shaft, which will make it fun to ride even when I'm not warming up. I'm just concerned that the texture might be too much on Firm, can anyone comment?
  • Firm Medium Kona: A similar story to Pretzal, except that Kona lacks Pretzal's Ridges. This worries me as I'm afraid I won't ride the dildo much outside of the warm-up phase due to lack of texture. Does this match the experience of one of you?
  • Firm Medium Winston's Tail: A similar story the two above, but also lacking Kona's Curve. It seems like a fantastic warm-up that is otherwise utterly boring to ride.

Riding Toy - (At most 6.5 inch in circumference at the widest)

• Firm Medium Clayton: I've had my eyes on this one for a little while as it would effectively replace the 9" King Cock dildo that I have, which I adore but no longer use because I can't stand the material. Overall it seems like a very (ful)filling experience to ride him. However, I'm kind of worried that Medium size might be too big for me as the community-built Bad Dragon Measurement sheet puts the maximum circumference at 8 inches near the base. Is this true, or does it remain at 6.75" circumference like the product description says?
  • Firm Medium Echo: Echo would be like a sidegrade to Nox. It's got a much gentler curve than the Night Drake, which would allow me to ride it much easier and much harder. Additionally, it's got a medial ring, which sounds enticing.
  • Firm Small Crackers: Similar story to Clayton, I've got a non-bodysafe toy that is thick near the glans that I like but sees very little use. It seems like Crackers would replace it very nicely and provide the experience of stretching hard on insertion that no other toy in my collection can replicate.
  • Firm Medium Chance: I've had the chance (no pun intended) to try someone elses's stallion in medium firmness and I liked the way the head went around the bend while the rest of the shaft got wider. I thought the one I tried was a bit too floppy so I'm considering getting one in Firm. However, I'm worried that this would make the tip too stiff to fit into the sigmoid colon comfortably. Does anyone have experience with this?
  • Firm Small Bruiser: I can't currently take Nova's knot, but Small Bruiser's 6.35" circumference knot should be well within my capabilties. I've seen a video of someone riding the knot hard and it seems like an enticing prospect - I've never done that before.

Stretcher Toy - (At most 7.5 inch in circumference at the widest)

• Firm/Medium Small Flint: The texture and girth on this one is the main draw. I've read that the ridges hit the prostate really well and the sheer bulk of this dildo gives an amazing stretch and at 7.5" circumference this it's the exact right size. I've found the Firm option to be really to my liking with Nox and Nova, but I've heard that people struggle with this firmness option on the Flint due to the ridges. On the other hand, however, BD toys are really floppy and I worry that Medium will be too soft and squishy for me to mount the dildo properly. Can anyone comment?
  • Firm Medium Terra: I really like the design of this dildo as it's simultaneously very elegant in it shape, but fairly bulky with the two bulges on the shaft. With a 7.5" circumference knot it is also the exact right size, which makes it really difficult to choose between this toy and Flint.

I'm currently looking at Pretzal as a warm-up, one of Clayton, Echo or Crackers as a riding toy and either Flint or Terra as a stretcher toy. However, I'm very interested to hear your thoughts!
KnotyDes

Re: Purchase Advice for Second Round [M]

Postby KnotyDes » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:27 pm

a Clayton may work as a warmup/riding toy. it can have a SC i believe, the taper on it is nice and the textures are fantastic. Mine is in firm, so i can confirm that the texture feel very good in firm. Clayton in firm can be a bit intense, so i like to take it slow with it. I got mine as a trainer but ended up really, really enjoying the toy. It just so much more enjoyable to train with a toy that also has good textures.

Chance is always an amazing toy. i Should know i have 5 of them. i even have a medium in firm. it is among the smallest toys in my collection, but i still very much enjoy it. It just fits so nice and for me its a great toy to just relax with after a long day.

While Echo is a wonderful toy for prostate stim without a suction cup and the shape of the toy makes riding it hands free a bit of a chore. It tends to lift on the up strokes, making it wander all over the place. now as a thruster its is fantastic. the curve of the shaft and the medial ring hits so many good spots. I play with my echo much more than my Nox, simply because its easier to use. It can also hit my P spot with much more precision than Nox can.

OMG is Bruisers knot amazing. its shape is just wonderful the bulge on the topside of the shaft presses right into sweet spots. when you turn it around the hollow kinda squeezes those same sweet spot. i might look at a medium rather than a small that way it can hit both your riding toy and stretching toy all in one nice package. the ridges on the shaft are also quite nice.

Flint is simple one of the best toys that BD makes. you cant go wrong with flint. Both of my flints are in medium and i absolutely love riding them. then make my whine and moan unlike any of my other toys. the plates are beyond amazing. now about the firmness. From what i heard others say about the small and medium. Is that the plates have a washboard effect the firmer the toy is, since the plates are so close together. So getting a small in firm maybe a bit rough. If you enjoy a firmer and rough ride than you may enjoy that washboard effect, then got for firm. I am just reporting that others have had negative experiences with small firm flint.

Terra is an odd one. the S curve and double bulge can be a bit uncomfortable if you are not used to it. I lucked out and managed to pick up a firm terra from addoption's as my i think forth BD toy. I wont say that i wasn't ready for it, since i was playing with thicker toys. i just wasn't used to S shaped curves yet. it took me about a year to really start enjoying my Terra. Granted i had a few other toys that joined the ranks of "not good" toys in that year, but i eventually learned how to enjoy most of those toys and terra is one of those. I learned to enjoy riding it in a reverse cowboy or thrusting with the underside of the shaft facing "up." this way the first curve rubs my P spot just right. then when im ready to knot in I turn it around so the bumps and shape of the toys knot hit my sweet spots while either grinding on the knot or if i am knot fucking myself. Sadly you cannot tie with Terra, after the knot the shaft narrow then widens as it goes into the base with doesn't really let you get a good hold on the knot. So unless your holding in it it will not stay. Terra is not one of my favorite toys, nor is it used very often, but mine is pretty, firm and i know how to make myself feel good with it. So it will stay in my collection.

some other good toys that you may want to look at is Roland, Scorn and Xar.

roland is a bit on the thin side, but its long and easy to get "the next size up." as long as you can handle the length you might be able to handle a large Roland.

Scorn is a nice stout toy that gives a wonderful stretch and the curve allows it to crush my P spot. the taper on the head does help ease insertion, but it is quite wide so it will start to stretch you out quickly. I love mine

Xar is an amazing toy for stretching and is also just an amazing toy. the taper is very gentle with makes the knot kinda just slide right in. it ties well, thrusting or riding it it great and so is grinding. it just a fantastic overall toy.
My collection
► Show Spoiler
Mariedartois

Postby Mariedartois » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:02 am

Thanks for the wonderful answer! From what I'm reading it sounds like Pretzal, Clayton and Flint (with possible Bruiser extra) is a good combination to get for my second round of purchases. This would give me a good warm-up toy, a nicely-filling riding toy that does some stretching and warm-up as well and a god-tier stretcher toy (with a good entry-level knotting toy extra).

KnotyDes wrote:a Clayton may work as a warmup/riding toy. it can have a SC i believe, the taper on it is nice and the textures are fantastic. Mine is in firm, so i can confirm that the texture feel very good in firm. Clayton in firm can be a bit intense, so i like to take it slow with it. I got mine as a trainer but ended up really, really enjoying the toy. It just so much more enjoyable to train with a toy that also has good textures.

Clayton does come with a suction cup option, which is one of the reasons I'm considering him for this category. Sounds like from your description he'd be a slow, intense ride, which is exactly what I was looking for with the toy.

KnotyDes wrote:Chance is always an amazing toy. i Should know i have 5 of them. i even have a medium in firm. it is among the smallest toys in my collection, but i still very much enjoy it. It just fits so nice and for me its a great toy to just relax with after a long day.

Sounds like I'll have to get a Chance myself eventually, but probably not yet for this round of purchases. I see most of your toys are in XL, so this question may not apply to you, but did you ever have any problem fitting the medium in firm around the bend?

KnotyDes wrote:While Echo is a wonderful toy for prostate stim without a suction cup and the shape of the toy makes riding it hands free a bit of a chore. It tends to lift on the up strokes, making it wander all over the place. now as a thruster its is fantastic. the curve of the shaft and the medial ring hits so many good spots. I play with my echo much more than my Nox, simply because its easier to use. It can also hit my P spot with much more precision than Nox can.

I hadn't realised that Echo doesn't have a suction cup option. This puts it lower on the list of toys to consider as I prefer to ride my toys hands-free. I'll see if I can custom-order one with a suction cup, otherwise I'll delay the purchase in favour of more easy to handle toys. Good to know it comes highly recommended, though!

KnotyDes wrote:OMG is Bruisers knot amazing. its shape is just wonderful the bulge on the topside of the shaft presses right into sweet spots. when you turn it around the hollow kinda squeezes those same sweet spot. i might look at a medium rather than a small that way it can hit both your riding toy and stretching toy all in one nice package. the ridges on the shaft are also quite nice.

I'm really torn about the size for Bruiser. Small's 6.35" knot seems like a ride that is well within my comfort zone and serves as a good introduction to knotting, but the shaft is otherwise a bit anemic at 4.5". Medium's 5.5" shaft is a lot more interesting, but the 7.85" knot is wider than Flint at its thickest, so I'm really not sure if Medium Bruiser is a good starting knot toy for me. Do you have any thoughts on this?

KnotyDes wrote:Flint is simple one of the best toys that BD makes. you cant go wrong with flint. Both of my flints are in medium and i absolutely love riding them. then make my whine and moan unlike any of my other toys. the plates are beyond amazing. now about the firmness. From what i heard others say about the small and medium. Is that the plates have a washboard effect the firmer the toy is, since the plates are so close together. So getting a small in firm maybe a bit rough. If you enjoy a firmer and rough ride than you may enjoy that washboard effect, then got for firm. I am just reporting that others have had negative experiences with small firm flint.

Good to hear Flint's a solid choice, I think I'll pick him over Terra for my first stretcher toy especially if you're so crazy about him. Thanks for your comments on the firmness, Flint is not a toy I want to pick the wrong firmness for. I really like Nova's ridges in Firm, but they're of course much less pronounced than Flint's plates. I see you own both Flint in Large and Nova in Extra Large, perhaps you can tell me how they compare?

KnotyDes wrote:Terra is an odd one. the S curve and double bulge can be a bit uncomfortable if you are not used to it. I lucked out and managed to pick up a firm terra from addoption's as my i think forth BD toy. I wont say that i wasn't ready for it, since i was playing with thicker toys. i just wasn't used to S shaped curves yet. it took me about a year to really start enjoying my Terra. Granted i had a few other toys that joined the ranks of "not good" toys in that year, but i eventually learned how to enjoy most of those toys and terra is one of those. I learned to enjoy riding it in a reverse cowboy or thrusting with the underside of the shaft facing "up." this way the first curve rubs my P spot just right. then when im ready to knot in I turn it around so the bumps and shape of the toys knot hit my sweet spots while either grinding on the knot or if i am knot fucking myself. Sadly you cannot tie with Terra, after the knot the shaft narrow then widens as it goes into the base with doesn't really let you get a good hold on the knot. So unless your holding in it it will not stay. Terra is not one of my favorite toys, nor is it used very often, but mine is pretty, firm and i know how to make myself feel good with it. So it will stay in my collection.

Righto. Sounds like a good toy to delay until I have more experience.

KnotyDes wrote:some other good toys that you may want to look at is Roland, Scorn and Xar.

roland is a bit on the thin side, but its long and easy to get "the next size up." as long as you can handle the length you might be able to handle a large Roland.

Scorn is a nice stout toy that gives a wonderful stretch and the curve allows it to crush my P spot. the taper on the head does help ease insertion, but it is quite wide so it will start to stretch you out quickly. I love mine

Xar is an amazing toy for stretching and is also just an amazing toy. the taper is very gentle with makes the knot kinda just slide right in. it ties well, thrusting or riding it it great and so is grinding. it just a fantastic overall toy.

I'd have to think twice about a Large Roland. It would be the longest toy in my collection by a decent margin and I'm not sure the 8" knot is within my current capabilities. The knot isn't too meaty, though, which might help me take it. Good consideration for the next round of purchases, I think.

Scorn looks wonderful and it's one I've considered before. Unfortunately the size difference between Small and Medium is a full 2.25 inches, going from 6.25" circumference in Small to 8.5" circumference in Medium. The former is probably too small to really enjoy the stretch whereas the latter is out of my league - I can't take Nova's 8.5" knot at the moment, even with warm-up. I'll keep the toy in mind, though.

Xar might be a nice one to get in small. A 7" knot straddles the line between my "Riding" and "Stretching" categories quite well. Would you recommend him over, say, a Bruiser or a Flint?
KnotyDes

Postby KnotyDes » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:15 pm

I really like both flint and clayton. I think that they will do well for you.

I am a bit bias towards Chance it is just a fantastic toy. Equine toys just feel amazing. I had issues playing with 9" or longer toys, but i got over it by practicing. Granted the stuff I was playing with was 2"+ thick. I got my med chance fairly resently so I have never had a issue getting its head past the bend. You have to practice a lot for depth play. It takes a good amount of time to get used to slipping thing in and out of the sigmoid colon, but it is so worth it.

A small Xar would be a great toy for stretching for your larger toys, but is a bit on the short side. So it might not offer that absolute filling sensation you maybe looking for. It would probably be a valuable tool nevertheless to help you work your way up to bigger toys. I got my Xar to help me take my flint and crackers more easily and deeper and it worked wonders.
My collection
► Show Spoiler
Mariedartois

Postby Mariedartois » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:17 pm

KnotyDes wrote:I really like both flint and clayton. I think that they will do well for you.

I am a bit bias towards Chance it is just a fantastic toy. Equine toys just feel amazing. I had issues playing with 9" or longer toys, but i got over it by practicing. Granted the stuff I was playing with was 2"+ thick. I got my med chance fairly resently so I have never had a issue getting its head past the bend. You have to practice a lot for depth play. It takes a good amount of time to get used to slipping thing in and out of the sigmoid colon, but it is so worth it.

A small Xar would be a great toy for stretching for your larger toys, but is a bit on the short side. So it might not offer that absolute filling sensation you maybe looking for. It would probably be a valuable tool nevertheless to help you work your way up to bigger toys. I got my Xar to help me take my flint and crackers more easily and deeper and it worked wonders.

Thanks a lot for the advice, it's helped me a lot in trying to choose. Flint and Clayton are confirmed for now, Xar gets added to the list for possible future purchases and Chance gets put a little higher on that list.

There's one more thing I'd really like to hear your opinion on, though, namely which size Bruiser would suit me. Small's 6.35" knot seems like a ride that is well within my comfort zone and serves as a good introduction to knotting, but the shaft is otherwise a bit anemic at 4.5". Medium's 5.5" shaft is a lot more interesting, but the 7.85" knot is wider than Flint at its thickest, so I'm really not sure if Medium Bruiser is a good starting knot toy for me. Do you have any thoughts?
KnotyDes

Postby KnotyDes » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:05 pm

Medium bruiser would be a goal for you to work towards. While the small is something that you can use right now.

As you said the small would be small. So in theory you could use it as an intro to knoting. It would be the safe bet. Personally I have always enjoyed pushing my limits. I would go for the medium. Again i have always been pushing my limits, if I can't take a toy immediately I will train untill i have conquered it. I have also always been aware of my limits. If a med bruiser is way beyond what you can take, you might not be ready for it. It might be smart to hold off untill you know that its within your ability to take.

Bruisers knot is not that abrupt so it might be a nice thing to attempt after you opened up with flint. I can tell you that knoting a toy that is right at or just over you limit is a very enjoyable experience.

It all comes down to what you want. A toy to use now or some to work towards.
My collection
► Show Spoiler
MachineDoll

Postby MachineDoll » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:55 pm

I can attest to Xar being a wonderful toy. I have not been able to fully knot mine yet, but it is very tapered and smooth, and a wonderful overall toy.
Ovipositor and egg laying enthusiast. Princess by day, knotty at night.
My toys:
► Show Spoiler
Grimly Fiendish

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:22 am

Another Xar recommendation from me. It's one of my favorites. A top pick for riding.

I didn't have good results with Pretzal. The S shape was kind of a problem for me. During insertion, when I pressed in one direction, the curve beneath would collapse a little, which was frustrating. Reversing the toy gave same results. In other words, Pretzal is oriented in two different... directions (?) Not sure how to explain, but the S shape wasn't good for me. To be fair, it may have worked better for me in a different (smaller) size. I'm not certain, but it seems like vaginal users may get better results, because a vagina may be more... yielding (?) YMMV. We're all different, we all like different things and we may use a toy in different ways.

Flint is excellent. It's a reamer, if you like being a little rough with yourself. You can also have fun just holding it inside and using small, gentle movements. Mine is in Firm. It's intense, sure. But I prefer seem to prefer firm for everything. (I only have one toy in medium, and no soft ones.)

Crackers is excellent, it's somewhat similar to Nox (large bulge shape which gets sucked in) but with a stronger curve. There's a surface texture to it which some people don't like (but I love it when I want some roughness). So it's not smooth like Nox, even though it might seem smooth in pics.

You might consider a Scorn, which has a lot of heavy texture (like Flint) and a really strong curve (even more than Crackers). Once I figured out how to position myself, I really grew to like Scorn. I use it seated, and position myself slightly forward compared to how I use other toys. The head is smooth and wedge shaped, and heavy texture follows, with a lot of thickness.

IMO, get a suction cup on a toy whenever it's possible, especially for seated or wall mounted play.

Almost any toy can be a good warmup toy, if it's well within your size limits. What about Gunner? (formerly known as Mountain Drake). I happen to like a vibrator for warming up.
Mariedartois

Postby Mariedartois » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:36 pm

KnotyDes wrote:Medium bruiser would be a goal for you to work towards. While the small is something that you can use right now.

As you said the small would be small. So in theory you could use it as an intro to knoting. It would be the safe bet. Personally I have always enjoyed pushing my limits. I would go for the medium. Again i have always been pushing my limits, if I can't take a toy immediately I will train untill i have conquered it. I have also always been aware of my limits. If a med bruiser is way beyond what you can take, you might not be ready for it. It might be smart to hold off untill you know that its within your ability to take.

Bruisers knot is not that abrupt so it might be a nice thing to attempt after you opened up with flint. I can tell you that knoting a toy that is right at or just over you limit is a very enjoyable experience.

It all comes down to what you want. A toy to use now or some to work towards.
I'm tempted to share your attitude, it's probably more interesting to have a toy to work towards than something well within your reach. Perhaps if I buy Medium Flint in Medium Firmness it'll work. But I'll think on it a bit more, perhaps hold off on getting Bruiser until I try my Flint.

MachineDoll wrote:I can attest to Xar being a wonderful toy. I have not been able to fully knot mine yet, but it is very tapered and smooth, and a wonderful overall toy.
Noted!

Grimly Fiendish wrote:Another Xar recommendation from me. It's one of my favorites. A top pick for riding.

I didn't have good results with Pretzal. The S shape was kind of a problem for me. During insertion, when I pressed in one direction, the curve beneath would collapse a little, which was frustrating. Reversing the toy gave same results. In other words, Pretzal is oriented in two different... directions (?) Not sure how to explain, but the S shape wasn't good for me. To be fair, it may have worked better for me in a different (smaller) size. I'm not certain, but it seems like vaginal users may get better results, because a vagina may be more... yielding (?) YMMV. We're all different, we all like different things and we may use a toy in different ways.

Flint is excellent. It's a reamer, if you like being a little rough with yourself. You can also have fun just holding it inside and using small, gentle movements. Mine is in Firm. It's intense, sure. But I prefer seem to prefer firm for everything. (I only have one toy in medium, and no soft ones.)

Crackers is excellent, it's somewhat similar to Nox (large bulge shape which gets sucked in) but with a stronger curve. There's a surface texture to it which some people don't like (but I love it when I want some roughness). So it's not smooth like Nox, even though it might seem smooth in pics.

You might consider a Scorn, which has a lot of heavy texture (like Flint) and a really strong curve (even more than Crackers). Once I figured out how to position myself, I really grew to like Scorn. I use it seated, and position myself slightly forward compared to how I use other toys. The head is smooth and wedge shaped, and heavy texture follows, with a lot of thickness.

IMO, get a suction cup on a toy whenever it's possible, especially for seated or wall mounted play.

Almost any toy can be a good warmup toy, if it's well within your size limits. What about Gunner? (formerly known as Mountain Drake). I happen to like a vibrator for warming up.
Heh, Xar's pretty popular around these parts. Maybe I should get a Small Xar with it's 7" circumference and be done with the whole S-or-M Bruiser question, eh?

I think Pretzal's S-shape won't be too much of a problem for me. From what I'm reading it's probably a good idea (texture-wise) to get Medium Pretzal in Medium firmness, at which point I expect the curve to smooth out a little during insertion. It's not bad if it retains a bit of the curve, which would push the texture against my prostate. I think the head's probably small enough to want to pop in quite naturally.

I do love some rough loving on my toys; I almost universally prefer my firmer toys to my softer toys. After all, the toy is supposed to deform me, not the other way around. Maybe I should get my Flint in Firm then.

Cracker's definitely going high on my third round list!

Scorn's a future possibility. I think an 8" knot is currently too much for me, while a 6" knot is a bit too boring, which leaves no good size for Scorn to buy.

Gunner's a bit too big for me, I think. I'm really comfortable warming up with a decently tapered toy and I'd say Gunner is a bit too abrubt.

Thanks for your comments!

Return to “Community Help and FAQs”