Compatibility with J-Lube

Do you have a question about firmness? Wondering how to take the knot? This is the place to seek your answers from other Forum users and customers!
PLEASE NOTE that if you require a reply from a Staff member, you will need to send in a support ticket! Visit help.bad-dragon.com for more information.
gentle_paw

Compatibility with J-Lube

Postby gentle_paw » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:29 pm

Hi there,

what's your experience with combining J-Lube with the BD silicone? A buddy and I will order a few things and when we try them out on each other, we'd really like to use J-Lube as lubricant, since it's our favourite.

The sparkles their eyes are just awesome when you get the mixture just right and it creates strings as long as you want. :dukeretro: Also, it's cheap as hell and feels just great.
Raya

Re: Compatibility with J-Lube

Postby Raya » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:06 pm

J lube is almost EVERYONE'S favorite here! :widesmile: (tho I prefer coconut oil) :smilenox:
Water based lubes and coconut oil are what to use for silicone toys. ANY lube that doesn't has silicone in it can be used with any silicone toys. Silicone based lubes will destroy your toy.
So in other words if your mixing your j lube with water then that makes it water based! :widesmile:
WTB:Kona Teenie

Name Pronounced as Ray-uh
Former Username: Precious Wolf
Im A Therian Wolf
Lover of Knotts, Big Boobs, and Egg Laying/Birthing

DO NOT PM ME FOR SEXUAL FAVORS!!!!!
ImageImageImage
KnotyDes

Postby KnotyDes » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:33 pm

J lube is my main lubricant, it work great with all my silicone toys. the really smooth toys still squeegee off lube, but that just how it goes. I generally just hydrate J lube whenever i need it, but when i take the time to make a batch i mix in a bit of Coconut Oil. Just to thicken it up a bit, it work pretty well for depth play and girth play.

In fact just stocked up on two bottles. i get my supply here https://www.enasco.com/p/J-Lube-by-JorVet%2BC08175
My collection
► Show Spoiler
Fruityrumpusasshole

Postby Fruityrumpusasshole » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:22 pm

Yup, J-lube is fine!

just a little friendly reminder for females, it has sugars and can cause infection and is generally a no-go for ladies :crying:
Which sucks cause I'd kill for some powdered lube you can mix up whenever you need
Физкульт привет
Raya

Postby Raya » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:25 pm

Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:Yup, J-lube is fine!

just a little friendly reminder for females, it has sugars and can cause infection and is generally a no-go for ladies :crying:
Which sucks cause I'd kill for some powdered lube you can mix up whenever you need

OH GOD! I remember people talking about a lube that had sugar in it a year or 2 ago but I didn't know it about J Lube! Thank the wolf gods you said that because I was going to order my first bottle my next check to try it! :bugeyed:

Thanks for letting me know! Im DIFFERENTLY sticking to coconut oil and H2O! :surprised:
WTB:Kona Teenie

Name Pronounced as Ray-uh
Former Username: Precious Wolf
Im A Therian Wolf
Lover of Knotts, Big Boobs, and Egg Laying/Birthing

DO NOT PM ME FOR SEXUAL FAVORS!!!!!
ImageImageImage
gentle_paw

Postby gentle_paw » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:57 am

Thanks to all of you! :)

Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:Yup, J-lube is fine!

That's really good to know, so I won't recommend it for ladyfriends of mine. For me me and my male buddy that's no problem. :misc1:
KnotyDes

Postby KnotyDes » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:28 am

There is also a "soil glue" that uses the main ingredient of j lube or something like it, except without sugar. that someone recommend to me. Let me see if I can find it, when I'm off mobile.
My collection
► Show Spoiler
Harbenz

Postby Harbenz » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:39 am

KnotyDes wrote:There is also a "soil glue" that uses the main ingredient of j lube or something like it, except without sugar. that someone recommend to me. Let me see if I can find it, when I'm off mobile.

I think you mean this post, but as other user wrote below it doesn't give me good vibes. That's acryilimide polymer, and J-lube is polyethylene glycol. I mean, both are hydrogel types, but if the first one is sold for agrarian use it may not have guarantees for body compatibility. At least J-lube is sold for veterinarian use.
Resistance is futile.
► Show Spoiler
KnotyDes

Postby KnotyDes » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:29 pm

Harbenz wrote:I think you mean this post, but as other user wrote below it doesn't give me good vibes. That's acryilimide polymer, and J-lube is polyethylene glycol. I mean, both are hydrogel types, but if the first one is sold for agrarian use it may not have guarantees for body compatibility. At least J-lube is sold for veterinarian use.

yeah thats the one. I am a bit hesitate to try the stuff, since it is for agriculture. but then a lot of people disapprove of J lube because of its ability to kill you if it gets into your body cavity? (sorry cant think of correct term) in large amounts.

either way with 2 and 1/3 bottle of J Lube left, I'm not gonna be changing anytime soon.
My collection
► Show Spoiler
Harbenz

Postby Harbenz » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:45 pm

KnotyDes wrote:yeah thats the one. I am a bit hesitate to try the stuff, since it is for agriculture. but then a lot of people disapprove of J lube because of its ability to kill you if it gets into your body cavity? (sorry cant think of correct term) in large amounts.

either way with 2 and 1/3 bottle of J Lube left, I'm not gonna be changing anytime soon.

I think that warning is for veterinarians that literally pump large amounts inside the animal to help giving birth. Any strange loose fluid inside your body (even your own blood) is fucked up, so is not only a J-lube thing.

I don't have any plans to change it either, I got my first bottle almost 2 years ago, it's my only lube, I play a lot and still have half left, its everlasting. It's also cheap and I never heard of it cause any problem, so I don't see why saving a few bucks in something that is not even intended for animals.
Resistance is futile.
► Show Spoiler
wuffyl

Postby wuffyl » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:57 am

Raya wrote:Silicone based lubes will destroy your toy.

not quite, cheap silicone lubes with improperly cured silicone will react with silicone toys (and toys that say theyre silicone but not 100% platinum cure or even improperly cured toys) otherwise you wouldnt be able to store your dongs or kitchen supplies together without them becoming a goopy mess. silicone/water hybrids have an even better chance of being compatible with your toy, just do a test splotch on the base. here is some more info and she goes into more detail in other parts of her site

im only saying this because for a lot of folks silicone may be the best choice for whatevers going down and they do not make baddragon sized condoms
► Show Spoiler
mynickname

Postby mynickname » Mon May 07, 2018 1:12 am

Harbenz wrote:
KnotyDes wrote:a lot of people disapprove of J lube because of its ability to kill you if it gets into your body cavity?
I think that warning is for veterinarians that literally pump large amounts inside the animal to help giving birth. Any strange loose fluid inside your body (even your own blood) is fucked up, so is not only a J-lube thing.
It doesn't need to be a large amount. But if you do get any in there then you've ruptured your colon and will probably die if you don't got to the hospital anyway.

However, PEG (j-lube) isn't safe for kids as apparently it can go through their intestinal walls and enter the blood stream. From there it causes mood, mental, and other issues. The same thing doesn't happen to normal adults. But we aren't normal adults. Micro-tares are common when stretching so it'll get into your bloodstream. If you have other gut issues then your intestines are likely more permeable than the average adult as well. No one cares about cow mental issues nor is J-Lube used on them with frequency. None of the stuff we use is tested in the manor and frequency we use them.

I've stopped using PEG-based lubes and have switched to cellulose ones. I plan to make my own cellulose lube on an as needed basis so I can avoid the preservatives and anti-bacterial elements that are added to the commercial lubes. Coconut Oil and Sliquid Sassy are the safest lubes I've been able to find.

wuffyl wrote:im only saying this because for a lot of folks silicone may be the best choice for whatevers going down and they do not make baddragon sized condoms
They do make a couple condoms large enough, but they all have silicone-based lubricants pre-applied.
KnotyDes

Postby KnotyDes » Tue May 08, 2018 11:59 am

wuffyl wrote:
im only saying this because for a lot of folks silicone may be the best choice for whatevers going down and they do not make baddragon sized condoms

EE sells literal horse condoms. I'm going to go out on a limb and say the ones they sell are toy safe.

mynickname wrote:I've stopped using PEG-based lubes and have switched to cellulose ones. I plan to make my own cellulose lube on an as needed basis so I can avoid the preservatives and anti-bacterial elements that are added to the commercial lubes. Coconut Oil and Sliquid Sassy are the safest lubes I've been able to find.

I am unfarmiliar with cellulose based lubes. Is there a particular product that you recommend? The main reason I started using j lube is because it is a very good lubricant for more extreme play. Since I toy mostly with xls j lube has helped me greatly. Can cellulose base lube provide similar lubrication? If so it might be something for me to look into.
My collection
► Show Spoiler
Grimly Fiendish

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Tue May 08, 2018 2:59 pm

KnotyDes wrote:I am unfarmiliar with cellulose based lubes. Is there a particular product that you recommend? The main reason I started using j lube is because it is a very good lubricant for more extreme play. Since I toy mostly with xls j lube has helped me greatly. Can cellulose base lube provide similar lubrication? If so it might be something for me to look into.

Cellulose is an ingredient in Sliquid Sassy, it's used as a thickener (so it's less runny). It's not a "slickening" agent. If I remember right, the cellulose in Sassy is derived from cotton. I'm pretty sure that cellulose is derived from natural sources (plants, trees etc). Some breadmakers use it to add dietary fiber.
mynickname

Postby mynickname » Tue May 08, 2018 8:12 pm

Grimly Fiendish wrote:Cellulose is an ingredient in Sliquid Sassy, it's used as a thickener (so it's less runny). It's not a "slickening" agent.
Oh, then it must be the guar conditioner (cyamopsis) which is the main lubricant in their formula? The only other ingredients Sassy has is water, potassium sorbate, and citric acid. I haven't had time to try making any yet.
Grimly Fiendish

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Wed May 09, 2018 10:40 pm

mynickname wrote:
Grimly Fiendish wrote:Cellulose is an ingredient in Sliquid Sassy, it's used as a thickener (so it's less runny). It's not a "slickening" agent.
Oh, then it must be the guar conditioner (cyamopsis) which is the main lubricant in their formula? The only other ingredients Sassy has is water, potassium sorbate, and citric acid. I haven't had time to try making any yet.

Quick Google search says Potassium Sorbate is a preservative.

I think I was wrong... Could be that cellulose acts as a slickening agent, by creating a thick coating that "glides over itself" (to reduce friction) when mixed with water (?)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydroxyethyl_cellulose

Return to “Community Help and FAQs”