Spots on dildo

Do you have a question about firmness? Wondering how to take the knot? This is the place to seek your answers from other Forum users and customers!
PLEASE NOTE that if you require a reply from a Staff member, you will need to send in a support ticket! Visit help.bad-dragon.com for more information.
RE:er.ro

Spots on dildo

Postby RE:er.ro » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:22 am

Hi guys, I'm kinda freaking out here and I hope someone knows what this is.

I just found these small white spots on three of my toys (a Bad Dragon and two Mr Hankey's). I haven't had the opportunity yet to boil my toys because of housemates, but cleaning them with warm water and anti-bacterial soap doesn't help much. I can sorta rub off the white halo-y spots, but I'm still left with what appear to be minuscule holes of sorts just at the surface of the toys. My fear is that it's mold? Is that even possible with platinum-cured silicone? It looks more like pictures I've seen of silicone that hasn't been degassed properly before pouring.

A few details:

• These were in my clothing cabinet waiting to dry, as I didn't immediately dry them off after washing (which I do with hot water and anti-bacterial soap).

• I only own BD and Mr Hankey's toys. These did touch each other, but so did 4 other toys (all platinum cured silicone) in the same batch and those didn't show these white spots.

• As for lube: I make my own mixture from K-lube, coconut oil and a skin-safe emulsifier. Have been using the same recipe for years, although I've used J-lube instead up until a few months ago.

• There's no odd smell to them.

I've been toying for years and this is the first time this has come up. Anyone knows what this is and if so how to get rid of it?
nsfw things I've made after nsfw things I've found: m-body-simulations.tumblr.com
Jasmine

Re: Spots on dildo

Postby Jasmine » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:35 pm

Yeah that doesn't look right :surprised:

It might be a long shot, but maybe opening a ticket and asking the BD staff about Echo? See if they have a suggestion?

I certainly wouldn't use them until you figure out the cause. Does it feel like a film, is it greasy, or is it just... porous?
ImageImage

Postby RE:er.ro » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:03 am

Jasmine wrote:Yeah that doesn't look right :surprised:

It might be a long shot, but maybe opening a ticket and asking the BD staff about Echo? See if they have a suggestion?

I certainly wouldn't use them until you figure out the cause. Does it feel like a film, is it greasy, or is it just... porous?

Yeah I've contacted both BD and MrHankey's CS, so I'll have to wait and see if they know anything.
It doesn't feel greasy, but I do think I can feel the pores, ever so slightly. Echo's surface just doesn't seem as smooth.
nsfw things I've made after nsfw things I've found: m-body-simulations.tumblr.com
Dee

Postby Dee » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:12 pm

I doubt they're unsafe to use, but it looks to me like you've damaged the surface chemically somehow. I'm looking at the second image on the right hand side and it is very clearly pitting. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the anti-bacterial soap, do you always fully rinse them after using the soap?
True suffering is that there are millions of pictures of furry girls; but not one of them is real.
:crying:
Life is pain!

Postby RE:er.ro » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:18 pm

Yeah I use an anti-bacterial soap and always rinse afterwards. I've tried testing ever since and haven't found any consistency in the results; sometimes these spots show up after a while, sometimes they don't... :/
Dee

Postby Dee » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:33 pm

RE:er.ro wrote:Yeah I use an anti-bacterial soap and always rinse afterwards. I've tried testing ever since and haven't found any consistency in the results; sometimes these spots show up after a while, sometimes they don't... :/

I think it can only be the soap, how sure are you you're fully rinsing it after using the soap? Have you started using a different soap? and do you have a pic of the label?
True suffering is that there are millions of pictures of furry girls; but not one of them is real.
:crying:
Life is pain!

Postby RE:er.ro » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:38 pm

The rinsing is pretty thorough, but we use about 3 different soaps here, so that's a bit tricky.
Thing is, this is a recent development, so that's why I think the soaps can't be the problem, as we've bought them before without any issue. And I have a bunch of toys and this only happens to 3 of them.

Return to “Community Help and FAQs”