Dodgy FedEx link?

Do you have a question about firmness? Wondering how to take the knot? This is the place to seek your answers from other Forum users and customers!
PLEASE NOTE that if you require a reply from a Staff member, you will need to send in a support ticket! Visit help.bad-dragon.com for more information.
YollDragon

Dodgy FedEx link?

Postby YollDragon » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:28 pm

Hi, I'm pretty sure it's fine but considering I'm about to enter my credit card info on this website I'd rather be certain.

I ordered a toy during the holidays, and I am shipping to France using FedEx. I just got a SMS telling me to follow a link and pay 30€.

I am aware that's a thing, but my only gripe is this SMS is the only platform on which I recieved this message (nothing about it on my shipment tracking link or by email), and the link isn't exactly fedex.com, it's dutyandtax.fedex.com (which kind of ressembles the shipment tracking website except the duty and tax one has a shitty .jpg version of the FedEx logo.

Again, I feel it's fine but I'd rather be absolutely sure.

Thanks! :widesmile:
Ghost_the_Crow

Re: Dodgy FedEx link?

Postby Ghost_the_Crow » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:39 pm

I usually received my fedex bills via letter.
SMS or Email were never a thing.
But if you’re uncertain you can go to their website and look for a phone number where you can ask if it is real or not.
Asexual / Gyneromantic / Probably Trans or Genderfluid(?) / Loves Cuddling

"Of course I know what I'm doing." I said, knowing that I didn't.
huntress

Re: Dodgy FedEx link?

Postby huntress » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:08 pm

I have used FedEx 2 times so far (I'm from Germany) and I always got my order first. Two weeks later, I got an invoice in a letter. UPS however sends you a notification that you have to pay taxes first in order to receive your parcle. You can click on a link on their tracking page when they calculated the amount and then simply pay with paypal.

I have never heard of FedEx charging fees like this. They usually make you pay in person at your doorstep or they send you an invoice. Try to contact their customer service. Maybe they updated their processes.
► Show Spoiler

Return to “Community Help and FAQs”