Howto - Repairing tears in Platinum cure Silicone toys

Do you have a question about firmness? Wondering how to take the knot? This is the place to seek your answers from other Forum users and customers!
PLEASE NOTE that if you require a reply from a Staff member, you will need to send in a support ticket! Visit help.bad-dragon.com for more information.
BitDragon

Re: Howto - Repairing tears in Platinum cure Silicone toys

Postby BitDragon » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:57 am

My chances balls fell off :lol:

Started with a small tear where the blue color of the sheath met the pink color of the shaft.

Then I tried melting them back together with a blow torch. Didn't work and the areas I hit with the torch feel sticky now.
I am hoping some rubbing alcohol or special soap will get rid of the stickiness.

My JT has also gotten a small tear at the entrance. I shouldn't have stuck a bar of soap in there...

Think this stuff will hold my chance together?
Arumaeruma

Postby Arumaeruma » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:08 am

BitDragon wrote:My chances balls fell off :lol:

Started with a small tear where the blue color of the sheath met the pink color of the shaft.

Then I tried melting them back together with a blow torch. Didn't work and the areas I hit with the torch feel sticky now.
I am hoping some rubbing alcohol or special soap will get rid of the stickiness.

My JT has also gotten a small tear at the entrance. I shouldn't have stuck a bar of soap in there...

Think this stuff will hold my chance together?

The balls fell off!? Well that's some unfortunate castration right there. Was it a flop? How old was it? I remember someone else here had an old toy and the base (which was a different color) split clean off after a long time. Torch won't work, silicone is very heat resistant. Silpoxy works for small tears, it'll work for your JT but I think you're out of luck with chance. Do you have any pics of the damage? You could always try contacting CS to see if they have any advice
BitDragon

Postby BitDragon » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:24 am

It is about 2 years old, it was a custom split fade.

I was dicking around with it one day and I noticed a small tear where the pink meets the blue.

Stayed like that for a few months until I started fiddling with the tear making it grow bigger, until, the balls fell off.

It's a clean split between the pink and blue. One piece is all pink the other is all blue.

What If I apply a small dot of silpoxy in the middle, let it cure then apply more silpoxy until the whole thing is sealed up?
Arumaeruma

Postby Arumaeruma » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:10 pm

BitDragon wrote:It is about 2 years old, it was a custom split fade.

I was dicking around with it one day and I noticed a small tear where the pink meets the blue.

Stayed like that for a few months until I started fiddling with the tear making it grow bigger, until, the balls fell off.

It's a clean split between the pink and blue. One piece is all pink the other is all blue.

What If I apply a small dot of silpoxy in the middle, let it cure then apply more silpoxy until the whole thing is sealed up?

Ah I meant a picture of the damage, my mistake I should have specified. Silpoxy is really tiny and only for very small cuts or dents. I'm not trying to burst your bubble but I would seriously doubt that silpoxy will work on a major issue like that and might make it worse. I would still ticket to see if your toy is under some sort of warranty or see what customer service has to say about it.
keelut

Postby keelut » Tue May 31, 2016 12:10 am

Any chance anyone could PM a site that would deliver this sil poxy to Hawaii? >.<
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Tue May 31, 2016 12:18 am

BitDragon wrote:It is about 2 years old, it was a custom split fade.

EeeEEEEEyikes!

The silpoxy is worth a try
I don't have high hopes :(

If you do try make sure to let the first dot cure completely before adding more

I'm really sorry about your balls

Aaaaand that's a sentence I never thought I'd type.....
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
selling at dragonmoor.com
Lagalbdrache

Postby Lagalbdrache » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:36 pm

@Bitdragon
thats a production failure. No chemical bond at all. Dont they test their splits with ultrasound?

PLease post a pic of the area where it split.
Kyuushi

Postby Kyuushi » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:40 pm

Hopefully someone will be around to answer this XD

Can you boil toys that have been repaired with sil-poxy?

Our brand-new Janine's Muzzle already has tears in the corners of her mouth, and I have a feeling there's no way we will be getting a warranty replacement even after only 4 uses. No use repairing the toy and having it come apart every time we boil it.

Thanks!
//WebsiteFurAffinityTumblr\\

Owner of:
Furious Night Nox (small, medium firmness) // Joyous Celebration Crackers (small, medium firmness)
Adopted, Glow in the Dark Meng (one-size, medium firmness)
Halloween Orange Legacy Seadragon (small, medium firmness) // Custom Color Legacy Ridgeback (small, soft firmness)

Shared with my mate:
Dashing Janine's Muzzle / Natural Austin / Onyx Razor / Sale Color Magnus' Sheath / Adopted Chico Lil' Squirt
Crusadain

Postby Crusadain » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:17 pm

I just used your guide to fix my very own Dragoness Muzzle. I thought she was gone forever, but... I decided to buy some Sil-Poxy from Ebay. I did just as you instructed, and in 20 mins.... It looked good enough to toy around with, and it actually held up! I... couldn't wait. >.>;

Thank you for your advice! Worked like a charm~ 20$ is a small price to pay to keep a 100$ item you enjoy.

Return to “Community Help and FAQs”