Howto - Repairing tears in Platinum cure Silicone toys

Do you have a question about firmness? Wondering how to take the knot? This is the place to seek your answers from other Forum users and customers!
PLEASE NOTE that if you require a reply from a Staff member, you will need to send in a support ticket! Visit help.bad-dragon.com for more information.
Wyvrn

Re: Howto - Repairing tears in Platinum cure Silicone toys

Postby Wyvrn » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:33 am

Hi all. Just wanted to point out you can also buy this stuff from Sculpture Supply Canada. http://www.sculpturesupply.com/detail.php?id=799283&sf=searchtext&vl=sil-poxy

They have the 17g and 85g tubes, as well as the 3.6kg bucket if for some reason you had that many fixes to make.

They ship UPS everywhere in North America, have no minimum order, and they take paypal. Shipping charges aren't built into their website, but they give you a change to confirm the total before you pay. Shipping was $10 for me ,but I live right next to them so you can probably expect to pay a little bit more.

I had an unfortunate tear in the tip of my naga from not being kind enough to the cumtube opening. I'll write a bit more here once it cures and I can test it.
Owner of:
Medium Legacy Gryphon [8] Large Naga [5] Large Unflared Chance [3/5 Split] Extra Large Crackers [3]
Firewo1f

Postby Firewo1f » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:11 am

Hi, would this method work for filling up nicks and/or bubbles (soon to be owned of a flop with some issues)?

also I found a UK supplier of silpoxy - http://www.benam.co.uk/products/silicone/accessories-silicone/sil-poxy/

its also available on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Smooth-On-Sil-Poxy-Silicone-Adhesive-/330836021024
Oberic

Postby Oberic » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:19 am

It should be totally fine for any scratches or holes.

Yay! I finally got my sil-poxy, repaired the massive gash that developed on my Natascha, and fixed a small tear that was forming on my foxbutt.
That stuff is awesome. Honestly, I would love the option to have a tube of the stuff included when buying a penetrable. :|
Zephic

Postby Zephic » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:49 pm

I figured I might as well drop in this link for anyone looking for an amazon-based supplier of sil-poxy.

http://www.amazon.com/Sil-Poxy-Silicone-Adhesive-Ounce-Tube/dp/B00IRC1YI0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1398551694&sr=8-1&keywords=sil-poxy

I don't have much information on it though, particularly since there are no reviews on it.
Keely

Postby Keely » Thu May 22, 2014 10:31 pm

does anyone have an opinion on whether this would be safe to use/would work at all to stick a cumtube back into a toy permanently? (link)

I'm getting a toy in the near future that had it's cumtube pulled and I'd like to re-affix it permanently without having to worry about gunk getting stuck in the gap between the tube and the toy. So would this stuff work (applied with a fill needle once the tube has been re-threaded through) or will I need to shell out at a sketchy website to fix it properly?
TheEclipse01

Postby TheEclipse01 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:41 pm

My new Hazel has developed 2 small tears when I decided it would be a good idea to finger her roughly - right down to the knuckle. Not sure what got into me, but I'm expecting my tube of sil-poxy on Monday... Which will be really nice because i was kind of sad about it.
BlueMoonRising

Postby BlueMoonRising » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:06 pm

I can safely say that after using it to repair two toys, Sil-Poxy is great for filling in missing chunks or deep air pockets in flop toys! You just need to be careful when spreading or glopping it on if you want it to look nice - I used a popsicle stick as an applicator and it works just fine.
Zephic

Postby Zephic » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:58 pm

ok, a few days ago I recieved my sil-poxy, and managed to get repairs on my ladies. documenting my experiences below:

equipment: one tube of sil-poxy, some artists' wire.

natascha and hazel were easy peasy fixes; common tears in the sharp corners of the lips, droplets on the tip of the wire and done like dinner.

mary and janine were completely different stories.

Janine had 3 inner tears, which I presume were from demolding, were suprisingly easy, you just need to have a steady hand.

mary... :cry: good god mary was a nightmare, not because of the tear inside was hard, but because I was learning just how to fix inner tears, and ended up making worse problems then the one I was supposed to fix.

my list of mistakes
  • stuck a roll of artist's wire in her to try and isolate the tear
  • realized that I didn't need it
  • try to pull it out
  • cause worse damage than the tear I was trying to fix :o :oops:
  • had to fix the damage I caused, not sure if I even did it right :?
  • sil-poxy cured in a weird way that that caused it to jab the tip of my penis when I toyed with her, now it's fine but for a while it I was in another state of freakout.

fixing inner tears involves a drop of sil-poxy on the end of a piece of wire, or something else that can reach the inner length of a penetrable, bending the sleeve itself forward so you can apply the sil-poxy, and a steady as hell hand. I found out far too late that prying a open a penetrable to get a good look is not needed for the female penetrables, the anal ones, I'm not so sure, JT and duke in particular look like they might require a stretching to get at inner tears.

finally, the square middle is the worst case scenario for a penetrable tear- which I had to deal with when repairing mary.

remember to clip your fingernails- they will tear your sleeves if you leave them uncut! :oops:

well, that's my penetrable fixing story, hopefully current/future sleeve owners can learn from my mistakes.
Scorpio

Postby Scorpio » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:15 pm

Thanks for the guide. Hoped I wouldn't be here, but apparently my Hazel couldn't take more than I've given her.
Being from sweden, it seems like I gonna have to find a swedish supplement, and there seems to be a few.
So I wanted to ask if there's something particular I should look for or avoid when I buy something to repair this?
tozers

Postby tozers » Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:56 am

So, recently I managed to damage a dragoness muzzle while using her a little bit roughly, I came to this thread for help and went through with the purchase of the sil-poxy. It works, but you have to know one thing.... it takes nearly NOTHING to get it to bind, and if you use too much, you will notice it as it makes a hard spot (or ridge in my case) I used too much and will have to work on the toy with various tools and put a lot time into making it usable again... something I'm not sure I even want to do. But, if done correctly, I think this will be a great solution for people.

I also fixed some of the wear on my chance that I've had for a long time, there was a slight rip on the base of him from certain amounts of stress and pressure. It fixed it perfectly due to learning to use barely anything on the cut.

I'll say it again, be reserved in how much you use, you can always pull it apart if you didnt use enough and do it again..... at least in my experience...
gong

Postby gong » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:22 am

Disaster has struck. I recently discovered a small tear at the bottom of the entrance of my Janine. Obviously I'm looking to fix this before it gets worse but I can't find anyone selling sil-poxy that's willing to ship to Sweden.
Does anyone know a supplier?
MilesLupine

Postby MilesLupine » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:17 pm

Welp, need to shelf my Natascha till after my next payday :psyduck: Took 3 months but the notorious stress point finally strikes! I could order the Sil-Poxy now but kind of not wanting to use my Natascha for a while out of paranoia anyways so just going to hold off :tinfoil:
Will document how well going about repairs goes. Thank goodness for this thread existing.
Lyrics fitting my mood/are inspiring: From Chemical Interference by Dragonforce
"I am what I choose to be, I lose grip on reality
And I have nothing to atone
All your morals thrown in vain, I know my pleasure is my pain
But I'm gonna make it on my own."
Image Arts and more arts.
Jakkie

Postby Jakkie » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:14 pm

Whoa, this thread is awesome! Now I can fix little air bubbles in flops!
ImageImageImageImage
Jakkie wrote:Bootyholes are fickle creatures. You must wine and dine the bootyhole, get it to relax. Be patient with the bootyhole.
Fio

Postby Fio » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:26 pm

Was wondering if just using some 100% pure silicone would work. I've patched silicone molds wIth a little extra silicone after demolding and it worked out fine. I have also seen posts about making DIY custom toys that use the stuff and apperently it's body safe (as long as its pure silicone). So I figure using half a drop to fix a miniscule tear in a toy would be ok and a heck of a lot cheaper than the silepoxy.

I plan on using a tea spoon sized glob of clear 100% silicone and a drop glycerine as a catalyst. Im only going to use a very small amount of what I make but thats about as small as I can go and still stick to my ratio for catalyst to silicone.

If you have any advice on the matter it would be greatly appreciated. If no one does I guess I go ahead and give it a shot then report back here if it worked out or not.
:psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck:
Furtaku

Postby Furtaku » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:57 pm

This was very helpful. I was happy to know that repairing my boyfriend's Janine was easier and less stressful after reading this thread.
"Anything is a dildo if you're brave enough"
- Abe Lincoln
tikiratgirl

Postby tikiratgirl » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:06 pm

I was wondering if sil-poxy could help dents in a tentacle. My boyfriend's evil cat decided to take me tentacle right after I got it, and put hundreds of bite holes and a few cuts throughout all of my toy. I know that it would work on the cuts, but do you think it would fill little holes and make the head smooth once again?
Some people may run from tentacle monsters, but I run to them. <3
I'd love love to talk to you! Just say the word, and we can be buddies, for sure!
terranakari

Postby terranakari » Tue May 12, 2015 11:18 am

So glad i found this thread!! My little brother has some small gashes/tears forming on both sides of his dragoness muzzle... We've been talking about finding away to fix her and then I stumble on this thread! Thank goodness! Lol I know he'd be willing to dish out whatever he needed to in order to fix his baby, without buying another one. Plus hes super attatched to the one he has, He named her and everything Lol
I love my Bad Dragon toys!! <3
VampireTampon

Postby VampireTampon » Wed May 13, 2015 6:25 pm

I tried this on my gorgeously-colored JT the Fox and it didn't really work. It kept ripping open. I'm so bummed out... I haven't used him much since. Maybe it's a design flaw on the JT. On the other hand, my Duke's Butt is perfectly fine and has never ripped. Both have been used in the same way (nothing particularly rough).

That said, the sil-poxy is great and it did fix the handle on my Norpro Smart Universal Lid. It has been about 5 months since it got fixed and it still hasn't broken again.
"Nothing goes better with butter than more butter" -Paula Deen
WTB AURORA OR RAINBOW RIBBON SMALL NOCTURNE!
Scorpio

Postby Scorpio » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:08 am

I'm still looking for an alternative for us europeans. But while I was looking at sil-poxy on amazon, I noted that there's 2 different versions:
Sil-Poxy Silicone Adhesive
Smooth-On Sil-poxy Rubber Silicone Adhesive

What's the difference between those two and which of them should I be looking for?
Scorpio

Postby Scorpio » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:31 am

Or at least for us europeans.
I've seen that alot of people from here have asked the same question that I have. How do you find Sil Poxy in europe? After looking around at a couple of forums for sexdolls, I found this two shops:
http://www.formx.nl/index.php
http://www.kaupo.de/shop/SILIKONKAUTSCHUK-Zubehoer/ADDITIVE-FUER-ALLE-SILIKONE/Sil-Poxy/

I can't speak for KauPo since I ordered from FormX. But compared with the price I would have had to pay from ebay (which was also the last tube) it had a decent price. Delivery went quick and smoothly too, with a small dilay (but that's because it came on a friday so I had to wait through the weekend before I could get it from my post office). So far I can't do less than recommand the site :smile:

Return to “Community Help and FAQs”