Howto - Repairing tears in Platinum cure Silicone toys

Do you have a question about firmness? Wondering how to take the knot? This is the place to seek your answers from other Forum users and customers!
PLEASE NOTE that if you require a reply from a Staff member, you will need to send in a support ticket! Visit help.bad-dragon.com for more information.
Torakazu

Re: Howto - Repairing tears in Platinum cure Silicone toys

Postby Torakazu » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:44 am

The big problem with those stores is that they're geared more towards model builders and businesses than random people fixing their sex toys at home. Their way of business then becomes a bit awkward for those of us who have been spoiled by places like Amazon and the many other sites that carry just about everything else you could want.

I've had resplits, I just fix them and go on instead of complaining. As for why it does in the first place, I'm not completely sure. There could be a large number of reasons.

The tearing (from my own observations) usually stops at a certain point and doesn't seem to expand beyond it. I still worry that it may expand further though and patch it to be sure though.
Condoms make impractically large water balloons. ... experience is a scary thing.

Straight male with no mate, mistress or pets. Looking for the first, but it could be fun to have any of the rest.

Damaged toy? Worry not, I can teach you to fix it.
Anthro Dragoness: If you think she's good hot, try her cold.
I've also adopted a naughty little Werewolf.
My BD bio -updated 9/10/2011
Kith

Postby Kith » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:32 pm

Sekioh wrote:I mean I know it 'unravels' easily once a tear does start but as long as theres no gash's they can stretch a lot (Varka stuck arm through one?) yes my little ol' dick liberally lubed and gently used causes two little parallel rips at the top after about 4 uses? Somethings wrong with the logics of that. :|

Well, some people have not used them gently, not used enough lube, bitten them, etc, but you're not talking about that. I've seen your kind of issue explained with microfissures - basically microscopic tears or weak points that stress through use causes to get worse. These wouldn't be able to be spotted through normal QC and are probably the cause of the femtoys' current lack of warranty.
"I have often wondered since that day if I am the only veterinary surgeon to have used an artificial vagina as a defensive weapon" -- James Herriot, The Lord God Made Them All

Demisexual with BDSM kinks
dazwolf

Postby dazwolf » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:41 am

I ended up with one of the huge bottles because the pricing on this stuff is just crazy. I understand why it costs so much, but that one site requiring a minimum order, then charging half that again in shipping for what could fit in an envelope is just ridiculous.

I got a flop husky, back end was trimmed badly, and she tore just from fingering. Granted, I also have a sloppy cumtube trim job on the new Varka that needs to be fixed, but eh. If it fixes and holds, then no complaints from me.
You hit me like a subway train, and I will never be the same...

Ordered:
Nothing at the moment.

The ever growing list of haves and wants:
http://forums.bad-dragon.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3564&p=509267#p509267
Sekioh

Postby Sekioh » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:02 pm

Yeah, I mean it's bittersweet so far, I love the aethetics of baddragon toys and they're trying, and I know the female toys were and still are a work in progress, but, for like one in three coming out with weak integrity and tearing within a handful of uses, there should still be newer revisions designs with small tweaks to prevent the issues as much.

People said the dragoness tore a lot since that was the first one, but she's lasted 6-8 uses now (she had recently come in and after husky started to tear more I switched to her) with no signs of stress. It's a matter of the design, and strangely while the outer lips of the husky is a tight slit look, it doesn't tear at the outer lips top where it comes together, which is where you would think it would. Instead it tears just inside that where it starts to go more circular in shape, so people wouldn't even know really if BD changed the slight front inside a little more to be more rounded or looser at the top to make them endure more.

As it's been said, the ones that lack the microbubbles/microtears can be stretched and fisted without issues. @[email protected]

Anyway, that said, I got my sil-poxy in. Fast shipping, so that makes me feel a bit better about the absurdly priced product and shipping :P Gotta reclean it and gonna make an attempt tonight to patch her up! :O
dazwolf

Postby dazwolf » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:02 am

I think it is hard to percent things like the micro tears and such, that tends to be more of a material and pouring issue than design flaw. Sometimes it is beyond the control of the manufacturer. Like every other toy though, for every botch that gets talked about here, there are most likely hundreds that are fine and work as intended.

I also wondered if perhaps the softer density material made it more prone to tearing. Could be totally wrong on that.
You hit me like a subway train, and I will never be the same...

Ordered:
Nothing at the moment.

The ever growing list of haves and wants:
http://forums.bad-dragon.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3564&p=509267#p509267
Torakazu

Postby Torakazu » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:34 pm

I guess here goes nothing with your repairs.

I will say this for Sil-Poxy, despite it's price and the barely ethical practices it's sellers use, it works.

This is making me wonder how things have gone with Nemekh and the inquiry about BD stocking it as a reseller.
Condoms make impractically large water balloons. ... experience is a scary thing.

Straight male with no mate, mistress or pets. Looking for the first, but it could be fun to have any of the rest.

Sekioh

Postby Sekioh » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:03 pm

Took her for a ride, it seems to hold up fine for the little slather I did inside the tear. Crazy how little I needed even out of that little tube @[email protected] I can't believe people could even consider using that big tube even as a business!
Torakazu

Postby Torakazu » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:23 pm

As I said in the main post, just a little dab'll do ya. The amount needed to fix most tears is crazy tiny. The biggest reason to ever have the large tube is if you're fixing lots of silicone molds.

GreenDragonRanger

Postby GreenDragonRanger » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:40 pm

I was just looking into this before my first order arrives. Thank you for the explanation of fixing any tears that may form and now I won't be so paranoid when I get to try her out.

I ordered Janine in Dragoness Blue, but I'm jealous of the purple color. :T
Where'd I put my Dragon Flute?
Airless

Postby Airless » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:40 pm

I accidentally ripped my Chico's cumtube out when it was completely inside me :(
Would silpoxy work with the cumtube?

Torakazu

Postby Torakazu » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:01 pm

Airless wrote:I accidentally ripped my Chico's cumtube out when it was completely inside me :(
Would silpoxy work with the cumtube?

While I'm reasonably sure sure that Sil-Poxy will help in making the tube stay in the toy again, I'd send in a ticket and see if you qualify for replacement under warranty first.

Airless

Postby Airless » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:31 pm

I don't think it would be covered, I didn't buy it, plus I pulled the toy out by the tube. :(
Torakazu

Postby Torakazu » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:41 pm

With that changed, I guess I can drop my usual CYA responses. Again, I'm pretty sure it can be used to restore the bond. It'll be a tight fit just getting the tube back into the toy. I suggest putting a bead of Sil-Poxy just below the tip of the tube and twist lightly as you reinsert. The twisting should help spread the adhesive somewhat evenly. It would also be a good idea to be wearing latex or vinyl gloves so you can use the index finger of your other hand to feel for when the tube is all the way through.

Kalia

Postby Kalia » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:01 pm

Would a different adhesive work if the thing you're fixing doesn't need to worry about being stretched out the way a female toy would be? I managed to tear my sample disk :c Sure as hell not dishing out any cash just to fix it but my dad has like a ton of adhesives for various stuff that I could probably get him to use to glue it back together.
Torakazu

Postby Torakazu » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:01 pm

Kalia wrote:Would a different adhesive work if the thing you're fixing doesn't need to worry about being stretched out the way a female toy would be? I managed to tear my sample disk :c Sure as hell not dishing out any cash just to fix it but my dad has like a ton of adhesives for various stuff that I could probably get him to use to glue it back together.

If you're not planning to use it for anything more than a coaster or something, any adhesive that is safe for use with silicone should work. It probably won't be the prettiest seal, but it'll fit the purpose.

Adhesives like Sil-Poxy should be used for toys that are actually meant for use with the body, both phallic and vaginal in design. Both experience stretching, pulling and contorting. The phallic designs can handle it better, but that doesn't mean you should use just anything to seal them if they do happen to fail.

Kalia

Postby Kalia » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:05 pm

Torakazu wrote:If you're not planning to use it for anything more than a coaster or something, any adhesive that is safe for use with silicone should work. It probably won't be the prettiest seal, but it'll fit the purpose.

More like a stress ball/plaything, but noted. I hope one of the adhesives he has will work with silicone then.
frostcheeta

Postby frostcheeta » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:55 am

not endorsing this stuff or anything nor have i tried it directly with the BD silicone yet but my friend used some of this DAP aquarium adhesive/sealer on a silicone mold (for making small fox figures) to see if it would have similar adhering properties as the sil poxy and it seemed to be just as effective, it is also rated for food contact and water contact. its just about as expensive as sil poxy but for those that dont really want to go online he got it at a local hardware store. its an option if someone wants to look into it further before i do (prolly will test on a sample disk at some point in the future)
Torakazu

Postby Torakazu » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:58 pm

That may be a good alternative. I might attempt a test or two myself the next time I get a spare sample disc.

zeejay

Postby zeejay » Sun May 13, 2012 5:19 pm

My poor Husky keeps getting ripped apart. :( The silpoxy works for a short while and then tears up again. :c Applying a decent amount in strategic places and just globbing it on results in the same thing. :(
Whee!
Torakazu

Postby Torakazu » Mon May 14, 2012 11:19 pm

There are critical points in the toy that will tend to tear. I won't go into the size of the user, but that's one thing that puts a great deal of stress on the femtoys. Another is the amount of lube used. The rougher the ride, the more damage you'll cause. Feel free to go crazy with the lube and it should at least slow it down some.

Other than that, I really don't know how else to at least mitigate the damage.

Return to “Community Help and FAQs”