The missing and the lost MIA toys

Please post your feedback regarding a particular buyer/seller transaction here, after reading the rules section.

In the topic subject, please put the seller or buyer's forum name (not real name)
Gamma Velorum

Re: The missing and the lost MIA toys

Postby Gamma Velorum » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:55 am

Raya wrote:The thing is getting rid of trades STILL won't stop them, it will make it harder but it still won't stop them from trying to sell the toy which a few people here still got scammed by.
What BD really needs is a IP ban system but someone told me those aren't cheap and I know jack about that so idk if it's true or not.

Its definitely the only way to get rid of them since they just keep making new accounts.
If everyone who has bought from them report them to PayPal they should ban them from PayPal. (But seeing how they still haven't ban them from all the times people have filled claims with them idk...)

But sadly it's as others have said.... Sadly BD would much rather just shut the whole thing down all together....

As I understood it tho, BD has banned at least one person I know via their IP address a few years ago, though I could be mistaken. So AFAIK, it's possible?
As for PayPal, I have no idea...
Unfortunately, yeah, I think if it gets bad, BD will just take away the secondhand forum again.
Raya

Postby Raya » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:03 am

Gamma Velorum wrote:As I understood it tho, BD has banned at least one person I know via their IP address a few years ago, though I could be mistaken. So AFAIK, it's possible?
Unfortunately, yeah, I think if it gets bad, BD will just take away the secondhand forum again.

I never heard of anyone getting IP ban on here so if they do then I'm even more confused about why they don't do it more. :psyduck:
WTB:Kona Teenie

Name Pronounced as Ray-uh
Former Username: Precious Wolf
Im A Therian Wolf
Lover of Knotts, Big Boobs, and Egg Laying/Birthing

DO NOT PM ME FOR SEXUAL FAVORS!!!!!
ImageImageImage
Akanisen

Postby Akanisen » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:13 am

Raya wrote:
Gamma Velorum wrote:As I understood it tho, BD has banned at least one person I know via their IP address a few years ago, though I could be mistaken. So AFAIK, it's possible?

I never heard of anyone getting IP ban on here so if they do then I'm even more confused about why they don't do it more. :psyduck:

I've heard of users getting IP banned as well, but I haven't heard of it in a while so maybe they stopped doing it :mystery:
ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage
Gamma Velorum

Postby Gamma Velorum » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:16 am

@Akanisen

Maybe they should start again....
Raya

Postby Raya » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:28 am

Akanisen wrote:I've heard of users getting IP banned as well, but I haven't heard of it in a while so maybe they stopped doing it :mystery:

Whhaaaa?!?!
So if they have this this whole time either they lost the ability to (don't know how this would be possible) or maybe BD really did just completely stop giving a fuck about everyone.

Im A Therian Wolf

ImageImageImage
Akanisen

Postby Akanisen » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:31 am

Raya wrote:
Akanisen wrote:I've heard of users getting IP banned as well, but I haven't heard of it in a while so maybe they stopped doing it :mystery:

Whhaaaa?!?!
So if they have this this whole time either they lost the ability to (don't know how this would be possible) or maybe BD really did just completely stop giving a fuck about everyone.

You mentioned earlier something about it costing extra to have the ability to IP ban. Maybe they had it but got rid of it to cut costs (possibly when the new management came around?).
ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage
Raya

Postby Raya » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:39 am

Akanisen wrote:
Raya wrote:

Whhaaaa?!?!

You mentioned earlier something about it costing extra to have the ability to IP ban. Maybe they had it but got rid of it to cut costs (possibly when the new management came around?).

Idk if it actually does or not, it's just someone told me years ago but they didn't provide any proof and no one else has heard of it costing either so I believe they where just speaking out of their tail.

Im A Therian Wolf

ImageImageImage
Akanisen

Postby Akanisen » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:45 am

Raya wrote:Idk if it actually does or not, it's just someone told me years ago but they didn't provide any proof and no one else has heard of it costing either so I believe they where just speaking out of their tail.

Definitely possible. It could always just be the fact that since BD put up their 'we are not responsible' sign for the secondhand threads that they started ignoring it. Oh well, doesn't really matter. Us discussing 'why' isn't gonna make it happen/come back. That's why I'm glad threads like this are a thing.
Raya

Postby Raya » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:49 am

Akanisen wrote:
Raya wrote:Idk if it actually does or not, it's just someone told me years ago but they didn't provide any proof and no one else has heard of it costing either so I believe they where just speaking out of their tail.

Definitely possible. It could always just be the fact that since BD put up their 'we are not responsible' sign for the secondhand threads that they started ignoring it. Oh well, doesn't really matter. Us discussing 'why' isn't gonna make it happen/come back. That's why I'm glad threads like this are a thing.

True enough... We all gave up on them actually doing anything. :unamused:

Im A Therian Wolf

ImageImageImage
Zaneta

Postby Zaneta » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:39 am

Has anyone seen a med soft Pearce with a custom blue/pink marbling? It is brand new and has dissappeared from my house recently, I think possibly my house keepers snatched it (as, sadly, I did leave it out on accident when I left home the other night ) and while I incredibly doubt it turning up here, maybe they'd sell it somewhere and someone would spot it.

:misc4: :doh:

Should I go to the police with ths?
Who needs to leave home when you got horse dicks?

:misc11: PM me! I love to chat! <3 :misc12:
Zaneta

Postby Zaneta » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:58 am

Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:
Zaneta wrote:Has anyone seen a med soft Pearce with a custom blue/pink marbling? It is brand new and has dissappeared from my house recently, I think possibly my house keepers snatched it (as, sadly, I did leave it out on accident when I left home the other night ) and while I incredibly doubt it turning up here, maybe they'd sell it somewhere and someone would spot it.

Did you make sure it didn't get thrown away?

Yep. Actually made a checklist so I could rmember to look through the entire house. Nowhere to be seen

marshmarshmarsh

Postby marshmarshmarsh » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:42 am

Zaneta wrote:
Zaneta wrote:Has anyone seen a med soft Pearce with a custom blue/pink marbling? It is brand new and has dissappeared from my house recently, I think possibly my house keepers snatched it (as, sadly, I did leave it out on accident when I left home the other night ) and while I incredibly doubt it turning up here, maybe they'd sell it somewhere and someone would spot it.

Yep. Actually made a checklist so I could rmember to look through the entire house. Nowhere to be seen

Did you take a photo of it? You should take a photo of all your toys and post them here just in case a toythief comes along, so you'll have proof of ownership.

Alternatively did you check under your bed or down the back of the sofa?
seeking: Jollies Jollie
selling: Bazel, Pyxis. PM if interested!
Zaneta

Postby Zaneta » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:47 am

marshmarshmarsh wrote:
Zaneta wrote:

Did you take a photo of it? You should take a photo of all your toys and post them here just in case a toythief comes along, so you'll have proof of ownership.

Not sure if I have any pics as of yet. I mean I had just got it the day before it disappeared. I didn't check upmder the bed. :surprised: let me go look now

marshmarshmarsh

Postby marshmarshmarsh » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:31 am

Zaneta wrote:
marshmarshmarsh wrote:
Zaneta wrote:

Not sure if I have any pics as of yet. I mean I had just got it the day before it disappeared. I didn't check upmder the bed. :surprised: let me go look now

Always, always document your toys- take photos after recieving them to check for flaws and show them off. We do have a handy-dandy 'Show off your collection' thread for this purpose. You can easily track where a secondhand toy has made the jump from user to user, which can be interesting. That way if one of your toys goes 'missing', you can easily point at that collection pic and go, 'that one, there' and everyone will be alert.
seeking: Jollies Jollie
selling: Bazel, Pyxis. PM if interested!
Zaneta

Postby Zaneta » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:38 am

marshmarshmarsh wrote:Always, always document your toys- take photos after recieving them to check for flaws and show them off. We do have a handy-dandy 'Show off your collection' thread for this purpose. You can easily track where a secondhand toy has made the jump from user to user, which can be interesting. That way if one of your toys goes 'missing', you can easily point at that collection pic and go, 'that one, there' and everyone will be alert.

Note Taken, I will remember to do that in the future. Thank you for the info

And I didn't find it under the bed, but I did find my missing dress! So there is a plus.

Gamma Velorum

Postby Gamma Velorum » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:13 am

@Zaneta

Glad you found the dress...that's a plus at least. But yeah, alllllways take pics of your toys, especially when you first get em. Like Marsh said (especially when they're still in the bag), that helps in case a toy is flawed somehow and you can return it to the shop with documentation. I had that happen with one of my EE toys and I would have been screwed if I hadn't taken a pic and kept it in the bag.
Anywhoo, yeah, deffo take pics as soon as you get toys in the future. One, it's fun as hell to show off your new pride and joy of a dick and spam all your friends with your new pretty...It's literally the first thing I do when I get a toy, haha, as most of the pics in my camera roll can attest. XD And two, it makes tracking down missing toys MUCH easier.

Hope you find your Pearce....when I still had one last holiday season (funny story incoming!), I was afraid it had accidentally gotten shipped with a bundle of sheets and clothes off to a local laundry service cos it wasn't in the Liberator blanket I'd left it in the night before (one bathroom that's usually occupied and while maybe a lil gross to leave toys unwashed overnight, it doesn't hurt anything), so y'know, cue panic mode!
Thankfully, my roommates don't give much of a care about my toys, so I went to one of them to ask "Hey, where's my Pearce? I left it wrapped in that blanket on the bed...not where I left it, but the Pearce isn't there....have you seen it?"
Soon after finding the Pearce about 10 minutes later....on the FLOOR UNDER A BOX next to my turntable/record collection, the other roommie told me the tale.
The other roommate was gathering a little bit of laundry from the baskets in respective rooms as a courtesy, plus two of us were at work anyway and went to grab the Liberator where I'd left it in a bundle on the floor for the night. The other roommate (who'd I'd inquired about the Pearce to) immediately said "Oh, not that one...she'll take care of that blanket herself, so don't tou-"
Too late. Out came tumbling and bouncing onto the floor...Pearce and once the other roommate got over the initial shock....HE PUT A BOX OVER IT LIKE IT WAS A MOUSE!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
He leaves one particular blanket alone these days and the other roommate still pokes fun at him for the whole incident.

Anyway, staying on topic....hope you find the Pearce and alllllways take pics of your toys, for documentation AND fun! :3
Zaneta

Postby Zaneta » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:48 am

Gamma Velorum wrote: :misc2: :widesmile:

Oh my, that is a great story! :laugh: As soon as I find my Pearce I will document it and put it somewhere. I just ordered a new med Austin too, so I'll need to keep a close eye on it when it arrives just in case it is my house keeper.

Usually I keep my toys in a blue trunk (Padlocked) but recently I've had to take the lock off because, embarrassingly, I lost the key. >. <

Thanks for the info and advice!

Gamma Velorum

Postby Gamma Velorum » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:00 am

Zaneta wrote:

Oh my, that is a great story! :laugh: As soon as I find my Pearce I will document it and put it somewhere. I just ordered a new med Austin too, so I'll need to keep a close eye on it when it arrives just in case it is my house keeper.

Usually I keep my toys in a blue trunk (Padlocked) but recently I've had to take the lock off because, embarrassingly, I lost the key. >. <

Aye, you're welcome for both the tale and the advice!
Yes, definitely document everything Just In Case. Also, if you can, just buy a new trunk with a new lock that doesn't require a key...like a combo or word/number lock. I lose things like keys if they aren't something like my car or house keys. I used a word lock at a previous job and that worked like champ, with no key to lose. :3
When you get the Austin, take pics! Both to prove you got it/have it and just for the sheer fun of showing it off!
Zaneta

Postby Zaneta » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:06 am

Gamma Velorum wrote:
Zaneta wrote:

Yes, definitely document everything Just In Case. Also, if you can, just buy a new trunk with a new lock that doesn't require a key...like a combo or word/number lock. I lose things like keys if they aren't something like my car or house keys. I used a word lock at a previous job and that worked like champ, with no key to lose. :3
When you get the Austin, take pics! Both to prove you got it/have it and just for the sheer fun of showing it off!

A word lock soundes interesting, I'll have to look it up!

My new Austin is a suprise me, so here's hoping I get some pretty colors!

Anyway, I will continue the search for my Pearce, I'm not sure if I should go to the Police if I can confirm it is not in the house or if I should just accept that it's gone.. :psyduck:

Gamma Velorum

Postby Gamma Velorum » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:16 am

Zaneta wrote:
Gamma Velorum wrote:
Zaneta wrote:

A word lock soundes interesting, I'll have to look it up!

My new Austin is a suprise me, so here's hoping I get some pretty colors!

Anyway, I will continue the search for my Pearce, I'm not sure if I should go to the Police if I can confirm it is not in the house or if I should just accept that it's gone.. :psyduck:

Definitely look into one....you can get em at places like Walmart for cheap! Oooh nice...here's to hoping it's a nice one indeed. ^.^
As for the police, well....since you didn't document anything and it was lost in your own home, I honestly doubt the police are gonna do anything except say "keep looking"? With zero proof, the police aren't gonna be able to help really at all and you run the real risk of losing your housekeeper's business if you accuse them of theft. 99.99% of housekeeping/maid services in the country are insured and bonded, so the chances these days of a housekeeper swiping something from a client are REALLY low. Check out your housekeeper's company to make sure the employee is insured and bonded before you go to the police, okay? And honestly, don't get your hopes up that they can help.

Return to “Feedback”