The missing and the lost MIA toys

Please post your feedback regarding a particular buyer/seller transaction here, after reading the rules section.

In the topic subject, please put the seller or buyer's forum name (not real name)
Zaneta

Re: The missing and the lost MIA toys

Postby Zaneta » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:48 pm

I just asked for the down-low on the accounts because apparently they started at a time before me and I had no clue they had more than one account, no harm ment to anyone.
:misc2: :smilenox:
Who needs to leave home when you got horse dicks?

:misc11: PM me! I love to chat! <3 :misc12:
Zaneta

Postby Zaneta » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:09 pm

Zaphora wrote:
Zaneta wrote:I just asked for the down-low on the accounts because apparently they started at a time before me and I had no clue they had more than one account, no harm ment to anyone.
:misc2: :smilenox:

Well I have the whole list and you have to seriously know me to get it....

Oh, no prob, I'm sure someone else will let me know if I'm in a bad way. :buddy:

Fallout Warning

Postby Fallout Warning » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:11 pm

Just seen someone post a buyer beware thread, :surprised:
They named a name on their too, a name iv seen associated with scamming >.<
Last edited by Fallout Warning on Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Hello, I am a pagan trans person who works at an apothecary. Married poly. Check out my fa Here Feel free to ask me about my collection! :misc8: Now on Dragonmoor as Runboi
Zaneta

Postby Zaneta » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:15 pm

Fallout Warning wrote:Just seen someone post a buyer beware thread, :surprised:

We were just discussing that. Apparently they have no shame in how they try to scam, have multiple accounts, and the current account in question in ran by (From sources on this thread) two separate people.

M13t

Postby M13t » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:16 pm

There's a very simple fix for this:
Don't do trades
► Show Spoiler
Zaneta

Postby Zaneta » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:18 pm

Agreed. I think I will be taking my listing down now :psyduck:
M13t wrote:There's a very simple fix for this:
Don't do trades

Fallout Warning

Postby Fallout Warning » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:19 pm

I have done one trade and it went fine, i also asked for step by step photos during the packaging processes. One was a package with my name and address on it with my tracking number and a pair of car keys in front of a post office. after the tracking number said it was in a facility i then shipped my half.
Image Hello, I am a pagan trans person who works at an apothecary. Married poly. Check out my fa Here Feel free to ask me about my collection! :misc8: Now on Dragonmoor as Runboi
M13t

Postby M13t » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:22 pm

Time and time again people complain about being scammed. If you act smart, you won't get scammed.

And if for some reason you do continue to trade, INSIST that you receive theirs first. If they also insist on receiving yours first, Don't Trade With Them.

Trading online was never a good idea. Idk why anyone thought it was. Sell your toys. Buy others.
► Show Spoiler
Zaneta

Postby Zaneta » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:45 pm

Honestly, Banning Trades sounds like a solid way to stop most scammers in their tracks.

Gamma Velorum

Postby Gamma Velorum » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:33 pm

Oy gevalt.....this is just a mess.
I'd love to keep the trade portion of this forum open personally, but when people like catscratch88 screw it up for everyone.... *sigh*
Let's hope this doesn't all end up with BD closing up the BST again. Sure, *I* might be 99% finished with my collection until I get my Associate's degree...but I'll never forget that 90% of my collection was obtaining via trading with HONEST folks here and I'm grateful to them and BD for allowing such transactions.
I don't want to lose the BST, guys.
I think instead of letting BD shut this portion of the forum, we should just warn one another as needed while staying within the CoC, keep an eye out for known scammers and their patterns, simply refuse to interact with them and report them when needed.
Niah

Postby Niah » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:46 pm

It doesn't seem to matter as the mods don't seem to be patrolling at all and when they are on here they're only paying attention to a few threads, but I could have sword someone posted something where it's specifically stated that we're not allowed to call out scammers by username like that. I remember seeing in other threads people calling out other users for scamming them and either a mod chiming in for them to stop naming them or someone else saying that we couldn't name them like that. Just thought I'd mention it since it could potentially get this thread locked.
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
CassiusPlague

Postby CassiusPlague » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:34 pm

Okay but if both people are solid, good people and insist on getting their end of the deal first, no one is getting anywhere with that. I'm sorry, but anyone who asks to get my end first is automatically sort of fishy unless I've dealt with them before. If I were to insist on me getting their end first, they'd probably consider me fishy. The cycle goes on and on. I've traded with one person on here before and the best way to do it is to send a deposit via paypal for the full amount of the toy or a portion if you're feeling risky, then refund your deposits once both toys are received. That way you still have paypal protection and a place to upload proof of tracking other than just a PM. If you do a direct trade, you are doing it at your own risk and I know it sucks.

But the issue is, most people don't have the money to do that and I get that so they do direct trades which are like you've said super unsafe and always a risk. What BD needs and once had according to someone else's post is a feedback system, something similar to EGL's would be good, but they took it down. Wall of shame and known scammers would really help as well. Name and shame helps slightly but scammers will always come back and even if they go, new ones will come in and replace them. They also need mods specifically for Secondhand that enforces the rules a bit stricter. I see posts on SH that break the rules constantly.

As for selling, you have to find a buyer first. Most people here are super cheap on SH and I'm one of them LMAO. If you do a direct trade you get a toy usually of more equal value than you would by direct selling to someone, so I see why people do it. Selling is more worthwhile normally if you have a special colorway or rare toy.

But if you do trade, you do so at your own discretion like it would be in most communities. There are some really nice people here.

If someone has barely any posts and it might seem creepy as fuck, but go back through their post history to make sure they're not just spamming threads to gen a count either, the best idea is to not trade with them. Checking a post history can also show you if maybe they've had positive trade interactions with others, people might mention it off hand in a comment to the person on another post. Be willing to provide feedback for people you've done business with and try to keep lists of people you've bought from, sold to, and traded with can help as well. If they can't provide any names, don't do it. Message the people they give you, just to check! Most people don't mind, I know I don't, if you ask about past transactions.

IF something gets lost in the post ASK THE POST OFFICE ABOUT IT. I've had this happen. Even sales can go bad in this way and are not without risk. My package was flagged as delivered but it was not in my box. So one of my neighbors or the mail man that stole it has a nice small fenrir somewhere. USPS refused to give me any money for it because it was flagged as delivered and I didn't blame the seller because it wasn't her fault, she did everything right on her end. Make sure if something goes missing that it's not the postmaster's fault beforehand.

But also...

If anyone sees a small fenrir with these specs:
Color: GITD Blue/white/black marble

This was the toy that someone stole out of the mail from me, unfortunately I have no pictures of it. It was taken in December of last year out of my mail. I don't think I'll ever see it, but it's a worth a shot. The area that it would be from it helps is southern U.S. because there are probably like...a million of them like that.
♥Just a smol bear girl♥
I like to RP. So far I own: many things and more to come probably! There's not much else interesting about me, I'm pretty new to this and socially awkward heh
Gamma Velorum

Postby Gamma Velorum » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:38 pm

@Zaphora

7e3.jpg

My hand slipped. XD

@CassiusPlague

All very sound wisdom and people would do well to heed it.
I'll keep my eye out for such a Fenrir....one can at least hope! I'm sorry to hear that someone in your areadidn't understand the concept of "not yours."
*hugs*
Zaneta

Postby Zaneta » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:49 pm

Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:I'm sure it's already been said, but having both people send the amount for the toy they are getting through paypal before sending their toys, and sending the money back when they receive it might be the safest way.

When I did trades back in the day, I'd always put a "Down paymemt" for it. (About half cost of toy). I know ot doesn't sound so secure but usually $40 is too much for anyone to want to lose/risk for a scam.

CassiusPlague

Postby CassiusPlague » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:49 pm

Gamma Velorum wrote:@Zaphora

7e3.jpg

My hand slipped. XD

@CassiusPlague

All very sound wisdom and people would do well to heed it.
I'll keep my eye out for such a Fenrir....one can at least hope! I'm sorry to hear that someone in your areadidn't understand the concept of "not yours."
*hugs*

Hugggsssss

It makes me sad but it also sort of made me a little scared. Mainly because the package had my irl name on it :[ and I mean, that's part of my life that I'm not super public about LMAO, but I do have some social media accounts. I actually disabled them for a while after it went missing just in case since I have zero idea who got it and what they might do with that information. I thought about putting up a sign at my apartment...we have these little corkboards outside the mail boxes that people put up advertisements on all the time. It would have said "I know you have my dick, give it back. NOW. There is a dick thief in the hood, so you know, be wary y'all." I would love to have that toy back. I never even got to hold it in my hands lol. They actually fired the guy who was delivering our mail after that because we weren't the only ones who suffered from the missing package ordeal. The funny thing is, I actually talked to him AFTER this and AFTER HE HAD MISPLACED ANOTHER ONE OF MY PACKAGES. But this time it had my BIRTH CONTROL IN IT LMAO. He found that package which he had put the parcel key in the wrong box. I'm going to guess this is where my fenrir went and a neighbor got it but who knows if that neighbor knew what it was or sold it someone for some reason who knew what it was and so forth and somehow it ends up back here? I can always hope! (although I bought a medium one already ; 3; )
♥Just a smol bear girl♥
I like to RP. So far I own: many things and more to come probably! There's not much else interesting about me, I'm pretty new to this and socially awkward heh
M13t

Postby M13t » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:07 pm

Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:I'm sure it's already been said, but having both people send the amount for the toy they are getting through paypal before sending their toys, and sending the money back when they receive it might be the safest way.

If there's an equal exchange of say, $75, it wont matter if the toy arrives or not. You sent $75 and got $75 back.
► Show Spoiler
Gamma Velorum

Postby Gamma Velorum » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:17 pm

M13t wrote:

If there's an equal exchange of say, $75, it wont matter if the toy arrives or not. You sent $75 and got $75 back.

Even so, you're still trusting the other party to send back the quid...cos if they don't, then it's a month-plus of back and forth with Paypal trying to get your coin back...if I'm understanding right, that is. Been a loooong day. :stick:
M13t

Postby M13t » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:28 pm

Gamma Velorum wrote:
M13t wrote:

Even so, you're still trusting the other party to send back the quid...cos if they don't, then it's a month-plus of back and forth with Paypal trying to get your coin back...if I'm understanding right, that is. Been a loooong day. :stick:

It wouldn't matter if they didn't send it back because you would still have $75 lol
► Show Spoiler
Gamma Velorum

Postby Gamma Velorum » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:35 pm

M13t wrote:
Gamma Velorum wrote:
M13t wrote:

It wouldn't matter if they didn't send it back because you would still have $75 lol

Yeah, that makes sense!
Raya

Postby Raya » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:46 am

The thing is getting rid of trades STILL won't stop them, it will make it harder but it still won't stop them from trying to sell the toy which a few people here still got scammed by.
What BD really needs is a IP ban system but someone told me those aren't cheap and I know jack about that so idk if it's true or not.

Its definitely the only way to get rid of them since they just keep making new accounts.
If everyone who has bought from them report them to PayPal they should ban them from PayPal. (But seeing how they still haven't ban them from all the times people have filled claims with them idk... :psyduck: )

But sadly it's as others have said.... Sadly BD would much rather just shut the whole thing down all together....

Also, question.
I keep seeing how it's taking people weeks to get their money back from PayPal but when I had to file a claim for a game try to buy ones and the time a seller scammed me on eBay the first time I got my money back the same day and the eBay one took just a week. Are they getting slower? :psyduck: Just wanted to know.~
Last edited by Raya on Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
WTB:Kona Teenie

Name Pronounced as Ray-uh
Former Username: Precious Wolf
Im A Therian Wolf
Lover of Knotts, Big Boobs, and Egg Laying/Birthing

DO NOT PM ME FOR SEXUAL FAVORS!!!!!
ImageImageImage

Return to “Feedback”