The missing and the lost MIA toys

Please post your feedback regarding a particular buyer/seller transaction here, after reading the rules section.

In the topic subject, please put the seller or buyer's forum name (not real name)
Gamma Velorum

Re: The missing and the lost MIA toys

Postby Gamma Velorum » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:01 pm

Zaneta wrote:
Gamma Velorum wrote:
Zaneta wrote:
They usually like to "Knock the dust" out of things. It was my fault for not relocking the trunk before she cleaned again

Gods, I would be majorly upset if anyone went into my room without permission or when I wasn't there...the only reason my roommates get to do it is cos they're basically family at this point....and I still get upset when I see they've been in to grab a plate or cup left behind. But that's my personal space issue at work, lol.

Oh, Did she mean my roomates? 0.0 . Sorry. I misunderstood, we have an agreement not to go each others things without the other's permission.

You'll have to clarify with Zaphora but I'm fairly certain that she was referring to the housekeeper going through your things, not roommates. But ask her to be sure!
Zaneta

Postby Zaneta » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:06 pm

Zaphora wrote: Yes housekeeping

I just have trust built up with them, they have been cleaning my parent's house for 3+ years, and the same nice lady branched out to do my place too. Honestly I don't know what got into me when I accused her. :crying:
Who needs to leave home when you got horse dicks?

:misc11: PM me! I love to chat! <3 :misc12:
Gamma Velorum

Postby Gamma Velorum » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:08 pm

Zaneta wrote:
Gamma Velorum wrote:
Zaneta wrote:
They usually like to "Knock the dust" out of things. It was my fault for not relocking the trunk before she cleaned again

Gods, I would be majorly upset if anyone went into my room without permission or when I wasn't there...the only reason my roommates get to do it is cos they're basically family at this point....and I still get upset when I see they've been in to grab a plate or cup left behind. But that's my personal space issue at work, lol.

Oh, Did she mean my roomates? 0.0 . Sorry. I misunderstood, we have an agreement not to go each others things without the other's permission.

It was just a little confusing, because unless you give the housekeeper explicit permission in their client contract, they don't do things like changing sheets or doing laundry, is all. A friend of mine has mobility issues, so theirs does, but as I can understand it, that's usually something that's in addition to normal work performed. At least around my area...dunno about yours tho.
And wait, did you accuse or ask? :surprised:
It's all in how you ask!
Zaneta

Postby Zaneta » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:12 pm

Gamma Velorum wrote:
Zaneta wrote:
Gamma Velorum wrote:

It was just a little confusing, because unless you give the housekeeper explicit permission in their client contract, they don't do things like changing sheets or doing laundry, is all. A friend of mine has mobility issues, so theirs does, but as I can understand it, that's usually something that's in addition to normal work performed. At least around my area...dunno about yours tho.
It's all in how you ask!

Me and my flat mates work as a fire fighters (In the same unit), so our hours are long and almost random. We don't have time to do normal housework. Ours only requires a pay increase for extra work (Sheet changes/Laundry/dishes\ect.)

I asked her in IRL, but I was so judging and accusatory on here it has made me super guilty.

Gamma Velorum

Postby Gamma Velorum » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:58 pm

Zaneta wrote:
Gamma Velorum wrote:
Zaneta wrote:

It's all in how you ask!

Me and my flat mates work as a fire fighters (In the same unit), so our hours are long and almost random. We don't have time to do normal housework. Ours only requires a pay increase for extra work (Sheet changes/Laundry/dishes\ect.)

I asked her in IRL, but I was so judging and accusatory on here it has made me super guilty.

If you weren't judging or accusatory to her IRL, don't sweat it. Let us know if the Pearce comes back from the Great Home Adventure!
Zaneta

Postby Zaneta » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:16 pm

Gamma Velorum wrote:If you weren't judging or accusatory to her IRL, don't sweat it. Let us know if the Pearce comes back from the Great Home Adventure!

I will! And thank you guys for being so helpful and cool!

Watervixen

Postby Watervixen » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:26 pm

Hey there I just wanted to go back to that ip ban topic real quick. I wish the forum had it where individuals could block ips fron their post.They made it possible LiveJournal. One can only dream.
:smilenox: You can never have too many Bad Dragon! :widesmile:
72 toys
Top favs atm out of 54 types :excited:
► Show Spoiler
Gamma Velorum

Postby Gamma Velorum » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:03 pm

Zaphora wrote:
Watervixen wrote:Hey there I just wanted to go back to that ip ban topic real quick. I wish the forum had it where individuals could block ips fron their post.They made it possible LiveJournal. One can only dream.

What's ips?

They mean as in an IP address.
Watervixen

Postby Watervixen » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:39 pm

Gamma Velorum wrote:
Zaphora wrote:
Watervixen wrote:Hey there I just wanted to go back to that ip ban topic real quick. I wish the forum had it where individuals could block ips fron their post.They made it possible LiveJournal. One can only dream.

What's ips?

They mean as in an IP address.

^This. Thank you.
:smilenox: You can never have too many Bad Dragon! :widesmile:
72 toys
Top favs atm out of 54 types :excited:
► Show Spoiler
Grimly Fiendish

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:19 pm

You can block people so that you don't see their posts, if there is somebody whose posts annoy you (if that's what you mean). You can see that they made a post, but the content isn't shown. I'm pretty sure you just click on their user name, and look for "Add Foe". Pretty sure that prevents them from PM'ing you too.

There are IP re-routers that supposedly give you some anonymity online, which can probably get around an IP address ban. I don't think it's that easy to ban an IP address, it may mean filing a complaint with a person's ISP (internet service provider). All this stuff is hypothetical anyway, if the forum host doesn't want to get involved.
KnotyDes

Postby KnotyDes » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:06 pm

am i just jaded/overly caution. this post viewtopic.php?f=134&p=1232151#p1232151 seem sketchy? the person has 3 other sales post. maybe just someone looking to sell there old toys? im not interested in buying but it just looks like a red flag
My collection
► Show Spoiler
Zaneta

Postby Zaneta » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:11 pm

KnotyDes wrote:am i just jaded/overly caution. this post viewtopic.php?f=134&p=1232151#p1232151 seem sketchy? the person has 3 other sales post. maybe just someone looking to sell there old toys? im not interested in buying but it just looks like a red flag

Think they're gonna upload a pic?

Gamma Velorum

Postby Gamma Velorum » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:16 pm

No need to check anything... I know the guy and he's legit! cassvillerob has been around, like Zaphora said, since 2013, years before the scamming started. He's just hardly ever around is all.
Good eye though, KnotyDes! Thank you!
Grimly Fiendish

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:35 pm

There are some forums where veteran members help moderate the forums as a team. I think that could be a good idea with the Secondhand forum here. There are some people who are on the forum a lot, and many recognizable names who I would trust completely.

I suppose just hooking that up would take some effort that the company might not want to make (giving people admin access, etc).

Seems like 99% of the transactions are fine here, with most of the problems being "trades".
Gamma Velorum

Postby Gamma Velorum » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:37 pm

@Grimly Fiendish
I for one would 100% be up for something like that if such plans were made and within the CoC, absolutely!
Zaneta

Postby Zaneta » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:46 pm

Grimly Fiendish wrote: :misc3: :laugh:

Totally Agree!

Pearce Update: Roomate one (Ok woth my toys) has told he has caught Roomate two (not ok with toys) snooping around in my room when I made clear not to go in there until I cleared up personal matters (Missing toy)....time for a little interrogation
:misc4: :unamused:

Gamma Velorum

Postby Gamma Velorum » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:49 pm

Zaneta wrote:

Totally Agree!

Pearce Update: Roomate one (Ok woth my toys) has told he has caught Roomate two (not ok with toys) snooping around in my room when I made clear not to go in there until I cleared up personal matters (Missing toy)....time for a little interrogation

*dramatic music plays*
I would be PISSED if one of my roommates did that....getting a dish or a cup is one thing, but actual snooping (thankfully, they have never done so and won't, I trust them implicitly) would set me off.
Let us know what they say! :laugh:
Zaneta

Postby Zaneta » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:53 pm

Gamma Velorum wrote: :misc5: :bugeyed:

Will do! I think it'll be very....interesting.

Slaanesh

Postby Slaanesh » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:54 pm

Gamma Velorum wrote:
Zaneta wrote:

Totally Agree!

*dramatic music plays*
I would be PISSED if one of my roommates did that....getting a dish or a cup is one thing, but actual snooping (thankfully, they have never done so and won't, I trust them implicitly) would set me off.
Let us know what they say! :laugh:

I swear to god if anyone snooped around my toys drawer I'd take out the biggest one and clobber them with it! :widesmile:
Zaneta

Postby Zaneta » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:56 pm

Slaanesh wrote: :widesmile:

If she saw my toys I am DEFINITELY going to hear about it. :unamused:

Return to “Feedback”