The 10 Shipping Commandments

General updates and news about Bad Dragon
Varka
Bad Dragon CEO

Postby Varka » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:56 pm

Hello folks -

We've been working on updating and clarifying information about shipping, and have come up with the following 10 most-common pitfalls customers encounter when shipping.

These are intended to be a little tongue in cheek, but are all real problems that we frequently encounter when people are placing orders through our website. Together, they cover the most common problems encountered with shipping things - yes, even the smilies in the address field thing. :psyduck:

• Thou shalt not APO/FPO.
    We don’t ship to Military Addresses of any kind - so please do not try to place an order to these.

• Thou shalt not ‘General Delivery’.
    General Delivery only works for USPS, and we do not ship via USPS.

• Thou shalt not ‘PO Box’.
    PO Boxes only works for ‘Super Saver Shipping’ within the US, and does not work internationally.

• Thou shalt not ‘(555) 555-5555’.
    We need your phone number so we can give it to the delivery agent, so they can find you. Please give us a real phone number.

• Thou shalt not forget apartment number.
    Otherwise you will have a REALLY confused apartment complex receptionist, or your package will be returned as ‘Incomplete Address’.

• Thou shalt not put smilies in the address field.
    Seriously.

• Thou shalt not 골드 드래곤이 깨지는.
    Please use latin characters and the phonetic names of your address. Google Maps can help you with this.

• Thou shalt not ship to Democratic People's Republic of Korea, Thailand, or Mexico.
    Don’t blame us, blame your governments and their import laws.

• Thou shalt pay your customs duty.
    This is not a charge from us, this is a charge from your Government. If you’re not from the US, chances are you’re going to have to pay a customs fee after your package arrives. We aren’t responsible for figuring out how much you should be charged, or for paying this. You should consult your local customs authority for more information.

• Thou shalt pay return shipping for your mistakes.
    If you stuff up your address, or aren’t at home when your package arrives, or don’t pay your customs charge, or move house while your package is in transit, you’re responsible for paying to have it re-shipped. If it’s our fault, we’ll pay for it, but if you stuffed something up then you’re going to have to pay to have it shipped out again once it comes back.\

These are intended to be a little tongue in cheek, but are all real problems that we frequently encounter when people are placing orders through our website. Together, they cover the most common problems encountered with shipping things - yes, even the smilies in the address field thing. :downs:

You can find them on the website on the Shipping & Delivery help page, along with specific information about PO boxes, military addresses, and the countries we cannot ship to. When answering people's questions on the forums, please make sure to reference this page, as opposed to this post - this is to make sure that the information is always up to date!

Thanks everyone :)

Varka
DameKathryn

Re: The 10 Shipping Commandments

Postby DameKathryn » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:02 pm

I love the way this is written :lol:

I never thought shipping issues would make me smile.
Kate
♥ Happily taken by the amazing Kranix ♥
You can find me at BDC
Kitsuneboom

Postby Kitsuneboom » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:03 pm

Varka wrote:
Thou shalt not put smilies in the address field.
Seriously.

Seriously? People do that?
Varka
Bad Dragon CEO

Postby Varka » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:04 pm

Kitsuneboom wrote:Seriously? People do that?

Yes. :psyduck:
Varka - Bad Dragon CEO

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard." - John F Kennedy
Kitsuneboom

Postby Kitsuneboom » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:21 pm

That makes me beyond sad.

Idea: You should have the 10 shipping commandments as like a TOS that you have to read at least once if you're a registered user and every time if you're not. It might keep stupid things from happening.
DameKathryn

Postby DameKathryn » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:34 pm

Kitsuneboom wrote:Idea: You should have the 10 shipping commandments as like a TOS that you have to read at least once if you're a registered user and every time if you're not. It might keep stupid things from happening.

But... Nobody reads the Terms of Service...
Kate
You can find me at BDC
Kitsuneboom

Postby Kitsuneboom » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:38 pm

DameKathryn wrote:
Kitsuneboom wrote:Idea: You should have the 10 shipping commandments as like a TOS that you have to read at least once if you're a registered user and every time if you're not. It might keep stupid things from happening.

But... Nobody reads the Terms of Service...

I do! (sometimes)
Varka
Bad Dragon CEO

Postby Varka » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:30 pm

Reizakirga wrote:quick question about PO boxes, if you don't use that in your address will it be delivered to your house.. or..? cause i live veeeery far away from any form of town etc.. and i've been told by my mail carrier that he won't deliver our mail to the house @[email protected]

If your mail is addressed to your regular address, then wherever you pick it up from, we can send to. If you have to use the word 'PO Box' or anything similar in your address, then we will not be able to send to there.

Thanks,

Varka
Varka - Bad Dragon CEO

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard." - John F Kennedy
Zelnyair

Postby Zelnyair » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:04 pm

I appreciate the humour, although I still do not personally like having to pay the customs charges. This is why I can't get toys as often as I would like from you guys.

Just wondering, we don't get charged the Arizona sales tax, too, do we?

You can't lie about how much it all costs because it would get you in trouble, right? Look, I can see you aren't going to budge, but I don't see why you can't change the values, personally.

All you have to do, Varka, is send them as your real name, and make them gifts. I do not see why I have to pay my government tax on something I did not buy in my own country. I think the reverse situation of this, why American colonists had to pay taxes on British goods coming in, actually sparked the American Revolution.

I guess it's better for you to be safe than sorry, right?

Alright, alright, I am not trying to stir up trouble. Here's a thought:

You said to blame your respective governments for customs charges, right? Well, in return, YOU can blame them for why I don't buy stuff from you more often :P
SemJay

Postby SemJay » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:29 pm

Zelnyair wrote:
All you have to do, Varka, is send them as your real name, and make them gifts.

^ this is called mail fraud, and it is a crime. We do not want be involved in illegal activities.

And the only time you have to pay Arizona sales tax online is when you live in the State of Arizona. So only us 'Zonies have to pay sales tax when ordering from Bad Dragon.
Have a question about your order?
Please submit a ticket: http://contact.bad-dragon.com/

Sema JayNaux "SemJay"
Proud creator of Bruiser the Fusion!
DameKathryn

Postby DameKathryn » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:47 pm

SemJay wrote:
Zelnyair wrote:All you have to do, Varka, is send them as your real name, and make them gifts.

^ this is called mail fraud, and it is a crime. We do not want be involved in illegal activities.

And the sheer number of "gifts" would probably get suspicious fairly quickly. At least that's my guess.
Kate
You can find me at BDC
ruffruffwolf

Postby ruffruffwolf » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:33 pm

Zelnyair wrote:I appreciate the humour, although I still do not personally like having to pay the customs charges. This is why I can't get toys as often as I would like from you guys.

You can't lie about how much it all costs because it would get you in trouble, right? Look, I can see you aren't going to budge, but I don't see why you can't change the values, personally.

All you have to do, Varka, is send them as your real name, and make them gifts. I do not see why I have to pay my government tax on something I did not buy in my own country. I think the reverse situation of this, why American colonists had to pay taxes on British goods coming in, actually sparked the American Revolution.

You said to blame your respective governments for customs charges, right? Well, in return, YOU can blame them for why I don't buy stuff from you more often :P

As Sema said, changing the values, calling them gifts, etc. is EXTREMELY ILLEGAL and will end up in BD having to pay thousands in fines and/or be shut down.
Willow

Postby Willow » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:40 am

Well, I think 555-5555 could be a real phone number. Fake ones are between 555-0100 and 555-0199. As for the area code... directory assistance so... yeah, don't mind me, I am error.
You can sleep with ablonde,you can sleep withbrunettebut you'll never get any sleep with aredhead.
A wolf in the streets... a fox in the sheets.
Zelnyair

Postby Zelnyair » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:48 am

ruffruffwolf wrote:
Zelnyair wrote:I appreciate the humour, although I still do not personally like having to pay the customs charges. This is why I can't get toys as often as I would like from you guys.

As Sema said, changing the values, calling them gifts, etc. is EXTREMELY ILLEGAL and will end up in BD having to pay thousands in fines and/or be shut down.

I am sorry for sounding like a little bitch :(

I wanted to try and explain more, but I have a lot of trouble getting across my points. I would like to ask just this one thing, however.

Can anybody understand that I feel very frustrated at the fact I have to pay 20% tax on almost anything I buy from here, and depending on the exact cost, 6.50% extra on top of that? I am sorry if this sounds selfish of me, and I apologise if your country demands higher taxes than these.

It's not the grounds to make a political statemement or debate, but you actually can blame my government for this. They are the reason I can't get toys as often as I would like, although at least they are legal.
Raylor

Postby Raylor » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:16 am

SemJay wrote:
Zelnyair wrote:
All you have to do, Varka, is send them as your real name, and make them gifts.

Sorry but I had to laugh at this i mean has anyone here ever ordered anything from hong kong?
I do frequently and I have never received a parcel that ISENT marked as a gift and valued at under half the price I payed for it.
I would love to know what sort of fines they would have to pay if they did that where you guys are! :D
ruffruffwolf

Postby ruffruffwolf » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:25 am

Zelnyair wrote:I am sorry for sounding like a little bitch :(

I wanted to try and explain more, but I have a lot of trouble getting across my points. I would like to ask just this one thing, however.

Can anybody understand that I feel very frustrated at the fact I have to pay 20% tax on almost anything I buy from here, and depending on the exact cost, 6.50% extra on top of that? I am sorry if this sounds selfish of me, and I apologise if your country demands higher taxes than these.

It's not the grounds to make a political statemement or debate, but you actually can blame my government for this. They are the reason I can't get toys as often as I would like, although at least they are legal.

There really isn't anything you can do but complain to your government. There is nothing BD can do as a company that would not put them in some sort of extreme legal trouble.
Ceo Nadar

Postby Ceo Nadar » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:31 pm

As for the high international shipping fees, I feel the same pain. Whenever I buy model kits from Japan, I usually pay over half the cost of the item in shipping and fees. Your wallet definitely gets hit hard, but at the same time if you really want the item it's just the price you have to pay (no pun intended).
Zelnyair

Postby Zelnyair » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:04 pm

I think I should take this space to apologise to every fur here. I thought I had genuine complaints, but perhaps I did not conduct myself appropriately?

I have said what I feel, how I do not like having to pay high taxes etc. Those are my true opinions, and I would not tell it any other way unless those opinions of course changed. I would not want Bad Dragon in trouble with the authorities, because that would be incredibly selfish why the many would suffer the consequences for the action of one person. I think it's the privelege of all those over 18 and with enough money to browse and shop the website/store.

The last thing I want to do is to piss off Varka, Nemekh, SemJay, Mohr Emery, ZinWulf, Saultion, Audax, and the rest of the Bad Dragon community. They know my name and my address, plus of course my debit card details are handled whenever I make a purchase. I trust them to not misuse or mishandle my data, but I do not want to be banned from the website in its entirety.

I am not in debt to BD, but I truly would like to make another purchase from them in the near future, as I greatly enjoyed my last purchase, and look forward to my next anthro fantasy experience from them.

I hope it does not seem like I am crying a river- I want to discuss what is on my mind as politely as I can, because I think that is the mature and sensible thing to do. I hope you understand. Thank you.
bladejtr

Postby bladejtr » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:15 pm

Only the furs?
current wishlist:
Considering an XL Gryphon

:glomp: :glomp: :glomp:
I dunno about the rest of you, but this smiley is not a glomp imo.
It is surprise buttsex.
The best kind of buttsex.
drnick

Postby drnick » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:49 pm

Zelnyair wrote:I think I should take this space to apologise to every fur here. I thought I had genuine complaints, but perhaps I did not conduct myself appropriately?

[snip]

I can't imagine you offended anyone here. You were not vulgar and didn't sound angry, just frustrated. But if you did, don't worry about it -- they just have thin skin :)

I live in the US so I can't say that I really appreciate the expensive annoyance of VAT and customs charges, but I do know how much it sucks to feel like you're paying a bunch of extra money just to get the things you want. Taxes like sales tax make me angry because they are very regressive and feel like a punishment for putting your hard-earned money back into the economy. That's a big WTF in my book.

With regards to having BD mark packages sent internationally as gifts and fudgelie about the value of the package -- that is certainly something many less reputable companies do. However, both you and they have to be very careful, because if for whatever reason you're caught then both can be in trouble and get charged large fines.

So anyway, don't worry about it because venting about this kind of stuff is very understandable. Sadly your only real solution is to work with others in your country (you're far from the only person who thinks these things!) to petition your government to change things. Even more sadly, you're very unlikely to succeed as once the government gets a source of money, taking it away is nigh to impossible. :(

I'm sure someone will say pretty quickly now that "This isn't the place for this, go to OT blah blah", but I wanted to respond, for whatever it's worth :-)

Return to “News / Site Updates”