The 10 Shipping Commandments

General updates and news about Bad Dragon
RevolverPuppy

Re: The 10 Shipping Commandments

Postby RevolverPuppy » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:53 am

Hahaha "Conjuring Tricks", aka, "HOW THE FUCK DOES THAT FIT IN THERE?!".
gamer1024

Postby gamer1024 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:13 pm

RevolverPuppy wrote:Canadian Customs DID open my small werewolf.
They relabled the content from "Silicone Sculpture, Lubricant" to "Fantasies, Personal Lubricant."

I kept the waybill JUST because it litterly says "Fantasies". XD :canada:

How many of you canadians have ordered for them to have a specific "fantasies" sub-section :lol:
Forgive my bad english, I'm American and a certified retard, I even have a degree :P

Most people want to slay dragons, I on the other hand, want to lay with one.

Anyone else notice that signatures are bigger than most of what we type?

I ->=>really<=<- want a pair of wings. So if you have any information on mechanical implants, biological growth scaffolds, or DNA rewriting send me a PM with the link! Basically willing to sell body for science (however not entering any verbal contracts by saying so). Copied from Thareal's sig caus I love the idea too.
Cillian

Postby Cillian » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:08 am

RevolverPuppy wrote:
Varka wrote:
RevolverPuppy wrote:Canadian Customs DID open my small werewolf.
They relabled the content from "Silicone Sculpture, Lubricant" to "Fantasies, Personal Lubricant."

I kept the waybill JUST because it litterly says "Fantasies". XD :canada:

LOL WAT! This I have to see :D

I wonder what the HS code (the international 'category' of goods) for 'fantasies' is! What is a fantasy made of? I wonder if it's under the 'Magic & Rainbows' material code... :aaaaa:

Proof in the puddin'.
Apprently its a "novelty item/fantasies". Blocked out any info I wasn't sure about being out there, but.. you can see it. XD

LMAO!

That's awesome. Kudos to that customs person. XD
Wardogs667

Postby Wardogs667 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:07 pm

Wait then, if I'm not home by the time it arrives it's then taken away and I need to have it shipped again, even though i would have paid for the product BEFORE hand?
kauuni

Postby kauuni » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:34 pm

IsisKitsune wrote:
tangerine_red wrote:Um... I guess I've never had a problem because I've always used Super Saver Shipping, but I have been requesting shipping to what is essentially a PO box in a UPS store (it has always worked). Have I done wrong, or are you only talking about PO boxes in USPS locations?

That I know of USPS (which ends up with the package within the us anyway) can't deliver to those and neither can FedEx. Only UPS can

A UPS Store address is treated just the same as an apartment address (which is part of its appeal). Mail gets delivered by the USPS, UPS, FedEx, and whoever else deliver as well. We use our UPS Store address (written out like 888 Main street #1123 or whatever) as our main address because our mailbox where we physically live is shared.
dennisrvr

Postby dennisrvr » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:52 pm

New user here, I've been lurking around for some time and found this sad sad post. Why is it that you can't ship to Mexico? Is there some kind of way around it? probably if I just order the toy without cumlube via UPS or other private shipping organization? (aka UPS/fedex) :cry:
Helix

Postby Helix » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:19 pm

dennisrvr wrote:New user here, I've been lurking around for some time and found this sad sad post. Why is it that you can't ship to Mexico? Is there some kind of way around it? probably if I just order the toy without cumlube via UPS or other private shipping organization? (aka UPS/fedex) :cry:

Unfortunately, there is no way around it because everything BD makes is illegal in Mexico. There is no courier that can get their toys to you, period. The only way you might be able to get something from them is to attend an american furry convention that BD is also attending, buy something from them and bring it back with you but even then there isn't really any way to make sure it's not confiscated at the border. :(
IsisKitsune

Postby IsisKitsune » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:20 am

Helix wrote:
dennisrvr wrote:New user here, I've been lurking around for some time and found this sad sad post. Why is it that you can't ship to Mexico? Is there some kind of way around it? probably if I just order the toy without cumlube via UPS or other private shipping organization? (aka UPS/fedex) :cry:

Unfortunately, there is no way around it because everything BD makes is illegal in Mexico. There is no courier that can get their toys to you, period. The only way you might be able to get something from them is to attend an american furry convention that BD is also attending, buy something from them and bring it back with you but even then there isn't really any way to make sure it's not confiscated at the border. :(

I think the last user that tried to get it shipped through mentioned that it was the fact they don't ship "Immoral" items through the post, not that the item itself was illegal.
Advertise here, only contact on Feb 30th of any year
Solid gold ThingAMaGig for sale $1,000,000
May the all powerful Flying Spaghetti Monster smile upon you
What's a sig for again?
Checklist
Buying, selling and trading toys
Waiting On:
Nothing
Helix

Postby Helix » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:42 pm

IsisKitsune wrote:I think the last user that tried to get it shipped through mentioned that it was the fact they don't ship "Immoral" items through the post, not that the item itself was illegal.

Hm, that may be so! I was under the impression that they were straight up illegal but that might not be the case. So then bringing it across the border on your own might actually be a good solution. Assuming the person was travelling by air though, I'd still be worried about airport security and customs since they can be pretty strict in any country.
Starkad

Postby Starkad » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:49 pm

It's un-amusing that I am being told I have to up-front the shipping money for a mistake I did not make. So I would ask for some clarification:

When one is sent the wrong item entirely... Why doesn't BD send a shipping label to return the item? They can be electronically sent.

I completely understand the word 'reimburse', and all aspects of it... But when a lot of screw-ups are made on a single order, it's very hard to trust that reimbursement process will be handled accurately or timely.
--------------------
(Male/Heteroflexible/Poly) - I love to chat at night eastern US time. Feel free to PM or instant message.
---Owned---
Medium 5 Werewolf
Medium 8 Breeder
Medium 5 Razor
Large 5 Razor

If a man will begin with certainties, he shall end in doubts; but if he will be content to begin with doubts he shall end in certainties.
- Sir Francis Bacon
Audax

Postby Audax » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:23 pm

Starkad wrote:It's un-amusing that I am being told I have to up-front the shipping money for a mistake I did not make. So I would ask for some clarification:

When one is sent the wrong item entirely... Why doesn't BD send a shipping label to return the item? They can be electronically sent.

I completely understand the word 'reimburse', and all aspects of it... But when a lot of screw-ups are made on a single order, it's very hard to trust that reimbursement process will be handled accurately or timely.

Send in a ticket with this question, please. I know it's frustrating, but none of us on the Forums can actually address this problem for you.
I do think the idea of electronic labels is an interesting one, but I don't know how Shipping and Receiving work at the Shop.
ImageImageSrs. Biznis icon by LucaRyu! Tiny Biznis and Shark Flavor by Chibity! OM NOM NOM ImageImage
DameKathryn

Postby DameKathryn » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:42 pm

a_puma01 wrote:Are we paying a higher price for shipping just because someone is to lazy to go to the USPS office and ship it?

No. You're paying extra money because USPS frequently loses packages and it's a strain on BD as a company. You're paying for reassurance that your package won't get lost and you won't have to wait the time for re-manufacture.

a_puma01 wrote:If the item is going to be sent through USPS at some point shouldn't this be stated in the shipping section? if so why not save your customers some money and ship via flat rate box in the first place?

The estimates provided are the average, and on super-saver the estimate is not guaranteed. Super-saver shipping giving to USPS is a Fed-Ex shipping policy, research on the website would indicate that for residential shipping, it's possible they'll hand it off to USPS. Your last question is answered by what I said above, I'll add that things are less likely to be lost by USPS if it's just going across town.

Furthermore, it is probably against policy to express these issues on the forum.
Kate
♥ Happily taken by the amazing Kranix ♥
You can find me at BDC
DameKathryn

Postby DameKathryn » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:22 pm

a_puma01 wrote:It should state on your shipping section that it could be handed off to USPS and cause the order to be Un-trackable. I have read lots of threads with people mentioning inconspicuous deliveries due to the nature of their living arrangements making the ability to track their package important.
In this case, FedEx handed the box to USPS in Washington which is quite a ways from Alaska. This has not happened before in two previous orders and it also leaves open a rather large window of when it could arrive. Due to the nature of our weather up here items could be damaged or ruined which has happened before with other companies.

In my experiences, even when it's handed off to USPS, it's still traceable on the Fed-Ex website. That's an issue where there is no correct or consistent answer as to whether or not it tracks. I've never EVER had that issue, although I know other people have.

And the only way to fix your issue is to pay for a version of shipping that is either with UPS or non-super-saver Fed Ex. The issues you have brought up are not new and are well known, especially if one follows the forums. Even if one does not follow the forums, if they were concerned, they could easily look up shipping policies using the company websites of UPS or Fed-Ex, or they could ticket before ordering to ask more questions.

Your post serves no real purpose but to complain.

It is not a public service announcement.
Kate
You can find me at BDC
Audax

Postby Audax » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:57 pm

a_puma01: Please submit a ticket with your shipping concerns - the reason Bad Dragon's policy says to submit tickets and not post about problems on the Forums is because those able to address concerns and problems don't frequent the Forums. General Questions would likely be the best category to submit it under.
Thank you,
-Audax
ImageImageSrs. Biznis icon by LucaRyu! Tiny Biznis and Shark Flavor by Chibity! OM NOM NOM ImageImage
Rustic_King

Postby Rustic_King » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:21 pm

I may sound like a total idiot for asking this but:

Why exactly is that PO boxes don't work as delivery addresses outside the US? :?
I want to go to bed with the Princess of friendship, and some people think that's wrong.
DameKathryn

Postby DameKathryn » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:25 pm

Rustic_King wrote:I may sound like a total idiot for asking this but:

Why exactly is that PO boxes don't work as delivery addresses outside the US? :?

If I had to guess, because the services they use to ship don't communicate with your local delivery service. So fed-ex US hands off to YOUR fed-ex, not your standard postal service.
Kate
You can find me at BDC
Rustic_King

Postby Rustic_King » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:32 pm

DameKathryn wrote:
Rustic_King wrote:I may sound like a total idiot for asking this but:

If I had to guess, because the services they use to ship don't communicate with your local delivery service. So fed-ex US hands off to YOUR fed-ex, not your standard postal service.

Hmm, that could be it though there's not many Fed-EX in NZ. Most parcels in New Zealand are delivered by NZ Post (teamed with DHL) and deliver to PO boxes fine.
I want to go to bed with the Princess of friendship, and some people think that's wrong.
DameKathryn

Postby DameKathryn » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:35 pm

Rustic_King wrote:Hmm, that could be it though there's not many Fed-EX in NZ. Most parcels in New Zealand are delivered by NZ Post (teamed with DHL) and deliver to PO boxes fine.

In that case... IDK :mystery:
Kate
You can find me at BDC
Rustic_King

Postby Rustic_King » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:37 pm

DameKathryn wrote:
Rustic_King wrote:Hmm, that could be it though there's not many Fed-EX in NZ. Most parcels in New Zealand are delivered by NZ Post (teamed with DHL) and deliver to PO boxes fine.

In that case... IDK :mystery:

That's ok, hopefully a staff member can clue me in.
MistKitty

Postby MistKitty » Mon May 20, 2013 5:58 pm

Is there a certain value limit on a package where BD requires a signature? Like, for example, if your order is over $500, you have to be there when your package arrives to sign? Otherwise they won't leave the package?

Sorry if this is already answered somewhere, I couldn't find it :?

Return to “News / Site Updates”