Runa no longer Staff

Hop in the history machine, and visit where news goes when it's no longer... well, new! Here you can find past sales, old website updates, and discontinued product information.
User avatar
Varka
Bad Dragon CEO
Posts: 2569
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:42 am
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Contact:

Runa no longer Staff

Postby Varka » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:46 am

Hello all,

Just letting you all know that Runa is unfortunately no longer going to be handling tickets and customer service inquiries for Bad Dragon.

This is a long-term decision we’ve made as a group over the past year, and was not in response to any single incident or action - and is being done to ensure the continued success of Bad Dragon.

While Runa has been a part of Bad Dragon, we’ve worked with him to try and find sensible solutions to any issues that arose (which I’m sure many of you will remember) - and I’d like to make clear that this is not a decision we’ve taken lightly. Despite great effort from both parties, eventually it became clear that the needs for the role of customer service were substantially different from what Runa was good at (in particular, issues relating to giving a consistent customer experience), and over the course of the last 6-8 months we’ve been working to put into effect a plan to improve this, by using more local staff and resources.

Nevertheless, I’d like to make it clear that Runa will still be welcome on the forums, and that we fully expect to see him continue posting. He will, of course, be expected to follow the same rules as everyone else now ;)

So, feel free to continue asking our favorite featherbutt all kinds of questions - but please make sure that you direct inquiries that involve Bad Dragon internal information (such as order inquiries, or pricing requests etc) to SemJay or the ticket system.

We’re trying to make this as smooth and easy a changeover as possible - but please understand that we 1) won’t be reinstating Runa as a member of staff or moderation any time soon, and 2) this decision is non-reversible.

If any of you have any questions or concerns surrounding the implementation of this changeover (please note, I will not be responding to any questions or comments regarding the decision we’ve made), then please feel free to drop me a PM or email (details are on my profile here).

Thank you again Runa for the years of awesome work you’ve done - it was a pleasure to have you on the team :)

Thanks,

Varka
Varka - Bad Dragon CEO

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard." - John F Kennedy
User avatar
Sindorei
Posts: 567
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:44 pm
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: Runa no longer Staff

Postby Sindorei » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:58 am

I am disappoint
A sound soul resides in sound mind and sound body

Wishlist/ownlist: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3564&start=40#p184423
User avatar
Kitsuneboom
Posts: 2669
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:27 am
Location: Rogers, AR
Contact:

Re: Runa no longer Staff

Postby Kitsuneboom » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:29 pm

Good-bye friendly-company-that-gives-a-shit.
User avatar
Rysta
Posts: 236
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 8:57 am
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Runa no longer Staff

Postby Rysta » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:36 pm

I'm not even involved in this whole drama--I have no idea what's going on. But this line?

"Nevertheless, I’d like to make it clear that Runa will still be welcome on the forums, and that we fully expect to see him continue posting."

That line makes the company sound like a soul sucking conglomeration of money hungry overlords. I'm sorry. You sack Runa and then fully expect him to continue doing half of what you paid him to do before? Jeeze, that’s harsh. Did he give up his soul in the contract or what?

I don’t think this company as a whole is very good at customer relations. I know you’re just a bunch of guys trying to get along doing and making what you love, but seriously, the public needs to see the company as a close knit unit. Right now, and from what I’ve seen, you come off more as a slightly unorganized battle ground.

You’re not supposed to let the customer see you sweat. But this post has me worried to place my order.

I'm not saying you should or shouldn't have sacked him. That's 100% not my business and I don’t especially care either way. But it’s not at all professional to have your customer base play audience as you fire employees.
User avatar
Sindorei
Posts: 567
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:44 pm
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: Runa no longer Staff

Postby Sindorei » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:55 pm

Rysta wrote: customer base play audience as you fire employees.


In BDs defense, this announcement WAS needed. Runa is an active visible member of the board, and his name no longer reading mod or employee with no warning, and people continueing to ask Runa in private about ordering and toy and business issues-- this is all stuff that neither BD nor Runa need. Runa was kinda the spokesperson for the company, the go between, the public link, from the company behind-the-scene guys and us, the customer.

Its going to be rough without that position. I, for one, in the very short time I have been here, feel this is the wrong path for the company to be taking right now, but, as in everything, people are going to do whatever they want. This choice makes me sad, and makes me wonder if I am going to lose a good company just as Iv found it, after all these years of putting up with what Im scared BD will become now (zeta)

For my newbienesses sake, I hope not *fingers crossed, positive vibes*
A sound soul resides in sound mind and sound body

Wishlist/ownlist: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3564&start=40#p184423
User avatar
popo
Posts: 2364
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:56 pm
Location: netherlands

Re: Runa no longer Staff

Postby popo » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:20 pm

companies, small or big make changes to the staff all the time, if runa did or didnt do a good job behind the scenes its not our business to bring him back company has to make choises and dont go whine all like boo that this is becoming a big and heartless company caus they let one employe go


there had to say that ^^
User avatar
Firebug
Posts: 348
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:49 pm
Location: I've moved, so it's now Mehlville, Missouri
Contact:

Re: Runa no longer Staff

Postby Firebug » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:50 pm

Regardless of the reasons why and people complaining about this turn of events...


I find this personally this suckage for one reasons...

I don't have SemJay's contact information

and

I still can't buy a freaking toy D<.


I say I complain about not having SemJay's contact info because having her contact information means I get questions answered helluva lot quicker than having to wait however long for a ticket to be answered and can have an easy conversation about what might be a better idea to get instead of something else for pricing. And I also don't know how often SemJay's on whatever messengers (I'm only using three right now, Skype, XFire and AIM (through XFire)) so that could lead to something similar to the ticket issue, though that's reading too much into it since I'm broke. *Shrug.* Ease of contact and casual, not professional conversation are two big things here. I don't want to be talked to like I don't know anything, I want simple words that come with a casual conversation (like getting into an off-topic argument about who's the bitch in the conversation and then going back to the real topic).


*Shrugs again.* That's my two cents.

TL;DR version:
I hope she's a casual conversationist and frequently on messengers so ticket-waiting doesn't have to take very long.
Image

Feel free to post these elsewhere, too, to help me! :D
Wishlist:: Small - Razor, Desi, Ridgeback, Naga, Xenogon, Gryphon, Breeder
Owned: Basix Mini(?) Buttplug, Lucid Dream #36
ASK ME THINGS DAMNIT D: T___T
AstralDescent

Re: Runa no longer Staff

Postby AstralDescent » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:58 pm

Firebug, I talk to Sema on AIM all the time about random stuff, she has it on her phone (I think) and also can check email from her phone.
I THINK her messengers and emails are on her profile, if not you can just PM her and ask for them, but we talk about random stuff often so I'm sure she'd be able to get back to you pretty fast via messenger or email.

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=479
that is her profile, and her messengers and such are indeed listed, I just looked :3
So, you can't really say she doesn't publicize it since its all over her profile xD
She might not respond exactly at this moment cause she said she was going somewhere, but she is on pretty much all the time and gets back to you when she can.

I would say Semjay is pretty casual and easy to talk to, she's never come off as overly professional or stiff to me.
User avatar
Firebug
Posts: 348
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:49 pm
Location: I've moved, so it's now Mehlville, Missouri
Contact:

Re: Runa no longer Staff

Postby Firebug » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:31 pm

@Astral
I only say that because I've not really seen her on the boards; I don't know her personality type, if she's mostly serious, mostly fun, mix of fun and serious... The only times I've seen her posts she's been rather professional sounding, including the post she made shortly into the thread about people spazzing for Runa to come back and post when he was taking some time off, which kind of makes me sad. Yes, being a mod and employed by Bad-Dragon (I'm assuming, since answering tickets doesn't necessarily mean you get a paycheck of $10) means you need to be serious about the job, but we people of the forums and the front rooms want "humans" and not robots, you know what I mean? =\ If we're talking nothing but the goings-on and how things are working in the back rooms, then yes, a professional tone is needed by everyone, but otherwise I think that most of us just want a fun and very casual tone to everything.

But overall, I'm not saying she's a bad person, just that I have barely ever seen her since people started squawking about Runa not visiting or posting on the site for a few days. And while I do admit I've been mostly inactive here lately, she's a fresh face to me and if it weren't for the fact of her joining date and post count, I would almost think she's a newbie to the forums.
Image

Feel free to post these elsewhere, too, to help me! :D
Wishlist:: Small - Razor, Desi, Ridgeback, Naga, Xenogon, Gryphon, Breeder
Owned: Basix Mini(?) Buttplug, Lucid Dream #36
ASK ME THINGS DAMNIT D: T___T
AstralDescent

Re: Runa no longer Staff

Postby AstralDescent » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:36 pm

I guess I don't understand people who think that about Semjay because she's always been there for me when some bad things were going on for me.
Before I ever spoke to her, I was a little afraid, but she's really nice and not intimidating at all. She'll probably make an effort to post more, but I see her around relatively often, so I dunno how everyone manages to conveniently miss her. She was posting around in an ideas thread and also the pet pictures thread recently. I hope eventually the 'wall' that people seem to perceive around her can be broken down, since she's honestly one of the nicer people I talk to in general, mod or not.
User avatar
Sindorei
Posts: 567
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:44 pm
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: Runa no longer Staff

Postby Sindorei » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:09 pm

AstralDescent wrote:I guess I don't understand people who think that about Semjay because she's always been there for me when some bad things were going on for me.
Before I ever spoke to her, I was a little afraid, but she's really nice and not intimidating at all. She'll probably make an effort to post more, but I see her around relatively often, so I dunno how everyone manages to conveniently miss her. She was posting around in an ideas thread and also the pet pictures thread recently. I hope eventually the 'wall' that people seem to perceive around her can be broken down, since she's honestly one of the nicer people I talk to in general, mod or not.


Shes nice to you, and in conversations with you, you like her. "Shes always been there for you when bad things happen"? Hello? Bad Dragon is not yours or anyones therapist. Playing symathetic friend is not in the job description. This is about what is best for the customers as customers, and Bad Dragon as a company. Not who is nicest to you and says sweet things. Iv noticed a theme in that you only care about/comment on things that directly affect you, not things that directly affect anything broad. I have spoken to Runa maybe twice but as far as I could see he got shit done and was good and public and everywhere for the company. SemJay has posted very nice, neutral, politically correct posts here and there, and is always very careful to never ruffle any feathers by showing any opinions. For a front-man to the public, this is lovely if what you want is a nobody that simply answers questions, but theres no discernable personality that I can see SemJay showing the board.

Im not explaining it very well I dont think. For all that Runa could be obnoxious and a twat and I feel like kicking him in the nads sometimes, he was there and human and expressive and enthusiastic and BIG on all boards. SemJay just feels like a smiling customer service robot to me. "Thank you sir have a nice day don't forget your ticket" even when you are raging and kicking the walls because the train left without you. Again, this is what I see from the hundreds of posts Iv read to bring myself up to speed on the board. If Im wrong, I hope I get a chance to see an enthusiastic SemJaya. Cuz so far, nothin
A sound soul resides in sound mind and sound body

Wishlist/ownlist: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3564&start=40#p184423
AstralDescent

Re: Runa no longer Staff

Postby AstralDescent » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:22 pm

@Sindorei
The "bad things" were website and moderation related. I thought that, due to the content of it, it would be handled harshly. She was nice and professional and handled it well.
So yes, they are relevant, and people were posting concerns about her not being personable enough, I just find that she's always been personable and casual to me whenever I speak to her. Quite honestly when the Runa thing first happened a lot of people said horrible things about her, including a few "I'll never like her, I don't care how nice she is, because its just not the same" type comments and I fear that this attitude is holding people back from realizing she's a nice person.

And honestly, if I were her, knowing people thought that would be pretty off putting. But I've never seen her neglect any of her duties despite that. I'm pretty sure that, on the board, she has to keep some sense of impartiality but if you actually talk to her and give her a chance she is a great person and a great moderator.
User avatar
Proxer
Posts: 500
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:12 pm
Location: Ontario, Cananananadadadadada

Re: Runa no longer Staff

Postby Proxer » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:49 pm

Came for the toys, Stayed for the Forums. Got the toys, Lost the forums. Later, y'all.
In Runa we trusted.

Med Gryphon, Med Tail Stretcher, Large Naga
Check out the Toy Colourizer Project for BD! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2263&start=20

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/190709/ ... er_1.5.php

The Garuda toy!, The Karabos toy! , Varka v2 toy!
"How about a magic trick?
*slaps XL Gryphon on table*
I'm gonna make this dildo disappear...
*sits*
Ta-daa!" -Freon Hotshot
User avatar
SemJay
Posts: 1105
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:04 pm
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Contact:

Re: Runa no longer Staff

Postby SemJay » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:10 pm

My AIM and Skype are listed in my profile, those are the only two messengers I use. If I don't respond to you right away it's because I am AFK or busy - NOT because I'm ignoring you. I rarely ever put an away message on or remember to sign out of AIM when I leave my computer.

I have a pretty new Droid X that makes AIM and Skype on the go easier - but if you have an issue you'd like to discuss - my email is the best way to go. I can check that on the go as well, and it's a lot more reliable than Skype or AIM.

As for me not taking a position and being politically correct on everything, well, that's because this is my job. Do you go to work and declare your point of view on all the controversial subjects to your customers and coworkers? Well, unless your a politician, I really hope the answer is no. I remain neutral as an employee of Bad Dragon - because that's what I've been told to do. I am here to represent the company, and even though socializing it perk of the job, I can't abuse that privilege. If you want to know where I stand on everything, I suggest adding me on LiveJournal (semjay) or Twitter (pibsky) - just FYI I am a Libertarian, so if you don't like those points of views, you probably wont like my private journals/twitters.

And by the way, a lot of people have contacted me concerned that this post would hurt my feelings. Don't worry, I'm not easily offended :) I'm a Transgendered Furry Libertarian Pit Bull owner - I'm picked on and made fun of maliciously ALL the time!
Have a question about your order?
Please submit a ticket: http://contact.bad-dragon.com/

Sema JayNaux "SemJay"
Proud creator of Bruiser the Fusion!
User avatar
Cammii
Posts: 1482
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:56 pm
Location: 716 Ny

Re: Runa no longer Staff

Postby Cammii » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:01 pm

Proxer wrote:Came for the toys, Stayed for the Forums. Got the toys, Lost the forums. Later, y'all.


Took the words right out of my mouth.
Mated to Gaifuu <3
User avatar
WIhorselover
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:46 pm
Location: Wayyyyyyyy Up north!
Contact:

Re: Runa no longer Staff

Postby WIhorselover » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:08 am

Not sure what the pissing and moaning is all about but if he had a few job changes and couldn't do them or didn't want to do them BIG DEAL! No one knows unless that party wants to let it be known on what went down or the reasons why.

I see alot of people being obsessive over him as being a "STAFF MEMBER" IF someone has that big of an impact on a forums' life and he gets promoted to staff then gets booted back to a normal guy nothing should change regardless of the persons' status.

Quit pissing and moaning grow a set of online balls and get on with online life it's not like they killed his computer, chopped off his fingers, and burned his ISP down.

meh! :/
User avatar
Sindorei
Posts: 567
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:44 pm
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: Runa no longer Staff

Postby Sindorei » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:25 am

WIhorselover wrote:Not sure what the pissing and moaning is all about but if he had a few job changes and couldn't do them or didn't want to do them BIG DEAL! No one knows unless that party wants to let it be known on what went down or the reasons why.

I see alot of people being obsessive over him as being a "STAFF MEMBER" IF someone has that big of an impact on a forums' life and he gets promoted to staff then gets booted back to a normal guy nothing should change regardless of the persons' status.

Quit pissing and moaning grow a set of online balls and get on with online life it's not like they killed his computer, chopped off his fingers, and burned his ISP down.

meh! :/


Has nothing to do with the forum. He was a paid employee of the Bad Dragon company, and then was terminated. There are apparently a lot of people out of the BD customers that feel this was a bad move, and that Runa was the best publicity/customer service person here. I know I feel that way. I challenged SemJay and "threw down the gauntlet" so to speak, and was proven right. I had a robot smile at me and tell me to have a wonderful day, so to speak.

I know in my short time here, I can see that Runa was an asset. Ill say it one last time and this will be my last post here. Varka, Bad Dragon, this is a very big mistake! :(
A sound soul resides in sound mind and sound body

Wishlist/ownlist: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3564&start=40#p184423
User avatar
Glath
Posts: 648
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:00 pm
Location: Somewhere.
Contact:

Re: Runa no longer Staff

Postby Glath » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:18 am

This is mostly opinion, but I have some facts to back it up.

Runa was removed from the company because of multiple instances where he could have been a liability to the company. It's not only because of his actions on the forums, but in other areas as well. I'm not going to divulge details, because if you have been paying attention over the past year, you'll know the various incidents.

So thus, they slowly decreased his role in the company until he had nothing.
When I write in normal text Glath is talking.
When I write in light blue text David is talking.

Disclaimer: The whole separate personalities thing is purely for fun, In case you didn't know that by now.
My Formspring. Cause all the cool kids are doing it.
User avatar
Anubis
Posts: 325
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:59 pm
Location: Egyptain Tombs (Australia)
Contact:

Re: Runa no longer Staff

Postby Anubis » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:44 am

What is done is done, if the company believes that its in the company's best interests then so be it.

Good luck to both Bad Dragon and Runa for the future.
"When god gives you Lemons... return the favor with a 303."
Image
Image
Live life to the fullest, no regrets.
Gods need love too you know.
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/anubis010/ - Still updating it on and off
User avatar
Raknar
Posts: 812
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 4:33 am
Location: pretty much the top of the world
Contact:

Re: Runa no longer Staff

Postby Raknar » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:25 am

SemJay wrote: just FYI I am a Libertarian


i read that as Librarian.

i lol'd
Raknar- 23yr old Male Panther (Melanistic Leopard)

Skype me? Dracoraknar
or private message me, I only bite for fun

I survived the forum outage of 2013!

Owned:
Anthro Dragoness
Small Seadragon
Medium Werewolf

Return to “Old News”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests