What's on your mind?

Discuss anything not related to Bad Dragon or the dedicated Forum Categories here! (Generally SFW. Please remember - No RP or Forum games!)
Akanisen

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Akanisen » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:32 pm

So much is happening at once!!!! x.x
ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:49 pm

Thinking of doing an updated collection shot since it's been about a year since my last. It just takes so damn long to get them all out, arrange them, photo, put them back. XD
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
ChaosRed

Postby ChaosRed » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:58 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:Thinking of doing an updated collection shot since it's been about a year since my last. It just takes so damn long to get them all out, arrange them, photo, put them back. XD

That still sounds like a fun problem to have. Kinda wish I had that meme about holding all the things. :laugh:
So I've started writing for the internet! Check it out: https://aconversations.wordpress.com/
Hoofs_N_Horns

Postby Hoofs_N_Horns » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:28 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:Thinking of doing an updated collection shot since it's been about a year since my last. It just takes so damn long to get them all out, arrange them, photo, put them back. XD

Same here. It's been like a year and half since my last group photo! Truly it's an ordeal :widesmile: It would be slightly faster if they weren't packed up in crates but I haven't found any shelves that I like.
Penetrables comparison: here
Hoofs_N_Horns

Postby Hoofs_N_Horns » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:32 pm

Niah wrote:I found out I also have to do this stupid mandatory class. It's no credit and it's just to get students involved on campus and used to college. Uh...I'm 29 with 2 degrees, I know how college works. Unfortunately when I called to ask if it was mandatory I was told it was. Blah.

Yeah that kind of crap really annoys me. So many silly hoops to jump through. I was required to take an "Intro C programming" class despite my having taken multiple classes that used C and multiple C++ classes in which I did quite well, not to mention having like 15 years of experience with C on my own >_> But no class that taught only C... literally all that did was waste my time and money :P
Niah

Postby Niah » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:24 pm

Hoofs_N_Horns wrote:
Niah wrote:I found out I also have to do this stupid mandatory class. It's no credit and it's just to get students involved on campus and used to college. Uh...I'm 29 with 2 degrees, I know how college works. Unfortunately when I called to ask if it was mandatory I was told it was. Blah.

Yeah that kind of crap really annoys me. So many silly hoops to jump through. I was required to take an "Intro C programming" class despite my having taken multiple classes that used C and multiple C++ classes in which I did quite well, not to mention having like 15 years of experience with C on my own >_> But no class that taught only C... literally all that did was waste my time and money :P

Yeah, it's some bullshit. I'd love it if I got there and they decided I didn't need to do it. It's just a waste of time. Time I could better spend studying, doing work, being at work if I get a job that soon, and having some down time. I know I'll busy as fuck working part-time and managing my coursework and such, but I'm going to need some down time for a least a little each week.
30/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
little-mythgital

Postby little-mythgital » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:26 pm

Did a craft fair with my aunt and nan, all I had was kids messing with my displays. As I was also selling my mum's cushions and that, but I found they were playing with my stuff mostly, then leaving it a mess. I arrange it all back then they come back round and do it again and it was the same ones doing it :crying: My stall isn't a play area...

I sat down and made a list of the my BD toy collection, I amused myself trying to put down colours of the ones I got from the adoptions, as most them were listed as rouge colours. I counted 14 toys, if I also include my Lil Chico vibe. Got some old lube bottles I need to get rid of, but my dad being dad wonders about every little thing that goes in the bin and starts questioning.
Well at least I've started lifting my head up a bit more and starting to clear my room a bit.
Niah

Postby Niah » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:35 pm

BD people who have rented places before or are currently renting. I'm going to look at a place on Nov 8 with my sister. I've already been told to expect a holding fee of $300. From what little I can find online about holding fees (which are fuzzy), that fee is typically applied to rent or the security deposit. Is this typically what happens? I already know to clarify everything first before even doing verbal agreements, and I know to read everything closely before I sign anything. I just want an idea of what to expect, please. I'm in SC. I just want to make sure before I go through with anything that I won't be fucked over. Much thanks!

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
ChaosRed

Postby ChaosRed » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:59 pm

Niah wrote:BD people who have rented places before or are currently renting. I'm going to look at a place on Nov 8 with my sister. I've already been told to expect a holding fee of $300. From what little I can find online about holding fees (which are fuzzy), that fee is typically applied to rent or the security deposit. Is this typically what happens? I already know to clarify everything first before even doing verbal agreements, and I know to read everything closely before I sign anything. I just want an idea of what to expect, please. I'm in SC. I just want to make sure before I go through with anything that I won't be fucked over. Much thanks!

From my recollection, the holding fee is usually applied to the rent of the security deposit. IMX, it's usually the security deposit. I would definitely get that in writing or in an email or some such, but that's how it was renting in two states (NC and Ohio). Also, good luck with getting a new place. Is it you're first time semi on your own?
So I've started writing for the internet! Check it out: https://aconversations.wordpress.com/
Niah

Postby Niah » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:08 pm

ChaosRed wrote:
Niah wrote:BD people who have rented places before or are currently renting. I'm going to look at a place on Nov 8 with my sister. I've already been told to expect a holding fee of $300. From what little I can find online about holding fees (which are fuzzy), that fee is typically applied to rent or the security deposit. Is this typically what happens? I already know to clarify everything first before even doing verbal agreements, and I know to read everything closely before I sign anything. I just want an idea of what to expect, please. I'm in SC. I just want to make sure before I go through with anything that I won't be fucked over. Much thanks!

From my recollection, the holding fee is usually applied to the rent of the security deposit. IMX, it's usually the security deposit. I would definitely get that in writing or in an email or some such, but that's how it was renting in two states (NC and Ohio). Also, good luck with getting a new place. Is it you're first time semi on your own?

Much thanks! That's the same info I've gotten from other people about it. Since we're going up there for me to look at the place, and hopefully, get it, it'll be in writing right in front of me. My sister is just going with me to help out. Less likely to get fucked over if I have someone with me, especially since she went to same university years ago. I'll be on my own and the place is a two-bed, one-bath 650 sq ft apartment. Very nice exterior and amenities. I hope they look as good inside as well. I've also been told that if the place, or any place, expects me to pay the holding fee, security deposit, *and* first month's rent, then to leave immediately. I hope it'll go toward the security deposit. I guess the security deposit amount will vary. I don't know if it's usually half a month's rent or what.

I lived on campus all four years of my first undergrad. I also lived on campus for my MA out in Honolulu for my two years out there. They had on-campus housing for grad students, thank fuck. The bus stop is right there too, and it's just a 20 min bus ride to the campus, and I'd rather do that than pay the $162 a year for a student parking permit. The bus is free. I'll have a car for trips home, trips elsewhere, and for groceries and the like. Much thanks again! I really appreciate it.

ChaosRed

Postby ChaosRed » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:18 pm

Niah wrote:
ChaosRed wrote:

Much thanks! That's the same info I've gotten from other people about it. Since we're going up there for me to look at the place, and hopefully, get it, it'll be in writing right in front of me. My sister is just going with me to help out. Less likely to get fucked over if I have someone with me, especially since she went to same university years ago. I'll be on my own and the place is a two-bed, one-bath 650 sq ft apartment. Very nice exterior and amenities. I hope they look as good inside as well. I've also been told that if the place, or any place, expects me to pay the holding fee, security deposit, *and* first month's rent, then to leave immediately. I hope it'll go toward the security deposit. I guess the security deposit amount will vary. I don't know if it's usually half a month's rent or what.

I lived on campus all four years of my first undergrad. I also lived on campus for my MA out in Honolulu for my two years out there. They had on-campus housing for grad students, thank fuck. The bus stop is right there too, and it's just a 20 min bus ride to the campus, and I'd rather do that than pay the $162 a year for a student parking permit. The bus is free. I'll have a car for trips home, trips elsewhere, and for groceries and the like. Much thanks again! I really appreciate it.

Awesome. Good luck with apartment living. Also, slight thing you might wanna look into is AC. SC get's HELLA hot and if you don't have an AC unit the summer months are gonna be a bear. Anywho, congrats!
Niah

Postby Niah » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:25 pm

ChaosRed wrote:
Niah wrote:
ChaosRed wrote:

Awesome. Good luck with apartment living. Also, slight thing you might wanna look into is AC. SC get's HELLA hot and if you don't have an AC unit the summer months are gonna be a bear. Anywho, congrats!

Oh, I know. I live in SC, lol. My parents' house has no AC, so I've lived with the heat and humidity pretty much all my life. I'm very much used to it. To the point that I'm not going to set the temp too low in the summer. I believe utilities are included, but that's something else I'll be sure to check about. It'll be nice to be living in a place and not freezing half to death though. The house also has no heat except for a woodstove (as in, wood burning stove) in the kitchen, a gas heater in the kitchen, a nice heater in the living room, and then each of the two bathrooms has a heater as well. My room is somewhat warm with the doors open, but it gets a bit chilly at night. I sleep better in the cold.

Curiosa

Postby Curiosa » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:21 am

Having a good Halloween, despite being sick with a cold. :unamused: Ran some errands in town, checked out some books at the library, took a long nap, watched It Follows with my folks and SO, which led to a fun argument with the latter over which strategy would be more effective to get rid of the titular IT. My idea was lure the creature into a trap, encase it in concrete and dump it off the Marianas trench. My SO's (admittedly taken from Cracked) was fuck a goose before it flies south for the winter.

SO: "no one's catching a bird at that sinister-yet-leisurely walking pace."
Me: "let's have that be plan Z"
SO: "no, plan B- for BIRD!"
Me: *laughs so hard I get the hiccups*

Although we had to pause it when our neighbors made us play the time honored American game "gunshot or firecracker?" Since no cops showed up it was probably a firecracker. Most likely. Probably. :bugeyed: Anyways I'm watching a favorite horror film and some choice Halloween episodes of my favorite shows before turning in. While starting my giant knitted heart plushie. http://knitty.com/ISSUEwinter08/PATTheart.php I'm just using chunky yarn and bigger needles. I may have bought too much yarn for this project, but I like the color so I might keep any extra that I would otherwise have returned to the store.

That being said, Happy Halloween everyone!
You can't touch music- but music can touch you.

"Other than everything going completely wrong, it's all going according to plan!"

| 29 | Female | bisexual | married | crazy about rainbows and glitter | avid DIYer | loves knitting & cooking | fan of animation |
Tallon

Postby Tallon » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:44 am

Hope everyone had a great Halloween. Our microbrewery hosted a Halloween party, and if people came in costume, they got a free pint glass. There were some great costumes! One guy and his SO were Han Solo and Chewbacca. There was a dire wolf, two voodoo witch doctors, lots of people dressed in Hogwarts garb, a pair of old hillbillies, Rick and Morty, a scantily clad police officer and her inmate boyfriend... I could go on. But it was a blast. Now I'm really tired.

Now I have to get back to doing schoolwork. Crap.

I put my last class to bed last week and ended with a 93.6%, so just barely hanging onto that perfect GPA. My next class, which started on Monday, seems complicated already, and dear god the textbook is massive. I'm back to the "maybe I don't know what I'm doing" phase that happens at the beginning of every class.

Seasonal-Affective Depression is definitely sinking in. It's getting harder not to say "screw it" and go back to bed and sleep all day. This does not jive with trying to get schoolwork done.
"Ecce! Scintillae!" :laugh:

Married Bisexual Kinky Old Man :stick:
lizardbreath

Postby lizardbreath » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:02 pm

Woah

Day drunk is odd

Oooooo. I have a credit card

This may end in shoes
You can have my caffeine when you pry it from my cold dead hands. And possibly not even then.
Pretzal queen!!
pls contact me if you saw anything in my collection you covet :) the worst i can do is say "no"
selling at dragonmoor.com
AkaiKitsune

Postby AkaiKitsune » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:35 pm

I really want to get some custom printed leggings with the same design on as Mistral's legs from Metal Gear Rising. I'm surprised they don't already exist tbh.
ChaosRed

Postby ChaosRed » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:20 am

AkaiKitsune wrote:I really want to get some custom printed leggings with the same design on as Mistral's legs from Metal Gear Rising. I'm surprised they don't already exist tbh.

Oohh! Those would be damn sexy, I'd think.

I've mostly been thinking about what kind of earrings I wanna get after I get my ears pierced. Trying to work out if I wanna be more queer or nerdy.
Hoofs_N_Horns

Postby Hoofs_N_Horns » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:32 pm

Just read that Amazon is wanting to make a Lord of the Rings TV series. What in the actual fuck people?! :doh:

As a serious Tolkien fan this gives me so much cringe x.x I just can't imagine that being anything other than a total disaster. Especially after how bad the Hobbit movies turned out, I think it's time to lay those stories to rest before these greedy brainless companies are allowed to ruin another awesome story.
AkaiKitsune

Postby AkaiKitsune » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:19 am

There's been talks about mandatory conscription going on in EU countries and I can't help but feel a bit apprehensive because I know it's totally something they'd do. I honestly don't think I'd be able to survive if it did happen.
Amtadoikt

Postby Amtadoikt » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:55 am

My dog likes it when I pet him with my feet better than when I pet him with my hands? The best I can figure is that my linear, grippy toe petting simulates a large tongue more closely than hands.

Puts him right to sleep lol.

Return to “General Off Topic”