BDG (Bad Dragon Gamers)

Discuss anything not related to Bad Dragon or the dedicated Forum Categories here! (Generally SFW. Please remember - No RP or Forum games!)
User avatar
LittleRedVixen
Posts: 210
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:47 am
Gender: female
Location: Germany

Re: BDG (Bad Dragon Gamers)

Postby LittleRedVixen » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:39 pm

KnotyDes wrote:Slay the Spire is stupid addictive. Its a rogue like deck building game. I recommend checking it out. It also supports twitch interaction so there are some streemer out there playing it.


I have always like rogue likes but they all tend to be difficult aka frustrating and I get enough of that in online games. So this has become my anti-tilt game.


My fiance is playing this game non-stop. He loves it! It's pretty fun to watch him play, too :widesmile:
"Does running out of f*cks count as cardio?"

ImageImage
User avatar
KnotyDes
Posts: 2200
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:03 pm
Gender: Male
Location: South of SF

Re: BDG (Bad Dragon Gamers)

Postby KnotyDes » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:50 pm

LittleRedVixen wrote:
KnotyDes wrote:Slay the Spire is stupid addictive. Its a rogue like deck building game. I recommend checking it out. It also supports twitch interaction so there are some streemer out there playing it.


I have always like rogue likes but they all tend to be difficult aka frustrating and I get enough of that in online games. So this has become my anti-tilt game.


My fiance is playing this game non-stop. He loves it! It's pretty fun to watch him play, too :widesmile:

Its a nice challenging game and its also a good way to exercise your mind.
My collection
► Show Spoiler
User avatar
little-mythgital
Posts: 527
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:52 pm
Gender: Female

Re: BDG (Bad Dragon Gamers)

Postby little-mythgital » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:17 am

Been enjoying my little sessions with Monster Hunter World, feels like I main Dual Blades like the old days. Slowly picking the Bow up like I've always wanted, still have a bit of learning there but I noticed sometimes my character lets go of the shots early which is weird cause I have the button held down.
Forgot how to Glaive though, I think they slightly altered how it works and it's really weird to use now.
User avatar
Gutler
Posts: 159
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:27 am
Gender: male

Re: BDG (Bad Dragon Gamers)

Postby Gutler » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:28 am

little-mythgital wrote:Been enjoying my little sessions with Monster Hunter World, feels like I main Dual Blades like the old days. Slowly picking the Bow up like I've always wanted, still have a bit of learning there but I noticed sometimes my character lets go of the shots early which is weird cause I have the button held down.
Forgot how to Glaive though, I think they slightly altered how it works and it's really weird to use now.



Charging the bow takes stamina if you run out your character will automatically release the shot.
User avatar
Ghost_the_Crow
Posts: 547
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:53 am
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: BDG (Bad Dragon Gamers)

Postby Ghost_the_Crow » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:54 am

Started playing Bayonetta yesterday.
I still kinda suck at it but it’s still a lot of fun.
Asexual / Gyneromantic / Probably Trans or Genderfluid(?) / Loves Cuddling

"Of course I know what I'm doing." I said, knowing that I didn't.
User avatar
KnotyDes
Posts: 2200
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:03 pm
Gender: Male
Location: South of SF

Re: BDG (Bad Dragon Gamers)

Postby KnotyDes » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:19 pm

Ghost_the_Crow wrote:Started playing Bayonetta yesterday.
I still kinda suck at it but it’s still a lot of fun.

hit all the buttons.
My collection
► Show Spoiler
User avatar
little-mythgital
Posts: 527
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:52 pm
Gender: Female

Re: BDG (Bad Dragon Gamers)

Postby little-mythgital » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:19 am

Gutler wrote:
little-mythgital wrote:Been enjoying my little sessions with Monster Hunter World, feels like I main Dual Blades like the old days. Slowly picking the Bow up like I've always wanted, still have a bit of learning there but I noticed sometimes my character lets go of the shots early which is weird cause I have the button held down.
Forgot how to Glaive though, I think they slightly altered how it works and it's really weird to use now.



Charging the bow takes stamina if you run out your character will automatically release the shot.


Ah that explains it :laugh: Problem is that the health bar and stamina are so small they seem non-existent to me or when they kinda minimise so it gives more view so it's hard to tell.
User avatar
Gutler
Posts: 159
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:27 am
Gender: male

Re: BDG (Bad Dragon Gamers)

Postby Gutler » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:31 am

little-mythgital wrote:
Gutler wrote:
little-mythgital wrote:Been enjoying my little sessions with Monster Hunter World, feels like I main Dual Blades like the old days. Slowly picking the Bow up like I've always wanted, still have a bit of learning there but I noticed sometimes my character lets go of the shots early which is weird cause I have the button held down.
Forgot how to Glaive though, I think they slightly altered how it works and it's really weird to use now.



Charging the bow takes stamina if you run out your character will automatically release the shot.


Ah that explains it :laugh: Problem is that the health bar and stamina are so small they seem non-existent to me or when they kinda minimise so it gives more view so it's hard to tell.


If you get the marathon runner skill it will reduce the amount of stamina needed to charge the bow focus also helps by reducing the time it takes to charge the bow.
User avatar
Shadow_Twisted
Posts: 435
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:17 am
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: BDG (Bad Dragon Gamers)

Postby Shadow_Twisted » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:55 am

I’m not entirely proud of that binge on Toreba. Yay for being able to play Japanese crane games on my phone and win actual prizes, but with a grand total of 58 prizes won, I think I may have gone overboard. Although, I have 52 of those ordered in a single request and I can’t help but laugh when I think of them trying to fit everything in one box.
Things are looking up.
User avatar
Niah
Posts: 3235
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:25 am
Gender: Genderfluid

Re: BDG (Bad Dragon Gamers)

Postby Niah » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:07 pm

I have 90 games total in my Steam library and I still can't figure out what I want to play. I could continue with Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, but I'm right at the point where I have to beat the Dark Empyrean (Ciara Sydanus) in the Scholia Arcan courtyard in Rathir. I've done it plenty of times before, but I'm having more issues this time so it's more aggravating than usual. My Faer Gorta I've summoned to help does a decent job, but the AI for him is really stupid sometimes; he'll just stand about instead of fighting. He stays just for 2 minutes, so you have to keep summoning him again, and her attacks are powerful enough that he'll get his ass handed to him badly enough to disintegrate early. I could continue with BioShock Infinite, but I'm playing it in Easy Mode just for kicks and would rather play something else. I just can't figure out what I'd like to play. I have a number of games installed already, but when I think about having to figure out the mechanics of a new game I cringe and go do something else, lol. Dark Souls requires me pulling out my controller and then dying a lot. Bound By Flame requires me starting over since it didn't save and I've played the first 1/4th or so of the game like five times now. I could go for Wolfenstein: The New Order, but I'm back at the point of sneaking into the prison and that's a headache for me even when I now know how. Dishonored and Styx: Master of Shadows are more likely options except that I'm pretty much completely crap at stealth. I rarely have the patience to just wait for the right time, and even when I try I usually misjudge the timing. In Dishonored I'm also terrible at just knocking out and hiding the people, but I'm trying to get the better ending (although I think I've already killed people in the game, so it might not matter much). :unamused:
30/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
User avatar
GreyFoxx
Posts: 330
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:35 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Middle of the USA.
Contact:

Re: BDG (Bad Dragon Gamers)

Postby GreyFoxx » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:10 pm

Snagged Titan Fall 2 on the cheap and some random bouts of MHW has been my bread and butter as of late.
PM's are welcome if they have a glimmer of intent in them. http://dragon-hoard.com/
User avatar
reine
Posts: 1388
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:39 pm
Gender: F / lesbian
Location: Canada

Re: BDG (Bad Dragon Gamers)

Postby reine » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:48 pm

Been playing a lot of MHGen with friends lately while we're all waiting for MHXX to get localized, haha. Working on my Dreadqueen Rathian armor to use with my favorite status LBG, and that "fatal poison" status is terrifying. I've got Negate Poison, so I just get deadly poisoned instead of fatal, but our Palicoes sometimes get fatal poisoned and holy shit do their health bars plummet fast. :psyduck:

I've been using the Khezu Hypo for paralysis (99 genprey fangs + 99 bone husks = infinite para lv2 shots), but the recoil's pretty bad. I should probably find a new paralysis gun...
:misc11: :misc8: 35 toys | My collection:
► Show Spoiler
User avatar
Curiosa
Posts: 1175
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:00 pm
Gender: Female (most times)
Location: Eagleland

Re: BDG (Bad Dragon Gamers)

Postby Curiosa » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:25 am

Fun Dungeons and Dragons session tonight. It was our first session after a month long hiatus, so it was just in-game shopping and catching up with the plot and each other's characters. This fun moment ensued between me and another player:
► Show Spoiler


Overall, I'm really happy with this group: no one's lost their temper at the DM or another player, There's a clear separation between character behavior and player behavior, any disputes gets settled like grown ass adults and not the raging man/woman/adult children I've dealt with in the past. It's a fucking breath of fresh air and I love it.

Our paladin's in-game and Out-game behavior is warming me up to the class. Every other player I've met who played a paladin just used the class as an excuse to bully the other players, which burned me on anything paladin related until this group. Next time I play a new class I'm probably gonna go paladin, partially thanks to this player.
You can't touch music- but music can touch you.

"Other than everything going completely wrong, it's all going according to plan!"

| 27 | Female | bisexual | In a relationship | crazy about rainbows and glitter | avid DIYer | loves knitting & cooking | fan of animation |
User avatar
Jasmine
Posts: 2182
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 7:06 pm
Gender: Female
Location: SoCal

Re: BDG (Bad Dragon Gamers)

Postby Jasmine » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:55 am

Curiosa wrote:Fun Dungeons and Dragons session tonight. It was our first session after a month long hiatus, so it was just in-game shopping and catching up with the plot and each other's characters. This fun moment ensued between me and another player: :words:


That sounds awesome! I'm glad the paladin is helping redeem the trope, because I totally feel you on the 'grr grr JUSTICE blah blah bully' bs lol.

I'm part of two campaigns right now- one is a solo campaign (where I basically run 2 characters while my husband DM's), the other is with some new friends we recently made. I've enjoyed ritual casting so much on my Wizard (solo) that I'm making sure to take it as a feat for my Sorcerer (group)!

If you can use 3rd level rituals, I highly recommend Phantom Steed and Leomund's Tiny Hut. Depending on how your DM rules it, Phantom Steed theoretically can be cast over and over to provide multiple horses so long as your character continues the ritualistic chanting (since it's only Verbal and Somatic, no materials and it's not concentration). You wouldn't be able to participate in any perception checks or major dialogue while that happens, but a free fast horse every hour is kinda amazing. For the sake of story rather than rules, we've allowed any additional refreshings of the spell to just reinforce the durability of the current one, rather than having to stop and dismount over and over. You don't have to worry about the horses needing to rest, tying them up somewhere, or carrying food/water for them. YMMV, but it's a great spell to add to your collection!

And Leomund's Tiny Hut makes for any sort of world adventuring so much safer when you need to take a long rest. Bonus that you don't have to worry about horses breaking the spell (only 10 creatures inside it at a time) if you have Phantom Steeds that can just go poof! when you're done with them.
Female | 27 | Married
ImageImage Admirer of shiny dongs
Avatar designed by Chibity
User avatar
KnotyDes
Posts: 2200
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:03 pm
Gender: Male
Location: South of SF

Re: BDG (Bad Dragon Gamers)

Postby KnotyDes » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:31 pm

Endless space 2 was on sale yesterday on steam. Its a 4x I have been eyeing for some time. 20 buck what the heck.



I went to sleep at 2am. Stupid 4x games.
Last edited by KnotyDes on Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
My collection
► Show Spoiler
User avatar
Curiosa
Posts: 1175
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:00 pm
Gender: Female (most times)
Location: Eagleland

Re: BDG (Bad Dragon Gamers)

Postby Curiosa » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:00 pm

Jasmine wrote:
Curiosa wrote:Fun Dungeons and Dragons session tonight. It was our first session after a month long hiatus, so it was just in-game shopping and catching up with the plot and each other's characters. This fun moment ensued between me and another player: :words:


That sounds awesome! I'm glad the paladin is helping redeem the trope, because I totally feel you on the 'grr grr JUSTICE blah blah bully' bs lol.

I'm part of two campaigns right now- one is a solo campaign (where I basically run 2 characters while my husband DM's), the other is with some new friends we recently made. I've enjoyed ritual casting so much on my Wizard (solo) that I'm making sure to take it as a feat for my Sorcerer (group)!

If you can use 3rd level rituals, I highly recommend Phantom Steed and Leomund's Tiny Hut. Depending on how your DM rules it, Phantom Steed theoretically can be cast over and over to provide multiple horses so long as your character continues the ritualistic chanting (since it's only Verbal and Somatic, no materials and it's not concentration). You wouldn't be able to participate in any perception checks or major dialogue while that happens, but a free fast horse every hour is kinda amazing. For the sake of story rather than rules, we've allowed any additional refreshings of the spell to just reinforce the durability of the current one, rather than having to stop and dismount over and over. You don't have to worry about the horses needing to rest, tying them up somewhere, or carrying food/water for them. YMMV, but it's a great spell to add to your collection!

And Leomund's Tiny Hut makes for any sort of world adventuring so much safer when you need to take a long rest. Bonus that you don't have to worry about horses breaking the spell (only 10 creatures inside it at a time) if you have Phantom Steeds that can just go poof! when you're done with them.


Yep, I got them both! Still need to actually learn LTH, but Phantom Steed is now in my Book of Shadows. That spell has definitely saved my ass a couple times I played as a wizard and needed to get the MacGuffin out of fighting range fast, so I was quick to learn it. Our bard already knows LTH but we figured that's a spell more than one party member should know in case we need to split the party temporarily. DM's letting me take an extra warlock spell through my patron, and I'm thinking of taking Remove Curse since we keep finding cursed items/acquiring curses. I'll have to ask him about Phantom Steed as well.

Also, a couple days ago I realized the warlock's magic mechanics functions similar to magical girls in anime and I can't uncouple the idea of my pact of the fiend warlock having a magical girl form. :stick:
You can't touch music- but music can touch you.

"Other than everything going completely wrong, it's all going according to plan!"

| 27 | Female | bisexual | In a relationship | crazy about rainbows and glitter | avid DIYer | loves knitting & cooking | fan of animation |
User avatar
Jasmine
Posts: 2182
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 7:06 pm
Gender: Female
Location: SoCal

Re: BDG (Bad Dragon Gamers)

Postby Jasmine » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:15 pm

Curiosa wrote:Also, a couple days ago I realized the warlock's magic mechanics functions similar to magical girls in anime and I can't uncouple the idea of my pact of the fiend warlock having a magical girl form. :stick:


The world needs more cursed souls Magical Girls! Just watch out for little white foxes :stick:

Spellcasters are so much fun! I have an Aarakocra Monk concept on the back burner in case my Draconic Sorcerer Half Elf gets squished real bad in the next few weeks. But we're running with such a small group (a fighter, a cleric, and me) that I just might end up having to be the caster again. Oh no! Whatever shall I do :widesmile:

Combos I want to play someday:
1. That Aarakocra Monk I mentioned
2. Half Orc Cleric (Nature domain)
3. Dwarf Ranger
4. Human Fighter
5. Half Elf Warlock (Fey patron)
6. Genasi Druid (torn between which element to choose, but it would definitely affect Wildshape's flavor!)
Female | 27 | Married
ImageImage Admirer of shiny dongs
Avatar designed by Chibity
User avatar
Curiosa
Posts: 1175
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:00 pm
Gender: Female (most times)
Location: Eagleland

Re: BDG (Bad Dragon Gamers)

Postby Curiosa » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:06 pm

Jasmine wrote:
Curiosa wrote:Also, a couple days ago I realized the warlock's magic mechanics functions similar to magical girls in anime and I can't uncouple the idea of my pact of the fiend warlock having a magical girl form. :stick:


The world needs more cursed souls Magical Girls! Just watch out for little white foxes :stick:

Spellcasters are so much fun! I have an Aarakocra Monk concept on the back burner in case my Draconic Sorcerer Half Elf gets squished real bad in the next few weeks. But we're running with such a small group (a fighter, a cleric, and me) that I just might end up having to be the caster again. Oh no! Whatever shall I do :widesmile:

Combos I want to play someday:
1. That Aarakocra Monk I mentioned
2. Half Orc Cleric (Nature domain)
3. Dwarf Ranger
4. Human Fighter
5. Half Elf Warlock (Fey patron)
6. Genasi Druid (torn between which element to choose, but it would definitely affect Wildshape's flavor!)


They all sound like so much fun! It's a goal of mine to play every race & class once. My first druid was pretty much Princess Mononoke if she could turn into a wolf and maul her enemies. I like to play up the 'nature you scary' aspect of being a druid.

Rogue is a favorite fighting class of mine. I had fun with my rogue- a drama school dropout and charming womanizer who appreciated the sparkly things in life. He disguised himself as a giant sapphire one time to lure in a dragon.

I brought up the magical girl thing to my SO and his response was "you got mage armor? That's a great way to explain the costume change mechanically." I mentioned that next level up I get a new invocation and could pick the mage armor. I really love planning where to take my character for future sessions.

I've been listening to the Madoka Magica OST while updating my character sheet send help

One game my SO played an aarakocra bard (same game as my rogue) and it damn near broke the game's combat. He took a feature letting him grapple people easily and he'd fly them up in the air and drop them during combat. Leave it to my guy to find ways to pull that hilarious crap. :stick:

I really miss DMing. I'm the kind of DM that can roll with going off script and just enjoys player shenanigans.
Image
You can't touch music- but music can touch you.

"Other than everything going completely wrong, it's all going according to plan!"

| 27 | Female | bisexual | In a relationship | crazy about rainbows and glitter | avid DIYer | loves knitting & cooking | fan of animation |
User avatar
Crazyguy1990
Posts: 228
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 7:19 am
Gender: Male/ Bi
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: BDG (Bad Dragon Gamers)

Postby Crazyguy1990 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:51 am

My Radeon R9 390 died on me the other day.
I'd only had it 18 months.... :crying:
Now, no thanks to mining, getting another card like that is ridiculously expensive.
:crying: :crying:
27/M/Bi/ Prefers 2 inch diameter, 7 inches long and up.
User avatar
Cynic Dickic
Posts: 151
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:33 am
Gender: Attack Helicopter (Male)
Location: Canada

Re: BDG (Bad Dragon Gamers)

Postby Cynic Dickic » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:34 am

Shadow_Twisted wrote:I’m not entirely proud of that binge on Toreba. Yay for being able to play Japanese crane games on my phone and win actual prizes

What kind of prizes are we talking here? Does it cost money to play?

Return to “General Off Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest