BDG (Bad Dragon Gamers)

Discuss anything not related to Bad Dragon or the dedicated Forum Categories here! (Generally SFW. Please remember - No RP or Forum games!)
KnotyDes

Re: BDG (Bad Dragon Gamers)

Postby KnotyDes » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:19 pm

Ghost_the_Crow wrote:Started playing Bayonetta yesterday.
I still kinda suck at it but it’s still a lot of fun.

hit all the buttons.
My collection
► Show Spoiler
little-mythgital

Postby little-mythgital » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:19 am

Gutler wrote:
little-mythgital wrote:Been enjoying my little sessions with Monster Hunter World, feels like I main Dual Blades like the old days. Slowly picking the Bow up like I've always wanted, still have a bit of learning there but I noticed sometimes my character lets go of the shots early which is weird cause I have the button held down.
Forgot how to Glaive though, I think they slightly altered how it works and it's really weird to use now.

Charging the bow takes stamina if you run out your character will automatically release the shot.

Ah that explains it :laugh: Problem is that the health bar and stamina are so small they seem non-existent to me or when they kinda minimise so it gives more view so it's hard to tell.
Gutler

Postby Gutler » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:31 am

little-mythgital wrote:
Gutler wrote:
little-mythgital wrote:Been enjoying my little sessions with Monster Hunter World, feels like I main Dual Blades like the old days. Slowly picking the Bow up like I've always wanted, still have a bit of learning there but I noticed sometimes my character lets go of the shots early which is weird cause I have the button held down.
Forgot how to Glaive though, I think they slightly altered how it works and it's really weird to use now.

Charging the bow takes stamina if you run out your character will automatically release the shot.

Ah that explains it :laugh: Problem is that the health bar and stamina are so small they seem non-existent to me or when they kinda minimise so it gives more view so it's hard to tell.

If you get the marathon runner skill it will reduce the amount of stamina needed to charge the bow focus also helps by reducing the time it takes to charge the bow.
Shadow_Twisted

Postby Shadow_Twisted » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:55 am

I’m not entirely proud of that binge on Toreba. Yay for being able to play Japanese crane games on my phone and win actual prizes, but with a grand total of 58 prizes won, I think I may have gone overboard. Although, I have 52 of those ordered in a single request and I can’t help but laugh when I think of them trying to fit everything in one box.
Things are looking up.
Niah

Postby Niah » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:07 pm

I have 90 games total in my Steam library and I still can't figure out what I want to play. I could continue with Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, but I'm right at the point where I have to beat the Dark Empyrean (Ciara Sydanus) in the Scholia Arcan courtyard in Rathir. I've done it plenty of times before, but I'm having more issues this time so it's more aggravating than usual. My Faer Gorta I've summoned to help does a decent job, but the AI for him is really stupid sometimes; he'll just stand about instead of fighting. He stays just for 2 minutes, so you have to keep summoning him again, and her attacks are powerful enough that he'll get his ass handed to him badly enough to disintegrate early. I could continue with BioShock Infinite, but I'm playing it in Easy Mode just for kicks and would rather play something else. I just can't figure out what I'd like to play. I have a number of games installed already, but when I think about having to figure out the mechanics of a new game I cringe and go do something else, lol. Dark Souls requires me pulling out my controller and then dying a lot. Bound By Flame requires me starting over since it didn't save and I've played the first 1/4th or so of the game like five times now. I could go for Wolfenstein: The New Order, but I'm back at the point of sneaking into the prison and that's a headache for me even when I now know how. Dishonored and Styx: Master of Shadows are more likely options except that I'm pretty much completely crap at stealth. I rarely have the patience to just wait for the right time, and even when I try I usually misjudge the timing. In Dishonored I'm also terrible at just knocking out and hiding the people, but I'm trying to get the better ending (although I think I've already killed people in the game, so it might not matter much). :unamused:
30/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
GreyFoxx

Postby GreyFoxx » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:10 pm

Snagged Titan Fall 2 on the cheap and some random bouts of MHW has been my bread and butter as of late.
PM's are welcome if they have a glimmer of intent in them. http://dragon-hoard.com/
reine

Postby reine » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:48 pm

Been playing a lot of MHGen with friends lately while we're all waiting for MHXX to get localized, haha. Working on my Dreadqueen Rathian armor to use with my favorite status LBG, and that "fatal poison" status is terrifying. I've got Negate Poison, so I just get deadly poisoned instead of fatal, but our Palicoes sometimes get fatal poisoned and holy shit do their health bars plummet fast. :psyduck:

I've been using the Khezu Hypo for paralysis (99 genprey fangs + 99 bone husks = infinite para lv2 shots), but the recoil's pretty bad. I should probably find a new paralysis gun...
:misc11: :misc8: 30 toys | My collection:
► Show Spoiler
Curiosa

Postby Curiosa » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:25 am

Fun Dungeons and Dragons session tonight. It was our first session after a month long hiatus, so it was just in-game shopping and catching up with the plot and each other's characters. This fun moment ensued between me and another player:
► Show Spoiler

Overall, I'm really happy with this group: no one's lost their temper at the DM or another player, There's a clear separation between character behavior and player behavior, any disputes gets settled like grown ass adults and not the raging man/woman/adult children I've dealt with in the past. It's a fucking breath of fresh air and I love it.

Our paladin's in-game and Out-game behavior is warming me up to the class. Every other player I've met who played a paladin just used the class as an excuse to bully the other players, which burned me on anything paladin related until this group. Next time I play a new class I'm probably gonna go paladin, partially thanks to this player.
You can't touch music- but music can touch you.

"Other than everything going completely wrong, it's all going according to plan!"

| 29 | Female | bisexual | married | crazy about rainbows and glitter | avid DIYer | loves knitting & cooking | fan of animation |
Jasmine

Postby Jasmine » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:55 am

Curiosa wrote:Fun Dungeons and Dragons session tonight. It was our first session after a month long hiatus, so it was just in-game shopping and catching up with the plot and each other's characters. This fun moment ensued between me and another player: :words:

That sounds awesome! I'm glad the paladin is helping redeem the trope, because I totally feel you on the 'grr grr JUSTICE blah blah bully' bs lol.

I'm part of two campaigns right now- one is a solo campaign (where I basically run 2 characters while my husband DM's), the other is with some new friends we recently made. I've enjoyed ritual casting so much on my Wizard (solo) that I'm making sure to take it as a feat for my Sorcerer (group)!

If you can use 3rd level rituals, I highly recommend Phantom Steed and Leomund's Tiny Hut. Depending on how your DM rules it, Phantom Steed theoretically can be cast over and over to provide multiple horses so long as your character continues the ritualistic chanting (since it's only Verbal and Somatic, no materials and it's not concentration). You wouldn't be able to participate in any perception checks or major dialogue while that happens, but a free fast horse every hour is kinda amazing. For the sake of story rather than rules, we've allowed any additional refreshings of the spell to just reinforce the durability of the current one, rather than having to stop and dismount over and over. You don't have to worry about the horses needing to rest, tying them up somewhere, or carrying food/water for them. YMMV, but it's a great spell to add to your collection!

And Leomund's Tiny Hut makes for any sort of world adventuring so much safer when you need to take a long rest. Bonus that you don't have to worry about horses breaking the spell (only 10 creatures inside it at a time) if you have Phantom Steeds that can just go poof! when you're done with them.
Female | 27 | Married
ImageImage Admirer of shiny dongs
KnotyDes

Postby KnotyDes » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:31 pm

Endless space 2 was on sale yesterday on steam. Its a 4x I have been eyeing for some time. 20 buck what the heck.

I went to sleep at 2am. Stupid 4x games.
Last edited by KnotyDes on Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
My collection
► Show Spoiler
Curiosa

Postby Curiosa » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:00 pm

Jasmine wrote:
Curiosa wrote:Fun Dungeons and Dragons session tonight. It was our first session after a month long hiatus, so it was just in-game shopping and catching up with the plot and each other's characters. This fun moment ensued between me and another player: :words:

That sounds awesome! I'm glad the paladin is helping redeem the trope, because I totally feel you on the 'grr grr JUSTICE blah blah bully' bs lol.

I'm part of two campaigns right now- one is a solo campaign (where I basically run 2 characters while my husband DM's), the other is with some new friends we recently made. I've enjoyed ritual casting so much on my Wizard (solo) that I'm making sure to take it as a feat for my Sorcerer (group)!

If you can use 3rd level rituals, I highly recommend Phantom Steed and Leomund's Tiny Hut. Depending on how your DM rules it, Phantom Steed theoretically can be cast over and over to provide multiple horses so long as your character continues the ritualistic chanting (since it's only Verbal and Somatic, no materials and it's not concentration). You wouldn't be able to participate in any perception checks or major dialogue while that happens, but a free fast horse every hour is kinda amazing. For the sake of story rather than rules, we've allowed any additional refreshings of the spell to just reinforce the durability of the current one, rather than having to stop and dismount over and over. You don't have to worry about the horses needing to rest, tying them up somewhere, or carrying food/water for them. YMMV, but it's a great spell to add to your collection!

And Leomund's Tiny Hut makes for any sort of world adventuring so much safer when you need to take a long rest. Bonus that you don't have to worry about horses breaking the spell (only 10 creatures inside it at a time) if you have Phantom Steeds that can just go poof! when you're done with them.

Yep, I got them both! Still need to actually learn LTH, but Phantom Steed is now in my Book of Shadows. That spell has definitely saved my ass a couple times I played as a wizard and needed to get the MacGuffin out of fighting range fast, so I was quick to learn it. Our bard already knows LTH but we figured that's a spell more than one party member should know in case we need to split the party temporarily. DM's letting me take an extra warlock spell through my patron, and I'm thinking of taking Remove Curse since we keep finding cursed items/acquiring curses. I'll have to ask him about Phantom Steed as well.

Also, a couple days ago I realized the warlock's magic mechanics functions similar to magical girls in anime and I can't uncouple the idea of my pact of the fiend warlock having a magical girl form. :stick:

"Other than everything going completely wrong, it's all going according to plan!"

| 29 | Female | bisexual | married | crazy about rainbows and glitter | avid DIYer | loves knitting & cooking | fan of animation |
Jasmine

Postby Jasmine » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:15 pm

Curiosa wrote:Also, a couple days ago I realized the warlock's magic mechanics functions similar to magical girls in anime and I can't uncouple the idea of my pact of the fiend warlock having a magical girl form. :stick:

The world needs more cursed souls Magical Girls! Just watch out for little white foxes :stick:

Spellcasters are so much fun! I have an Aarakocra Monk concept on the back burner in case my Draconic Sorcerer Half Elf gets squished real bad in the next few weeks. But we're running with such a small group (a fighter, a cleric, and me) that I just might end up having to be the caster again. Oh no! Whatever shall I do :widesmile:

Combos I want to play someday:
1. That Aarakocra Monk I mentioned
2. Half Orc Cleric (Nature domain)
3. Dwarf Ranger
4. Human Fighter
5. Half Elf Warlock (Fey patron)
6. Genasi Druid (torn between which element to choose, but it would definitely affect Wildshape's flavor!)
Female | 27 | Married
Curiosa

Postby Curiosa » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:06 pm

Jasmine wrote:
Curiosa wrote:Also, a couple days ago I realized the warlock's magic mechanics functions similar to magical girls in anime and I can't uncouple the idea of my pact of the fiend warlock having a magical girl form. :stick:

The world needs more cursed souls Magical Girls! Just watch out for little white foxes :stick:

Spellcasters are so much fun! I have an Aarakocra Monk concept on the back burner in case my Draconic Sorcerer Half Elf gets squished real bad in the next few weeks. But we're running with such a small group (a fighter, a cleric, and me) that I just might end up having to be the caster again. Oh no! Whatever shall I do :widesmile:

Combos I want to play someday:
1. That Aarakocra Monk I mentioned
2. Half Orc Cleric (Nature domain)
3. Dwarf Ranger
4. Human Fighter
5. Half Elf Warlock (Fey patron)
6. Genasi Druid (torn between which element to choose, but it would definitely affect Wildshape's flavor!)

They all sound like so much fun! It's a goal of mine to play every race & class once. My first druid was pretty much Princess Mononoke if she could turn into a wolf and maul her enemies. I like to play up the 'nature you scary' aspect of being a druid.

Rogue is a favorite fighting class of mine. I had fun with my rogue- a drama school dropout and charming womanizer who appreciated the sparkly things in life. He disguised himself as a giant sapphire one time to lure in a dragon.

I brought up the magical girl thing to my SO and his response was "you got mage armor? That's a great way to explain the costume change mechanically." I mentioned that next level up I get a new invocation and could pick the mage armor. I really love planning where to take my character for future sessions.

I've been listening to the Madoka Magica OST while updating my character sheet send help

One game my SO played an aarakocra bard (same game as my rogue) and it damn near broke the game's combat. He took a feature letting him grapple people easily and he'd fly them up in the air and drop them during combat. Leave it to my guy to find ways to pull that hilarious crap. :stick:

I really miss DMing. I'm the kind of DM that can roll with going off script and just enjoys player shenanigans.

Crazyguy1990

Postby Crazyguy1990 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:51 am

My Radeon R9 390 died on me the other day.
I'd only had it 18 months.... :crying:
Now, no thanks to mining, getting another card like that is ridiculously expensive.
:crying: :crying:
28/M/Bi/ Prefers 2 inch diameter, 7 inches long and up.
Cynic Dickic

Postby Cynic Dickic » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:34 am

Shadow_Twisted wrote:I’m not entirely proud of that binge on Toreba. Yay for being able to play Japanese crane games on my phone and win actual prizes

What kind of prizes are we talking here? Does it cost money to play?
Jasmine

Postby Jasmine » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:30 am

Curiosa wrote: :words:

Sis Puella Magica is my Wizard's character music! :misc2: :widesmile:

Sounds like you had a rogue that could have multiclassed as a Bard pretty easily, lol! That's awesome, love the idea of the sapphire. I like the concept of a rogue, but I'm such a Lawful Good person IRL that playing a thief makes me squirm a little ^^;
Maybe someday for a more chaotic campaign I'll do more of a Robin Hood rogue. I'm the idiot person who turns down sentimental NPC rewards, but I'll loot the shit out of a baddie.

Does your group follow any of the written campaigns, or are you doing homebrew content? The group I'm in is doing Lost Mines (second time for me) and then we'll probably follow up with the Tiamat books. I'm doing Storm King's Thunder on my Wizard.

Also that drop grapple sounds amazing and I'm definitely not telling that to my husband so he doesn't ban it later
Female | 27 | Married
Curiosa

Postby Curiosa » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:50 pm

Jasmine wrote:
Curiosa wrote: :words:

Sis Puella Magica is my Wizard's character music! :misc2: :widesmile:

Sounds like you had a rogue that could have multiclassed as a Bard pretty easily, lol! That's awesome, love the idea of the sapphire. I like the concept of a rogue, but I'm such a Lawful Good person IRL that playing a thief makes me squirm a little ^^;
Maybe someday for a more chaotic campaign I'll do more of a Robin Hood rogue. I'm the idiot person who turns down sentimental NPC rewards, but I'll loot the shit out of a baddie.

Does your group follow any of the written campaigns, or are you doing homebrew content? The group I'm in is doing Lost Mines (second time for me) and then we'll probably follow up with the Tiamat books. I'm doing Storm King's Thunder on my Wizard.

Also that drop grapple sounds amazing and I'm definitely not telling that to my husband so he doesn't ban it later

We just wrapped up Ravenloft, and we're back on the Sword Coast. I know our DM is following a book, I just can't remember which. I tend to homebrew since I'm not entirely sure how to go about a prewritten campaign . A lot of my game is more or less fantasy precolonial US inspired stuff. Think Salem but with more diverse monsters/Magic system and less disappointing storytelling
An NPC I didn't expect to get popular with my players is a thief with the alias The Gentleman Jackdaw, who runs a thieves guild that targets corrupt figures and organizations. Think young David Bowie as a phantom thief archetype. I was aiming for likeable, but was surprised to find my players got super excited whenever he showed up. Of course, it helps that in his introduction he broke them out of prison when they were wrongfully arrested. :widesmile:

I'll be honest, half the reason I took fiend for my patron is the Hurl Through Hell feature you get at level 14. I just love the idea of sending a beefy enemy through another plane and having them coming out looking like:
Currently at level six, but we're planning a long campaign so I'm banking on being patient. I'm attached enough to my character that I wanna make prop versions of some of her stuff (Rod of the Pact Keeper, shard of a crystal heart that she's been using as a ritual daggar, ) and maybe make a costume I can throw on at the DM's place (that's where we game).

Jasmine

Postby Jasmine » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:10 am

Curiosa wrote:Currently at level six, but we're planning a long campaign so I'm banking on being patient. I'm attached enough to my character that I wanna make prop versions of some of her stuff (Rod of the Pact Keeper, shard of a crystal heart that she's been using as a ritual daggar, ) and maybe make a costume I can throw on at the DM's place (that's where we game).

My Wizard got to 7th Level a few nights ago, my Sorcerer is still a wee bab at 2nd. But if the group continues on through the end of the Tiamat campaigns, we should be around ~15th if everything goes well! I'm determined to get an arcane spellcaster to the range of 9th level spells at some point- Wish will be mine!

I have latex ears that I've broken out a couple of times for the group my wizard previously was in (it fell apart and those friends moved across the country), but I haven't pulled them out with the new group yet. Don't want to scare them off ^^;

Wizard has a Staff of Defense (solid glass) that she likes to cast Light on, so maybe I'll pull out the old lightsaber from the closet one of these days :widesmile:
Female | 27 | Married
Shadow_Twisted

Postby Shadow_Twisted » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:00 pm

Cynic Dickic wrote:
Shadow_Twisted wrote:I’m not entirely proud of that binge on Toreba. Yay for being able to play Japanese crane games on my phone and win actual prizes

What kind of prizes are we talking here? Does it cost money to play?

Prepare for a pretty detailed explanation. The short-hand is that there’s a wide variety of prizes and that it generally does cost money to play.

For the more detailed version, there’s a number of different categories, from Figures, Plushes, Toys, Apparell, and Misc. Goods. I’ve seen some stuff that was kinda novelty, and some that’s officially licensed merchandise. I’ve seen Pokémon stuff, C DragonBall series, One Piece, Yuri on Ice, Fate, etc. and I’ve also seen random animal masks, RC cars, and some things you might expect to see at a dollar store. Some of the licensed merchandise I looked up on eBay ranged from $25-$45 or more.

The currency used to play the games is Toreba Points or TP for short. Conversion is about 1000TP = $1. You have to buy it in bundles ranging from $5 to $300 and amounts from $30 and up give you extra TP. There are promotions that award free plays, for example when you first install the app you get 5 plays for free. Right now I’m getting a free play ticket every day, but usually one play isn’t enough to win anything unless you get lucky and manage to get in behind someone who gave up just before winning. I suggest checking the value of anything you want to win and deciding if you think you can win it for less before spending anything. I also highly recommend watching videos of other people playing to get a feel for how to play and win. Some machines are a bit more luck based than skill, so be aware of that as well.
Things are looking up.
little-mythgital

Postby little-mythgital » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:25 am

Been very slowly playing Monster Hunter World, starting to get a hang of the bow. Having my hilarious moments with the Dual Blades. Also when your Bow flinches the monster more than the Dual Blades.
Just been down to Rotten Vale for the first time.... Love the place! Has this interesting vibe to it. I was glad also that I decided to bring the Bow along for the hunt. The Dual Blades would of had a tough time.
I'm also still stuck with my Bone Armour, can't seem to like certain sets, I know mixing sets give better results if you want to focus on certain skills. I'm just used to having full sets haha. Will be spending ages trying to get a mixed set together that looks appealing.

Return to “General Off Topic”