What's on your mind?

Discuss anything not related to Bad Dragon or the dedicated Forum Categories here! (Generally SFW. Please remember - No RP or Forum games!)
Curiosa

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Curiosa » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:34 pm

Padre wrote:
Curiosa wrote:So anytime mom crock pots anything now she uses these disposable plastic liners. She does it now because it's more convenient than to clean a bulky ceramic pot, but it makes everything she cooks with them taste plasticky and tough. I dunno, I've been cooking for myself more often lately so I think she doesn't know how gross I think those liners are. I'm the only one with that opinion so far so even if I let her know I'm sure they won't be going anywhere. :unamused:

Ugh, some things are just so not worth the convenience, especially if it ruins food like that.

Tbh that also sounds like an economical disaster! I've never even heard of those :eyeroll:
Hope she becomes tired of buying those liners and returns to a life without those 2 minutes saved ;)

She prioritizes convenience over taste a lot so they're probably not going anywhere soon.

This will most likely be my face if they get discontinued:

KnotyDes wrote:cooking something in plastic for long periods of time sounds bad.

It tastes (and smells) as bad as it sounds. I used to practically lick the plate clean whenever she crock potted anything, now I can't get past the plastic taste of the food. If anything it motivates me to cook stuff I like but I know my folks would never touch. I've been making a lot of Japanese style dishes, they're a tad put off by some of the dish concepts.

Me: "Ok, you take a fried pork chop, cut it into strips, throw it in a heated pan with onions"
Mom: "I like where this is going."
Me: "now cook an egg over it and serve it on top of rice"
Mom: "wtf"
You can't touch music- but music can touch you.

"Other than everything going completely wrong, it's all going according to plan!"

| 29 | Female | bisexual | married | crazy about rainbows and glitter | avid DIYer | loves knitting & cooking | fan of animation |
KnotyDes

Postby KnotyDes » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:01 pm

Curiosa wrote:It tastes (and smells) as bad as it sounds. I used to practically lick the plate clean whenever she crock potted anything, now I can't get past the plastic taste of the food. If anything it motivates me to cook stuff I like but I know my folks would never touch. I've been making a lot of Japanese style dishes, they're a tad put off by some of the dish concepts.

Me: "Ok, you take a fried pork chop, cut it into strips, throw it in a heated pan with onions"

make Japanese style curry, that will change their opinion. there is a ramen restaurant near my work that makes really good curry over rice, ramen or udon with karage or katsu on top. well they also make good everything, so there's that.
My collection
► Show Spoiler
Curiosa

Postby Curiosa » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:10 pm

KnotyDes wrote:
Curiosa wrote:It tastes (and smells) as bad as it sounds. I used to practically lick the plate clean whenever she crock potted anything, now I can't get past the plastic taste of the food. If anything it motivates me to cook stuff I like but I know my folks would never touch. I've been making a lot of Japanese style dishes, they're a tad put off by some of the dish concepts.

make Japanese style curry, that will change their opinion. there is a ramen restaurant near my work that makes really good curry over rice, ramen or udon with karage or katsu on top. well they also make good everything, so there's that.

I dunno, they REALLY hate curry (that sounds super good though). It's tough to change their mind once my folks decide they hate a dish. Never had lamb until I was an adult because they had some bad mutton and tried to "shelter" me from it. SO made me some our first Valentine's day together and oooooh, it was so goooooood! Anyways, I finally got them to try lamb I cooked and their reaction was pretty much "that was good, but never ask us to eat that again" :misc4: :nomnom: And they tease me for being a picky eater.

My folks frustrate me sometimes over their culinary choices. Sorry if this goes on for a bit, I kinda need to vent. You guys don't have to read it if you don't want, I'll just spoiler it for length.
► Show Spoiler

Maybe this is why Ratatouille is my second favorite Pixar movie. I relate a bit more to Remy than I expected.

Thank the maker my friends in the city have restaurant/cooking options beyond Chinese, Mexican, Steakhouse, Pizza Parlor. I had no clue how much I'd like Vetnamese food until my friends brought me to their favorite place and I got to try pho. :liplick:

"Other than everything going completely wrong, it's all going according to plan!"

| 29 | Female | bisexual | married | crazy about rainbows and glitter | avid DIYer | loves knitting & cooking | fan of animation |
KnotyDes

Postby KnotyDes » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:38 pm

Curiosa wrote: :words:

WOW. I feel really bad for you about your parents culinary tastes and habits. butter in the freezer???????

well done beef, i cannot even.

Chain restaurants are also questionable, the best thing about traveling is experiencing the things that, that place have to offer. But i guess there is a reason the Denny's on the Vega's strip is so busy.

Lamb, find some rack of lamb, either seasoned or unseasoned. here is a classic https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/c ... k_of_lamb/

i am very fortunate that my parents gave me just about everything when i was young, even more-so that i was willing to try anything.
My collection
► Show Spoiler
Curiosa

Postby Curiosa » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:51 pm

KnotyDes wrote:

Chain restaurants are also questionable, the best thing about traveling is experiencing the things that, that place have to offer. But i guess there is a reason the Denny's on the Vega's strip is so busy.

It's why I love traveling with my SO and his family, they go out of their way to find local restaurants when they travel. We were passing through Monterey Bay one trip and stopped at the most amazing seafood place. :liplick: I didn't really like seafood until that trip; the double-whammy of being landlocked and in a desert does not bode well for seafood freshness. However once I got a taste for good seafood I feel it really broadened my horizons. If we ever visit the coast again I'd love to find a good sushi place. Been craving some good nigiri for awhile.

wolfstardobe

Postby wolfstardobe » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:21 pm

Going to see life sized animatronic dinosaurs this weekend. I wish everyone would stop calling me a toddler for wanting to go... :unamused:

Yes it’s aimed at kids but who wouldn’t want to see life sized dinosaurs?!
Female Single Heteroflexible Hobby Dog Trainer
KnotyDes

Postby KnotyDes » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:31 pm

Curiosa wrote:
KnotyDes wrote:

It's why I love traveling with my SO and his family, they go out of their way to find local restaurants when they travel. We were passing through Monterey Bay one trip and stopped at the most amazing seafood place. :liplick: I didn't really like seafood until that trip; the double-whammy of being landlocked and in a desert does not bode well for seafood freshness. However once I got a taste for good seafood I feel it really broadened my horizons. If we ever visit the coast again I'd love to find a good sushi place. Been craving some good nigiri for awhile.

i am lucky to be here near the coast. I'm only a 30 minuteish drive to Half Moon Bay, Pacifica and Princeton aka the pacific ocean :laugh: One of our favorite seafood places is Barbra's fish trap, very divey, cash only, :smile: but oh man are Tempura Prawns amazing. they also have very unique clam chowder. they use vegetable stock instead of cream and garnish with paprika. very different, i like it.

i have an aunt that lives in Carmel (near Monterey) and we would go to the Aquarium quite often. And yes the seafood is quite good in that town, oh man can some of the restaurants get pricey, well i guess many seafood restaurants are.
My collection
► Show Spoiler
DaedraQueen

Postby DaedraQueen » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:00 am

wolfstardobe wrote:Going to see life sized animatronic dinosaurs this weekend. I wish everyone would stop calling me a toddler for wanting to go... :unamused:

Hey im also going to a dinosaur thing this weekend!
❤ Female ❤ Pan ❤ 24 ❤ Married ❤ 6 BD Toys

❤ Currently Owned ❤

Small/Med Nova in Pearce’s signature and maroon base.
Small/Med Winston in a fire morph pattern.
Small/Med Flint in a custom tri-marble.
Small/Med Nox in Jupiter.
Small/Med Meng in Cosmic Nebula.
Small/Med Trent in Peridot
Medium Rauchana in artistic liberty
Akhelios the Sea Beast in a teal to blue fade

❤ Bought but not arrived ❤
Med Pretzal in Feathered Serpent
Small Echo In full spectrum (Rainbow)

"Is that your new dream in life to own a cornucopia of dicks?" Quoted from my darling husband
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:16 am

DaedraQueen wrote:
wolfstardobe wrote:Going to see life sized animatronic dinosaurs this weekend. I wish everyone would stop calling me a toddler for wanting to go... :unamused:

Hey im also going to a dinosaur thing this weekend!

I'd certainly go!
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
thesharkwhisperer

Postby thesharkwhisperer » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:58 am

I just got tickets for the Walking with Dinosaurs show so I definitely understand. It's all the way in December though :psyduck:
History nerd - Dino lover - Pokémon - HUBBADUH
LittleRedVixen

Postby LittleRedVixen » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:20 am

I would definitely go if I had the chance! I love dinosaurs so much :misc2: :smilenox:
"Does running out of f*cks count as cardio?"

ImageImage
Slaanesh

Postby Slaanesh » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:48 am

LittleRedVixen wrote:

I would definitely go if I had the chance! I love dinosaurs so much :misc2: :smilenox:

I'd go too! I love dinosaurs! :misc2: :smilenox:
AkaiKitsune

Postby AkaiKitsune » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:40 pm

I found out today that the country's most popular tabloid newspaper unironically uses the term "snowflake" the way it's used on the internet in their articles and headlines. It's scummy as shit and I'm sick of internet bullshit leaking into IRL all the time now.
Curiosa

Postby Curiosa » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:13 pm

A few things are knockin' around my noggin:

-> I'm excited that Guillermo Del Toro won best director and best picture for The Shape of Water. He looked so happy during his acceptance speech, he's been wanting to do this movie forever and its nice to see someone do their pet project and get all this recognition for it. TSoW also got the oscar for best soundtrack which I also love, its an amazing album.

-> SO preordered a copy of TSoW, and since a few of his coworkers want to see it as well we're making a viewing party of it. I want to make some snacks but I don't know what to make. I dunno, I like the idea of themed snacks for viewing parties. I might borrow my mom's popcorn machine and make some popcorn for a home theatre feel. Sea-salted popcorn? Maybe make some deviled eggs if anyone is interested.

-> I found a hair mask at Wal-Mart. Coconut oil and Shea butter. I wasn't expecting much for $1.50, but hot damn my hair and scalp feels great. SO said I smelled like a macaron and couldn't stop smelling my hair. :misc2: :blush: best part is since my hair is short I did use all of it so I'll save the rest for next week.

-> I have no clue what happened, but lately I've been extra motivated to cook. It might be all those cooking channels on YouTube I've been watching.

katze

Postby katze » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:18 pm

I have a job interview tomorrow that I'm SO excited for, I really hope I get it!!!

^ↀᴥↀ^
agender girl | queer | taken | 50 dildos | 14 eggs | 2 plugs | 3 penetrables | 1 wearable

ฅ(≚ᄌ≚)
toy collection in profile!

waiting on:
medium 5 spitfire w/ suction cup (nox's signautre)
medium 5 rex w/ suction cup (opal)
wolfstardobe

Postby wolfstardobe » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:44 pm

Thanks all!! :nerdy: I’m excited to see the dinosuars!
Female Single Heteroflexible Hobby Dog Trainer
Niah

Postby Niah » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:16 pm

The engineering exam didn't go too badly. I even finished with 7 minutes to spare. Took me 83 minutes to solve 11 problems, but that's how it is. I know I passed, but I can't say beyond that. I think a B, but who knows. I feel pretty good about it considering I didn't really study for it. I worked through some problems today before the exam and I half-assedly did work during class the past week. Calculus tomorrow night will be a different story. I barely understand the material and I'm not sure how I'm supposed to remember all of it. There was a limit problem she put on the board yesterday and I'd forgot how to solve that type of problem already.

I actually like my chem lab. Today was interesting and we got to identify an unknown, to us, ionic compound through various tests; ours was ammonium chloride. I think I like the lab because it's interactive. I learn well in a typical classroom setting when it comes to languages, history, and such, but when it comes to science I do best when actively doing something, so the lecture is more of an issue for me than the lab right now. I have another chem exam this coming Monday night, so at least I have the weekend for it.

My programming lab assignment went surprisingly well. I need to get it to give me the second highest number out of each array, but with the way it's written it's given me the slot in the array and not the actual number. So it's giving me slot 19 instead of a number while ignoring where it is in the array, so I need to figure out that for Thursday. The professor uploaded the instructions for our next assignment. It's due the 16, which fucking sucks; not even two weeks. Then again, if the program works as it should it's not a very difficult problem. Because mine doesn't work at all, because I royally fucked up on it, I'm more fucked than most others. Then again, she did tell us, so I'm well aware of the problem. I have to see what I can do between now and the 16th to get it working and etc. :unamused:
30/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
LittleRedVixen

Postby LittleRedVixen » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:08 am

katze wrote:I have a job interview tomorrow that I'm SO excited for, I really hope I get it!!!

Best of luck!

I have a job interview next Monday and I have to defend my thesis on Tuesday. I am nervous and happy at the same time
"Does running out of f*cks count as cardio?"

ImageImage
Hoofs_N_Horns

Postby Hoofs_N_Horns » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:24 pm

AkaiKitsune wrote:I found out today that the country's most popular tabloid newspaper unironically uses the term "snowflake" the way it's used on the internet in their articles and headlines. It's scummy as shit and I'm sick of internet bullshit leaking into IRL all the time now.

Tabloid and scummy kinda go hand-in-hand don't they? :unamused:
Penetrables comparison: here
meatloaf

Postby meatloaf » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:51 pm

lost $120 usd over a halloween black medium flint ill never receive :)))))
really upset and finding ways to get my money back.
ive never been scammed before,
:misc11: GIRTH-O-HOLIC :misc12:

WTB:
Bruce

Mr Hankeys:
Medium El rey in tan with balls

Msg me if you see any of my toys that may interest you for future sale reference :0 )

Return to “General Off Topic”