What's on your mind?

Discuss anything not related to Bad Dragon or the dedicated Forum Categories here! (Generally SFW. Please remember - No RP or Forum games!)
Curiosa

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Curiosa » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:49 am

wolfstardobe wrote:Currently hiding from Fireworks... I need to invest in noise canceling headphones.

I don't blame you. Fourth of July makes me so anxious. Honestly, I think all the crazy 4th of July barbeques my folks dragged me to as a kid kinda made me adverse to the holiday. I just associate it with a bunch of drunk idiots blowing shit up. :eyeroll:

-in other news-
I'm kind of excited for my birthday this month. Mom asked me what I want for my birthday and, like the nerd I am, I'm planning on asking for some stationary. But not just any stationary... stationary from Japan! There is one kind of notebook I saw where you can remove/rearrange the pages like a 3 ring binder. But this looks much more elegant and better put together. My nerdy ass wants a couple of these for writing knitting patterns and project notes. I can get a little unfocused/unorganized when writing things down so this would be perfect.
You can't touch music- but music can touch you.

"Other than everything going completely wrong, it's all going according to plan!"

| 27 | Female | bisexual | In a relationship | crazy about rainbows and glitter | avid DIYer | loves knitting & cooking | fan of animation |
Kreature

Postby Kreature » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:37 am

I made the disturbing realization that one specific topic has been at the fore front of my mind for six months. It's like a thought that my brain won't let go of and keeps cycling it over and over in my head. It's not bad thoughts though. I'm not disturbed by it, but for fucks sakes, six months? I'd think that after a time, I'd find other things to think about but no. My mind has latched onto one topic and keeps replaying it over and over. It's like I'm watching a film on repeat.

I was unaware of this weird...obsessive thinking until I woke up in the early hours of the morning feeling really anxious. The second I open my eyes my mind goes straight to thinking about the only topic it wants to think about. The topic in general is unimportant. It's not disturbing or even personal. It was just something I saw on the news, so it really has nothing to do with me. As I was lying there in bed, "watching" the thoughts run through my head, I asked myself, "How long have I been thinking about this?" I counted on my fingers the months from when I saw the news to present. At the time, it was five months. It's bizarre. However, I don't think I need to see someone about it because it isn't keeping me from living my life. I'm just unsure as to why on earth my mind keeps replaying the same thoughts over and over for so long.
| Female | 21 | Polysexual | Newbie Dick Collector | Sergal Lover | Shy & Introverted | Bookworm | Dino/Dragon Fan | Major Daydreamer |

Currently trying to start my own toybox. And figuring out a place to hide it... :bugeyed:

Must haves: Mini Ika, mini Austin, small Tyson, mini Roland, mini Bumblehooves, small Bumblehooves, small Trent, mini Rex, small Rex, small Chance unflared, small Duke, small Razor
Every single dessert-themed design. :smile:
wolfstardobe

Postby wolfstardobe » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:17 pm

My package was lost in the mail abyss for a week. It’s finally moving again! Luckily it wasn’t expensive.
Female Single Heteroflexible Hobby Dog Trainer
BlastShelter

Postby BlastShelter » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:59 pm

I just saw a fragment of some "Twilight" movie, and I remember how bad is: a movie saga about a relationship between two abusive assholes.
And I start to think the vampire is gay, but the vampire family where he lives are really homophobic, so: he is faking a straight relationship.
I'll get you next time, Knot! Next time!
Last one alive lock the door.
Curiosa

Postby Curiosa » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:17 pm

BlastShelter wrote:I just saw a fragment of some "Twilight" movie, and I remember how bad is: a movie saga about a relationship between two abusive assholes.
And I start to think the vampire is gay, but the vampire family where he lives are really homophobic, so: he is faking a straight relationship.

Omg YES headcanon accepted. :stick: TBH, it would have been way more interesting if that were the case. I dunno, that might just be my queer ass reading into things.

I read the first book back in my second year of college (all my friends did and I wanted to stay in the loop*) and I thought it was weird how normal the book treated his family dynamic, especially that all the female vampires in the family were more or less turned to be brides for the boys. :eyeroll: Like, wow, way to go book. I... couldn't even get through the second and decided to stay out of my friend's discussions over the book henceforth.

* to clarify I had one friend who loved it, one who hated it, and their discussions about it always got heated.

"Other than everything going completely wrong, it's all going according to plan!"

| 27 | Female | bisexual | In a relationship | crazy about rainbows and glitter | avid DIYer | loves knitting & cooking | fan of animation |
Curiosa

Postby Curiosa » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:27 pm

Avoiding my folks' friends citing that "I'm busy with computer work".

Not looking forward to telling my parents that we don't want them to come to the wedding. I dunno about the first one but the other tends to hold grudges and takes things VERY personally. :unamused:

Tallon

Postby Tallon » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:24 am

Curiosa wrote:Avoiding my folks' friends citing that "I'm busy with computer work".

Not looking forward to telling my parents that we don't want them to come to the wedding. I dunno about the first one but the other tends to hold grudges and takes things VERY personally. :unamused:

You could always use the "not enough seating" excuse. I had to do that for several aunts and their children whom I despised.

In the meantime, my spouse confronted me about my sudden need to hit the bottle hard every night, and I put it pretty straightforward-- living with his parents and grandmother is literal Hell. I wouldn't be on half my medications if we lived with our own small family. We used to have a small condo that I adored and kept tidy. I went to the gym every day. I cooked all our meals and gladly. His parents and grandma have killed my vibe, and worse than that-- my whole will to live. To them, I'm useless garbage, I'm sure of it. His dad is a whiny little bitch about the dumbest shit and openly expresses hatred toward our friends. His mom thinks I'm helpless trash. Each time I go to my psychiatrist, she has to put me on something stronger just to keep me from killing myself outright. But those meds have drawbacks-- my creative inspiration is gone. I used to write and write and write, plus illustrate. I was an honor student in both biology and art. I'm struggling to keep my 4.0 GPA. I want to move forward with my education but my household makes it impossible. There's so much more I could say, but I explained it to my spouse, and I'm not sure he gets it.

BTW sorry to be a downer. :laugh:
"Ecce! Scintillae!" :laugh:

Married Bisexual Kinky Old Man :stick:
Curiosa

Postby Curiosa » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:34 pm

Tallon wrote:BTW sorry to be a downer. :laugh:

Nah, it's fine. We all need to vent sometimes. I dunno how comforting internet hugs are, but here we go-

I was able to get my mom on my side about the whole kerfuffle. We haven't told my dad about it yet (technically the grudge holder is my dad's friend) but we're gonna give him a couple of days to chill and forget about all the bbq planning they were doing before we bring it up. The friend kind of invited himself to the wedding as the bbq caterer, but... I want my brother in law to do that. He's a better cook and I find him much more tolerable.

With the other friend I'm just gonna be upfront that he's not invited. He's a racist, a sexist, and overall a bad influence on the first friend. I'm so glad I have a friend who's done this wedding stuff before who is willing to give me advice on the whole thing. She's the best to talk to and is more than willing to be in the wedding party.

Jasmine

Postby Jasmine » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:47 pm

Just got back from Anime Expo! It was my first time going to an anime convention.

It was fun seeing all the cosplayers, but I think the crowd was a bit too much for me :misc6:

I think I'll just stick to Ren Faire- while still crowded, it wasn't quite as crowded as that. Plus Ren Faire is outside so it doesn't feel so cramped. It was kinda intimidating from the sheer number of lines for things that we didn't know were happening :unamused: We had really been looking forward to playing D&D only to find out they had already filled out a super long waiting list and a completely booked primary list- and we just stood around for half an hour trying to figure out what was going on, only to be turned away.

Oh well.
Female | 27 | Married
ImageImage Admirer of shiny dongs
Ghost_the_Crow

Postby Ghost_the_Crow » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:17 pm

I was browsing through a catalogue I got at our local sex shop two days ago. Saw this „worlds first silicone stroker“ again and was looking online for it yesterday/this morning. And on their website was this video where they say it meets military standards. Dunno if I should take that serious because of how it’s enacted :laugh:

https://siliconestroker.com/silicone

If you’re curious, feel free to take a look ^^
Asexual / Gyneromantic / Probably Trans or Genderfluid(?) / Loves Cuddling

"Of course I know what I'm doing." I said, knowing that I didn't.
reine

Postby reine » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:28 am

My bedroom has been invaded by ants! Argh!! ;__; I don't know why; I don't bring food or anything besides water into my room, and I just vacuumed recently... I'm going to have to put that ant spray down.
:misc11: :misc8: 34 toys | My collection:
► Show Spoiler
Niah

Postby Niah » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:18 am

It's finally cooled off enough that I've been able to sleep comfortably at night and I'm finally having a cup of tea after weeks without any (been too damn hot to drink or eat anything hot without sweating).

I'm actually settling into work pretty well now. I work mostly evening shifts this month and I much prefer it since I work by myself. I have unintentionally gotten attached to a 3 week old Alpine buckling. He was premature, but he's finally putting on weight and slowly getting over his issues with diarrhea. He's still sounds cruddy since he had a bit of an upper respiratory infection. His mother is named Glacier, so my boss wanted something geological for his name and she let me name him. I've been re-reading the Lord of the Rings, so the baby is named Erebor. Now I just hope he makes it to being weaned. The first few months are the most risky and if they can make it to their 4 or 5 month to where they're fully weaned then they're pretty much set. She's going to wait for him to be completely healthy before she disbuds him (removes his horns) and castrates him. We usually sell most of the wethers (castrated males), but she's assured me he'll either stay on the farm or, if sold, go to good family as a pet. I'm still half-tempted to ask about adopting him. I'm sure I'd be able to, but I'm not sure if she'd let him stay on the farm once I leave there (providing I can get a full-time job somewhere). I can't exactly keep him with me since Alpines are not small goats and even wethers get big (not sure if they get as big as the bucks). He's so sweet though. He likes sucking on my fingers and I keep explaining that there's no milk there, lol. He responds to my voices and comes up to me and everything. So yeah, I'm super attached and if he dies or has to be put down it's not going to be easy on me at all. He's very dark and has a faint bit of white at his nose. I wish she'd let him keep his horns; goats with horns look so badass, but it's a safety (their safety and ours) reason and some other reasons for removing them. Disbudding has to be done when they're no more than about a month to 2 months old; once they get bigger it's very dangerous. If you were to try it on an adult you risk getting into the sinus cavities and there can be major complications and a high risk of infection and, ultimately, death. So they're either removed very young or not at all.
30/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
little-mythgital

Postby little-mythgital » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:42 am

That moment when anxiety settles in when you see a big family drive by heading towards the coast area. Well one they were staring into our garden well.
But I freaked out cause the birds are nesting down there, I know that makes me a bit of a party-pooper but I have my big concerns due to declining numbers and all. Well if they know where the birds nest are, which is near the wall bit but sometimes they like laying them in weird places, it's okay. But I am very concerned cause their eggs are the same colour as the stones.

I could write something on the page for the locals to be careful of the nests and all if they are new here but chances are they will just laugh at me :eyeroll: Cause the new people are very very.... I would say they think they are entitled to whatever they want to do.

This is what happens when one is a member of a bird/wildlife charity and sees something that could mean the danger to said wildlife.
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:14 am

So, tracking still lists my BD toys on the mainland. I just found them sitting outside on the front step, in plain view of the town. The box was, obviously, tossed at my front door. Looks like BD no longer requires for sig upon delivery nor do they pass the parcel on to Star Track, for those of us not near a main hub. Hope my Stubbs isn't treated that way when it finally ships.

Still, my adopts are here! The Dexter is...OMG! Tiny little sparklies all throughout the toy. It almost looks metallic. The greens and blues are lovely.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Ghost_the_Crow

Postby Ghost_the_Crow » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:16 am

Spent the last three days after work with building my own arrows ^^

These are the current 9 (out of 12 Rods, 3 still to do)
Only one got a fletching though as a test subject.

FF7D035D-1CC0-40F1-BD87-8DB4AEA47EE0.jpeg

059EC501-B534-4CB9-84A6-FBFD425E7894.jpeg

5F7F5013-3316-4D5A-95C4-2377E6F9A6CC.jpeg

83425191-9433-4375-BB8C-DEF5345447D4.jpeg

D74169CE-5CA4-4A14-BE57-5ED8321CE38A.jpeg

Curiosa

Postby Curiosa » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:25 pm

Ghost_the_Crow wrote:Spent the last three days after work with building my own arrows ^^

That looks really nice! It's been awhile since I've done anything archery related, I kinda miss it. I've had to re-fletch arrows before and a fetching jig makes it super easy.

I was given these carbon fiber arrow shafts for my birthday one year, which are an absolute dream to shoot! I'm really short* and I shoot at a low draw weight, so it messes with what type of arrows I can properly use. For me the shafts need to be both short and super flexible, which really limits my options. My SO, meanwhile, is super tall and shoots a higher draw weight than average so his arrows have got to be really stiff.

*I'm so small I can only comfortably grab handles for bows normally made for kids. It's not a problem now, but if I ever get strong enough to up the draw weight it might be a bit difficult finding the right arms fot that.

Ghost_the_Crow

Postby Ghost_the_Crow » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:55 pm

Curiosa wrote:
Ghost_the_Crow wrote:Spent the last three days after work with building my own arrows ^^

That looks really nice! It's been awhile since I've done anything archery related, I kinda miss it. I've had to re-fletch arrows before and a fetching jig makes it super easy.

I was given these carbon fiber arrow shafts for my birthday one year, which are an absolute dream to shoot! I'm really short* and I shoot at a low draw weight, so it messes with what type of arrows I can properly use. For me the shafts need to be both short and super flexible, which really limits my options. My SO, meanwhile, is super tall and shoots a higher draw weight than average so his arrows have got to be really stiff.

*I'm so small I can only comfortably grab handles for bows normally made for kids. It's not a problem now, but if I ever get strong enough to up the draw weight it might be a bit difficult finding the right arms fot that.

Yea I got some carbon arrows as well as a few wooden ones I bought along with my bow in May '16

But since I always pick up one stupid idea after the other I got into building my own arrows. Will see how the unfletched ones work for longer distances tomorrow after school.
They were just 1m Wooden rods from hardware stores, did the rest myself and hope they don’t shatter on me ^^

Jasmine

Postby Jasmine » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:24 pm

Ghost_the_Crow wrote:
Curiosa wrote: :words:

I have a 28" draw, and I used carbons in competition or aluminum shafts when just shooting for fun at the range, depending on the distance. The skinny carbons were great for trying to get tight groupings, but the aluminums were so thick that you could get a point higher just from how big a hole they'd punch :stick:

I ended up selling my gear, but I did collegiate Archery for a couple of years! It was pretty fun! I had a Hoyt 2008 Kobalt that I got second hand, and the damn thing was always just a bit too heavy for me to pull back comfortably lol. I'd use the club/team compounds, but they were all at different draw lengths/weights so it wasn't quite the same as having your own dedicated setup (at least without a bit of hassle). My first year competing I was using this huuuuuge compound- seriously one of the longest risers I've ever seen in one- that would smack me right above the knee when I did a drop release. Almost dislocated my shoulder pulling her back once! ^^;

Recurve is great, but I loved the snap-POP of a compound release as the arrow hit the target! Not so great when those carbon arrows hit the wooden stand for the target and you had to carve it out with a knife, though lol
Female | 27 | Married
ImageImage Admirer of shiny dongs
eloeelwe

Postby eloeelwe » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:00 pm

I do so love archery, but it has been a very long time since I last pulled back my bow.
It's a Black Hawk 'Wasp', that my grandfather handed down to me. It has an 80 pound draw weight at 28 inches, and is a beast to shoot. Unfortunately, it can't shoot light aluminum or carbon arrows well, (they kind of fly side ways a few feet from the bow, before the the air catches the flights and straighten them up again) wooden shafts are it's preferred ammo. I never had the velocity measured, but I can tell you it is exceptionally fast.

Speaking of arrows, I used to do some fletching when I was in Boy Scouts. I would use a devise to mount my flights that would ensure a good spin to the arrow, by putting a bit of a twist to the flights. I forget what it was called, but many allow you to adjust that spiral twist.

Here is a pic of my ancient bow:
IMG_0212.JPG
deceptively slender, but enormously powerful

IMG_0213.JPG
Originally rated @ 60 lbs, last I had it measured (15 years ago) it was rated @ 80lbs. could be higher now....

See the dragon's share of my artwork, here: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/eloeelwe/
Or here: http://eloeelwe.deviantart.com/
KnotyDes

Postby KnotyDes » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:50 pm

I have done some very minor dabbling in archery. i wasn't serious about investing in anything other than a few classes though.

Finding a bow i could draw was fun though, anything under 30" i could almost un string with my draw. i thought it was funny. ended up finding out i was comfortable with a 33.5" draw, which i was told was awkward.

it was a fun way to spend a few afternoons.
My collection
► Show Spoiler

Return to “General Off Topic”