What's on your mind?

Discuss anything not related to Bad Dragon or the dedicated Forum Categories here! (Generally SFW. Please remember - No RP or Forum games!)
Tallon

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Tallon » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:04 am

A close friend said "I'm not leaving until I see you e-mail me your novel." So he watched as I mailed it to him. Now I wait for his thoughts on it. I'm super nervous. There was a time when I would have bragged about my writing, but now? Self-doubt has killed my confidence.
"Ecce! Scintillae!" :laugh:

Married Bisexual Kinky Old Man :stick:
Niah

Postby Niah » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:53 am

Curiosa wrote:
Niah wrote:I pretty much love all anime and I'll give anything a try, and my tastes are extremely varied based on what all I've seen and enjoyed. 11+ years watching anime adds up, lol. I have a number of favorites that I love for various reasons (Mushi-shi is my go-to for when I need something calm and gentle); however, thanks to episode 49 of My Hero Academia just now, I think that anime has become my overall favorite for anything. The damn show is stressful to watch as it airs because of all the tension and everything, but I absolutely adore it. I'm seriously considering starting to rewatch it again now. I'll do it sooner or later since the season, likely, concludes next week and I'm not sure when season 4 will air. Either way, I'll most definitely binge the whole show again as some point soon.

Omg yes I could not sit still that whole episode I was too excited. Really looking forward to episode 50. Show really knows how to hype a fight! :widesmile:

That's for damn sure! Since I'm too cheap to use my a/c, I have one of those wood and cloth fans that you unfold to use; well, I was clutching that the whole time. I'm pretty sure I even teared up like most everyone in the show did, lol. I'm actually rewatching the whole anime already. Binged the first 10 episodes yesterday before work. It also majorly helps that the music is perfect for it; it's one soundtrack I absolutely don't get tired of.
30/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
Faffy the FauxFox

Postby Faffy the FauxFox » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:39 am

those adipose activists who say we should lay off fat pets, and I guess other animals.
yeah. obesity in dogs and cats is no deal, nor is it a plauge of ill health for zooanimals. a domestic shorthair cat can be thriving in good health at 40 pounds
__________________________________________________________________________________
underwear is a hug for your butt
wolfstardobe

Postby wolfstardobe » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:57 pm

I’ve been diagnosed with sciatica. I’m glad I know why my leg keeps going numb and getting pins and needles pain.

Doctor said I should stretch after applying heat 3 times a day. I did it for the first time and my hip popped it was like instant relief. I guess my nerve was pinched! Still a bit of pins and needles but no where near what it was for the past couple of weeks.
Female Single Heteroflexible Hobby Dog Trainer
Ghost_the_Crow

Postby Ghost_the_Crow » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:36 am

I think I will go get a bigger pot just so I can boil my bigger toys (Med Chance, XL Roland)
Asexual / Gyneromantic / Probably Trans or Genderfluid(?) / Loves Cuddling

"Of course I know what I'm doing." I said, knowing that I didn't.
Niah

Postby Niah » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:06 am

I'm off today, thankfully, but I'm still so tired. I got a large coffee while I was out doing some errands and the caffeine has had pretty much no impact; though that could be because it takes a lot of caffeine to really cause any noticeable change. At least for today I can maybe get away with just one nap instead of 2 or even 3 that I normally have to take. Fortunately at the goat farm we're taking down all but one of the temporary pens, which means way less cleaning and re-strawing to do in the morning, and overall fewer buckets to mess with. Two sets are fully weaned now, and two more pens are almost weaned.

This is great news because it's starting to get ridiculously hot and none of us want to be out in 95+ Fahrenheit temps pitchforking up straw and everything else. I will say much as this job is wreaking my body, I've gotten very good at dosing the goats with whatever they need; mainly Pepto due to shits (and diarrhea, which can kill even humans really fast, kills goats even quicker if not treated) and one adult male gets ammonia chloride for kidney stone issues (that shit burns so much if hits any sort of cut or open area). The diarrhea is a major issue in part because we have roughly 600 goats in approximately 7 acres of land; and while that is technically enough land, 600 goats really need more than that. They also don't rotate pastures, and pasture rotation is something done generally to deal with worms; and we don't rotate deworming meds either, which is another issue.

I'm having major issues with my hands to the point that I can't form a tight fist with either for several hours in the morning, and that's a solid indicator of arthritis. I'm familiar with carpal tunnel enough to know that it's not that, and the work I do isn't the sort of repetitive type work that would exacerbate the carpal tunnel I already have. I almost decided not to, but there's a small get-together hosted by one of my coworkers this Sunday and much as I'd rather just stay in my apartment, there is free food, so I decided to go. I also don't work till Monday night and the thing is from 1 to 4, so I'll have rested plenty from working Saturday night. I'm bringing just a 2 liter soda since I'm cheap and the guy said he didn't care whatever we brought as long as we bring something that's either a drink or snack. I think he has a pool, but I don't have a swimsuit and I'm not shaving my legs just for that, lol. But yeah, it shouldn't be too bad, especially since that one girl that I had such an issue with no longer works at the goat farm (still not sure if she quit or got fired). We also don't have to stay the whole time, but I expect I will since however reluctant I am to go to these kinds of things I end up staying longer than I intend.

I also really want my Lenneth in Demogorgon's Signature to ship soon.

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
little-mythgital

Postby little-mythgital » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:03 am

Been back to the doctor and now they have put me on a mini pill for the time of the months and other medication.
I'm crazy wary about taking them, don't want a repeat of last time or it makes it worse. Don't know what to do...
Ghost_the_Crow

Postby Ghost_the_Crow » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:26 am

Just tried a little something with my Skirt and keffiyeh that I wanted to do but always forgot or procrastinated again ^^

Any opinions?
BBA58043-12D9-482B-9D87-F10FFD5D005A.jpeg

9049677A-D92B-44AA-A461-F0F6FE984E28.jpeg

Btw: it’s also National Selfie day in America, International T-Shirt day and National Sleeping day here in Germany. So here is a selfie of me, wearing a T-Shirt in my bed just because I‘m bored af and thought why the fuck not:

F4A26FA5-7ACB-42A6-8898-EC72DF1B99C6.jpeg

reine

Postby reine » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:01 pm

How easy is it to ship toys? I've never shipped anything before, so I don't know how much to charge for shipping.
:misc4: :doh: I'm probably thinking the process is more complicated than it is, but... gah! I really need to sell some toys, but I don't know how to ship anything, or where to find information on how to ship packages!

I know I need a box and a shipping label, but... that's the extent of my knowledge, haha.
:misc11: :misc8: 33 toys | My collection:
► Show Spoiler
Jasmine

Postby Jasmine » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:42 pm

reine wrote:How easy is it to ship toys? I've never shipped anything before, so I don't know how much to charge for shipping.
:misc4: :doh: I'm probably thinking the process is more complicated than it is, but... gah! I really need to sell some toys, but I don't know how to ship anything, or where to find information on how to ship packages!

I know I need a box and a shipping label, but... that's the extent of my knowledge, haha.

I'm not sure about Canada's postal system, but my experiences with USPS have been great with their flat rate boxes!

Double check the box sizes (especially depth) to make sure the toys will fit inside it first, I made that mistake in the beginning and had to get a larger size :misc6: . When you buy the postage, the box is included in the price if you don't have your own. Otherwise, you can reuse a box and have it weighed to see what type of shipping it qualifies for. Flat rate priority has always been my go-to because it has a tracking number.

It's been a while since I've sold anything, but I think there was an option on Paypal to directly buy postage from them (technically something like Stamps.com I think) and print it out on your own printer. You just tape it on and drop it off at a post office and you're good to go!

Most people don't like bubble mailers because they aren't discreet, but they are usually the cheapest option if you really need something. I just wouldn't recommend it!

Shipping will always be less expensive in your own country. I'm sure you can find a way to get a quote for international shipping, but I know from experience sending a care package to a friend in Hong Kong cost me ~$70 in shipping for sending a hard cover book and some chocolates, even though I had used a flat rate box (what else was I going to do, not send it? that was a sad day for my wallet).

Good luck!
Female | 27 | Married
ImageImage Admirer of shiny dongs
Ghost_the_Crow

Postby Ghost_the_Crow » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:16 pm

reine wrote:How easy is it to ship toys? I've never shipped anything before, so I don't know how much to charge for shipping.

I can only judge by how it works in Germany and even then I‘m not completely sure but it goes like:

-Pack it in a neutral box; just plain brown or white for example

-write/print a label with your and your receivers address on it

-take it to a post office; they weigh it, put postage and everything else it needs on and charge you according to the weight.

That‘s from what I remember. Try looking if your local post services have some kind of instruction on their website (if you haven’t done that already). They should want a smooth process as much as you, or maybe that’s just my overly bureaucratic country...

Edit:
Maybe I already got something to help you:

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpc/en/person ... rcels.page?

Hope that’s the right post service ^^

little-mythgital

Postby little-mythgital » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:37 am

2nd day on the mini pill and it's the waiting game on how this will affect me. Also taking medication for my anxiety now also, becoming like my dad.
I have this weird feeling that the mini pill will effect me badly but not sure. I do have that slight worry also that it could mess up my toy sessions, want to enjoy my toys please. :tinfoil:
Tallon

Postby Tallon » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:20 am

Ghost_the_Crow wrote:Just tried a little something with my Skirt and keffiyeh that I wanted to do but always forgot or procrastinated again ^^

Any opinions?
BBA58043-12D9-482B-9D87-F10FFD5D005A.jpeg

9049677A-D92B-44AA-A461-F0F6FE984E28.jpeg

Btw: it’s also National Selfie day in America, International T-Shirt day and National Sleeping day here in Germany. So here is a selfie of me, wearing a T-Shirt in my bed just because I‘m bored af and thought why the fuck not:

F4A26FA5-7ACB-42A6-8898-EC72DF1B99C6.jpeg

I happen to think the getup is nice, and that you wear it nicely.

Akanisen

Postby Akanisen » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:06 am

I wanna be around the forums more :psyduck:
ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage
Curiosa

Postby Curiosa » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:46 am

That moment you realize you've only got three months left to finish planning your wedding:
► Show Spoiler

It'll probably be fine. We're keeping it small, probably not even gonna exceed 30 guests like we planned. Stillll.... party. An important milestone kind of party. That... tends to stress me out. A lot. Curse my introverted nature!
You can't touch music- but music can touch you.

"Other than everything going completely wrong, it's all going according to plan!"

| 29 | Female | bisexual | married | crazy about rainbows and glitter | avid DIYer | loves knitting & cooking | fan of animation |
Tallon

Postby Tallon » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:12 am

Curiosa wrote:That moment you realize you've only got three months left to finish planning your wedding:
► Show Spoiler

It'll probably be fine. We're keeping it small, probably not even gonna exceed 30 guests like we planned. Stillll.... party. An important milestone kind of party. That... tends to stress me out. A lot. Curse my introverted nature!

I had a relatively small wedding (though the venue was crowded). We were given seats for only 50 guests, but there were *so* many details to work out and the details fell to me because I was technically the bride. I swear the only input my spouse had was the cake flavor. And my maid of honor bailed on me because her husband didn't want to "dress up." I was even late to the wedding itself. But you know what? It'll be great. Things worked out swell. The guests had a blast and I was able to breathe once the ceremony was over. It's been great since!

Good luck!

Niah

Postby Niah » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:17 am

Got my work schedule for July and it's better than I was expecting.

► Show Spoiler

Ghost_the_Crow

Postby Ghost_the_Crow » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:12 pm

TFW your team gets kicked out of the world cup and you just sit there laughing at the hardcore fans and being glad that this shit is over for four years now. Well, two considering the European Cup...

Curiosa

Postby Curiosa » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:47 pm

Tallon wrote:
Curiosa wrote:That moment you realize you've only got three months left to finish planning your wedding:
► Show Spoiler

I had a relatively small wedding (though the venue was crowded). We were given seats for only 50 guests, but there were *so* many details to work out and the details fell to me because I was technically the bride. I swear the only input my spouse had was the cake flavor. And my maid of honor bailed on me because her husband didn't want to "dress up." I was even late to the wedding itself. But you know what? It'll be great. Things worked out swell. The guests had a blast and I was able to breathe once the ceremony was over. It's been great since!

Good luck!

Thank you!

I'm glad we're just having it in my parent's backyard. My folks love gardening and landscaping, and its really pretty that time of year. I've also been saving some apple mead my sister and I brewed a couple years back for toasting, but I'd also like some other, non-alcoholic options since I'm inviting some friends who don't drink. The mead is good, but it packs a punch! :stick:

At this point I'm just delegating to what each of my family does best like "ok sis, you're in charge of decorating" and "Dad you're the expert gardener, you do what you think is best". Stuff like that. I'm baking my own wedding cake- my mom did it, with her wedding, so I'm somewhat making it a tradition. I'm gonna have fun with it. Got the recipe set aside, for both the cake and the frosting, and I'm gonna make the edible decorations ahead of time so we can just slap them on and go.
You can't touch music- but music can touch you.

"Other than everything going completely wrong, it's all going according to plan!"

| 29 | Female | bisexual | married | crazy about rainbows and glitter | avid DIYer | loves knitting & cooking | fan of animation |
Tallon

Postby Tallon » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:26 am

I talked to my psychiatrist about my reliance on alcohol while on potent meds. (Note, it took some courage admitting I have a problem.) She was sympathetic to my current life situation, which has driven me to this. She was concerned for the well-being of my son, and I assured her that I never drank more than the occasional beer around him. Pot is legal in my state, and has proven a safer alternative. She said "I can't believe I'm saying this, but please stick with your 'enhanced' cookies." The one problem I have with pot is that it kills my libido. But I'm willing to make the transition, because right now, alcohol isn't helping and the need to hurt myself is growing.

Return to “General Off Topic”