What's on your mind?

Discuss anything not related to Bad Dragon or the dedicated Forum Categories here! (Generally SFW. Please remember - No RP or Forum games!)
Tallon

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Tallon » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:01 am

KnotyDes wrote:
Jasmine wrote:I started going through my bathroom and throwing out old/expired/"off" items today. I had so many things that I had 'saved' for a special day, only for them to completely lose their scent (or go wildly, nastily off) because I kept waiting!

I really need to get better at only buying what I can use at a time :doh:

It's especially hard with hair products, because there are so many 'what if' type moments. What if I need a special hair treatment? What if I start using hair gel on a daily basis again? What if I need to swap shampoos? What if this product will actually be the holy grail someday that I expected it to be? So I think I'm going to only keep one of each type to try to simplify the pile. My most commonly used gel/hair product combo, one leave-in conditioner, one detangler, one salt spray, one dry shampoo. Not two or three (or four+) of each. No buying new products until I finish these ones up.

Hopefully I'll make some more progress tomorrow!

dis me looking for shampoo IRL

This is me. I hate showers, and would like to find something to fill every need. (Not to say I never shower. I often do. But for some reason I hate it.)
"Ecce! Scintillae!" :laugh:

Married Bisexual Kinky Old Man :stick:
Ghost_the_Crow

Postby Ghost_the_Crow » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:25 am

Tallon wrote:
KnotyDes wrote:
Jasmine wrote:I started going through my bathroom and throwing out old/expired/"off" items today. I had so many things that I had 'saved' for a special day, only for them to completely lose their scent (or go wildly, nastily off) because I kept waiting!

I really need to get better at only buying what I can use at a time :doh:

It's especially hard with hair products, because there are so many 'what if' type moments. What if I need a special hair treatment? What if I start using hair gel on a daily basis again? What if I need to swap shampoos? What if this product will actually be the holy grail someday that I expected it to be? So I think I'm going to only keep one of each type to try to simplify the pile. My most commonly used gel/hair product combo, one leave-in conditioner, one detangler, one salt spray, one dry shampoo. Not two or three (or four+) of each. No buying new products until I finish these ones up.

Hopefully I'll make some more progress tomorrow!

dis me looking for shampoo IRL

This is me. I hate showers, and would like to find something to fill every need. (Not to say I never shower. I often do. But for some reason I hate it.)

Understandable, I think it’s pretty annoying.
But I have to wash my hair every two-three days. Well, I don’t wanna cut it so I have to deal with the hassle of taking showers and drying this massive amount of hair...
Often it takes way more time to do cause I don’t want to begin with it.
Asexual / Gyneromantic / Probably Trans or Genderfluid(?) / Loves Cuddling

"Of course I know what I'm doing." I said, knowing that I didn't.
Tallon

Postby Tallon » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:04 am

So, the "choose us or them" now applies to our friendships and not just for gaming. I don't understand and am extremely unhappy about it. What sane person in their 30's can seriously tell their friends "you have to choose us or her?" This mess doesn't even have anything to do with my spouse and me. This is a fight between two longtime friends.

Their assertion is that my spouse and I have no idea how they're feeling. That we're not taking their feelings into account. That we're being used by this other person who is vindictive (which, after a couple of years, I've never once seen of her), That we're voluntarily standing in the middle of a "blood feud." NO... they put us there. I just want everyone to get along or get on with their lives. I totally know the feeling-- we've been on the other side of this situation several times. But the fun thing about growig up is letting water go under the bridge, and NOT involve my other friends.

The killer in all this is that my son is best friends with their sons. It was his first sleepover, his only requested birthday guests, his online gaming companions. What on earth do I tell this boy? "You can't see your best friend anymore because their parents don't like us anymore."

I'm too old for this crap!

Noll

Postby Noll » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:03 am

Tallon wrote:So, the "choose us or them" now applies to our friendships and not just for gaming. I don't understand and am extremely unhappy about it. What sane person in their 30's can seriously tell their friends "you have to choose us or her?" This mess doesn't even have anything to do with my spouse and me. This is a fight between two longtime friends.

Their assertion is that my spouse and I have no idea how they're feeling. That we're not taking their feelings into account. That we're being used by this other person who is vindictive (which, after a couple of years, I've never once seen of her), That we're voluntarily standing in the middle of a "blood feud." NO... they put us there. I just want everyone to get along or get on with their lives. I totally know the feeling-- we've been on the other side of this situation several times. But the fun thing about growig up is letting water go under the bridge, and NOT involve my other friends.

The killer in all this is that my son is best friends with their sons. It was his first sleepover, his only requested birthday guests, his online gaming companions. What on earth do I tell this boy? "You can't see your best friend anymore because their parents don't like us anymore."

I'm too old for this crap!

I'm sorry you have to go through this kind of crap. I had friends that ried to bully me into taking their side against another friend in a conflic I had no part in too. I spent a few weeks in a limbo having to hear about each side of the argument and being told to choose.

I finally had enough and just told them that I had enough and that I wouldn't choose, that their conflict wasn't mine and that I liked them, but that I was getting tired of being pulled around and I would stand for it no more. I wouldn't listen to this anymore, and that was it. If needed we'd take some time off from each other until things cooled off, but I was in no way mad at them. However I would not hear from it again. Should it come to that I would be super sad to loose their friendship, but I wouldn't be used as a ragdoll anymore.

Things could've turned out bad but it didn't and we all remained friends. They still don't talk to each other to this day but it doesn't matter anymore. This kind of situation was already foolish in kindergarden.

The fact that your kid's friendship could be impacted is bad on their part. Damn you sure have a dilemma on your hands. I hope it's going to be solved soon and that venting helped you feel at least a little better.
List of toys owned in profile.
Tallon

Postby Tallon » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:50 pm

Things seem to be ironed out with my friends a little, for the time being. My spouse paid them a visit to get a good face-to-face rather than another text fight. They made understandable arguments that were, for some reason, omitted from the previous arguments. They admitted that what they did to us was crappy on their part, and offered after my spouse left to come visit me and apologize to my face. In their talk with my spouse, they did say some admirable things and offered proof that the other party was causing waves. In the long run, we still have our friends and my son still has his. As for the other party, we're left wondering how to handle the situation. I like her, though it was *hinted* that she's been talking trash about my spouse and me. Again, too old for this crap. This isn't high school. :unamused:

Jasmine

Postby Jasmine » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:03 pm

Tallon wrote: :words:

I'm glad that there's some progress with your friends! I'm really happy to hear the update! Still rough that they're at odds with the other party, but at least you don't have to worry about the kiddos.

--

In my campaign, I've tried *so hard* to adapt to the murder hobo type playing that everyone does. But apparently I'm still a pillar of ethics and morals or something, because everyone gives me the look and asks 'Can we kill them?' at every. fucking. point. of combat. :psyduck:

We're in an enemy camp right now, trying to find information. I mildly suggest we actually talk to the NPCs that have such information before we kill everything. But now we're in the middle of the camp, and it feels like nobody wants to actually engage in combat because we're wildly outnumbered with the number of people behind us. They complained at the lack of combat, but aren't willing to pick fights now at our location.

So now I feel like I ruined the dungeon because I wanted to gain our next plot hook through talking, rather than running in guns blazing and taking out clusters as we went. Hopefully things go better this week.

:unamused:
ImageImage
little-mythgital

Postby little-mythgital » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:07 am

Been slow days for me at the moment, I feel so low at the moment I just want to curl up and play games. At least I can gather that small bit of strength to tidy up and do a bit of art. Tidying is taking forever though...
Haven't talked to my ex-boyfriend for a while now, I got to the point of 'Enough!' He keeps going on about how much he misses me and how much it hurts, he seems to hint at how it's all my fault for the suffering. I just can't see him, how pushy he was and my terrible health at the moment, just don't want to be stressed out. Haven't been out of the house for about 2 weeks now due to how much stress and anxiety I have, being ill and it goes on...
At least with the tidying is made me feel that bit better for the short while, organising and throwing random rubbish out, also getting rid of some stuff.
Ordered a dragon ottoman box online to put all my craft stuff in.
Want to try and get out soon, want to hunt for some Jurassic stuff and preorder a dragon plush from my local Toy Bear shop. Also pick up some miniatures, the new Troggoths are gorgeous.
Harbenz

Postby Harbenz » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:50 pm

I accidentally discovered that an online UK store has a clearance sale on Oxballs toys and I couldn't resist and I bought two toys... but I feel bad because it's a totally impulsive purchase, it was not on my wish list, I've run out of storage space and, supposedly, I'm trying to save. I fooled myself into thinking that they are ridiculously cheap and I can always sell them (I don't know if this brand sells well at second hand), but I'm aware that I should not do this again, sometimes I wonder if the "addiction" thing could not be just a joke. Sigh... am I being too dramatic?
Resistance is futile.
► Show Spoiler
little-mythgital

Postby little-mythgital » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:18 am

Got to take some Iron supplements how my doctor recognised that I'm showing signs of iron deficiency, could of been the reason why I feel so terrible. Taking the supplement in liquid form and it tastes horrible :doh: Funny enough she wouldn't prescribe me it even though it was important.
Doesn't help with the depression either so it's really hard to get anything done at the moment, just want to curl up all the time and play games.

I was talking to my sister yesterday as she came round and we both agreed about how our cousin's wife won't stop spamming on her new group page for selling beauty and body stuff, it is quite annoying. We know she is trying to run a business but about 5-7 posts a day with numerous bumping.... Why did my cousin invite me in the first place... oh wait I just wanted to be kind and not reject the invite. Apparently turning off notifs don't work either.

Family wants me to get back into writing, I asked about writing children's picture books and they think I should. Just ordered some from a deal to get some ideas and stuff. How I tend to draw more than write and writing detailed pieces is a pain sometimes, would be nice to write something basic for once.
Jasmine

Postby Jasmine » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:19 am

Iron supplements taste terrible, no matter what form they're in :doh: Sympathy on that. Which reminds me, I need to be better at taking my Vitamin D...

I hesitated on getting an Instant Pot for a couple of years because it seemed to be such a fad, but I'm really glad I got one for Christmas. It's far from being *instant*, but it's been heating up the apartment less than my crockpot did. Plus it doesn't smell like food all day while I'm at home lol! Tonight I'm going to try beef short ribs for the first time; I've had them before in restaurants, never attempted at home though. Hopefully they turn out well :)
ImageImage
little-mythgital

Postby little-mythgital » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:15 am

I was always remember when to take them because I shut down as soon as I get ready in the morning to do stuff :laugh:
Still can't get used to the taste, it has malt, honey and orange flavours but it's still disgusting.

Previous mention of my cousin's wife's spam. Now she is posting pictures of her kids, on this selling group. I have no clue what her kids have to do with selling bottles of face cleaner or body wash, then she pastes pictures of her kids everywhere so it's no surprise. Also yes I don't like her, many members of the family don't like her.
Ghost_the_Crow

Postby Ghost_the_Crow » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:08 am

I‘m currently trying to figure out the name of a show I saw years ago.
It was some weird mix of dark story and comedy I think. I‘m pretty sure I saw it on Comedy Central.
The series took place in a small british village from what I remember and run for not even a year here.

If anyone knows the name please tell me, I‘m starting to lose my sanity D:
Seems like I can’t find anything online and I seem to be the only one remembering it.
Asexual / Gyneromantic / Probably Trans or Genderfluid(?) / Loves Cuddling

"Of course I know what I'm doing." I said, knowing that I didn't.
little-mythgital

Postby little-mythgital » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:58 am

Thinking of getting a tablet or something just to put all the Warhammer hobby apps on and for playing music when I am in the spare room working on sculptures or miniatures. Will hopefully keep me distracted from going on social media stuff, very used to working while music is playing the quiet just makes it feel weird and boring. Might see about finding a second-hand one as I don't feel like spending a lot just for the small purpose.
My dad says to me just use my phone but the cable is not long enough to have it sitting on the table and out of the way, playing music on it drains at such speed also, there is the social media apps ever trying to get my attention also.
May feel lazy about it but it feels a better choice getting a decent one and the laptop will take up too much space, plus with that being old there is no security on it at the moment.
Then there is the small concerns getting a second hand one but the places that sell them usually check them well.
Jasmine

Postby Jasmine » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:40 pm

After seeing commercials for it for the past two months, I finally was able to find the newest diet coke flavors in our area! The strawberry guava flavor is actually pretty nice imo :blush:

I'll have to try the blueberry acai next. I'm not sure how I feel about the revamped lime and cherry flavors (zesty and spiced are not words that attract me to soda lol), but I am a sucker for berry flavors. Raspberry diet coke from one of the big custom coke machines is one of my favorites!
ImageImage
Hephaistos

Postby Hephaistos » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:21 pm

My Birthday is coming closer and I might as well get myself a present. Since I work on my holidays, it's probably even deserved.
I want something for depth, thinking of Chance or Ika L-XL but I'm not sure...
On the other hand a slink (SquarePeg Toys in L) would be better for training but not as nice as a BD toy.
At last but not least a boring "tentacle" can't compare to the ecstatic and grace of a huge horse dong. :excited:

What do you think? Is there something else I should consider?
AtomtheInsane

Postby AtomtheInsane » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:04 pm

so I haven't been on the forums in ages.
I keep thinking of friends I met from here and hoping they're doing well.
In other parts of my mind I've been stressed and anxious because I'm worried about my father in law who just had bi pass surgery and work has been busy just feel like things are piling up mentally I've been exhausted and physically as well.

He's doing fine I'm just worrying about it lol but so is everyone else.
little-mythgital

Postby little-mythgital » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:15 am

It's been quiet days lately, well trying to get those quiet days. It's been mostly stress and anxiety. Feel like leaving Facebook because my aunts won't stop posting stuff that deeply upsets me, can't really ask for it to stop so it's just a ignore and carry on but when it's slapped in the face when scrolling through...
At least not being in contact with my ex-boyfriend reduced that bit of my depression, how he would hint-blame me for things.

Also I question myself how long does one have to wait for some sketches from an artist, been waiting since about July. I have an understanding there was many many months of issues that popped up for the artist, they've been back for a while now doing a lot of personal art. I'm just confused right now :unamused: About $40+ worth of sketches.
There is another I am waiting on from a different artist, since December, a more erotic piece of two of my characters.
I actually had this discussion with an artist I usually commission, she said about my patience being impressive. Well yes I'm a patient person but the lack of updates and the constant personal work is starting to nibble on that patience. I understand that artists need that space to do personal work.
Well might sit down and fill in some colouring books, waiting for it to warm up so I can sand a sculpture commission later on. Don't want to do it inside.

Return to “General Off Topic”