30 Day Workout!

Where the old and dusty threads lie. Harken back to the days of yore and reminisce on posts from another era! (Old OT threads go here.)

30 Day Workout!

Postby logitech » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:45 pm

So there are a few of these floating around and a lot of people have been saying they want to get back in shape, so why not give it a shot?

It's quite simple. Each day, do the prescribed number of exercises. That's it. Don't worry if it's not the beginning of the month, it doesn't matter! Just start at day 1. Each one has built-in rest days so you don't overdo it and it's really easy to make this part of your daily routine. You don't need any special gear, all you need is your body. There's no time limit to how long each exercise should take, just do them as fast as you're able. Be sure, however, to do them properly so that you get the full benefit and reduce the risk of injury. If something doesn't feel right, STOP.

If you're comfortable, post a starting picture and update with your progress as the weeks go by. You'd be surprised how big a difference 30 days can make if you stick with it!

There are several different areas you can target so feel free to pick and choose whichever calendars you want. You don't have to do them all, but you're more than welcome to! Not a beginner but looking to up your game? Try the advanced versions of these simple workouts.

Beginner pushups:

Advanced pushups:

Beginner Squats:

Advanced Squats:

Abs:

For advanced abs you can add 10 to everything on the above calendar.

So that's it, folks. Simple stuff, right? Right. Now get off the couch and get to it!
Last edited by logitech on Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
29/M/Single Looking for friends/partners
Always available to chat, feel free to shoot me a PM/IM at any time :)
logitech

Re: 30 Day Workout!

Postby ~Kira~ » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:04 am

Awesome, thanks!

So glad I only have to do 3 on the first day...
________________________________________________________________________________________________
| Female|| Gender fluid || 22 || Single || ❤ || Boobs || PM me || Pan || Horny Vampire |
Want to help me get a toy from my wishlist? Send a PM!

FUCK YOU WEATHER I NEED A SLUSHIE!
I survived the forum outage of 2013!
~Kira~

Postby Haydemw37 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:10 am

bookmarking thread to remind myself to get started tomorrow! I'll try to also get a before pic set up, kind excited to see how much of a difference it will make since before I started uni I had somewhat of a nice flat/toned stomach but too many coffee dates with friends and late night work has made it kind of shuffle behind a bit of fat...

Dammit you have me determined now to get back to a more toned shape now! if only it weren't 2am I might actually feel like starting now :P
22/male/gay/taken
Pm's are welcome or you should add me on Skype (Haydenw37) if you want to chat or have some fun.
Haydemw37

Postby Haydemw37 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:43 pm

Ok Day 1 done and dusted. I think I may have been a bit too ambitious, but feeling good about taking on the more advanced push-up challenge. The reps required for the last week or so look a bit daunting, but I think it will be something nice to aim towards.
EDIT: Probably should add I'm also working on the beginner squats as well as the 'Ab challenge'
Also I said I'd try to get a pic ready, had to take a few too many shots to get one I was happy with, but here it is:
Attachments
DSC02584.JPG
Workout Challenge Day 1
Last edited by Haydemw37 on Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
22/male/gay/taken
Pm's are welcome or you should add me on Skype (Haydenw37) if you want to chat or have some fun.
Haydemw37

Postby AtomtheInsane » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:59 pm

I'm doing the abs, advanced squats, and beginner's pushups. (My upper body needs the work on day 2 myself o.o ...55 squats left me jelly legged though lol)
AtomtheInsane

Postby ~Kira~ » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:22 am

Okay, started today. It's hard because I'm fucking heavy and everything hurts. Probably because of the weird stuff I did.
________________________________________________________________________________________________
| Female|| Gender fluid || 22 || Single || ❤ || Boobs || PM me || Pan || Horny Vampire |

~Kira~

Postby Kitten » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:34 am

Looks like fun, I'm gonna start the squat challenge tonight. I have great upper body strength, I need to work on my leg strength.
Kitty Tentacles!
Checklist Bio
Kitten

Postby ~Kira~ » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:32 pm

Okay help. Hiw am I supposed to do this when everything hurts? It's even worse today.

~Kira~

Postby Haydemw37 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:32 am

~Kira~ wrote:Okay help. Hiw am I supposed to do this when everything hurts? It's even worse today.

Yeah, same boat over here. The whole region from shoulder to shoulder across my chest feels so tight after the past 2 days of the push-ups routine. Stomach is doing surprisingly well, even when I doubled the crunches this morning!
I've got some muscle relaxant cream that I used to use way back when I was active and was a football umpire (despite me not really enjoying the game I did that for four years, I guess I just enjoyed running...) and it seems to help a little bit, glad I don't have work for a couple of days though :P
22/male/gay/taken
Haydemw37

Postby Intrepid Niddering » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:14 pm

If only I knew how to do a squat...

Seriously. I have a tendency to feel like I'm just going to collapse if I go any lower than halfway, and if I do manage to get myself lower, I can't get back up... then I fall over.
I'm such a rebel; when a recipe calls for one teaspoon of cinnamon, I put in two.

Operation: Invade Atlanta
Intrepid Niddering

Postby Mongrel Vixen » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:35 pm

Fiance and I started this today! 30 squats are haaaaaard. ;o
Xanthos ✦ painted dog ✦ bisex/engaged ✦ bad dragon bitch ✦ Part time Pony-girl
Mongrel Vixen

Postby choco » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:55 pm

This is good! Good build-up; now I just need the motivation to start.
choco

Postby Virae » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:23 am

I started the squat challenge some time ago, currently I'm at day 12.
I'm kind of cheating though since most of the days I do more than the schedule says: squats in the morning and then again in the evening :P probably won't be able to manage that near the end though when the number of squats increases even more

this also might be helpful
http://youtu.be/7kzSgz9JIIU

and
http://youtu.be/D1M_2y3BXTg
------------------
Please don't pm me if you're looking to cam/get nude photos/cyber/sexytalk. I don't share anything other than the things I post on BD
Virae

Postby SakuSteel » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:28 pm

Woo, I've been looking for ways to improve my belly, butt, and legs.
Photo 1.jpg

Photo 2.jpg

No noticeable results yet :P
but I'm slender as it is, and just want more tone. c:
20/GAY/single
SakuSteel

Postby logitech » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:35 am

Haydemw37 wrote:
~Kira~ wrote:Okay help. Hiw am I supposed to do this when everything hurts? It's even worse today.

Yeah, same boat over here. The whole region from shoulder to shoulder across my chest feels so tight after the past 2 days of the push-ups routine. Stomach is doing surprisingly well, even when I doubled the crunches this morning!
I've got some muscle relaxant cream that I used to use way back when I was active and was a football umpire (despite me not really enjoying the game I did that for four years, I guess I just enjoyed running...) and it seems to help a little bit, glad I don't have work for a couple of days though :P

You could try doing some basic stretches before you start. Sometimes not limbering up before even the most basic exercise can leave you sore afterwards.
29/M/Single Looking for friends/partners
Always available to chat, feel free to shoot me a PM/IM at any time :)
logitech

Postby ~Kira~ » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:40 am

Starting again because I had to rest until the pain was gone. :)

~Kira~

Postby Intrepid Niddering » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:08 am

logitech wrote:You could try doing some basic stretches before you start..

...what are some basic stretches?
I'm such a rebel; when a recipe calls for one teaspoon of cinnamon, I put in two.

Operation: Invade Atlanta
Intrepid Niddering

Postby ~Kira~ » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:32 am

Intrepid Niddering wrote:
logitech wrote:You could try doing some basic stretches before you start..

...what are some basic stretches?

You can google them, I found a site with good explanations for the stretches.

For anyone who wants to make this a bit more interesting (and daring) you could do the first dare I posted here: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=14525&start=140#p787899

~Kira~

Postby Virae » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:05 pm

I'm at day 14 in my 30 day squat challenge. Decided to see if there was any noticable difference.
And I think there is. Not very obvious but my behind is rounder it'd seem :3
Left picture is day 1, right picture is day 14. 16 more days to go!
Day 14 compared.jpg

also I decided to start this challenge (minus the squats listed on it, since I'm already doing those from another challenge)
edit: I replaced the squats from this schedule with crunches, and matched the number of crunches with the number of situps required. So if a day has 25 situps, I do 25 situps and 25 crunches.
30-day-challenge-1.jpg
Last edited by Virae on Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
------------------
Please don't pm me if you're looking to cam/get nude photos/cyber/sexytalk. I don't share anything other than the things I post on BD
Virae

Postby ~Kira~ » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:08 am

Day 2 done. I also do 30 minutes on the hometrainer bike. Wonder how long it will take before I see some changes. It was easier today and no pain from yesterday's workout!

~Kira~

Next

Return to General Off Topic Archive