What's on your mind?

Discuss anything not related to Bad Dragon or the dedicated Forum Categories here! (Generally SFW. Please remember - No RP or Forum games!)
User avatar
Kimmo
Posts: 6511
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:59 am
Gender: CIS Male

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Kimmo » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:47 am

Rainbow Dasher wrote:
The closest fire was in a town that is about 35 - 40 minutes away, by car. We had a hazy, grey/orange sky for about three days. The smoke smell was permeating the entire house, and it was horrible. It was even "raining" ash.

had the same situation last summer.
we left the area as it was clearing up and we went literally half the country away until the smoke cleared up completely. that's about half the length of California as a comparison.
One happy tear for a good friend.
User avatar
alphys
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:17 am
Gender: Who knows?!

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby alphys » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:03 am

deleted
Last edited by alphys on Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Kimmo
Posts: 6511
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:59 am
Gender: CIS Male

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Kimmo » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:13 am

now imagine being a teacher at the same time xD

luckily, I've got at least two or three years before any of my pupils should be showing up here xD

that said, you never know!
One happy tear for a good friend.
User avatar
sapphire
Posts: 1335
Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:20 pm

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby sapphire » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:45 am

excited to get my first core firmness toy :blush:
too bad there are still sharks having a party in my uterus :eyeroll:
3TK
Posts: 407
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:55 pm

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby 3TK » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:04 am

.
Last edited by 3TK on Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Volvie
Posts: 1410
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:50 am
Gender: Transgender [Female pronouns]
Location: The Great Below

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Volvie » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:09 pm

3TK wrote:Got done with work pretty early this week. Likely would've been earlier, but ugh, burnt myself out. :doh:

I also did my first pledge to a Kickstarter. :surprised: Didn't think I'd ever do that, but this seems to be going well and it's made double it's amount from goal and it just seems to keep going up. A little nervous, but...also excited to see how this goes. :widesmile: No fuss if I lose out on a couple of bucks.



Always be prepared for things to not go well, delayed or cancelled. I've backed behind several Kickstarters and with three of them video games, haven't seen the full completion of those yet, with one of them (Mighty N0.9) being a complete train wreck. However the comic and two board games i've backed have been completed and were fantastically done. I hope your funds are utilized well!
"Remember, there might be some Momentary Discomfort "
Image
"End this. What I seek is far greater."
User avatar
Rainbow Dasher
Posts: 10490
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:25 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Australia

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:12 pm

Rain! It is definitely needed down here. The smoke is gone and it was much easier to sleep last night.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
3TK
Posts: 407
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:55 pm

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby 3TK » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:19 pm

.
Last edited by 3TK on Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Volvie
Posts: 1410
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:50 am
Gender: Transgender [Female pronouns]
Location: The Great Below

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Volvie » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:29 pm

3TK wrote:
Volvie wrote:Always be prepared for things to not go well, delayed or cancelled. I've backed behind several Kickstarters and with three of them video games, haven't seen the full completion of those yet, with one of them (Mighty N0.9) being a complete train wreck. However the comic and two board games i've backed have been completed and were fantastically done. I hope your funds are utilized well!

Thanks, and I hope so, too! :smilenox:

I typically don't do a lot of spending unless I know I can bite the buck and afford the loss if I don't like the product (or in this case, things don't come through). I appreciate the kind words of warning, though. :misc2: :widesmile:



It's my pleasure dear!

I just know that kickstarter has exploded and been taken advantage of too often to count. Once in a blue moon I'll look and see about backing something, however I think I'm done with video game backing. It's been a subject of controversy for too long and without proper repercussions dealt to the offenders. The worst part is the dishonesty, where someone comes asking for money to fund their dream goal/project and then after it's done you find out they had a "surprise" investor or publisher from a company. Transparency is very vital to these things and I don't think they're regulated all that well.

What's on my mind? Card games xP. Been obsessed with them all month. Magic and Pokemon cards to be specific. I just keep bouncing back n forth with my main hobbies, but Board games and TGCs have been my main fix as of late. Video games mostly have been a major afterthought for me, though they're less expensive than collecting and protecting cards xD! But it's so worth keeping them safe. I collected Magic cards back in 1995, I was like 6 or 7 and had a TON of them, played, collected and traded a good deal of them, sadly not all of them ended up in fantastic condition (though you'd be surprised how many survived 20 years or play and being tossed between 3 houses) and I found out the other day that one of mine that is a tad bit creases/worn is actually worth $30, I mean I wouldn't sell it even if the card was in perfect condition, just a shame that a Rare was one of the ones to get damaged xD! I do have a Legendary Creature card from the older days in near perfect condition :p
"Remember, there might be some Momentary Discomfort "
Image
"End this. What I seek is far greater."
User avatar
Kimmo
Posts: 6511
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:59 am
Gender: CIS Male

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Kimmo » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:49 pm

I have way too many cards xD

so many boxes...
currently I have an excess of 40 decent decks and rares for at least five or six more. lands galore too.
One happy tear for a good friend.
User avatar
Akanisen
Posts: 7114
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:58 pm
Gender: Male(FtM), Pansexual, Demi-poly-romantic
Contact:

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Akanisen » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:50 pm

Finally finished my winston review and have it up. Here if anyone want's to read it: http://mytoybyte.tumblr.com/post/138205 ... nstonstail
ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage
User avatar
Kinky_Condesce
Posts: 1164
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:46 pm

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Kinky_Condesce » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:58 pm

sapphire wrote:excited to get my first core firmness toy :blush:
too bad there are still sharks having a party in my uterus :eyeroll:

I'm never going to refer to it as my period again
(however this did remind me that there are species of sharks that eat each other in the womb...talk about a bloody party ._.)


as for what's on my mind, my mom got diagnosed with cancer a few weeks ago, and they just found out it is the same type that causes cervical cancer (I forgot the name of it, ugh, it's been a clusterfuck the past few weeks, can't even think straight!)
And it never showed up on any bloodwork or other medical tests, and apparently doesn't.
The only reason she even found out was because the mass was growing in an obvious place and she went to get it checked out.
That's scary as shit. We were all hopeful it wasn't cancer because there was nothing abnormal about her blood tests. WHELP.
I had no idea that kind of cancer can manifest outside of that area.

edit:
Akanisen wrote:Finally finished my winston review and have it up. Here if anyone want's to read it: http://mytoybyte.tumblr.com/post/138205 ... nstonstail


Nice review!
I've been thinking of getting a medium tail, so even if I can't take the whole thing it's something to work up to, but small does look like it would be better for some quick anal play :nomnom:
4Sale:Small/soft EE OrcaThread here!
User avatar
Akanisen
Posts: 7114
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:58 pm
Gender: Male(FtM), Pansexual, Demi-poly-romantic
Contact:

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Akanisen » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:10 pm

Kinky_Condesce wrote:edit:
Akanisen wrote:Finally finished my winston review and have it up. Here if anyone want's to read it: http://mytoybyte.tumblr.com/post/138205 ... nstonstail


Nice review!
I've been thinking of getting a medium tail, so even if I can't take the whole thing it's something to work up to, but small does look like it would be better for some quick anal play :nomnom:

Thanks! It was my first review so I wasn't sure if people would like it or not.

Anyway, what's on my mind:

Why does everyone who plays spookys house of jumpscares get close to the posters to read them! It's pixlated and easier to read far away! :doh:
ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage
User avatar
sapphire
Posts: 1335
Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:20 pm

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby sapphire » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:14 pm

Kinky_Condesce wrote:
as for what's on my mind, my mom got diagnosed with cancer a few weeks ago, and they just found out it is the same type that causes cervical cancer (I forgot the name of it, ugh, it's been a clusterfuck the past few weeks, can't even think straight!)
And it never showed up on any bloodwork or other medical tests, and apparently doesn't.
The only reason she even found out was because the mass was growing in an obvious place and she went to get it checked out.
That's scary as shit. We were all hopeful it wasn't cancer because there was nothing abnormal about her blood tests. WHELP.
I had no idea that kind of cancer can manifest outside of that area.


Oh my goodness I am so sorry to hear that, how terrible! :( I wish you and your mom the best
User avatar
Sean
Posts: 978
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:39 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Maryland
Contact:

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Sean » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:23 pm

Oh gosh I want a master/owner so bad...
18 / Male / Bisexual / Mated
Masochist / Submissive / Kitten

Toy Count: 11 Insertables/3 Plugs
User avatar
Akanisen
Posts: 7114
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:58 pm
Gender: Male(FtM), Pansexual, Demi-poly-romantic
Contact:

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Akanisen » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:29 pm

Kinky_Condesce wrote:as for what's on my mind, my mom got diagnosed with cancer a few weeks ago, and they just found out it is the same type that causes cervical cancer (I forgot the name of it, ugh, it's been a clusterfuck the past few weeks, can't even think straight!)
And it never showed up on any bloodwork or other medical tests, and apparently doesn't.
The only reason she even found out was because the mass was growing in an obvious place and she went to get it checked out.
That's scary as shit. We were all hopeful it wasn't cancer because there was nothing abnormal about her blood tests. WHELP.
I had no idea that kind of cancer can manifest outside of that area.

That's horrible D: Warm wishes to your mom! :misc2:
ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage
User avatar
MilesLupine
Posts: 1384
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:15 am
Gender: Male, bi/pan, somewhat genderfluid
Location: Southeastern Ohio

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby MilesLupine » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:08 pm

So got in a ton of Magic the Gathering cards today. Was not able to process all of them since got individual sleeves for each card so have a tool kit to deal with tomorrow along with a commander format deck I have coming in.
Lyrics fitting my mood/are inspiring: From Chemical Interference by Dragonforce
"I am what I choose to be, I lose grip on reality
And I have nothing to atone
All your morals thrown in vain, I know my pleasure is my pain
But I'm gonna make it on my own."
Image Arts and more arts.
User avatar
Volvie
Posts: 1410
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:50 am
Gender: Transgender [Female pronouns]
Location: The Great Below

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Volvie » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:09 pm

MilesLupine wrote:So got in a ton of Magic the Gathering cards today. Was not able to process all of them since got individual sleeves for each card so have a tool kit to deal with tomorrow along with a commander format deck I have coming in.



^_____________^

*likes very much* :laugh:
"Remember, there might be some Momentary Discomfort "
Image
"End this. What I seek is far greater."
User avatar
BiosBits
Posts: 656
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:08 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Arkansas

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby BiosBits » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:02 pm

I hate it when stores try to get people into getting the credit card by saying it's not a credit card. I went to Victoria's secret and the sales person told me about this amazing card (angel card) that is not a credit card and I can earn points and get free panties. She seems pushy about it and I told her to give me space. If a credit card gives me many good deals, I suspect paying a lot for it later.
User avatar
Esuna
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:40 pm
Gender: Female

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Esuna » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:14 pm

BiosBits wrote:I hate it when stores try to get people into getting the credit card by saying it's not a credit card. I went to Victoria's secret and the sales person told me about this amazing card (angel card) that is not a credit card and I can earn points and get free panties. She seems pushy about it and I told her to give me space. If a credit card gives me many good deals, I suspect paying a lot for it later.


Like maybe an annual fee or high APR (after intro period)? That sounds like something they would try to weasel you into.

I get offers in the mail that make themselves sound great and then they are all "No Annual Fee for the first year, then $95 annual fee!" Or "0.00% APR for the first 18 months, then 19.99% Variable APR" or something like that. In other words, this is a cruddy offer! Off to the recycling and shredder you go! With all the others! :misc14:

Return to “General Off Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests