What's on your mind?

Discuss anything not related to Bad Dragon or the dedicated Forum Categories here! (Generally SFW. Please remember - No RP or Forum games!)
Akanisen

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Akanisen » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:55 am

While waiting for people to approve current work on commissions I managed to get a sketch done for the anthro form of my pony sona. I quite like it so far.
ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage
MilesLupine

Postby MilesLupine » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:56 am

Haven't really been able to get well rested for work this week because late shift at the very start :psyduck: at least weekend off.
Lyrics fitting my mood/are inspiring: From Chemical Interference by Dragonforce
"I am what I choose to be, I lose grip on reality
And I have nothing to atone
All your morals thrown in vain, I know my pleasure is my pain
But I'm gonna make it on my own."
Image Arts and more arts.
EvL
Gender: Mostly female but born with some extra bits inside.

Postby EvL » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:10 am

It's 4:10am and I cannot go the fuck to sleep. :(
What is restless leg syndrome and a truckload of chronic pain for $400, Alex?

:crying:
Fire_Wolf

Postby Fire_Wolf » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:45 am

Yay, my one day off this week, no plans (other than forums) I'm thinking a day if rest and relaxation before the beginning of a long work week.
Name: Fenrisulfr, 26/M/PM's welcome.
► Show Spoiler
namgod

Postby namgod » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:55 am

Have the day off, and get to go to a appreciation dinner this evening, so yay free food. Lol :liplick:
Jasmine

Postby Jasmine » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:13 am

BiosBits wrote:I hate it when stores try to get people into getting the credit card by saying it's not a credit card. I went to Victoria's secret and the sales person told me about this amazing card (angel card) that is not a credit card and I can earn points and get free panties. She seems pushy about it and I told her to give me space. If a credit card gives me many good deals, I suspect paying a lot for it later.

Most likely it has an annual fee and a high APR. If you're going to go with a store card, it's typically better to go with a large department store like Macy's or Nordstroms. When you're building up a credit history, it's a good idea to get a couple of cards (that you use less than 20% of the limit and ALWAYS pay the full balance) to show that you're responsible and stuff. It's... not the most logical thing (why have lots of accounts open when you can just manage one?), but banks like seeing that you know how to handle various lines of credit and that can increase your chance of getting a lower interest rate on house/auto/personal loans.

But make sure to read the terms and conditions and don't go hog wild and buy things you can't afford to pay off.

Little rant aside, I also don't like getting pushed with cards. It was the worst part of working at B&N... I love the company, but the $25 membership was a pain in the ass to hand-sell. It used to be so much better when Borders was around, but then they dropped a lot of the discounts because there was less competition :unamused:
ImageImage
Kinky_Condesce

Postby Kinky_Condesce » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:36 am

Akanisen wrote:
Kinky_Condesce wrote:as for what's on my mind, my mom got diagnosed with cancer a few weeks ago, and they just found out it is the same type that causes cervical cancer (I forgot the name of it, ugh, it's been a clusterfuck the past few weeks, can't even think straight!)
And it never showed up on any bloodwork or other medical tests, and apparently doesn't.
The only reason she even found out was because the mass was growing in an obvious place and she went to get it checked out.
That's scary as shit. We were all hopeful it wasn't cancer because there was nothing abnormal about her blood tests. WHELP.
I had no idea that kind of cancer can manifest outside of that area.

That's horrible D: Warm wishes to your mom! :misc2:

<3 thank you
Docs say it's 100% curable, but she's still going to have to go through both chemo and radiation therapy.
4Sale:Small/soft EE OrcaThread here!
An0maly

Postby An0maly » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:11 am

What's on my mind is too dark to be posted in public.
Fire_Wolf

Postby Fire_Wolf » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:57 am

An0maly wrote:What's on my mind is too dark to be posted in public.

Oo, you have my attention.....

And what in my mind...where did this cut on my finger come from.....from the looks of it Probably happened yesterday... :angry:
Name: Fenrisulfr, 26/M/PM's welcome.
► Show Spoiler
Niah

Postby Niah » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:09 pm

Doing some gaming later, I think. Well, I'd probably be doing gaming right now, but I'm trying to decide if I want to go ahead and get the two toys I'd like to get or if I want to wait a while. Bank account indicates that I should probably wait a bit (both would cost me $165 + shipping), but my eyes tell me that I really want that Crash and that Elden would look lovely in Jupiter. Good thing someone grabbed that lovely rogue turquoise Hanns last night/early this morning, and it's good that I've decided that Nocturne isn't for me right now and that other than a medium Crash and a medium Elden, there aren't any other toys that really appeal to me at the moment. Tempted to go for it anyway and maybe add another keychain or a pack of teenies and just be done with it (another bottle of lube too, maybe). Ugh. Decisions decisions.
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
Kimmo

Postby Kimmo » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:08 pm

Have been doing some singing exercises and found what I've been expecting for some time; I've got no overlap between my falsetto/head voice and either of my Soft voice or opera voice without straining my voice.
I can comfortably go as low as D4 with my falsetto and as high as D4 with my opera voice. The problem comes in when I can't go lower than E4 with my head voice without straining my voice. I'm guessing this is what results in that "Jump" that people get when they try to slide into falsetto.

For reference my values are:
Sv F# - C4
Ov G2 - D4
Hv E4 - D5
F D4 - E5

So soft voice and falsetto don't join up and opera voice and Head voice don't join up. Does anyone know how to breach that gap or is it just practice?
One happy tear for a good friend.
Niah

Postby Niah » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:51 pm

In reference to my above post, I went for it anyway. Didn't add teenies or another keychain, just a bottle of lube. Got that Crash and a medium/5 Elden in Jupiter.

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
Kinky_Condesce

Postby Kinky_Condesce » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:43 pm

Niah wrote:Doing some gaming later, I think. Well, I'd probably be doing gaming right now, but I'm trying to decide if I want to go ahead and get the two toys I'd like to get or if I want to wait a while. Bank account indicates that I should probably wait a bit (both would cost me $165 + shipping), but my eyes tell me that I really want that Crash and that Elden would look lovely in Jupiter. Good thing someone grabbed that lovely rogue turquoise Hanns last night/early this morning, and it's good that I've decided that Nocturne isn't for me right now and that other than a medium Crash and a medium Elden, there aren't any other toys that really appeal to me at the moment. Tempted to go for it anyway and maybe add another keychain or a pack of teenies and just be done with it (another bottle of lube too, maybe). Ugh. Decisions decisions.

Havin' kinda the same chrisis. I have two toys I want to get, and some merch from somewere else. It's not that I don't have the money, but I like to get everything all at once, and that would be a rather large chunk of cash.

So I usually end up waiting a few extra weeks to get some money from commissions/selling other toys/my BF being awesome and tossing me some cash every now and then before I just BLOW IT ALL AWAY lol.
4Sale:Small/soft EE OrcaThread here!
Niah

Postby Niah » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:40 pm

Kinky_Condesce wrote:
Niah wrote:Doing some gaming later, I think. Well, I'd probably be doing gaming right now, but I'm trying to decide if I want to go ahead and get the two toys I'd like to get or if I want to wait a while. Bank account indicates that I should probably wait a bit (both would cost me $165 + shipping), but my eyes tell me that I really want that Crash and that Elden would look lovely in Jupiter. Good thing someone grabbed that lovely rogue turquoise Hanns last night/early this morning, and it's good that I've decided that Nocturne isn't for me right now and that other than a medium Crash and a medium Elden, there aren't any other toys that really appeal to me at the moment. Tempted to go for it anyway and maybe add another keychain or a pack of teenies and just be done with it (another bottle of lube too, maybe). Ugh. Decisions decisions.

Havin' kinda the same chrisis. I have two toys I want to get, and some merch from somewere else. It's not that I don't have the money, but I like to get everything all at once, and that would be a rather large chunk of cash.

So I usually end up waiting a few extra weeks to get some money from commissions/selling other toys/my BF being awesome and tossing me some cash every now and then before I just BLOW IT ALL AWAY lol.

I went for it anyway. Got the Crash I was eyeing up and ordered a medium/5 Elden in Jupiter, and a bottle of cumlube. Opted not to go for any teenies or another keychain.

Rathian

Postby Rathian » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:51 pm

Kimpumomo wrote:Have been doing some singing exercises and found what I've been expecting for some time; I've got no overlap between my falsetto/head voice and either of my Soft voice or opera voice without straining my voice.
I can comfortably go as low as D4 with my falsetto and as high as D4 with my opera voice. The problem comes in when I can't go lower than E4 with my head voice without straining my voice. I'm guessing this is what results in that "Jump" that people get when they try to slide into falsetto.

For reference my values are:
Sv F# - C4
Ov G2 - D4
Hv E4 - D5
F D4 - E5

So soft voice and falsetto don't join up and opera voice and Head voice don't join up. Does anyone know how to breach that gap or is it just practice?

Choir/madrigal kid here! It took years of practice for my 'throat' (opera) and 'head' voice to overlap, but training every other day if you can with vocal exercises (or, perhaps with a song that challenges this jump) will cause the ranges to expand!

I am less experienced (possibly not experienced as a second soprano) with 'soft' and falsetto ranges, as I could be wrong but falsetto is a phenomenon that only male singers experience (females just seem to have a head voice that goes higher until at some point it caps out.)

The hardest part for me to learn was smoothly transitioning between voice types. My throat and head voices sound quite different, and traditional vocal exercises were little help. I ended up learning this best with songs that involved this jump, as there is a certain 'style' to be achieved and you have to try to be relatively consistent (can't go from breathy blues to piercing classical, lol)

(I'm sure you blow me out of the water vocally btw, I just wanted to let you know there's hope to bridge the gap! :blush: )
Pansexual|Polyamorous|Female|Partnered(Male)|Demisexual|Non-BDSM|Experimenting with violet wands|Into dragons/monsters, androgyny, consenticles, and laughing, happy threesomes

Looking for friends/possible partners! PMs welcome.
Volvie

Postby Volvie » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:01 pm

Wondering why Vodka is so yummy. I use to drink Rum a good bit but Wine and Vodka are my sex for drinks! Just came back from going out to drinks & dinner with my Dad and had one of my favorite drinks, Cosmopolitan! I remember when I turned 21 and had my 21st drink party, had a friend suggest me getting a cosmopolitan ( that night I sampled a multitude of drinks) and it was instantly a favorite of mine! I find it funny that she knew me well enough to suggest the perfect drink. Almost anything with Vodka is sure to get me happy. I will say that Cranberry juice paired off with Absolut Pear Vodka is perhaps my favorite mix....well that and/or a Peartini!

But yeah, had two of them with my salad and It's fantastic ^u^!
"Remember, there might be some Momentary Discomfort "
"End this. What I seek is far greater."
Kimmo

Postby Kimmo » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:57 pm

Rathian wrote:(I'm sure you blow me out of the water vocally btw, I just wanted to let you know there's hope to bridge the gap! :blush: )

I'm a beginner at best, but I like practising and learning, so don't assume too much ^^
One happy tear for a good friend.
ffirebbird

Postby ffirebbird » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:12 pm

23 of the 45 people currently in my Economics of Discrimination class failed the opening pop quiz, worth 5% of the final grade. I was one of two people in the A range :stick:
21/MImageImage Special thanks to Chibity for the mini avatars
Rathian

Postby Rathian » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:41 pm

I'm considering taking the plunge and posting pictures, at least clean ones, but I'm not in the habit of taking pictures of myself so I'd have to take a fresh one. The only problem is the massive head cold is making me decidedly gross-looking and I'd rather you lot see me first in a better light (preferably one with less clamminess and without major dark circles under my eyes.) :unamused:

I'm just worried that when I start to feel better I might chicken out!
Pansexual|Polyamorous|Female|Partnered(Male)|Demisexual|Non-BDSM|Experimenting with violet wands|Into dragons/monsters, androgyny, consenticles, and laughing, happy threesomes

Looking for friends/possible partners! PMs welcome.
badkitty76

Postby badkitty76 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:06 pm

Rathian wrote:I'm considering taking the plunge and posting pictures, at least clean ones, but I'm not in the habit of taking pictures of myself so I'd have to take a fresh one. The only problem is the massive head cold is making me decidedly gross-looking and I'd rather you lot see me first in a better light (preferably one with less clamminess and without major dark circles under my eyes.) :unamused:

I'm just worried that when I start to feel better I might chicken out!

My experience is people (in these forums anyways) are generally very supportive and non-judgemental. There are a few things that annoy some us (wallofwordswithnopunctuation!) but its an annoyance at most.
My new year's resolution is to play with more dragon dicks!
Always looking for new friends. Always welcome pm's for any kinda of chat.
Male & bisexual. Mated with Elunora

Return to “General Off Topic”