What's on your mind?

Discuss anything not related to Bad Dragon or the dedicated Forum Categories here! (Generally SFW. Please remember - No RP or Forum games!)
Gribley

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Gribley » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:14 am

ffirebbird wrote:
Gribley wrote:Economics of Discrimination
what the hell is that, please tell me its not the liberal arts (shudder) creation that i think it is.

It's a class taught by a 22 year-old with a doctorate, 3 masters, and a bachelors degree. He works to prosecute employers who wrongfully terminate or disenfranchise their disabled employees. Essentially, the class is an economics class exploring how those relationships affect the markets and what the specificities concerning them bring about.

correct me if im wrong, but on what grounds.
in my country if you cannot do the job you get fired, no question, no pity.
if you cannot do the job as well as another you get fired and replaced.
why is there a class dedicated to beamoning the harsh reality of modern employment.
Gribley

Postby Gribley » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:22 am

Rainbow Dasher wrote:I'm thinking of getting out the clippers, and then taking my hair down to 2" all over. I really felt comfortable like this the last time I did it.

oh my god yes.
i love having short clipped hair.
my hair is son damn thick and black it drives me nuts.
unfortunately due to the social necessity to look sharp and suited for my studies i have to keep it well groomed and long(ish).
moment i get my mid year break i am shaving off all my hair and going full skinhead.
ffirebbird

Postby ffirebbird » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:40 am

Gribley wrote:correct me if im wrong, but on what grounds.
why is there a class dedicated to beamoning the harsh reality of modern employment.

I completely agree on the premise of capability. See - the US government has a way of subsidizing things that it wishes to carry about, such as minimizing unemployment. Whether that is a good or bad thing is completely subjective. It's a lot easier to hire someone than fire someone.

My personal views on the matter are: government ought not interfere at all in hiring/firing practices, employers don't need reasons to make internal moves. That, of course, would never be an accepted view in Congress. With their great power to regulate "interstate commerce", which has been interpreted to include just about everything, and the corruption of politics as a whole in this country, not just as a self-righteous entity, but more so as a domineering one, that which feeds itself through its inner workings, hinges greased through both corporate backing and [more secretive means], Libertarian values (I do not entirely, even mostly, ascribe to that set of beliefs) cannot prevail.

Essentially, businesses get a bonus from the government for hiring disabled persons, so they've got to weigh the pros and cons. It's very easy to fire someone for not quite being up to par, and in that respect businesses may get into trouble. As we have not delved too much in depth on the intricacies of the matter, I do not feel educated enough to speak further on the issue.

It's essentially a Sociology class for those more Business-inclined. I'm an Int'l Marketing major who happens to be Sociology-inclined. In America, there are university classes for just about anything reasonable - sometimes not - conceivable.
21/MImageImage Special thanks to Chibity for the mini avatars
Dakaath

Postby Dakaath » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:10 am

ffirebbird wrote:

I completely agree on the premise of capability. See - the US government has a way of subsidizing things that it wishes to carry about, such as minimizing unemployment. Whether that is a good or bad thing is completely subjective. It's a lot easier to hire someone than fire someone.

My personal views on the matter are: government ought not interfere at all in hiring/firing practices, employers don't need reasons to make internal moves. That, of course, would never be an accepted view in Congress. With their great power to regulate "interstate commerce", which has been interpreted to include just about everything, and the corruption of politics as a whole in this country, not just as a self-righteous entity, but more so as a domineering one, that which feeds itself through its inner workings, hinges greased through both corporate backing and [more secretive means], Libertarian values (I do not entirely, even mostly, ascribe to that set of beliefs) cannot prevail.

Essentially, businesses get a bonus from the government for hiring disabled persons, so they've got to weigh the pros and cons. It's very easy to fire someone for not quite being up to par, and in that respect businesses may get into trouble. As we have not delved too much in depth on the intricacies of the matter, I do not feel educated enough to speak further on the issue.

It's essentially a Sociology class for those more Business-inclined. I'm an Int'l Marketing major who happens to be Sociology-inclined. In America, there are university classes for just about anything reasonable - sometimes not - conceivable.

It' all interesting stuff, you just need a good teacher for it. One to biased to side side of the spectrum or another and the class dies, as no counter views want to be spoken.

Problem is with that whole issue is even if its a justified firing due to bad work, if the employer hasn't documented it well it will cause problems. The ex-employee will try and bring suit for wrongful termination and claim its due to their race, sex, religion, disability, etc.

So, of course, a lot of the time it means employers won't hire potentially troublesome people in the first place, which is why there are the incentives in the first place, since a business's goal is to make money.

It's a messy situation in general.
Toy Collection (And all in One Month) Sorry, no colors for me
► Show Spoiler
naughtybun

Postby naughtybun » Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:44 pm

ah. hm. general anxiety :s
add, depression, anxiety. thanks mother nature.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
https://www.f-list.net/c/naughtybun
An0maly

Postby An0maly » Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:54 pm

It's interesting to realize how unimportant you are.
MilesLupine

Postby MilesLupine » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:08 pm

The thinking about what do for dinner... Either will raid fridge or finish off sub from yesterday.
Lyrics fitting my mood/are inspiring: From Chemical Interference by Dragonforce
"I am what I choose to be, I lose grip on reality
And I have nothing to atone
All your morals thrown in vain, I know my pleasure is my pain
But I'm gonna make it on my own."
Image Arts and more arts.
Kimmo

Postby Kimmo » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:18 pm

An0maly wrote:It's interesting to realize how unimportant you are.

I had lots of time to learn that lesson. Just be sure to take away from it that you are the most important person for you.
What I tell myself is that if you're not taking care of the most important person in the world, what are you doing?

What life I have may be good or bad, but it's the one I have; might as well make the most of it since I don't know what comes after.
One happy tear for a good friend.
Akanisen

Postby Akanisen » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:21 pm

I just woke up... It's 4:15pm... good job Akane :psyduck:
ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage
Sean

Postby Sean » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:53 pm

I don't know why certain people make me so nervous. Several people I know IRL who are great people but they just... Make me so nervous. I don't know why. I get so nervous to the point I want to puke.
18 / Male / Bisexual / Mated
Masochist / Submissive / Kitten

Toy Count: 11 Insertables/3 Plugs
Kimmo

Postby Kimmo » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:02 pm

Sean wrote:I don't know why certain people make me so nervous. Several people I know IRL who are great people but they just... Make me so nervous. I don't know why. I get so nervous to the point I want to puke.

I have people like that as well. People who make me feel like a dumdum and like everything I say just runs off them like they're teflon or something.
Kimmo

Postby Kimmo » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:48 pm

wishing I could do high kicks still, so that I could get a better view of my crotch in the mirror :P
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:57 pm

Kimpumomo wrote:
Sean wrote:I don't know why certain people make me so nervous. Several people I know IRL who are great people but they just... Make me so nervous. I don't know why. I get so nervous to the point I want to puke.

I have people like that as well. People who make me feel like a dumdum and like everything I say just runs off them like they're teflon or something.

Same here. I generally keep my distance and just... don't really associate with them. Life is too short to hang around folks who make you feel like that. Not everyone, great person or not, is a good mix with one another. I personally wouldn't put my body through that sort of stress, not unless absolutely necessary.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Vulpine Aurora

Postby Vulpine Aurora » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:01 pm

The process of formatting three hard drives and installing two fresh operating systems can be rather time consuming. :nerdy:
The name's Quinn. I'm an extremely friendly, open-minded fellow if you ask to get to know me. Please feel free to shoot me a PM and chat if you'd like! I always welcome a good conversation, pretty much regardless of the topic.

Bad Dragon goals: Knot an XL Rex, hilt an XL Chance Unflared, and get past my legacy Large Chance Flared's medial ring.
Niah

Postby Niah » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:09 pm

Vulpine Aurora wrote:The process of formatting three hard drives and installing two fresh operating systems can be rather time consuming. :nerdy:

I'm glad I haven't had to do that for a while. Did that a few months ago when I built my own desktop for gaming. Been even longer since I've had to reformat a drive. I still get twitchy about it all, lol, but less so if it's not own stuff I'm messing with.
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
Vulpine Aurora

Postby Vulpine Aurora » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:17 pm

Niah wrote:
Vulpine Aurora wrote:The process of formatting three hard drives and installing two fresh operating systems can be rather time consuming. :nerdy:

I'm glad I haven't had to do that for a while. Did that a few months ago when I built my own desktop for gaming. Been even longer since I've had to reformat a drive. I still get twitchy about it all, lol, but less so if it's not own stuff I'm messing with.

Being a programming major I'm very comfortable with my PC, but diskpart alone takes like an hour to format a drive and install a filesystem. Now I have Windows 7 and Linux Fedora running, I need to get all the updates downloaded on my SHITE internet connection and get Win10 back on here as well, before all my personal and school software. Blegh. :laugh:
The name's Quinn. I'm an extremely friendly, open-minded fellow if you ask to get to know me. Please feel free to shoot me a PM and chat if you'd like! I always welcome a good conversation, pretty much regardless of the topic.

Bad Dragon goals: Knot an XL Rex, hilt an XL Chance Unflared, and get past my legacy Large Chance Flared's medial ring.
Gribley

Postby Gribley » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:39 pm

ffirebbird wrote:

oh god.
it sounds like a liberal arts circlejerk.
i did a few of those for politics to flesh out my law degree. i ended up getting banned from even applying to join a few societies just for my views in class. best of luck struggling through it.
Niah

Postby Niah » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:30 pm

Vulpine Aurora wrote:
Niah wrote:

Being a programming major I'm very comfortable with my PC, but diskpart alone takes like an hour to format a drive and install a filesystem. Now I have Windows 7 and Linux Fedora running, I need to get all the updates downloaded on my SHITE internet connection and get Win10 back on here as well, before all my personal and school software. Blegh. :laugh:

Sounds like a right pain in the ass for sure. For my purposes I've just stayed with one OS (Windows 10), but I miss playing around on Linux.
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
AtomtheInsane

Postby AtomtheInsane » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:26 pm

waiting for my tax return is really the only thing on my mind planning to pay off my bills and then get a new bed (thinking a casper mattress) and saving the rest for just in case money ect. ect.

Got a raise from work recently after getting more responsibilities at the shop now I'm an official printer at work (every now and then when I'm needed to lol)
NiamhTheNightOwl

Postby NiamhTheNightOwl » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:52 pm

ive been super horny this weekend and I have no idea why
Feel Free to PM Me Anytime
or contact me on kik if you like - NiamhTheNightOwl
:)

Return to “General Off Topic”