What's on your mind?

Discuss anything not related to Bad Dragon or the dedicated Forum Categories here! (Generally SFW. Please remember - No RP or Forum games!)
Niah

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Niah » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:18 pm

Deored wrote:
Niah wrote:
wolfstardobe wrote:
More and more I am doing that too. I hate feeling alienated from someone that used to be the closest person to me.

I had a good friend a few years ago, but I noticed after she graduated college (she was a year ahead of me), we didn't communicate as often as we used to. Part of it might have been me and how I tend to get impatient if someone doesn't reply in a reasonable time frame (especially if I know they're online or on their phone), but we just drifted apart I guess. I've gotten used to being alone, but it does bother me more than I'd like to admit at times. Right now I'm living at home and I've got no one living close enough for me to go talk to someone in person. Someone who I would consider my closest friend is many states away and we seem to text intermittently anyway. I'm very close with my aunt, but she's even further away. It sucks, but I'm also glad I've got this forum and other online communities and such. It makes me feel a little bit better on occasion.

Guess I had a head start on most people. Not sharing was the order of the day and still is. Seemed like involving other people in my life caused more issues than anything. Its come to the point it bugs me when people try to.

I've gotten to where I really do better with texting and with online communication. In-person talking just gets uncomfortable after a while (part of that is the Asperger's. Yay.). I'm content to do some sharing online and leave it at that.
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
Roninnomad

Postby Roninnomad » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:08 pm

Long day at work... Do I play games or with the toys? *scratches head*
Second-hand Toys:
Bought from:Rhalto (+) / Graeth (+) / Bastet (+)/Chubby_Bunny (+) / MrShackleford (+) / Raleigh (+)
Sold to:jjjbluballs (+)

32/Male/Straight - "Can has XL Mountain Drake PLZ!
Fire_Wolf

Postby Fire_Wolf » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:30 pm

Roninnomad wrote:Long day at work... Do I play games or with the toys? *scratches head*

Why not play games while with the toys...just mute the headset...lol :doh:
Name: Fenrisulfr, 26/M/PM's welcome.
► Show Spoiler
Roninnomad

Postby Roninnomad » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:36 pm

Fire_Wolf wrote:
Roninnomad wrote:Long day at work... Do I play games or with the toys? *scratches head*

Hehe. Will certainly consider it. *goes looks for XL Fenrir*
Second-hand Toys:
Bought from:Rhalto (+) / Graeth (+) / Bastet (+)/Chubby_Bunny (+) / MrShackleford (+) / Raleigh (+)

Roninnomad

Postby Roninnomad » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:31 pm

Zaphora wrote:
Roninnomad wrote:
Fire_Wolf wrote:

Hehe. Will certainly consider it. *goes looks for XL Fenrir*

I do that all the time knot my med razor and play on xD yeahhhhhh piers nivans killing zombies ;3 am I right fire wolf? :)

XL Fenrir eventually gets a little uncomfortable, while my Large Fenrir gets,... um, consumed? Yeah, consumed is the proper term. XD
Second-hand Toys:

Roninnomad

Postby Roninnomad » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:36 pm

Zaphora wrote:
Roninnomad wrote:
XL Fenrir eventually gets a little uncomfortable, while my Large Fenrir gets,... um, consumed? Yeah, consumed is the proper term. XD

Yeah gotta find something that fits well and feels awesome for long wear ;)

Very yes. Now what's on my mind? New size options for the mountain drake. I'd buy a large and an XL in a heartbeat. <
Second-hand Toys:

Kimmo

Postby Kimmo » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:52 am

been having trouble sleeping lately.

just lying in bed not sleeping until 3-4am every night. :[
One happy tear for a good friend.
Jazzi the Pegasus

Postby Jazzi the Pegasus » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:15 am

CONVENTION TIME!!!! Today is Lady Deadpool, tomorrow is a simply furry outfit, since tomorrow will be a little over 70 degrees.
eloeelwe

Postby eloeelwe » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:19 am

Kimpumomo wrote:been having trouble sleeping lately.

just lying in bed not sleeping until 3-4am every night. :[

Mo has been having the same problem for the last few months. We're blaming the bed, but I'm sure there is more to it.
I hope you find rest in less time.

See the dragon's share of my artwork, here: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/eloeelwe/
Or here: http://eloeelwe.deviantart.com/
Shardik

Postby Shardik » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:34 am

A few weeks ago, my mate and I went to watch a local "neo-burlesque" show with The X-Files as its theme. It was very silly. One of the dances involved a man (and a very handsome man) slowly becoming a werewolf. At the end of the striptease he "attacks" a stuffed sheep, and with his teeth pulled out long red and purple strands of thick, coiled yarn.

The next weekend, we went to an underground, experimental theater, where we watch three small plays, one a "survival guide to Seattle newbies," one a modern-day retelling of the legend of Persephone, and the third a "Feminist version of the Big Bad Wolf." The last was pretty uneven, but it did involve a character turning into a werewolf, attacking another character, and yes, ripping out long red and purple strands of thick, coiled yarn.

I turned to her and said, "I promise, our next date won't involve entrails. We'll do something fun. Light. Mainstream."

Last night, for our next date, we went to see Zootopia.
Current Collection:
► Show Spoiler
Niah

Postby Niah » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:50 am

My book didn't explain clearly how counting in binary works, so I went to Wikipedia. I know to take whatever is on Wikipedia with a grain of salt, but I do know how to count in binary now. The book wasn't explaining why 11 is 3 and why 111 is 7 and so on, but now I get it. I get how the spaces/slots work and so on. I'm covering the chapter on microprocessors and binary comes into play when discussing how the CPU and RAM communicate and the chapter also gives a breakdown on RAM (there's a whole chapter later in the book on how RAM works). That's the issue I'm facing. I know what it all does, but I have to know how and why it does what it does. It's difficult, but also fascinating, so I'm managing to enjoy myself with all this studying. Doesn't mean I can avoid breaks or anything. I'm still managing roughly a chapter every 24 hours (most of the time I've started one one day, finished it the next, and then started the next chapter that same day, and so on), so I'm hoping to finish this chapter today and maybe start chapter 5 while I'm at it.

Also, my Welcome to Night Vale shirts arrived and they're awesome. I don't know which I'll wear to the show, but I really like them both.
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
Laura the Nord

Postby Laura the Nord » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:51 am

I know how much negative comments Bad Dragon has received over the past few weeks (or more), but I felt like saying this. I just love the people over at customer service. My Xar arrived today and even though it was listed as flawless, it had some flaws so I contacted customer service. I ended up accidentally submitting two tickets on the website and then one at the help center. I felt so clumsy and awkward doing it like I was the worst and most neediest customer ever, but Kitty merged my clumsy tickets into one and assured me that they were going over it at quality control. I'm so relieved now, thank you so much for being awesome customer service! :misc2: :laugh:
Akanisen

Postby Akanisen » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:37 pm

Just put a new sig on my profile, two of the pics are obvious what they are, who can name the rest? :stick:
ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage
Deored

Postby Deored » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:16 pm

I never understood the english teacher obsession with reading Shakespeare's plays. Plays are meant to be watched. How many movie screenplays have you read instead of watching the movies?
OphieL

Postby OphieL » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:30 pm

I always come back and forth on this site, and every time i come back its always with a toylust but no actual funds with which to work with. On another note, i've got a headache like you wouldn't believe from out of the blue.
Ophie

Aries / Fem / Size Queen in training
I'm also an artist.
Currently Owned/Gifted:

Med Flint in Soft
Med Crackers in Medium
Med Kelvin in Soft

always wanting more hehe!
HurricaneLane

Postby HurricaneLane » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:37 pm

Oh man, I'm with ya on the headache part. It feels like I've got this giant, crushing pressure all over my head right now. I can barely see straight. Started at work, and it's just not getting better.
► Show Spoiler
NiamhTheNightOwl

Postby NiamhTheNightOwl » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:28 am

There is absolutely nothing to do :(
Feel Free to PM Me Anytime
or contact me on kik if you like - NiamhTheNightOwl
:)
wolfstardobe

Postby wolfstardobe » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:47 am

Snow! In April!
Female Taken Heteroflexible Hobby Dog Trainer
wolfstardobe

Postby wolfstardobe » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:49 am

Deored wrote:I never understood the english teacher obsession with reading Shakespeare's plays. Plays are meant to be watched. How many movie screenplays have you read instead of watching the movies?

That's probably going to be a future kids complaint. "Ugh, I hate reading screenplays! I wish I could just watch the movie."
Female Taken Heteroflexible Hobby Dog Trainer
Emzy

Postby Emzy » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:22 am

Getting really tired of work but I need to think of what to do if I was to change things up in my life :eyeroll: :nerdy: :psyduck:
Its all in the wrist :eyeroll:

Return to “General Off Topic”