What's on your mind?

Discuss anything not related to Bad Dragon or the dedicated Forum Categories here! (Generally SFW. Please remember - No RP or Forum games!)
Arumaeruma

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Arumaeruma » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:53 pm

Jasmine wrote:I have so much work to do, but instead I'm reading articles on how to move into a smaller apartment. Whoops?

But seriously though, I can't find the answer for how to get a couch that is proportionally large enough (yet small enough) to fit your needs and your space... :psyduck:

Have you considered getting a futon? I looooove my futon, I got a real nice one at Sears and it's big enough for my tiny apartment I'm in now.
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:56 pm

Jasmine wrote:I have so much work to do, but instead I'm reading articles on how to move into a smaller apartment. Whoops?

But seriously though, I can't find the answer for how to get a couch that is proportionally large enough (yet small enough) to fit your needs and your space... :psyduck:

What are you needing? We moved into a studio a few years ago and just picked a couch that was comfy and had a foldout bed. Turned out, the couch we picked was a monster! It still fit, but barely. If we had had a range of dimensions, the furniture store could have showed us all the models they had available to fit and we could have gone from there. I'm sure you'd be able to do the same!
Jasmine

Postby Jasmine » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:02 pm

Arumaeruma wrote:Have you considered getting a futon? I looooove my futon, I got a real nice one at Sears and it's big enough for my tiny apartment I'm in now.

Amaranthe wrote:What are you needing? We moved into a studio a few years ago and just picked a couch that was comfy and had a foldout bed. Turned out, the couch we picked was a monster! It still fit, but barely. If we had had a range of dimensions, the furniture store could have showed us all the models they had available to fit and we could have gone from there. I'm sure you'd be able to do the same!

Mr. Jasmine and I are decently tall- I'm 5'10" and he's a touch over 6'. I need a couch that is long enough that I can lay down without getting scrunched up, mostly because sprawling over the couch is the comfiest thing to do! :blush: Our main concern is that the dining room and living room are one blob of space and we have a rather large table already, so it's going to be difficult finding the right "fit" for everything. I've been thinking about a sofa bed, too, but it might be too large for the space. The entire unit is only 625 sq ft, with the main living space being maybe 15' x 15', if I'm being generous. The scale of the floorplan leaves much to be desired and we haven't gotten actual measurements from management yet.
ImageImage
NiamhTheNightOwl

Postby NiamhTheNightOwl » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:05 pm

Im in a really really good mood today, i feel like ive stepped in to harry potter and drunk some of that luck potion

- I have a date tonight with a girl I think will be pretty neat-oh
- im making enough money now to afford an appartment close to work
- i was chosen by an abandoned kitten to become a foster mom
- ive just brought a whole buttload of new clothes and things that make me feel oh so sexy*
- Ive been told that im amazing
- for the first time since my fiance left me im super fucking horny

Everything is awesome :)
Last edited by NiamhTheNightOwl on Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feel Free to PM Me Anytime
or contact me on kik if you like - NiamhTheNightOwl
:)
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:10 pm

Jasmine wrote:
Arumaeruma wrote:Have you considered getting a futon? I looooove my futon, I got a real nice one at Sears and it's big enough for my tiny apartment I'm in now.

Amaranthe wrote:What are you needing? We moved into a studio a few years ago and just picked a couch that was comfy and had a foldout bed. Turned out, the couch we picked was a monster! It still fit, but barely. If we had had a range of dimensions, the furniture store could have showed us all the models they had available to fit and we could have gone from there. I'm sure you'd be able to do the same!

Mr. Jasmine and I are decently tall- I'm 5'10" and he's a touch over 6'. I need a couch that is long enough that I can lay down without getting scrunched up, mostly because sprawling over the couch is the comfiest thing to do! :blush: Our main concern is that the dining room and living room are one blob of space and we have a rather large table already, so it's going to be difficult finding the right "fit" for everything. I've been thinking about a sofa bed, too, but it might be too large for the space. The entire unit is only 625 sq ft, with the main living space being maybe 15' x 15', if I'm being generous. The scale of the floorplan leaves much to be desired and we haven't gotten actual measurements from management yet.

That was our situation, too! Well, sans the table. We managed to squeeze an 82-inch long couch into a 525 square foot space. No room for a table at that point. I would suggest actually looking at couches like these ones if you don't need the bed part:
http://www.wayfair.com/Poundex-Montr%E9 ... oCuHvw_wcB
You can get them shorter from side to side and still have the chaise lounge part to stretch out on, and they fit really well into little corners! I'm not sure what your floor plan looks like, but it might be worth a shot.
Laura the Nord

Postby Laura the Nord » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:16 pm

Am I paranoid when it comes to texting/messages? :psyduck: When I send messages, I usually start and wait forbthem to answer, and after they message me back I'll send another message. However, that's where it usually ends, they never message back afterwards and I feel too shy and awkward to send another message because I don't want to seem clingy :doh: It's given me a real hard time recently when trying to get to know new people and make friends, maybe something more serious too.
Jasmine

Postby Jasmine » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:17 pm

Amaranthe wrote:That was our situation, too! Well, sans the table. We managed to squeeze an 82-inch long couch into a 525 square foot space. No room for a table at that point. I would suggest actually looking at couches like these ones if you don't need the bed part:
You can get them shorter from side to side and still have the chaise lounge part to stretch out on, and they fit really well into little corners! I'm not sure what your floor plan looks like, but it might be worth a shot.

Interesting! I'll have to check it out.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Attachments
layout.jpg
ImageImage
Deored

Postby Deored » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:19 pm

Jasmine wrote:

I kinda in the same situation, 675 sq ft. I was considering taking the couch from the house I'm living in now, renting sister's house while she's away for work. Decided I didn't want to lug this thing up to the third floor. I have a futon that I'm going to use as a couch, the mat is the size of a twin bed so I can lay down on it, I'm 6'1.
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:36 pm

Jasmine wrote:
Amaranthe wrote:That was our situation, too! Well, sans the table. We managed to squeeze an 82-inch long couch into a 525 square foot space. No room for a table at that point. I would suggest actually looking at couches like these ones if you don't need the bed part:

Interesting! I'll have to check it out.
Hidden Content

Hidden Content
Jasmine

Postby Jasmine » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:51 pm

Amaranthe wrote:
Hidden Content

Hidden Content
ImageImage
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:57 pm

Jasmine wrote:
Amaranthe wrote:
Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content
Jasmine

Postby Jasmine » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:10 pm

Amaranthe wrote:
Hidden Content

Hidden Content
ImageImage
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:22 pm

Jasmine wrote:
Amaranthe wrote:
Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content
Kimmo

Postby Kimmo » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:27 am

NiamhTheNightOwl wrote:Im in a really really good mood today, i feel like ive stepped in to harry potter and drunk some of that luck potion

- ive just brought a whole buttload of new clothes and things that make me feel oh so sexy*

that's so good to hear :D

I'm still struggling a bit moneywise but I just scored over 20h of work so that's pretty awesome.
working with a lid that needs help in school. not easy and it's difficult to know where to set the goals when I don't know them too well.
One happy tear for a good friend.
Kimmo

Postby Kimmo » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:29 am

NiamhTheNightOwl wrote:Im in a really really good mood today, i feel like ive stepped in to harry potter and drunk some of that luck potion

One happy tear for a good friend.
Akanisen

Postby Akanisen » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:28 am

I need to go to bed, can you stop hurting for just a bit body, I need sleep!
ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage
NiamhTheNightOwl

Postby NiamhTheNightOwl » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:49 am

I got stood up.. but in doing so I got to talk to an amazing girl who i wouldn't have gotten to know (Insert saying about doors and windows here)
Feel Free to PM Me Anytime
or contact me on kik if you like - NiamhTheNightOwl
:)
wolfstardobe

Postby wolfstardobe » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:56 am

I woke up in a pretty good mood and then my aunt (who's living with us for free after her grandson kicked her out) said that we were beating her dog whenever she leaves the house.

Excuse me?!? Fine, I'll stop going out of my way to get him treats, chews and including him in anything because obviously I'm beating him!

I'm absolutely pissed. How can anyone be so ungrateful? GTFO then. Ugh. I'm done.
Female Taken Heteroflexible Hobby Dog Trainer
OphieL

Postby OphieL » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:03 am

It's non stop. The stress of not doing well in college, the teachers loosing my assignments and not caring, my awful grades because this class crushes my fucking soul, and now people are fucking talking shit about me behind me in this class. I can't win I can't do anything and I'm only miserable in this class and there's nothing I can do I feel so helpless.
Ophie

Aries / Fem / Size Queen in training
I'm also an artist.
Currently Owned/Gifted:

Med Flint in Soft
Med Crackers in Medium
Med Kelvin in Soft

always wanting more hehe!
Laura the Nord

Postby Laura the Nord » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:38 am

I found an amazing person today who I love, and the feeling is mutual between us. I couldn't be happier, I've smiled all day :misc2: :blush:

Return to “General Off Topic”