What's on your mind?

Discuss anything not related to Bad Dragon or the dedicated Forum Categories here! (Generally SFW. Please remember - No RP or Forum games!)
User avatar
wolfstardobe
Posts: 1342
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:49 pm
Gender: Female
Location: NM

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby wolfstardobe » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:26 am

receiving packages are like gifts to myself even if I already know what's in them.
Female Taken Heteroflexible Hobby Dog Trainer
User avatar
Ghoul
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:44 pm
Gender: Male

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Ghoul » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:33 pm

wolfstardobe wrote:receiving packages are like gifts to myself even if I already know what's in them.


This! Just having a delivery to look forward to is one of the best feelings in the world. Its just nice to have an excuse to be excited.
30-something, Shy, Bi, Male, Single, Total Goofball
User avatar
Gonzo
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:04 am
Gender: Male
Location: NL

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Gonzo » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:00 pm

Ghoul wrote:
wolfstardobe wrote:receiving packages are like gifts to myself even if I already know what's in them.


This! Just having a delivery to look forward to is one of the best feelings in the world. Its just nice to have an excuse to be excited.


A bit like Christmas when we were kids :laugh:
User avatar
Jasmine
Posts: 2253
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 7:06 pm
Gender: Female

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Jasmine » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:41 pm

tentacletommy wrote:
Jasmine wrote:Throwing away stuff seems so easy in concept, but then you realize just how much stuff has memories and "value" still :surprised:

Example: Bottles of perfume that smell nice, but don't quite fit with my body chemistry. Bottle after bottle of unfinished conditioner. Candles burned halfway through. Things for "projects" I swear I was going to do at one point...


You might be able to give them to somebody.


I've already donated the things that are in good condition, but it feels weird giving away things that have obviously been used a lot. I wouldn't be excited to buy/receive a bottle of perfume that is only a quarter full. And at this point it's just gathering dust and taking up space, so...

:doh:
ImageImage
Avatar designed by Chibity
User avatar
Vulpine Aurora
Posts: 907
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:22 am
Gender: Male
Location: The Sticks, NH

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Vulpine Aurora » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:49 pm

The engine mounts are replaced, the audio system is done. All I gotta do now is some gaskets and a bit of carbon removal and she'll be screaming like my mate in rope. :laugh:
The name's Quinn. I'm an extremely friendly, open-minded fellow if you ask to get to know me. Please feel free to shoot me a PM and chat if you'd like! I always welcome a good conversation, pretty much regardless of the topic.

Bad Dragon goals: Knot an XL Rex, hilt an XL Chance Unflared, and get past my legacy Large Chance Flared's medial ring.
User avatar
wolfstardobe
Posts: 1342
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:49 pm
Gender: Female
Location: NM

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby wolfstardobe » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:26 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Ghoul wrote:
wolfstardobe wrote:receiving packages are like gifts to myself even if I already know what's in them.


This! Just having a delivery to look forward to is one of the best feelings in the world. Its just nice to have an excuse to be excited.


A bit like Christmas when we were kids :laugh:


Lol definitely!
Female Taken Heteroflexible Hobby Dog Trainer
User avatar
wolfstardobe
Posts: 1342
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:49 pm
Gender: Female
Location: NM

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby wolfstardobe » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:28 pm

Jasmine wrote:
tentacletommy wrote:
Jasmine wrote:Throwing away stuff seems so easy in concept, but then you realize just how much stuff has memories and "value" still :surprised:

Example: Bottles of perfume that smell nice, but don't quite fit with my body chemistry. Bottle after bottle of unfinished conditioner. Candles burned halfway through. Things for "projects" I swear I was going to do at one point...


You might be able to give them to somebody.


I've already donated the things that are in good condition, but it feels weird giving away things that have obviously been used a lot. I wouldn't be excited to buy/receive a bottle of perfume that is only a quarter full. And at this point it's just gathering dust and taking up space, so...

:doh:


Someone might like some of the things to go diy projects or crafts with the bottles or whatever :)
Female Taken Heteroflexible Hobby Dog Trainer
User avatar
Rainbow Dasher
Posts: 10491
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:25 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Australia

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:59 pm

Ugh... Have to drive 2 hours today (one way) to see the dentist, where I am likely losing 1 - 2 teeth. It is not going to be a very good day. :doh:
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
User avatar
Gonzo
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:04 am
Gender: Male
Location: NL

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Gonzo » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:44 pm

Vulpine Aurora wrote:The engine mounts are replaced, the audio system is done. All I gotta do now is some gaskets and a bit of carbon removal and she'll be screaming like my mate in rope. :laugh:



What kind of car are you working on?
Last edited by Gonzo on Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Rainbow Dasher
Posts: 10491
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:25 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Australia

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:49 pm

I almost find it funny how people who know I have them on ignore, still quote me, regularly, like I'm going to magically see their responses. Nope. Never going to happen. Ever.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
User avatar
reine
Posts: 1428
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:39 pm
Gender: F
Location: Canada

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby reine » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:18 pm

Kinda wanna write, kinda wanna draw, kinda wish these gut cramps would stop popping up.

BUT now that the school year's done, I can start job-hunting again! I really need a source of income and something to take up my excess free time.
Love? Love fades away. But Bad Dragons? Bad Dragons are forever.
User avatar
Vulpine Aurora
Posts: 907
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:22 am
Gender: Male
Location: The Sticks, NH

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Vulpine Aurora » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:58 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Vulpine Aurora wrote:The engine mounts are replaced, the audio system is done. All I gotta do now is some gaskets and a bit of carbon removal and she'll be screaming like my mate in rope. :laugh:



What kind of car are you working on?


My first project car! It's a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT, manual trans. It's a car with a rocky, riced out reputation to some people, being that it's a cheaper japanese car that featured in a Fast and Furious movie...but as my first manual and V6 (I've been driving an I4 automatic for years, before I had any interest in cars) it's plenty of fun. I bought her for $1,250 and have been reworking her up to daily driver. I think tomorrow is the day I get to test her out for a work day! I'm gonna give this car a good name again, at least around these parts. :smile:

She's got a new timing belt kit, headlights, engine mounts, sway bars, tons of various bushings, etc. Could use work on the brake system, suspension replacements, maybe a little in the valvetrain, probably a new radiator by the looks of the metal...and a complete flushing of all her fluids at some point, but that will be for after a couple more paycheck. Essentially it's the first car I'm doing all that dirty newbie mechanic work on. I'd love to own a Skyline or something like that in the future and treat it right, and this vehicle is going to be a very entertaining gateway to the world for the next couple years. :widesmile:
The name's Quinn. I'm an extremely friendly, open-minded fellow if you ask to get to know me. Please feel free to shoot me a PM and chat if you'd like! I always welcome a good conversation, pretty much regardless of the topic.

Bad Dragon goals: Knot an XL Rex, hilt an XL Chance Unflared, and get past my legacy Large Chance Flared's medial ring.
User avatar
Deored
Posts: 1095
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:27 pm
Gender: Male

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Deored » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:27 pm

I HAVE INTERNET!! :widesmile:
User avatar
Niah
Posts: 3326
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:25 am
Gender: Genderfluid

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Niah » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:28 pm

So, I believe I ranted on here about a month and a half ago about an issue I had with the OS and how I had to do a reset and then had to chat with a Microsoft tech to fix the issue (corrupt files). Well, a similar issue has happened. It usually starts with the keyboard not responding; well, it responds, but with the hot keys, and won’t just work with regular typing. I’ve obviously resolved that issue, but that was after I got stuck in an automatic repair loop for a bit before I was able to “fix” the issue. I say “fix”, because everything sort of works, except that I can’t open LibreOffice at all (what I use for my docs, because I’m too cheap to pay for MS Office) and the Start button doesn’t work at all. I’ve restarted. Nope. I’ve shut down and then turned it back on. Nope. I’ve no idea what the fuck is going on. I ran an sfc scan in the admin command prompt (powershell wouldn’t let me) and there aren’t any integrity issues. I’ve got one more shot to see if it’ll fix the issue. I’ve already downloaded the iso file and made an installation disc for Ubuntu. If this issue persists or it gets to the point where I’m 100% done fiddling with 10, then I’m doing a clean install with Ubuntu and shouting an enthusiastic “Fuck you!” to Microsoft. I think I’ll wait to do the other option until tomorrow after work. I’m going to see if just leaving the computer off for 12+ hours will fix the Start button issue. If not, then I’ll download and reinstall the Windows apps and see if that fixes the issue. If it doesn’t, then I’ll leave things as they are and see if any further issues crop up.

As for Ubuntu, I’ve figured out (roughly) what I need to do to play my games, which are Windows versions off Steam, in that OS. If I do start having issues with Ubuntu, then I’ll know that I’ve got some sort of hardware issue causing the problem, whatever it is.

Edit to add: So, that didn't work. Command prompt didn't register the command as vaild. Ran it in powershell and it didn't do what it was supposed to. I'm running the sfc scan again, but in powershell this time (forgot to check the administrative privileges box last time) and I'll see if it says anything different from the command prompt. If not, then I don't know what to do. I was having zero issues with 10 up until early March, and now I've had two similar issues within a month and a half. Another weird thing is that when the tech "fixed" the issue last time, it involved repairing the OS and essentially giving me a new one, so the product key was different from my copy. Well, I checked just out of curiosity and the product key has switched back to the original one. I also have no idea what that means. In the few times I’ve dealt with Ubuntu and Linux Mint I have never had an issue. In the years I’ve had Windows 7, I’ve never had an issue, and now with 10, I’m running into issues suddenly. I really like the OS when it isn’t being a stupid fuck like this.

Another edit: Finally got the right combination of words into Google. Yay! It's not my fault. It is, as always, damn Microsoft. Their April 12th update has royally screwed things for a ton of users. They better be rolling out a fix ASAP is all I can say. What does puzzle me is that I'm having issues now when the update was on April 12th. Whatever. I just want them to fix the issue. Though I do have all my stuff backed up in case it just goes entirely.
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
User avatar
DelilahdaDirtyDork
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:48 pm
Gender: Maybe a male pretending to be a girl on the net cus ashamed of his pervy interests.

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby DelilahdaDirtyDork » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:16 pm

So I've been writing ...a lot. Some of my dirty stories, working my magic girl manga. Starting a new super hero story. (When she's not saving the world, she's a nudist) And...this gonna sound emo and I hate doing this kind of thing but...I need to vent just a bit. I don't have a job right now, I'm trying to find something. But right now I've feeling very much like a loser and a failure, and I'm not saying that just so random people will feel sorry for me. Because this has been a thing for me. It's been thing for a long while.

26 still living at home. No job, none of my creative projects are going well at all. I haven't touched my sprites in forever, I don't feel I'm as good as I should be by now given that started doing this in the 5th grade. struggle doing poses to make them move, overwelmed by the idea of backgrounds. And when I say "Manga" I mean I'm writing it in a novel form because my anime drawing skills are so rusty I need a tetanus shot and go back to basics which is depressing. Things I want to do I'm not very good at. Little to no feedback on ANYTHING I do so I don't know if I need to improve or where I screwed up if I did.

And...what's really depressing me right now is...this girl I like. I'm having to seriously accept that it's a "Too late, had your chance. Muffed it." Thing. I've liked her for a good few years now 2-3 I think. Despite the various gaps including the distance...I really liked her. I wanted to date her. And the feelings were mutual. She wished she could date me. But things didn't work out. (Keep in mind I'm probably butchering my explanation so don't read this as face vaule) I had horrible timing, after 2 rejections, I at one point despite several encouragement to try and make my move again because she wasn't dating anyone again. But I didn't think I could handle being rejected for a 3rd time. And now she's got a boyfriend that...she actually really likes and things seem to be going well for her. Which is great! I'm glad she's happy, last 2 bfs sucked.

Except now I'm living a jar because I'm so Jelly. A specially thing was coming for her and I wanted to mail her a gift to celebrate. But I already spoiled her for X-mas and her birthday (St.Patty's day) already. I like to spoiler her because I'm very much like a big brother to her, Now keep in mind it's not like I was trying to buy her affection. I got her those gifts because it's a holiday, it's something special and I wanted to do something nice. And she is the kind of girl where if you say "you look so cute" to compliment her she reacts with "Shut the **** up no I'm not! >////< "

But this time around she didn't want me to get her anything like normal and then she mentioned she didn't want to risk her bf getting mad and jelly. So this time around I'm deciding to back off like a smart Dork. But when she mentioned the bf...it kind of stung, and I don't think/ certainly hope not that was her intent at all. But the reality just kind of sunk in finally that it's not gonna happen and...well in baseball terms I think I struck out before I even went to bat again...to stretch a metaphor.

And...after awhile my depression sets in because I'm not busy so...it's feels like it's going all down hill for me. Oh before anyone reacts as they read this Don't Worry. I've had these feelz before, I'll get over it, I'm not considering anything stupid or dangerous. The Dirty Dork is just having a very long/bad day. I could use a lot of hugs.
^.^ v . v <.< >.> >.< <.> ^. v v .^ I'm a chameleon!
User avatar
OphieL
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:25 pm
Gender: They/She

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby OphieL » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:16 am

Just got an email for the final call for deposit on summer housing. Kinda startled me, but I guess I'm gonna have to talk with financial aid or something
Ophie

Aries / Fem / Size Queen in training
I'm also an artist.
Currently Owned/Gifted:

Med Flint in Soft
Med Crackers in Medium
Med Kelvin in Soft

always wanting more hehe!
User avatar
AkaiKitsune
Posts: 564
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:31 pm
Location: UK

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby AkaiKitsune » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:46 am

Vulpine Aurora wrote:My first project car! It's a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT, manual trans. It's a car with a rocky, riced out reputation to some people, being that it's a cheaper japanese car that featured in a Fast and Furious movie...but as my first manual and V6 (I've been driving an I4 automatic for years, before I had any interest in cars) it's plenty of fun. I bought her for $1,250 and have been reworking her up to daily driver. I think tomorrow is the day I get to test her out for a work day! I'm gonna give this car a good name again, at least around these parts. :smile:

She's got a new timing belt kit, headlights, engine mounts, sway bars, tons of various bushings, etc. Could use work on the brake system, suspension replacements, maybe a little in the valvetrain, probably a new radiator by the looks of the metal...and a complete flushing of all her fluids at some point, but that will be for after a couple more paycheck. Essentially it's the first car I'm doing all that dirty newbie mechanic work on. I'd love to own a Skyline or something like that in the future and treat it right, and this vehicle is going to be a very entertaining gateway to the world for the next couple years. :widesmile:
That's a nice price for some old japanese sportiness. That stage of finally getting a car roadworthy again is just such a feeling of accomplishment. I had so many rough nights where I couldn't sleep properly because I wanted to get back out and working on it again. Except my MR2. Fuck MR2s.

Also Skylines are great. Pretty expensive to own though.
User avatar
DickVision
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:52 pm
Gender: Genderfluid [Fem Body]
Location: UK

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby DickVision » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:59 am

:excited: Well, good to know the receptionist in my Flat's building probably knows I buy dragon dicks.

If it wasn't for Royal Mail roughly handling my parcel it would have been fine. But nope.

Does she actually know though? The box was easily opened with a little pressure on the top so...ehh.
:mystery:

On the other hand, Uni is nearly over. Thank heck, I've had so much work to do recently, I've been too stressed out.
User avatar
Akanisen
Posts: 7114
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:58 pm
Gender: Male(FtM), Pansexual, Demi-poly-romantic
Contact:

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Akanisen » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:08 am

DickVision wrote::excited: Well, good to know the receptionist in my Flat's building probably knows I buy dragon dicks.

If it wasn't for Royal Mail roughly handling my parcel it would have been fine. But nope.

Does she actually know though? The box was easily opened with a little pressure on the top so...ehh.
:mystery:

On the other hand, Uni is nearly over. Thank heck, I've had so much work to do recently, I've been too stressed out.

Wait what happened? Idk why but I didn't quite understand what happened :psyduck:
ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage
User avatar
DickVision
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:52 pm
Gender: Genderfluid [Fem Body]
Location: UK

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby DickVision » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:20 am

Akanisen wrote:
DickVision wrote:snip

Wait what happened? Idk why but I didn't quite understand what happened :psyduck:


Basically the box that the dicks I bought secondhand off the forums was...damaged a lot during transit, with the side bashed in a bit and the tape holding it shut coming off on one side. Meaning when I went to pick it up from reception in the building my flat is in, it was very easy to see what the contents were D:

Return to “General Off Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests