What's on your mind?

Discuss anything not related to Bad Dragon or the dedicated Forum Categories here! (Generally SFW. Please remember - No RP or Forum games!)
User avatar
Niah
Posts: 3326
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:25 am
Gender: Genderfluid

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Niah » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:45 pm

willowcat wrote:
Niah wrote:
Jasmine wrote:
I have one of those! :widesmile:

I have one of the "Lite" blankets (10lbs) and it is absolutely fantastic. I'm not on the spectrum, but I do have some sensory issues that might be tied to my ADHD. I got mine in the plaid fleece and it has been a lifesaver! It has really helped with the insomnia I get from my meds, plus it's a great weight to help calm myself down. Even in fleece, I don't find it too hot in Southern California without AC. But that is dry heat, so I can't really comment on how it would do with humidity.

My original order was stolen off the front porch (it's a big heavy box!), but Keith was wonderful and rushed a new one to us.

It's expensive, but I would highly recommend getting one at some point. I definitely know that I'm going to order some different sizes and weights in the future. I want a heavier one at some point and I'd also like one that is Queen sized!


Yeah, the humidity here sucks so much. If we had a/c or lived elsewhere, then I'd go ahead and order one right now. I'm tempted by the chenille (OMG I love the chocolate one) or minky textures since I really like soft things. I've got a very soft, lightweight blanket and it feels very nice. I tend to have issues quieting my mind when I try to sleep and it usually results in me freaking out a bit and crying myself to sleep. Not every night, but often enough for it to be a problem. I'm going to think on it and see how things go, and if I still have trouble with getting to sleep and with stress management, then I'll get one. I just don't know what weight to go with. Based on my own weight I should go for a 16lb or 18lb one. One of my cats (the one not dying right now) weighs in at close to 18lb, but that kind of weight on me and likely different from what the blanket will provide.



i know the problem of being to hot. i dont know if it will work for you but i find listening to audio-books when i am trying to go to sleep. i am also an avid stuffed animal collector and snugger i find the audio-books combined with covering myself in stuffed animals when i go to sleep seems to helps immensely. i do not know if these will help but i thought i would give suggestions.


Listening to stuff doesn't work. I get caught up in listening to whatever is playing rather than actually trying to sleep. My room is right by the living room and my mom has the tv on when I'm trying to sleep and I have to make sure she has the volume super low or else it's too loud for me too sleep. I have a stuffed cheetah I sleep with, but with how much I toss and turn before falling I sleep, he ends up just lying beside me without me actually holding me. I've also got a mini Squishable Kitsune (the red and white one) and a regular Squishable Ice Dragon, but he's too big for me to leave him on my bed while I sleep. He just ends up on the floor by morning. I do hold my cheetah when I'm feeling overwhelmed and very upset, so he is very comforting (and so soft). Thanks for your advice! I really appreciate it. :smilenox:
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
User avatar
Jasmine
Posts: 2253
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 7:06 pm
Gender: Female

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Jasmine » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:49 pm

Niah wrote:I've noticed that lately I've been moving around a lot in my sleep. I didn't used to do that. I think part of it is a bit of restless leg syndrome going on. I do sleep better in winter thanks to both the cooler air and the weight of more blankets on me. I put on just enough not to feel too stuff.

Yeah, the minky/chenille ones need to be air dried. Not really a problem much. I think it'd be worth it for the softness. I often imagine favorite characters of mine draping something heavy (a coat or a cloak or something) over my shoulders. I think you're right about the 16lb one being good for my first one. I can always order an 18lb one if I decide I want more weight. I wouldn't want to get the 18lb one and then be unhappy because it's too much or something. :smilenox:


Well, I hope you enjoy whatever you end up ordering! :nomnom:

Keith is super nice, so feel free to call/email if you have any questions. At least to my knowledge, he's the founder and the CS for the company. You could probably get a custom blanket made that has minky/chenille on one side and cotton on the other if you're concerned about the heat. I tend to sleep only under my weighted blanket during hot nights (no top sheet or other blankets) with the fan blowing on me and it's been very comfortable.
ImageImage
Avatar designed by Chibity
User avatar
Niah
Posts: 3326
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:25 am
Gender: Genderfluid

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Niah » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:03 pm

Jasmine wrote:
Niah wrote:I've noticed that lately I've been moving around a lot in my sleep. I didn't used to do that. I think part of it is a bit of restless leg syndrome going on. I do sleep better in winter thanks to both the cooler air and the weight of more blankets on me. I put on just enough not to feel too stuff.

Yeah, the minky/chenille ones need to be air dried. Not really a problem much. I think it'd be worth it for the softness. I often imagine favorite characters of mine draping something heavy (a coat or a cloak or something) over my shoulders. I think you're right about the 16lb one being good for my first one. I can always order an 18lb one if I decide I want more weight. I wouldn't want to get the 18lb one and then be unhappy because it's too much or something. :smilenox:


Well, I hope you enjoy whatever you end up ordering! :nomnom:

Keith is super nice, so feel free to call/email if you have any questions. At least to my knowledge, he's the founder and the CS for the company. You could probably get a custom blanket made that has minky/chenille on one side and cotton on the other if you're concerned about the heat. I tend to sleep only under my weighted blanket during hot nights (no top sheet or other blankets) with the fan blowing on me and it's been very comfortable.


Oh, I hadn't thought of doing a custom one. That would be pretty awesome actually. I used to sleep with a fan in the window during the warmer months, but I don't now. There's only one window in this room and the weights are broken, so it has to be propped up with a stick or with the fan itself, but my desk with my gaming computer is right in front of it, so it's just awkward. That and I'd rather not have to worry about yet more dust and crap getting pulled into the room when I have enough issues with dust and animal hair.

For me though I think the weight would be more of a concern over the texture where heat is concerned. If I go for a custom one, I'll probably email him to ask about the cost estimation for a cotton and chenille blanket at 16lbs.
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
User avatar
Jasmine
Posts: 2253
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 7:06 pm
Gender: Female

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Jasmine » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:10 pm

Niah wrote:Oh, I hadn't thought of doing a custom one. That would be pretty awesome actually. I used to sleep with a fan in the window during the warmer months, but I don't now. There's only one window in this room and the weights are broken, so it has to be propped up with a stick or with the fan itself, but my desk with my gaming computer is right in front of it, so it's just awkward. That and I'd rather not have to worry about yet more dust and crap getting pulled into the room when I have enough issues with dust and animal hair.

For me though I think the weight would be more of a concern over the texture where heat is concerned. If I go for a custom one, I'll probably email him to ask about the cost estimation for a cotton and chenille blanket at 16lbs.


Yeah, I have asthma and allergies, so having a window fan is both a blessing and a curse :eyeroll: I generally run an air filter if I have my window open, otherwise I just stick with my normal fan.

Good luck! Let us know what colors you end up going for (if you do decide to order!) :widesmile:
ImageImage
Avatar designed by Chibity
User avatar
Niah
Posts: 3326
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:25 am
Gender: Genderfluid

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Niah » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:20 pm

Jasmine wrote:
Niah wrote:Oh, I hadn't thought of doing a custom one. That would be pretty awesome actually. I used to sleep with a fan in the window during the warmer months, but I don't now. There's only one window in this room and the weights are broken, so it has to be propped up with a stick or with the fan itself, but my desk with my gaming computer is right in front of it, so it's just awkward. That and I'd rather not have to worry about yet more dust and crap getting pulled into the room when I have enough issues with dust and animal hair.

For me though I think the weight would be more of a concern over the texture where heat is concerned. If I go for a custom one, I'll probably email him to ask about the cost estimation for a cotton and chenille blanket at 16lbs.


Yeah, I have asthma and allergies, so having a window fan is both a blessing and a curse :eyeroll: I generally run an air filter if I have my window open, otherwise I just stick with my normal fan.

Good luck! Let us know what colors you end up going for (if you do decide to order!) :widesmile:


Thanks! :smilenox: I'm emailing him now to ask about the cost for having chocolate chenille on one side and green cotton on the other for a 16lb blanket. I almost went for the light blue cotton (same price), but I prefer darker colors and I think the green with the chocolate would look lovely together. Depending on the cost I might go ahead and go for it, or I might wait. One of my cats is close to passing (I've posted on this thread about him and on the sad thread just today) and I get the feeling that between that, studying for my A+ certification, and working a job I hate, I'm going to need all the comforting I can get. That and the irritation I'm feeling from Microsoft's update for Windows 10 screwing up my system (not irreparably, but enough to be annoying and make me wondering if I'll get stuck in an automatic repair loop again the next time I turn it on). So, yeah, I'm thinking I'll need that blanket. For now, drinking a lot of hot Lapsang Souchong tea is helping me keep a bit calm.
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
User avatar
wolfstardobe
Posts: 1342
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:49 pm
Gender: Female
Location: NM

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby wolfstardobe » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:43 pm

This headache needs to let up already.
Female Taken Heteroflexible Hobby Dog Trainer
User avatar
OphieL
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:25 pm
Gender: They/She

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby OphieL » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:56 am

i've got a bad case of Window Shopping lately
Ophie

Aries / Fem / Size Queen in training
I'm also an artist.
Currently Owned/Gifted:

Med Flint in Soft
Med Crackers in Medium
Med Kelvin in Soft

always wanting more hehe!
User avatar
Rainbow Dasher
Posts: 10491
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:25 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Australia

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:32 pm

I feel a bit better today, so maybe I can get started writing my next toy review.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
User avatar
Fire_Wolf
Posts: 1827
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:02 pm
Gender: M
Location: Central Illinois

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Fire_Wolf » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:53 pm

I wanna go home...my usuall shift got changed to a 3 day...I won't get to see my bed until Tuesday. :crying:

Plus I wanna play with Alice but gotta wait. Other than that I'm board as all get out.
Name: Fenrisulfr, 26/M/PM's welcome.
► Show Spoiler
User avatar
Big Bear
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:51 am
Gender: Male

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Big Bear » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:01 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:I feel a bit better today, so maybe I can get started writing my next toy review.

Glad you're feeling better today :widesmile:
User avatar
Niah
Posts: 3326
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:25 am
Gender: Genderfluid

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Niah » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:12 pm

I totally wasn't expecting Keith emailed me back about my custom Magic weighted blanket. For the 16lb 42inch x72inch blanket with green cotton on one side and chocolate chenille on the other, it's the same cost as a full chenille of the same size and weight, so I went for it. I think the dark brown and the green will look wonderful together. I did ask him about what shipping service they use since we've had issues with UPS delivery to wrong addresses in my area. I hope they use regular USPS or FedEx. He didn't mention shipping costs and the like though, so I don't know. I'm very excited about it and this has definitely cheered me up after this long week from hell. Well, this plus watching anime. :smilenox:

Edit: Ouch. The cost of the blanket plus shipping is high. Then again, I've spent more on an order here, so... The downside is that they only do UPS, so I either have to hope the driver delivers it to the right address, or I have to go hunt it down like I did with my previous BD order. I hope it arrives on one of my days off.
Last edited by Niah on Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
User avatar
Rainbow Dasher
Posts: 10491
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:25 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Australia

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:54 pm

Wrote a 4 page review on Hann's, for a promised review, but need to take pictures before I post it. At this rate, it'll probably take me another week or two. I can't go lifting heavy tubs or bending to rifle through them for at least another week.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
User avatar
ffirebbird
Posts: 571
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:10 am
Gender: plasma dude
Location: Las Vegas

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby ffirebbird » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:34 pm

Piece of shit woman who answered the phone for Pizza Hut was hella rude. Once she realized they fucked up (I ordered delivery and they apparently set it aside for carry-out), she thought it'd be okay to lie about it and try to say they were charging me more for not using the coupon, which I obviously did (as default), and even that didn't explain the delivery v. carry-out charge. Once I pointed that out, she got extremely defensive. Super condescending tone. I'll be reporting her

EDIT: Order came and they left out the marinara sauce
:angry:
21/MImageImage Special thanks to Chibity for the mini avatars
User avatar
HungryStray
Posts: 1449
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:58 am

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby HungryStray » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:48 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:I feel a bit better today, so maybe I can get started writing my next toy review.

Glad you're feeling better. <3 By the by do you ever get writers block? I'm having a hell of a time. D:
Soooo... I'm doing reviews now! http://doeadeert.tumblr.com/

"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!" Alex (Malcolm McDowell)

Controversy is the seeds of change and enlightenment. The fruits we harvest today will be the compost of tomorrow.
User avatar
Rainbow Dasher
Posts: 10491
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:25 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Australia

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:55 pm

HungryStray wrote:
Rainbow Dasher wrote:I feel a bit better today, so maybe I can get started writing my next toy review.

Glad you're feeling better. <3 By the by do you ever get writers block? I'm having a hell of a time. D:


Thanks. I am a little. I have gotten writer's block many times, yes. It happens to everyone who is a writer, hobbyist and novelist alike.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
User avatar
Akanisen
Posts: 7114
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:58 pm
Gender: Male(FtM), Pansexual, Demi-poly-romantic
Contact:

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Akanisen » Sun May 01, 2016 1:06 am

Got challenged today by someone who wanted to see which of us knew more about sex toys... I won :smilenox: But they knew a lot more than I was expecting I'll admit, I barely burnt them out XD It was my knowlage of how condoms on toxic toys doesn't actually affect the safety that did 'em in lol
ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage
User avatar
eloeelwe
Posts: 5728
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:24 pm
Gender: CIS Male, Gay
Location: Henderson, Nevada, USA
Contact:

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby eloeelwe » Sun May 01, 2016 7:59 am

ffirebbird wrote:Piece of shit woman who answered the phone for Pizza Hut was hella rude. Once she realized they fucked up (I ordered delivery and they apparently set it aside for carry-out), she thought it'd be okay to lie about it and try to say they were charging me more for not using the coupon, which I obviously did (as default), and even that didn't explain the delivery v. carry-out charge. Once I pointed that out, she got extremely defensive. Super condescending tone. I'll be reporting her

EDIT: Order came and they left out the marinara sauce
:angry:

Yeah, 'Pizza Hut' has really gone down hill in this town. Even the ones here in Hendertucky.
We have been ordering from Papa Murphy's, no delivery, but the pizza is awesome and you bake it yourself.
___________________________________________


See the dragon's share of my artwork, here: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/eloeelwe/
Or here: http://eloeelwe.deviantart.com/
HurricaneLane
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:37 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Too far north

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby HurricaneLane » Sun May 01, 2016 8:41 am

I have tomorrow and Tuesday off, and I am so going out to party tonight. I've made so much OT in the last couple weeks, it's like I have a 3rd job. And no, I will not be taking any phone calls to come in by anyone.
► Show Spoiler
User avatar
Jazzi the Pegasus
Posts: 2888
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:31 pm
Gender: Female, hetero, loves matte
Location: Southern Wisconsin

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Jazzi the Pegasus » Sun May 01, 2016 9:15 am

I have the entire week off this coming week due to low capacity. Too bad it's not paid vacation.
Image
User avatar
Avari
Posts: 188
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:59 pm
Gender: Heteroflexible cis-female

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Avari » Sun May 01, 2016 12:33 pm

My shift's changing at work and I'm supposed to be visiting a friend out of state this month. Need to change everything around... Again. :doh:
► Show Spoiler

acadiar.tumblr.com
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “General Off Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests