What's on your mind?

Discuss anything not related to Bad Dragon or the dedicated Forum Categories here! (Generally SFW. Please remember - No RP or Forum games!)
Niah

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Niah » Tue May 10, 2016 5:54 pm

Work was okay until around 1 or so. I really hate working with my boss' father. He's normally fine, but he's a rather crotchety old man, and "please" doesn't seem to be part of his vocabulary. We clashed today rather majorly and it made the last 2-2.5 hours unpleasant. I spent the time occupying myself with other work and thoroughly avoiding any direct interaction with him.

My weight blanket arrived and it's wonderful! Well, I love how it feels and looks; I won't know how well I sleep with it until tonight. I'm glad I went with green cotton on one side and chocolate chenille on the other. That cheered me up a lot. It was also a major plus that UPS didn't try to deliver it to the wrong address. My mom thinks either the new driver figured out the streets in town, or maybe we have our usual driver back. Who knows.

Microsoft rolled out their May patch/update today. It downloaded and installed without any issues, but it didn't fix anything that hasn't been working properly. I chatted with a Microsoft person on Reddit and he is of the opinion that the annoyances (they're not major issues, but not enough to be ignored really either, and I'm in a constant state of stress that I'm going to get a BSoD at any moment) are unrelated to the updates.

I haven't done any studying today and I really should try and squeeze in a little bit soon. I've been doing a lot of digging into playing my Steam games through PlayOnLinux (the best option, really, since I have the space) or WineHQ. Either one would work. There are a few games that might/will have some issues (installing, loading and then crashing, etc), but I know with 100% certainty that my favorite Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning works beautifully. I also know I can play Skyrim without any trouble. I can pretty much play most of the games I've already bought without much trouble at all. There are a few I'd like to able to play, but it's also not a deal-breaker to not play them. I haven't been in a gaming mood lately for a while now, so it'll be a while probably before I really want to settle in and game a while. The other deal is that having Windows right here makes running through some of the stuff the book discusses pretty easy, and it gives me a better grasp on what to do. That being said, my recall is pretty great for computers, and if it's something I can look at on 7, I've got my dad's desktop I can look at. So yeah, I'm fairly certain I'm going to ditch 10 and move over to Ubuntu. I do realize that I can dual-boot and have 10 and Ubuntu, but honestly, I'd rather not have Windows anywhere on my system at all at this stage. 10 is just too buggy, and if I were to do a clean install of it, I'd rather do a clean install of Ubuntu. /end tech rambling
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Tue May 10, 2016 5:59 pm

Welp, I found a way to exercise that's actually, you know...fun!

My husband recently got in his HTC Vive (it's a VR thing) and after trying out a few demos, one of them archery, I stumbled upon a very interactive archery game that has you moving around, lots of dodging and ducking. (look up Holopoint HTC Vive, on YouTube, if curious.)

We also found a game called Audio Shield, which basically throws colored balls at you, in time to music, and you have to punch them out of the way. Kind of like a DDR, but for your hands.

People who have worn a FitBit while playing the first game, have said that you do get quite the workout. It makes me want to get a FitBit, so I can track what I'm doing. Usually whenever I am game enough to do a 25 minute exercise tape, usually some low impact aerobics, I can be sorely winded, but barely sweating. 30 minutes of Holopoint and I am *dripping*. I traded off with my husband, probably playing about 15 rounds of it overall, not to mention close to 30 songs just on Audio Shield, because it was so fun!

I now have severe body aches and am still a little winded, 15 hours later. Basically, it feels like I haven't worked out in a year, and then went to the gym for a good hour or two, pushing full force.

I think those two games alone will be a good workout, especially once we move and actually have required room specs, so we can move around a lot more than currently. I really want to play more Holopoint, but I am so sore I can barely even stand up to walk to the bathroom, much less do anything that requires much movement!
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Fire_Wolf

Postby Fire_Wolf » Tue May 10, 2016 6:42 pm

Finally after a six month battle with this darn affordable healthcare act, I've gotten my health insurance all figured out and active. Now the battle is with the DRs, one says they sent the referral so I can get my injury looked at, and the other says they haven't received it. So the fourth time is the charm. Get that taken care of, then its onto my teeth, all the while trying to loose some weight and get a healthier self image going.

Its gonna be hard, but I've got some amazing people helping me keep on track. You know who you are.
Name: Fenrisulfr, 26/M/PM's welcome.
► Show Spoiler
badkitty76

Postby badkitty76 » Tue May 10, 2016 6:43 pm

Fire_Wolf wrote:Post
nice wolfy. I hate the dentist but it's something of a necessary evil
My new year's resolution is to play with more dragon dicks!
Always looking for new friends. Always welcome pm's for any kinda of chat.
Male & bisexual. Mated with Elunora
badkitty76

Postby badkitty76 » Tue May 10, 2016 6:45 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:Welp, I found a way to exercise that's actually, you know...fun!

My husband recently got in his HTC Vive (it's a VR thing) and after trying out a few demos, one of them archery, I stumbled upon a very interactive archery game that has you moving around, lots of dodging and ducking. (look up Holopoint HTC Vive, on YouTube, if curious.)

We also found a game called Audio Shield, which basically throws colored balls at you, in time to music, and you have to punch them out of the way. Kind of like a DDR, but for your hands.

People who have worn a FitBit while playing the first game, have said that you do get quite the workout. It makes me want to get a FitBit, so I can track what I'm doing. Usually whenever I am game enough to do a 25 minute exercise tape, usually some low impact aerobics, I can be sorely winded, but barely sweating. 30 minutes of Holopoint and I am *dripping*. I traded off with my husband, probably playing about 15 rounds of it overall, not to mention close to 30 songs just on Audio Shield, because it was so fun!

I now have severe body aches and am still a little winded, 15 hours later. Basically, it feels like I haven't worked out in a year, and then went to the gym for a good hour or two, pushing full force.

I think those two games alone will be a good workout, especially once we move and actually have required room specs, so we can move around a lot more than currently. I really want to play more Holopoint, but I am so sore I can barely even stand up to walk to the bathroom, much less do anything that requires much movement!

Awesome RD! Those look like a lot of fun. I bet VR shops pop up where you rent time on the system as they get more advanced. I know I would try it out for sure.
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Tue May 10, 2016 6:49 pm

badkitty76 wrote:
Awesome RD! Those look like a lot of fun. I bet VR shops pop up where you rent time on the system as they get more advanced. I know I would try it out for sure.

Thing is, you need a pretty advanced computer, just to run it. My husband spent about 3.5K updating his, and his two GFX cards retail for about 890, each. Without renting an entire desktop rig...there's no way the average person can just rent, take it home and play. It also requires "base stations" to be screwed into high points on the wall, and they have to be able to see/read each other. You also need a lot of software. Maybe in a decade or two they will have systems you can rent to try, but not yet.

Edit: I think I mis-read your post. Oops! For some reason it popped into my head you meant people renting the system to take home and play, like video shops used to do with consoles. XD I understand what you mean, now! There were some EB games and the like that were demo-ing the Vive, at one stage. Can't hurt to keep a look out and see if anywhere is still doing it.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
badkitty76

Postby badkitty76 » Tue May 10, 2016 6:57 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:
badkitty76 wrote:

Thing is, you need a pretty advanced computer, just to run it. My husband spent about 3.5K updating his, and his two GFX cards retail for about 890, each. Without renting an entire desktop rig...there's no way the average person can just rent, take it home and play. It also requires "base stations" to be screwed into high points on the wall, and they have to be able to see/read each other. You also need a lot of software. Maybe in a decade or two they will have systems you can rent to try, but not yet.

Edit: I think I mis-read your post. Oops! For some reason it popped into my head you meant people renting the system to take home and play, like video shops used to do with consoles. XD I understand what you mean, now! There were some EB games and the like that were demo-ing the Vive, at one stage. Can't hurt to keep a look out and see if anywhere is still doing it.

No worries. Yeah I meant like a VR center that you would go to with "bays" that you could rent out for an hour or whatever. They already do it with golf simulators so this should be a trivial step. Will definitely keep eye out. The practical applications for this are amazing. Can you imagine someone that is highly allergic to the world being able to go for a hike or exercise "outdoors"? Sure it's not the same thing but it's closer than those people will probably ever get.
wolfstardobe

Postby wolfstardobe » Tue May 10, 2016 7:20 pm

New starter Pokemon announced for Sun and Moon.
Female Taken Heteroflexible Hobby Dog Trainer
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Tue May 10, 2016 7:55 pm

badkitty76 wrote:
No worries. Yeah I meant like a VR center that you would go to with "bays" that you could rent out for an hour or whatever. They already do it with golf simulators so this should be a trivial step. Will definitely keep eye out. The practical applications for this are amazing. Can you imagine someone that is highly allergic to the world being able to go for a hike or exercise "outdoors"? Sure it's not the same thing but it's closer than those people will probably ever get.

The only other, real issue is that you really need a full-sized room - at least 15 X 15 feet, for playing. The minimum is 5 X 6.5 feet, but that is incredibly restrictive and doesn't lend itself to really doing anything with it. I can see VR Centres popping up, eventually, but probably not for another several years or more.
OphieL

Postby OphieL » Tue May 10, 2016 9:51 pm

There's this temp job that I've got lined up for tomorrow afternoon and everyone that I've tried asking for a ride from is busy. I don't want to have to take and taxi/ride service, but it's looking like I might have to and I can't afford to do so. It's awful because I really want to get this job because it could potentially become a regular thing. So much is riding on tomorrow and I don't want a car ride to ruin it.
Ophie

Aries / Fem / Size Queen in training
I'm also an artist.
Currently Owned/Gifted:

Med Flint in Soft
Med Crackers in Medium
Med Kelvin in Soft

always wanting more hehe!
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Tue May 10, 2016 11:36 pm

What's on my mind, you ask? Playtime! These lovely toys and I are about to spend the next hour or two together. :scheming:

Playtime.jpg

Edit: For the curious:

Medium Xar, large Xar, medium and large Apollo, medium Clayton, medium Scorn, medium Flint, large Echo, Remus and Bishop from EE, mini Orca, small gryphon, medium Razor, and Murray from EE.
Arumaeruma

Postby Arumaeruma » Wed May 11, 2016 6:57 am

I feel waay too hungover for my own good omg
Laura the Nord

Postby Laura the Nord » Wed May 11, 2016 7:29 am

wolfstardobe wrote:New starter Pokemon announced for Sun and Moon.

Oh my god, I haven't followed the Pokemon scene at all lately, thank you so much for sharing! I've played through all the generations and I will definitely get Sun or Moon when they come out (or maybe both!) :widesmile:
stuck-on-the-knot1

Postby stuck-on-the-knot1 » Wed May 11, 2016 9:22 am

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH FIRE CAT STARTER AND AN GRASS TYPE OWL! I AM SO HYPED :misc2: :bugeyed: THANK YOU!
Female 22 Pansexual Taken Polyamorous Furry Pokemaniac Whovian Rock Music Lover Food Lover

Currently own : 26 toys (Toy list on Profile)

Don't be afraid to send a PM!~ I love talking with people and making friends
Laura the Nord

Postby Laura the Nord » Wed May 11, 2016 10:29 am

stuck-on-the-knot1 wrote:

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH FIRE CAT STARTER AND AN GRASS TYPE OWL! I AM SO HYPED :misc2: :bugeyed: THANK YOU!

THE GRASS STARTER IS GRASS AND AIR!!! I can't wait to see their evolved forms, hopefully they'll get leaked soon!
wolfstardobe

Postby wolfstardobe » Wed May 11, 2016 4:30 pm

Laura the Nord wrote:
stuck-on-the-knot1 wrote:

THE GRASS STARTER IS GRASS AND AIR!!! I can't wait to see their evolved forms, hopefully they'll get leaked soon!

I'm super excited. I am totally going to choose Litten! Although I like Rowlet too because they needed a flying starter. Poppilo is okay but I've never been a big fan of the seel based Pokemon...
Female Taken Heteroflexible Hobby Dog Trainer
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Wed May 11, 2016 4:38 pm

Thinking I might go ahead and call my collection, done, or very damn close. After a session last night... I think 9.75" circumference, may be my limit. I have 2 toys that have a 10" measure at some point on them, and trying to take them... it always makes me feel like I am stretching my perineum to the breaking point. A couple of the other toys I was beginning to look at, long for and lust after... I don't think they're going to happen, but I also don't think I'm that fussed about it anymore, either.
Niah

Postby Niah » Wed May 11, 2016 6:15 pm

I'm nearing the end of one of my study books for the A+ CompTIA certification exams. I didn't get any studying done last night thanks to researching Linux distros. I'm very familiar with Linux and have used older versions of Ubuntu and Mint in the past. I'm putting all my tech rambling behind the spoiler to spare y'all.

► Show Spoiler
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
reine

Postby reine » Wed May 11, 2016 6:20 pm

If I manage to sell all of these figures, I'll be about $1200 CAD richer.

That'd cover the rest of my BD wishlist with cash to spare! :excited:
Love? Love fades away. But Bad Dragons? Bad Dragons are forever.
Arumaeruma

Postby Arumaeruma » Wed May 11, 2016 6:21 pm

reine wrote:If I manage to sell all of these figures, I'll be about $1200 CAD richer.

That'd cover the rest of my BD wishlist with cash to spare! :excited:

What figures are you planning on selling if I may ask?

Return to “General Off Topic”