What's on your mind?

Discuss anything not related to Bad Dragon or the dedicated Forum Categories here! (Generally SFW. Please remember - No RP or Forum games!)
wolfstardobe

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby wolfstardobe » Fri May 20, 2016 10:48 am

Peaked at the new animal control ordinance for my county. Seems they left out a huge portion of people's with disabilities when writing their service dog section. Federal law over rules it but I'm still going to write the district attorney.
Female Taken Heteroflexible Hobby Dog Trainer
Splicer-Gene27

Postby Splicer-Gene27 » Fri May 20, 2016 11:58 am

So me and my mom (yeah i still live with my parents even though I'm almost 24...lol oops) but me and my mom will be heading to the local animal shelter this week. I am looking to adopt another dog for the household ^^
Female| 25| Cosplayer | RolePlayer

Toy List
► Show Spoiler

Check my profile for Wish List

Bad Dragon Bio~Tumblr
Niah

Postby Niah » Fri May 20, 2016 12:03 pm

Splicer-Gene27 wrote:So me and my mom (yeah i still live with my parents even though I'm almost 24...lol oops) but me and my mom will be heading to the local animal shelter this week. I am looking to adopt another dog for the household ^^

I'm nearly 28 and still living at home too. Not by choice exactly and I'm working on getting a full-time job so I can move out, but I need to pass these two certification exams first. You're definitely not the only one still living with their parents though.
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Fri May 20, 2016 12:05 pm

Splicer-Gene27 wrote:So me and my mom (yeah i still live with my parents even though I'm almost 24...lol oops) but me and my mom will be heading to the local animal shelter this week. I am looking to adopt another dog for the household ^^

You're not alone. My husband and I (not by choice) lived with parental's until we were both in our early 30's. Sometimes there is just no choice in it. For us, it was either that or be homeless.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
wolfstardobe

Postby wolfstardobe » Fri May 20, 2016 12:48 pm

Yay doggy! And no worries, I'm 25 still live with my dad. Nothing wrong with it. Plus, the house is under my name now that he's been sick so I'm really not going anywhere.

I hope you find a wonderful dog!
blushingkitten

Postby blushingkitten » Fri May 20, 2016 12:54 pm

My Fucking Sculptures toy! Apparently 'limited edition' meant 'just one', and I'm super excited to see it in person because the pics were lovely! It's supposed to be shipped Monday or Tuesday and I cannot wait... I've had to wait this entire week, since I was unsure if a coupon code worked with it (it didn't), but now that I know the order is making progress.... Eee!

So excited! Can't stop thinking about it... I need something happy to look forward to with all the stress in my life right now.
New Discord server for the discussion of toys with a moderated secondhand section. Silicone Soirée
DragonDestroyer

Postby DragonDestroyer » Fri May 20, 2016 1:23 pm

blushingkitten wrote:My Fucking Sculptures toy! Apparently 'limited edition' meant 'just one', and I'm super excited to see it in person because the pics were lovely! It's supposed to be shipped Monday or Tuesday and I cannot wait... I've had to wait this entire week, since I was unsure if a coupon code worked with it (it didn't), but now that I know the order is making progress.... Eee!

So excited! Can't stop thinking about it... I need something happy to look forward to with all the stress in my life right now.

Ohhh a fucking sculptures toy! You should share the pics with us!
blushingkitten

Postby blushingkitten » Fri May 20, 2016 1:37 pm

DragonDestroyer wrote:
blushingkitten wrote:My Fucking Sculptures toy! Apparently 'limited edition' meant 'just one', and I'm super excited to see it in person because the pics were lovely! It's supposed to be shipped Monday or Tuesday and I cannot wait... I've had to wait this entire week, since I was unsure if a coupon code worked with it (it didn't), but now that I know the order is making progress.... Eee!

Ohhh a fucking sculptures toy! You should share the pics with us!

SO EXCITED. http://fuckingsculptures.com/shop/atmospheri/, and here are the pics (under spoiler), if you're too lazy to click the link. :p

► Show Spoiler
New Discord server for the discussion of toys with a moderated secondhand section. Silicone Soirée
stuck-on-the-knot1

Postby stuck-on-the-knot1 » Fri May 20, 2016 2:51 pm

This how I feel when I try to talk to girls irl! I am super confident on the internet but then I act like this in real life :doh:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9myDpylggCo
Female 22 Pansexual Taken Polyamorous Furry Pokemaniac Whovian Rock Music Lover Food Lover

Currently own : 26 toys (Toy list on Profile)

Don't be afraid to send a PM!~ I love talking with people and making friends
Deored

Postby Deored » Fri May 20, 2016 3:39 pm

wolfstardobe wrote:
Deored wrote:
wolfstardobe wrote:Been watching Bleach and the mod-souls got me thinking... What if Toy Story was just filled with mod-souls that are hiding from the Soul Society?

:psyduck:

I wouldn't blame them, those people were jerks.

True! I honestly like it because of the mythology and fights that the anime presents. I kind of believe that they would be jerks in real life too if such a place existed. Cocky animated bastards.

Jerks are jerks, animated or not. I've watched Bleach in the past but I ran out of episodes online back then and never picked it up again. Does anyone know why the show is called bleach anyway? I didn't see any laundry being done.
Akanisen

Postby Akanisen » Fri May 20, 2016 4:06 pm

Well, I've had an interesting few weeks. TL;DR Starting college after being out of school for several years, and they have a gaming club and LGBT+ group there I plan on looking into when fall comes around. Parents not happy I got a binder so now it's sitting on a shelf unopened so neither them or I are allowed to mess with it. Looking for a local job. And finally I have a counselor who agrees my parents are too controlling.

► Show Spoiler
ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage
AriesCat

Postby AriesCat » Fri May 20, 2016 4:15 pm

I've have a ton of stuff to do before my next con. So today I did... none of it. The snake rack has been ready to go into the new snakeroom for months now so the husband and I finally hauled it up the stairs and in. It was insanely heavy. My arms are noodles.

Then while the snakes were chillin' in their transport tubs I figured their main tubs could use a deep clean and their water bowls a good scrub/disinfect since they've just been spot-cleaned for a while.

Now they're all in clean tubs on clean liners with new clean pasta box hides and clean water bowls. And all I have left to do is bleach the bathtub where I scrubbed everything. I'm putting that off though because I have noodle-arms. I went to pick up one of the cats and it felt like he weighed about 80lbs.
► Show Spoiler
wolfstardobe

Postby wolfstardobe » Fri May 20, 2016 4:18 pm

Deored wrote:
wolfstardobe wrote:
Deored wrote:I wouldn't blame them, those people were jerks.

True! I honestly like it because of the mythology and fights that the anime presents. I kind of believe that they would be jerks in real life too if such a place existed. Cocky animated bastards.

Jerks are jerks, animated or not. I've watched Bleach in the past but I ran out of episodes online back then and never picked it up again. Does anyone know why the show is called bleach anyway? I didn't see any laundry being done.

After a certain point it does get pretty ridiculous anyway and a lot of fans believe that the true ending is not where the anime or manga actually end.

Shinigami "cleanse" souls, similar to what bleach does, Kubo himself mentioned this in an interview. Also Kubo is a fan of the band Nirvana, and their first album is Bleach. So he made a metaphor out of his favorite band's album pretty much.
Deored

Postby Deored » Fri May 20, 2016 5:17 pm

wolfstardobe wrote:
After a certain point it does get pretty ridiculous anyway and a lot of fans believe that the true ending is not where the anime or manga actually end.

Shinigami "cleanse" souls, similar to what bleach does, Kubo himself mentioned this in an interview. Also Kubo is a fan of the band Nirvana, and their first album is Bleach. So he made a metaphor out of his favorite band's album pretty much.

I stopped in the middle of the Bount(vampire) arc. It felt done when they left the soul society though.

And finally an explanation. Never could find one back when I cared. Guess I can let that mystery go now.
thesharkwhisperer

Postby thesharkwhisperer » Fri May 20, 2016 11:11 pm

Why the hell am I awake so early ?
History nerd - Dino lover - Pokémon - HUBBADUH
Kimmo

Postby Kimmo » Sat May 21, 2016 7:05 am

A bit hung over from drunken escapades yesterday.

Thinking about how to get enough food for the near future. Money sucks :P
One happy tear for a good friend.
willowcat

Postby willowcat » Sat May 21, 2016 8:16 am

woohoo new pony episode today. and then a god damned doctors visit today..... i severely dislike doctors. :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:
plushies have feelings to..... well.......they do.
Eowaraldur

Postby Eowaraldur » Sat May 21, 2016 9:30 am

I got an 8 hour shift today starting in like 20 minutes.... I really hope my "silicone sculpture" doesn't decide to arrive while I'm at work :surprised:
No idea how anyone in my family would react yet :doh:
Hello there! I'm a pansexual guy; I don't differentiate between sexes/genders - If I like you, it is because I like you as a person! <3
Current/Wishlist/Waiting
► Show Spoiler
Kimmo

Postby Kimmo » Sat May 21, 2016 9:48 am

Zaphora wrote:
Kimpumomo wrote:A bit hung over from drunken escapades yesterday.

Thinking about how to get enough food for the near future. Money sucks :P

Pop tarts are always awesome :)

No money for that stuff :(

Gotta be cheap and nutritious.
One happy tear for a good friend.
Jasmine

Postby Jasmine » Sat May 21, 2016 10:24 am

Kimpumomo wrote:No money for that stuff :(

Gotta be cheap and nutritious.

At least where I live, you can buy rice, beans, frozen veggies, and some tougher cuts of meat for pretty cheap ($1.99/lbs or less). I'm so sick and tired of eating chicken pretty much every single day, but I can get it for ~$5/5lbs in a bulk package of bone-in skin-on thighs. Eggs can be good too if you're willing to go with cheaper ones instead of the fancy free-range stuff. Pasta can be good too, but I burn out on pasta much faster than on rice. And basically any tough meat cooked on low heat for long enough will be better in the long run. Crock pots are great for cheap meals, especially because you can essentially make a meal for an entire week if you're not too picky about eating leftovers every day.

Any extra money can go towards spices to help make the same boring cheap rotation taste better/different.
ImageImage

Return to “General Off Topic”