What's on your mind?

Discuss anything not related to Bad Dragon or the dedicated Forum Categories here! (Generally SFW. Please remember - No RP or Forum games!)
willowcat

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby willowcat » Mon May 23, 2016 1:23 pm

MY SQUISHABLE HAS ARRIVED TODAY. i wonder how my other stuffed animals will react to her?
plushies have feelings to..... well.......they do.
willowcat

Postby willowcat » Mon May 23, 2016 1:44 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:All of the earlier talk of having a garden really makes me want to start one, when we move. We used to have on a few years back, when we had to live with family for a while. We had potatoes, scallions, squash, rhubarb, mushrooms, snap peas; we even had raspberries, black currants, lemons, quince, and apple.

When we move I think we're going to have to find a place with some sort of backyard.

i have a container garden in my back yard. i went the cheapest way possible and bought Styrofoam coolers, you know the ones that are designed to be thrown away after it cools you beer. i decided to use these kind because we rent the ground where i live is mostly sand and wont grow much of anything edible :crying: . the Styrofoam coolers are an insulator so it keeps the root system from getting to hot and dying. i also put holes in the coolers for proper drainage. i learned alot this past year about gardening. i grow mint because who dosent like a good cold mint green tea or mint lemon aid? i also grow mostly herbs such as, rosemary, thyme, orgaino, opal basil, carrots, lettuce, parsley, and chives. its mostly an herb garden. i have grown tomatoes and learned that you got to be careful about giving them the right amount of water. to much and you wont get tomato just blossoms. soap and water mixed together makes a pest deterrent and prevents tomato or hook worms.
wolfstardobe

Postby wolfstardobe » Mon May 23, 2016 4:40 pm

I laid down and ended up sleeping for 3 hours :bugeyed: Opps!
Female Taken Heteroflexible Hobby Dog Trainer
Eowaraldur

Postby Eowaraldur » Mon May 23, 2016 4:51 pm

I had a great day at work yesterday for once (I work retail :eyeroll:) Someone came in and bought 50 of the same item, whose profits go to charity. Very nice of them to donate to that charity, but I also secretly thank them for giving me 50 "suggestive" sales! That is like 5 times what we are expected to sell daily :excited:

I have a feeling my manager will be quite happy! (I have one of those "GO TEAM! STORE SPIRIT!" managers lol)
Hello there! I'm a pansexual guy; I don't differentiate between sexes/genders - If I like you, it is because I like you as a person! <3
Current/Wishlist/Waiting
► Show Spoiler
Vulpine Aurora

Postby Vulpine Aurora » Mon May 23, 2016 4:51 pm

wolfstardobe wrote:I laid down and ended up sleeping for 3 hours :bugeyed: Opps!

I like to meditate once a daily if I can, and that often leaves me so calm I get a bit sleepy. I'll sometimes set a twenty minute alarm, and hit the hay for a power-nap. It's a very relaxing experience. :smilenox:

Eowaraldur wrote:I have one of those "GO TEAM! STORE SPIRIT!" managers

Ugh, I hate those people. My first retail experience was at Staples; second biggest mistake of my life, I think. The floor associates did 99% the work, and everyone above us just bitched that shit wasn't done, save for this one assistant manager who actually worked alongside us because he valued the idea of "I should be able to do the work of those below me, if I am above them." My current job is in a family franchise chain, and it is leagues better an experience.
The name's Quinn. I'm an extremely friendly, open-minded fellow if you ask to get to know me. Please feel free to shoot me a PM and chat if you'd like! I always welcome a good conversation, pretty much regardless of the topic.

Bad Dragon goals: Knot an XL Rex, hilt an XL Chance Unflared, and get past my legacy Large Chance Flared's medial ring.
AriesCat

Postby AriesCat » Mon May 23, 2016 5:00 pm

I had a bulk order for 500 catnip bags. I usually only sell 5-10 a day when I'm busy.

On one hand yay, payin' my bills and saving up for fun things! :widesmile:

On the other, I am already envisioning the hours and hours of work that's going to involve! :crying:
► Show Spoiler
Eowaraldur

Postby Eowaraldur » Mon May 23, 2016 5:03 pm

Vulpine Aurora wrote:Ugh, I hate those people. My first retail experience was at Staples; second biggest mistake of my life, I think. The floor associates did 99% the work, and everyone above us just bitched that shit wasn't done, save for this one assistant manager who actually worked alongside us because he valued the idea of "I should be able to do the work of those below me, if I am above them." My current job is in a family franchise chain, and it is leagues better an experience.

19, East Coast, AND first job at staples? Not only that, but you don't work there anymore? :surprised: My location was shut down, that's why I am not there anymore... if that was your reason too (I know they closed a few stores), I think we must be some sort of long lost twins lol! This is getting crazy!
Hello there! I'm a pansexual guy; I don't differentiate between sexes/genders - If I like you, it is because I like you as a person! <3
Current/Wishlist/Waiting
► Show Spoiler
willowcat

Postby willowcat » Mon May 23, 2016 7:25 pm

those of you that have received a squishable, how are they supposed to feel? mine feels lumpy like it was stuffed with cotton balls and smells funny. it is my second squishable and my first one did not feel like leaf sea dragon thats the one i just got.
Fire_Wolf

Postby Fire_Wolf » Mon May 23, 2016 7:40 pm

Whats on my mind...not much. Wishing that I can land this job...17 more days before they stop applications, after they extended the deadline. :surprised:
Name: Fenrisulfr, 26/M/PM's welcome.
► Show Spoiler
Splicer-Gene27

Postby Splicer-Gene27 » Mon May 23, 2016 9:37 pm

going to the shelter tomorrow....so excited!!!
Female| 25| Cosplayer | RolePlayer

Toy List
► Show Spoiler

Check my profile for Wish List

Bad Dragon Bio~Tumblr
wolfstardobe

Postby wolfstardobe » Mon May 23, 2016 10:58 pm

willowcat wrote:those of you that have received a squishable, how are they supposed to feel? mine feels lumpy like it was stuffed with cotton balls and smells funny. it is my second squishable and my first one did not feel like leaf sea dragon thats the one i just got.

Did you contact customer service? That doesn't sound right... Especially if your first one isn't the same.

I don't have direct experience but I hope you can figure it out.
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Tue May 24, 2016 1:38 am

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
thesharkwhisperer

Postby thesharkwhisperer » Tue May 24, 2016 2:39 am

I found the best kickstarter :misc2: :excited: I encourage every dino enthusiast to check out this series of articulated raptors action figures ( scientifically accurate raptors ! )

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/99 ... escription

A lot of the stretch goals have already been reached so there is even more to pledge for than the three main ones. The calendar is also amazing :bugeyed: I have to sell some stuff to make up for the money spent, but I really couldn't resist.
Attachments
image.jpeg
History nerd - Dino lover - Pokémon - HUBBADUH
naughtybun

Postby naughtybun » Tue May 24, 2016 7:13 am

Rainbow Dasher wrote:
Hidden Content

I hope you feel a little better and safer soon with a companion to lean on!!
add, depression, anxiety. thanks mother nature.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
https://www.f-list.net/c/naughtybun
Knottery

Postby Knottery » Tue May 24, 2016 9:23 am

My squishable order has shipped! :smilenox:
willowcat

Postby willowcat » Tue May 24, 2016 9:29 am

wolfstardobe wrote:
willowcat wrote:those of you that have received a squishable, how are they supposed to feel? mine feels lumpy like it was stuffed with cotton balls and smells funny. it is my second squishable and my first one did not feel like leaf sea dragon thats the one i just got.

Did you contact customer service? That doesn't sound right... Especially if your first one isn't the same.

I don't have direct experience but I hope you can figure it out.

Yes i have contacted squishable and i am waiting on a reply. my squishable looks amazing and if i have to i can restuff her.
willowcat

Postby willowcat » Tue May 24, 2016 9:35 am

Rainbow Dasher wrote:
Hidden Content

i have been told that i should get a psychological service dog as well. but i have to come up with the money to get the dog and then train it, i have contacted many charities and filled out many applications for a dog and the training. i have also done alot of research to find out what kind of dog will best suit me. the problem is i have to go out into public places and crowds to see how the breed of dogs on my list behave so i know a little of what to expect if i get that type of dog.
wolfstardobe

Postby wolfstardobe » Tue May 24, 2016 9:38 am

Rainbow Dasher wrote:
Hidden Content

Good luck!!!
thesharkwhisperer

Postby thesharkwhisperer » Tue May 24, 2016 10:08 am

I have been looking into service dogs for so long, and after talking with my therapist who had no idea either, I really think the "psychological" kind of service dogs isn't even a thing in my country. I looked at entry forms of all kind and from what I gathered, to get a service dog you have to be physically disabled. We have "guide dogs" for blind people, "listening dogs" for deaf people, "helping dogs" for anyone who suffers a severe physical handicap ( being in a wheelchair for example ) and "alert dogs" for people with epilepsy, so they can prevent or help during an epileptic crisis. That is all you get from the service dog federation here, at no point do they talk about mental illness. I don't even think people with severe PTSD are eligible.

I can't say mental illnesses are treated very seriously here to begin with, so that probably plays a role into why we can't get service dogs, because we don't "look sick" and all that jazz.
History nerd - Dino lover - Pokémon - HUBBADUH
Bad Flagon

Postby Bad Flagon » Tue May 24, 2016 10:58 am

Arrgh, going to have to take my computer to a shop to get the software end squared away. Dang driver cd that came with my mobo says my model is incompatible for whatever reason. :angry:

Rainbow Dasher wrote:
Hidden Content

Good luck! I know it will help out immensely. My cat wasn't any kind of special service cat, but she helped me through some tough times with my depression and anxiety. Pets are the best medicine.

Hidden Content

Poor baby got a nick on her ear a year ago somehow. I really miss her since I moved away.

Return to “General Off Topic”