What's on your mind?

Discuss anything not related to Bad Dragon or the dedicated Forum Categories here! (Generally SFW. Please remember - No RP or Forum games!)
Shadow_Twisted

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Shadow_Twisted » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:14 pm

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Things are looking up.
Niah

Postby Niah » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:24 pm

wolfstardobe wrote:
searlefm wrote:
wolfstardobe wrote:
The whole system froze. I just bought it last semester. It's Windows 10. Thanks, I'll let you know!

have you installed anything new in this last weak or so before it started freezing?

No, it's odd.

I don't keep track of Microsoft's Windows 10 updates and such anymore, but it's possible that the most recent update is causing the problem. When you're logged in is everything working as it should? Can you access everything without any trouble? I ran into issues with 10 on and off from December through April (first it was the occasional BSoD from a driver issue, which stopped when I just disabled the driver; then I had some major trouble, possibly caused by the March update; and then I had some further trouble that may or may not have been the April update. Either way I determined that some integral OS files got corrupt and nothing short of a clean reinstall of 10 would fix the issue. So I ditched 10 and am running Ubuntu trouble free.). So yeah, could be an update issue. Could be a virus issue or a hard drive issue as well. Unless it happens again or repeatedly or there are other issues that crop up, it's difficult to tell what the source of the lockups might be. Does the computer have a hard drive or a solid state drive? I can instruct you how to get to the Event Viewer to view what happened when the system froze. I'm assuming you did a hard shutdown and just logged back in both times it happened, correct? Or did it unfreeze without you needing to complete restart it?
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
wolfstardobe

Postby wolfstardobe » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:41 pm

Niah wrote:
wolfstardobe wrote:
searlefm wrote:
have you installed anything new in this last weak or so before it started freezing?

No, it's odd.

I don't keep track of Microsoft's Windows 10 updates and such anymore, but it's possible that the most recent update is causing the problem. When you're logged in is everything working as it should? Can you access everything without any trouble? I ran into issues with 10 on and off from December through April (first it was the occasional BSoD from a driver issue, which stopped when I just disabled the driver; then I had some major trouble, possibly caused by the March update; and then I had some further trouble that may or may not have been the April update. Either way I determined that some integral OS files got corrupt and nothing short of a clean reinstall of 10 would fix the issue. So I ditched 10 and am running Ubuntu trouble free.). So yeah, could be an update issue. Could be a virus issue or a hard drive issue as well. Unless it happens again or repeatedly or there are other issues that crop up, it's difficult to tell what the source of the lockups might be. Does the computer have a hard drive or a solid state drive? I can instruct you how to get to the Event Viewer to view what happened when the system froze. I'm assuming you did a hard shutdown and just logged back in both times it happened, correct? Or did it unfreeze without you needing to complete restart it?

I did a hard shut down and just signed back in. Actually there was just an update! That must be it.
Female Taken Heteroflexible Hobby Dog Trainer
Niah

Postby Niah » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:27 am

wolfstardobe wrote:
Niah wrote:
wolfstardobe wrote:
No, it's odd.

I did a hard shut down and just signed back in. Actually there was just an update! That must be it.

That might be it. You'll need to see if it happens again. Try to make note of what all you have open (various apps/programs and such). Again, I can tell you how to get into the Event Viewer so you can see what would have caused the error (the Event Viewer records everything that happens, and so it'll have a record of you performing a hard shutdown (should anyway) or at least of what might have caused the system to freeze. Sometimes an OS can freeze and then unfreeze. How long did you wait before shutting down?

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
wolfstardobe

Postby wolfstardobe » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:26 am

Niah wrote:
wolfstardobe wrote:
Niah wrote:

That might be it. You'll need to see if it happens again. Try to make note of what all you have open (various apps/programs and such). Again, I can tell you how to get into the Event Viewer so you can see what would have caused the error (the Event Viewer records everything that happens, and so it'll have a record of you performing a hard shutdown (should anyway) or at least of what might have caused the system to freeze. Sometimes an OS can freeze and then unfreeze. How long did you wait before shutting down?

I waited about 10 minutes the first time and about 30 the second time. I'd be happy to know how to open the event viewer. Thank you for taking the time to help me!
Niah

Postby Niah » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:07 am

wolfstardobe wrote:
Niah wrote:
wolfstardobe wrote:

I waited about 10 minutes the first time and about 30 the second time. I'd be happy to know how to open the event viewer. Thank you for taking the time to help me!

There are several ways to access Event Viewer: Right click the Start icon and see if it's listed. If it isn't, you can find via Run. To open Run, do the Windows key + R on your keyboard and it'll bring up Run, then type eventvwr and click OK. If you have the search box still on your taskbar, you can type "even" and then click on View event logs that will show up at the top of the options.

Give it a moment to load everything; Event Viewer logs everything the system does (or should log everything), so it takes it a bit to fully load. On the left side of the window you'll see a list of options/dropdown menus. Click on Windows Logs to expand it if it isn't already expanded, then click on System. That should list all your system events. Don't be alarmed if you see a ton of Errors and/or Warnings. Every system gets those, even brand new ones. What I want you to do is go down through the list until you find the time you shutdown the computer. I don't know exactly how it'll be listed. There may be some Errors listed before the time you shut it down. When you click on them, information will be listed below that section and will have a few tabs with various details about where the problem occurred, what it was, and such. The main or first tab should list an error code or codes.

Just as an FYI, I'm not running 10, so I'm doing some Googling to double-check that I remember off the top of my head how to find it all, lol. I'm also not guaranteeing I know how to fix the problem, especially if it turns out to be a reoccurring one. Sometimes a system will do something weird and then never do it again. I don't think this is a major issue since you haven't mentioned it reoccurring after those two times and since you haven't mentioned having any other trouble with the system before or after those two freeze ups. Just to check, your hard drive isn't making any weird noises is it? Then again, if your hard drive were to be failing, you'd be having other issues that would let you know. Sorry if this is a lot to take in and feel free to PM me or whatever if you can't get to the Event Viewer. I can also tell you how to open the Command Prompt and get it to open Event Viewer from there for you (that's actually maybe the easiest way, but Command Prompt can be a bit intimidating if you don't use it regularly and I want to stick with what you may be more familiar with). I can also try and explain something better if this is muddled. I can kind of forget and get ahead of myself when explaining something.

wolfstardobe

Postby wolfstardobe » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:50 am

Niah wrote:
wolfstardobe wrote:
Niah wrote:

There are several ways to access Event Viewer: Right click the Start icon and see if it's listed. If it isn't, you can find via Run. To open Run, do the Windows key + R on your keyboard and it'll bring up Run, then type eventvwr and click OK. If you have the search box still on your taskbar, you can type "even" and then click on View event logs that will show up at the top of the options.

Give it a moment to load everything; Event Viewer logs everything the system does (or should log everything), so it takes it a bit to fully load. On the left side of the window you'll see a list of options/dropdown menus. Click on Windows Logs to expand it if it isn't already expanded, then click on System. That should list all your system events. Don't be alarmed if you see a ton of Errors and/or Warnings. Every system gets those, even brand new ones. What I want you to do is go down through the list until you find the time you shutdown the computer. I don't know exactly how it'll be listed. There may be some Errors listed before the time you shut it down. When you click on them, information will be listed below that section and will have a few tabs with various details about where the problem occurred, what it was, and such. The main or first tab should list an error code or codes.

Just as an FYI, I'm not running 10, so I'm doing some Googling to double-check that I remember off the top of my head how to find it all, lol. I'm also not guaranteeing I know how to fix the problem, especially if it turns out to be a reoccurring one. Sometimes a system will do something weird and then never do it again. I don't think this is a major issue since you haven't mentioned it reoccurring after those two times and since you haven't mentioned having any other trouble with the system before or after those two freeze ups. Just to check, your hard drive isn't making any weird noises is it? Then again, if your hard drive were to be failing, you'd be having other issues that would let you know. Sorry if this is a lot to take in and feel free to PM me or whatever if you can't get to the Event Viewer. I can also tell you how to open the Command Prompt and get it to open Event Viewer from there for you (that's actually maybe the easiest way, but Command Prompt can be a bit intimidating if you don't use it regularly and I want to stick with what you may be more familiar with). I can also try and explain something better if this is muddled. I can kind of forget and get ahead of myself when explaining something.

Your instructions were clear and very easy to follow! I found the event viewer pretty easily. Nothing is making weird noises or anything.

The first time it was a task scheduling error 14984.

The second time there was a task scheduling error 1109.

Nothing weird has happened before or after these freezes.
Niah

Postby Niah » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:05 am

wolfstardobe wrote:
Niah wrote:
wolfstardobe wrote:

Your instructions were clear and very easy to follow! I found the event viewer pretty easily. Nothing is making weird noises or anything.

The first time it was a task scheduling error 14984.

The second time there was a task scheduling error 1109.

Nothing weird has happened before or after these freezes.

Is there a description describing the error? Does it list the location? Click on each and the read all that's listed below the part that lists all the events. I looked up the error codes and it doesn't much help me at this stage; I need a little more to go on at this stage, if you can. At this point I'd say it's something minor and may not repeat itself, but it's hard to tell for sure.

Akanisen

Postby Akanisen » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:37 pm

What's on my mind:

I'm going to the local mall tomorrow :D I don't get to go often (I say "local" but it's still a half hour drive :/ ) so I'm hoping to pick up a few things from Hot Topic and maybe some BDSM stuff from the Spencer's there (it's the closest thing to a sex shop for MILES >.> ) cause I currently can't have anything mailed to me :c
ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage
reine

Postby reine » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:50 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:Reminds me of my mother. Sounds like someone who just wants to incite drama and continuous pity parties. Most people who are suicidal don't go around talking about it, and those who do let it slip are generally one's who desperately want help. At least in my experience. Until they can admit they need help and are willing to take even a single step towards that, there is nothing you can do for them. I would personally walk away. Your mental health is more important than someone who, it sounds like, is only playing games.

Sorry to hear that your mother does this, too. :[ It's definitely not easy to deal with.
We're both pretty sure they have depression, but they don't seem to want to get any sort of help or a diagnosis, no matter how many different things I suggest to them. I dunno if they just love the "sad and cute aesthetic" thing that's popular on tumblr, but their complete refusal to seek help when they know that they have a problem is just... really frustrating.

But, yeah, I think I'm gonna walk away. We haven't been hanging out as much recently, so I'm hoping that I can gradually grow away from them instead of flat-out telling them I don't want to be friends anymore.
... Though they also fetishize lesbians (and Asian girls) but think gay guys are gross, so a smooth resolution might not be possible at this point. :eyeroll:
:psyduck:
Akanisen

Postby Akanisen » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:06 pm

Hey, can someone help me with a FurAffinity thing? I want to have my gallery folders in a certain order, but whenever I try to move them on the gallery folders option page they A. don't move where I tell them to, and B. even when I eventually get them where I want them on the Gallery Folders options, on the actual page they aren't in the same order as on the other page.
ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage
Screamy

Postby Screamy » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:55 pm

I apparently not only have nerve damage, but I also have a broken toe from the wedding. boy oh boy am I falling apart at the seams

:crying:
All my sex toy data on here is way out of date.
Soulstrider

Postby Soulstrider » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:49 pm

Screamy wrote:I apparently not only have nerve damage, but I also have a broken toe from the wedding. boy oh boy am I falling apart at the seams

That sucks!

Hope you feel better!
Listening to the rainfall

22/male/bisexual/ single/ Ecology scholar
:widesmile: :nomnom:

PM me if you wanna chat 1 on 1!
Screamy

Postby Screamy » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:51 pm

Soulstrider wrote:
Screamy wrote:I apparently not only have nerve damage, but I also have a broken toe from the wedding. boy oh boy am I falling apart at the seams

That sucks!

Hope you feel better!

Thank you much! I'm hoping to get there. My mother's instructed me to tape my toe so we'll see how that works out for the time being :dukeretro:
All my sex toy data on here is way out of date.
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:41 pm

I got my Tango. I'm having issues with the charger, though: It's plugged in via USB and the yellow light that indicates charging, stays on for only a few minutes before it blinks out. Once that happens I have to resituate it where it's resting as flat as possible until it goes back to charging. It's brand new so needs a 90-minute charge, at least before it can be used. I'm mildly irritated that it's so fiddly with charging, right out of the box.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
naughtybun

Postby naughtybun » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:26 am

Finished some embroidery last night!
Now I want to do tiny constellations with their names
Attachments
image.jpeg
add, depression, anxiety. thanks mother nature.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
https://www.f-list.net/c/naughtybun
wolfstardobe

Postby wolfstardobe » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:44 am

Such a good morning yesterday... Today I feel like crap. :psyduck:
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:00 pm

Thinking of getting an ovipositor from PH...
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
SlytherPuff

Postby SlytherPuff » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:08 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:Thinking of getting an ovipositor from PH...

Which one? I like the bed bug model :buddy:
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:11 pm

SlytherPuff wrote:
Rainbow Dasher wrote:Thinking of getting an ovipositor from PH...

Which one? I like the bed bug model :buddy:

I was looking at Krubera; I was thinking on getting it coloured like Queen Chrysalis.

Return to “General Off Topic”