What's on your mind?

Discuss anything not related to Bad Dragon or the dedicated Forum Categories here! (Generally SFW. Please remember - No RP or Forum games!)
Curiosa

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Curiosa » Thu May 11, 2017 10:57 am

NiamhTheNightOwl wrote:First of all, hi's hey and hellos to those of you who may or may not remember me

Second this is one of the hardest things I've ever had to write, and if you don't want to bum yourself out don't read the bit hidden by spoilers

Part one: I proposed to the girl I've been dating since I was thirteen, I proposed at her the beach, the very first one we went to as a couple, it was magical and followed up with what could only be described as the best sex of my life, we got married on Halloween last year, in cosplay etc, which was super fun, even though none of my​family attended

Part 2
► Show Spoiler

*big rant time so heads up*

If it makes you feel better, all the people I've seen worry about it end up being decent parents. Mostly I think it's because it's a good sign that they actually care and they're more mindful of how they parent. This is going to sounds weird, but even if you don't love the kid right away or grow to love the kid it'll be fine as long as you're there for them as a stable force in their life. And I hear you, the idea of finally being that responsible adult that you were told to go to for help as a kid sounds scary. Lots of people are afraid they can't live up to that, and it's a justifiable fear since life is so damn complicated and unpredictable. The best we can do is grow as people by the time we're raising kids, at least enough to raise them into functional members of society. And it's fine if you still need to grow as a person by the time you have kids, as long as you're careful not to have it negatively affect the people in your life, child or adult. As someone who's had a parent go through the latter situation it's taught me that you can still be a good parent while needing to get some part of your life together.

(Slightly off topic)
This whole rant made me want to watch every episode of Steven Universe with Greg in it. He's my favorite dad character. :stick:
You can't touch music- but music can touch you.

"Other than everything going completely wrong, it's all going according to plan!"

| 30 | Female | bisexual | married | crazy about rainbows and glitter | avid DIYer | loves knitting & cooking | fan of animation |
Curiosa

Postby Curiosa » Thu May 11, 2017 2:15 pm

Item 1: Either me or someone I follow on Pinterest pinned some Klance fanart and now my feed keeps getting flooded with stuff related to the pairing. I'm... honestly not upset with this? I don't ship them (not actively anyways) but there's some really good art of them out there. That aside, I love the reboot's designs for the galra. I've seen a few episodes of the original show and it's like... what? What's up with your ears Zarkon? Are they bat wings or something? In the reboot some of the galras' ears look so floofy (*cough* Sendak), it amuses me too much.plus they match actual bat ears so there's that. I wanna see a galra with these kind of bat ears:
► Show Spoiler
sweet baby Jesus I would die from the cuteness.

Item 2: I'm planning a potted plant tower but I have no clue what to do. Dad got so excited over the idea of me having a container garden and just bought the stuff I needed to get started without telling me first. I know it was super nice of him but... he has a very specific idea of what to do and since he's a little fuzzy telling me the details I feel like I'll make him mad if I just do what I want. :doh: that being said, by dad's 'suggestions' I'm making a moveable stand and a support pole that's gonna feed the water into the plants fountain style. I dunno, I'm still working out the kinks of this idea. I just wanna do my own thing without stepping on his toes or getting a condescending "You know there was an easier way to do this, right?" Just... gah, I don't know.

At least my garlic plants are doing well.

"Other than everything going completely wrong, it's all going according to plan!"

| 30 | Female | bisexual | married | crazy about rainbows and glitter | avid DIYer | loves knitting & cooking | fan of animation |
Shardik

Postby Shardik » Thu May 11, 2017 2:23 pm

I am so tired of being sick. This damned headcold must go away soon. I am suffering from sodomy withdrawl, among other things. And my work has gone to very tight two-week cadences; missing even two or three days puts me way, way behind!
Current Collection:
► Show Spoiler
Niah

Postby Niah » Thu May 11, 2017 6:24 pm

I've been learning German on Duolingo, but I'm taking a break tonight. Work was long and very exhausting, so I really don't feel like doing it. I'm also a bit irritated.

I haven't ordered from ThinkGeek since 2014, because they had a huge series of fuckups that Christmas and we (well, my mom, but I handled customer service for her) got caught up in the mess. Well, they have some new Star Wars merch and other stuff, so I took a chance. Well, I ordered May 5th and nothing has shipped despite the 1-2 business day shipping time. Now, two of the items are very new, so I was okay, irritated but okay, with the wait. I checked today just in case I missed the email and I noticed that the water bottle I'd ordered is listed as out of stock on the site now. I don't know if my order is safe since I did order one back on the 5th or if they'll be refunding me for that item. Their livechat is done for tonight, so I emailed them instead. If I don't get a response or if the items don't ship by tomorrow afternoon, I'll chat with them just to check on my order. For now, I'm going to read or something. Idk.

Edit: Whew. That's a relief. Well, I did the live chat with ThinkGeek to check on my order. It is still being processed, which is fine considering two of the items on it are really new ones. The Star Wars Pinache Rebel Insulated Pop Bottle I ordered is now out of stock on the site, so I was concerned even though I'd ordered mine while they were still in stock that it would get removed or something. The lady confirmed that it would be in my order though, so I'm extra relieved. I snagged me Andrew Ryan's Card Wallet since I want something smaller for when I just need my driver's license, debit card, and a little cash and don't want a big wallet; not to mention that it's BioShock. :D I also grabbed me two new mugs: the Slytherin uniform 14 oz mug, and the Star Wars Darth Vader Pinache Ceramic Mug. I hate the smaller 8 or 12oz mugs; I never feel I have enough tea with them. I drink a lot of tea, so I don't want to be going to my kettle and going through tea bags more frequently as with the smaller/standard mugs. That and my favorite Portal mug has an issue with the handle now; it has a crack where the bottom of the handle attaches to the side of the mug. Basically that little bit of the handle is detached; it's not leaking or anything, but I don't risk picking it up by the handle for fear of fully breaking the handle. I had my favorite Star Trek mug I could use, but that one has a chip at the top now; doesn't prevent me from using it, but still... The others I have are smaller too.
Last edited by Niah on Fri May 12, 2017 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
Shardik

Postby Shardik » Thu May 11, 2017 10:11 pm

One of my friends today said, upon hearing that Thundercats writer Stanley Weston had passed way, "Y'know, the Thundercats, He-Man and She-Ra basically ran around in lingerie and fetish gear. What did they expect our generation to become?"
Current Collection:
► Show Spoiler
Gargoyle242

Postby Gargoyle242 » Fri May 12, 2017 11:35 am

Shardik wrote:One of my friends today said, upon hearing that Thundercats writer Stanley Weston had passed way, "Y'know, the Thundercats, He-Man and She-Ra basically ran around in lingerie and fetish gear. What did they expect our generation to become?"

So true!
Someone on this forum related the smell of BD cumlube to the slime from the Castle Greyskull play set. Coincidence? I think not!
"What we find pleasing to the eye and pleasing to the touch are seldom the same thing" - Fabienne
OphieL

Postby OphieL » Fri May 12, 2017 6:01 pm

I've been craving Boba Tea for weeks but the closest place is thirty minutes away and I don't have a car :/
Ophie

Aries / Fem / Size Queen in training
I'm also an artist.
Currently Owned/Gifted:

Med Flint in Soft
Med Crackers in Medium
Med Kelvin in Soft

always wanting more hehe!
Curiosa

Postby Curiosa » Fri May 12, 2017 10:24 pm

I hope the people I've been house sitting for don't have a nanny cam, I've been saying/doing dumb stuff all day! :stick:
Examples:

-> *sings Bohemian Rhapsody in its entirety*
-> *While watching Voltron: Legendary Defenders* "Hey [their dog's name] what do you think a galra's dick would even look like?"
-> *tries to do a move on their stripper pole, can't stop spinning* "I HAVE MADE A HORRIBLE MISTAKE"
-> *cleans the house while dancing to sexy music and singing along*
-> *laughs maniacally just to appreciate the house's acoustics*

Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Sat May 13, 2017 12:23 am

Toying. Lately, though, I can never decide what I want to use. Kind of dumb; I mean, I have a fuckton of toys to choose from, so it's not like it should be an uber-difficult decision. I kind of feel like getting a new toy or two but that has to wait for a couple more months or so.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Shardik

Postby Shardik » Sat May 13, 2017 10:57 am

Now I'm deeply frustrated. I just had to send an email to my date saying I wasn't going to be at the event tonight, because I'm still sick. It's almost over, but given that the event involves lots of sweaty, naked, male bodies in close proximity, very large toys, and Costco bins of Crisco, I really don't want to give this to anyone else, nor would it be wise to stress my body out that hard this close to being recovered.

Next time, maybe. :crying:
Current Collection:
► Show Spoiler
little-mythgital

Postby little-mythgital » Sat May 13, 2017 10:57 am

Still in this constant mind loop whether my nan really wants me to have her cockatoo out in the aviary. The fella is in his 30's, he is a complete pain though, only likes certain foods, likes things a specific way and only prefers nan to feed him. Well as they say, birds with the minds of children.
I really have no clue what's going on really, my mum thinks the bird should just dig his way out and escape (like he has been trying to do sometimes, making holes everywhere) but that really concerns me badly about his survival rate if he does that.
If I was to take him, I have no aviary and he is an aviary bird.
I know nan did say once that she may have to soon get rid of him.
I really wonder why nan wants me to have him.
Niah

Postby Niah » Sat May 13, 2017 12:46 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:Toying. Lately, though, I can never decide what I want to use. Kind of dumb; I mean, I have a fuckton of toys to choose from, so it's not like it should be an uber-difficult decision. I kind of feel like getting a new toy or two but that has to wait for a couple more months or so.

Been feeling the same way, and the ones I've gone for haven't felt quite right, so I don't know what's up with my body. I'm hoping it likes the small/3 Apollo that's arriving on Tuesday, lol. I've gotten to where I like softer toys for some reason. I almost wish I had fewer toys so I would have to sort through so many toys to find the one(s) I want to use.

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
Shardik

Postby Shardik » Sat May 13, 2017 1:20 pm

NiamhTheNightOwl wrote:She asked me before we were married if I was comfortable with having a child, an idea which I fully supported at the time but now that the process is underway, with the baby due some time in October, I lay awake most nights and worry, what if I'm a no good parent, what if I can't bring myself to love it because it contains no part of me, what if I just can't handle it and flip out. With this happening more and more frequently, I find myself more and more worried because I'm not okay, and I can't bring myself to tell her because she's over the moon.

The question for me remains, am I just supposed to have feelings for this unborn child, or do they develop over time, how do I tell my wife, and am I a bad person.

Okay, first, tell her your feelings. She's supposed to be the love of your life, you can't help her if you don't come to grips with this, and she can't help you come to grips with it if you don't tell her.

Second, nobody is ready for it. Nobody ever really knows how they'll feel. Marriage and child rearing are two separate projects that you often enter into together. My marriage is thirty years strong, despite some horrible shocks along the way, and my two daughters are in their late teens, one in college already, and there was no training, no education, no readiness for it. It was just something that I had to do.

Someday, you will be old. Like me. :smilenox: You'll have to look back on your life and ask if you did anything well and worthwhile. Raising children is an eminently worthwhile thing to do, and if you put yourself into it fully, you get a wonderful human being out the other end who's partly your creation, even without your genes in the mix. It's okay to be worried about whether or not you'll be good at it.

You're not a bad person until you've consistently shown throughout your life that you can't put your own selfish and short-term pleasure before the contentment and satisfaction of a job well done and a family well-tended. You can still do bad things— we all do— but being a good parent is about consistently returning to questions about your beloved and your (yes, your) child and how you can help them, and how they can help you, grow up and old together.
Current Collection:
► Show Spoiler
Curiosa

Postby Curiosa » Sun May 14, 2017 2:27 pm

I got way too many projects on the brain.

Knitting stuff
► Show Spoiler

I'm also making plans for my garden and I'm gonna try to convince my dad to let me do the garden tower my way. I'll have to sketch my plan out but if it's as efficient as I'm thinking I should be able to grow more than what other designs are yielding. Plus it'll look nicer.

Niah

Postby Niah » Sun May 14, 2017 3:07 pm

Curiosa wrote:I got way too many projects on the brain.

Knitting stuff
► Show Spoiler

I'm also making plans for my garden and I'm gonna try to convince my dad to let me do the garden tower my way. I'll have to sketch my plan out but if it's as efficient as I'm thinking I should be able to grow more than what other designs are yielding. Plus it'll look nicer.

That really is amazing. I've been tempted to take up knitting in the past, but I'm not sure if I'd have the patience for it. My aunt is in a knitting circle that meets once or twice a month, but she lives far away from me or else I'd join her in the group.

Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Sun May 14, 2017 5:29 pm

Had an allergic reaction to...something last night. My throat still feels a bit funny.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
wolfstardobe

Postby wolfstardobe » Sun May 14, 2017 8:59 pm

Seems I only get on here anymore to share less then happy thoughts... :unamused: I really have nothing else to say about life though.
Female Taken Heteroflexible Hobby Dog Trainer
Shardik

Postby Shardik » Mon May 15, 2017 6:18 pm

The cold is almost over! I took a walk at lunch to the grocery store and was terribly tired by the time I got back, but I wasn't dying.

I'm still upset I missed the orgy. Is it possible to die of sodomy withdrawal?
Current Collection:
► Show Spoiler
Niah

Postby Niah » Mon May 15, 2017 7:44 pm

My boss is very lackadaisical about pretty much everything. He's bad about being around the little store/stand when we actually need him, but he's the worst at keeping everyone informed of everything. He'll either tell someone one thing and not tell anyone else anything at all (most common thing) or he'll tell one person one thing and tell someone else something entirely different. Well, a current employee is leaving after tomorrow because of his back; he opens Tuesday and Thursday. Now, I come in at 10 those days and work till we close at 6. He still hasn't told anyone anything about how things are going to change. We'll also start staying open till 7 soon when his son's baseball stuff ends for the season. Anyway, what makes the most logical sense to me and a fellow coworker, is to have me switch back to coming in early, 830, and staying till 330 or 430 like how I used to. I started coming in later because his father had a knee replacement and now comes in at 2p instead in the morning. He has one high school girl (she's a shit worker, but that's another issue) who comes in at 2; my coworker has tummy issues and would prefer to come in in the afternoon. I'd rather come in earlier (mainly to get it over with and not kill my entire day). Tuesday is our quietest day and Thursday isn't very busy either. I'm going to talk to him tomorrow whenever I see him (who knows when that might be) and explain what me and my coworker have come up with and see what he thinks. There's another woman working there, but she comes in at 830 after dropping her kids off and she leaves at 230 every day (sometimes earlier). He doesn't need more people in the afternoons on Tues and Thurs, so it makes the most logical sense to have me come in earlier so he doesn't have 3-4 people (counting me) doing fuckall on those days. He leaves early anyway because of practice or games. Not sure how it'll change when that ends; if anything it means he'll stay later and help close up. He needs someone else there in the morning to help sort and stock stuff and to help when we get busy between 1130 and 2 because of lunch (we sell hotdogs and sausagedogs as well). I just hope I explain this properly to him tomorrow. Hell, my coworker didn't even know about the one man leaving after tomorrow until I told her just now; she'd been out due to illness. She'll be teaching in the Fall, so she won't be working but part of the summer until she needs to get ready for teaching. Then that's a-whole-nother issue in itself. He's cheap as fuck about not wanting to pay people to "sit around" as he says, but then complains how he needs to hire someone. Makes no fucking sense. He's a shit manager/owner; he's bounced around from job to job until he started this place up 6-7 or so years ago. Ugh. It's a highly irritating situation, and it's made worse with how I like nicely arranged schedules and proper explanations about stuff.

Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Mon May 15, 2017 9:25 pm

I have a few open shelves where I can display some toys but I'm hemming and hawing about what I actually want to put out, to have in easy reach. I already have all of my EE toys in a single, large plastic tub that sits in my closet and I like the fact they're all together. Most of my BD's are all in labeled drawers. I have no idea what I want to take out and put on these shelves... I know, I could do my favs so they're in easy reach for whenever I want them, my cravings can change so much between sessions, though. I went through a few months of wanting nothing but my small, firm Bumble, then the same thing with my medium Clayton. These days, I want nothing but small Crackers and medium Crash. Maybe I'll just put out all the ones that GITD...

Return to “General Off Topic”