What's on your mind?

Discuss anything not related to Bad Dragon or the dedicated Forum Categories here! (Generally SFW. Please remember - No RP or Forum games!)
Rainbow Dasher

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:43 pm

Tempted to start collecting Crackers' and Ridgebacks. They are my two, most fav models and I just want them all for some reason.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Curiosa

Postby Curiosa » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:00 am

SO got the good ending in Undertale.

I'm just FEELING ALL THE THINGS right now.
You can't touch music- but music can touch you.

"Other than everything going completely wrong, it's all going according to plan!"

| 30 | Female | bisexual | married | crazy about rainbows and glitter | avid DIYer | loves knitting & cooking | fan of animation |
Akanisen

Postby Akanisen » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:12 am

Curiosa wrote:SO got the good ending in Undertale.

ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage
Curiosa

Postby Curiosa » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:13 am

Zaphora wrote:
Akanisen wrote:
Curiosa wrote:SO got the good ending in Undertale.

I haven't played this game but have heard of it....I felt this way after playing the game (beyond two souls) it was about twins....and I'm a twin...both of us cried when we played it to the end...it was a very emotional game for both of us it brought us closer together

It's moments like these when I flat out don't understand people who consider video games a pointless pursuit.

"Other than everything going completely wrong, it's all going according to plan!"

| 30 | Female | bisexual | married | crazy about rainbows and glitter | avid DIYer | loves knitting & cooking | fan of animation |
Curiosa

Postby Curiosa » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:25 pm

Zaphora wrote:
Curiosa wrote:
Zaphora wrote:
I haven't played this game but have heard of it....I felt this way after playing the game (beyond two souls) it was about twins....and I'm a twin...both of us cried when we played it to the end...it was a very emotional game for both of us it brought us closer together

It's moments like these when I flat out don't understand people who consider video games a pointless pursuit.

I would never be one of those people xD video games were kind of my only friends really growing up...I was bullied like my entire elementary years all the way to senior year of high school...even in college the first two years...but video games were my thing they always were there for me :) my twin was my only friend growing up really...

Same. Way back when we were kids Dad found my sister and I an Atari someone threw out and since it worked we didn't care. No clue what happened to it but if it's still around I'd love to play it again. I still have my old PlayStation so that when I got a proper setup I can play all the old games I had as a kid. Also found a copy of FFVII I'd love to play. A lot of my friends are retro gamers so I've had plenty of chances to do repairs on old consoles.

I guess the rest of my family don't really understand why I like video games so much but they're warming up to it. I showed my mom The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter and Skyrim, she loves how breathtaking the scenery is in both of them. Dad loves that there's a 'playable western' like Red Dead Redemption, even if he's never played it. My sister gets simulation sickness so I tend to keep my recommendations to games with retro graphics in case she ever wants to give it a chance. Although her reticence is especially understandable considering her ex had a lot of negative gamer stereotypes. That combined with simulation sickness usually means you're gonna have a bad time with the medium. :unamused:

Tallon

Postby Tallon » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:10 am

Zaphora wrote:
Curiosa wrote:
Zaphora wrote:
I would never be one of those people xD video games were kind of my only friends really growing up...I was bullied like my entire elementary years all the way to senior year of high school...even in college the first two years...but video games were my thing they always were there for me :) my twin was my only friend growing up really...

Same. Way back when we were kids Dad found my sister and I an Atari someone threw out and since it worked we didn't care. No clue what happened to it but if it's still around I'd love to play it again. I still have my old PlayStation so that when I got a proper setup I can play all the old games I had as a kid. Also found a copy of FFVII I'd love to play. A lot of my friends are retro gamers so I've had plenty of chances to do repairs on old consoles.

I guess the rest of my family don't really understand why I like video games so much but they're warming up to it. I showed my mom The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter and Skyrim, she loves how breathtaking the scenery is in both of them. Dad loves that there's a 'playable western' like Red Dead Redemption, even if he's never played it. My sister gets simulation sickness so I tend to keep my recommendations to games with retro graphics in case she ever wants to give it a chance. Although her reticence is especially understandable considering her ex had a lot of negative gamer stereotypes. That combined with simulation sickness usually means you're gonna have a bad time with the medium. :unamused:

I don't have an atari but I have a Nintendo n64 xD

Couple of folks in my household (AKA the elderlies) dismiss video games as pointless or, at best, toys with little value. Meanwhile, my seven-year-old son is learning to code through Minecraft and will very quickly surpass me in the talent area... And *I'm* in graduate school for game development. Skyrim really helped teach him to read, too. It's amazing.

And in the frustration department, I've tried playing Undertale. My buddy bought it for me but my dinosaur desktop PC crashes when I try to play it. :doh:
"Ecce! Scintillae!" :laugh:

Married Bisexual Kinky Old Man :stick:
Akanisen

Postby Akanisen » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:06 am

This week just been like
tom_bunny.gif
tom_bunny.gif (748.85 KiB) Viewed 1757 times
ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage
Niah

Postby Niah » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:28 am

The wind from Irma is gradually increasing, but it won't start doing anything where I am until late tonight. It's warm enough that we have some windows open to help circulate air in the house, but with the wind blowing it feels colder than it is, of course. I'm at my computer with my abdomen down to my legs wrapped in a warm blanket because I get cold so easily. I'm going to try to get some math studying in despite feeling cold.
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:12 pm

I have to be one of the only ones in the world not completely gaga with Undertale. I got stuck in one area and was so annoyed, I quit. XD I really should try and finish the game.

Really thinking about saving for a decent 3D printer; there are a lot of things I want to make these days, but I'd need a #D printer to get the job done, and it'd cost way more to have someone do it than to (eventually) get a printer and make a project out of it myself.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
katze

Postby katze » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:30 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:I have to be one of the only ones in the world not completely gaga with Undertale. I got stuck in one area and was so annoyed, I quit. XD I really should try and finish the game.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of it at all. Almost beat it but never went back to finish it.

Very over hyped imo.

^ↀᴥↀ^
agender girl | queer | taken | 50 dildos | 14 eggs | 2 plugs | 3 penetrables | 1 wearable

ฅ(≚ᄌ≚)
toy collection in profile!
Niah

Postby Niah » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:46 pm

katze wrote:
Rainbow Dasher wrote:I have to be one of the only ones in the world not completely gaga with Undertale. I got stuck in one area and was so annoyed, I quit. XD I really should try and finish the game.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of it at all. Almost beat it but never went back to finish it.

Very over hyped imo.

I thought about trying it, but it's not really my preferred style of gaming and while I'll try pretty much anything, I've gotten rather selective over the past few years.

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:55 pm

Niah wrote:
katze wrote:

Very over hyped imo.

I thought about trying it, but it's not really my preferred style of gaming and while I'll try pretty much anything, I've gotten rather selective over the past few years.

I mainly tried it because a friend wouldn't STFU to me about it; the surrounding hype makes it out to be the "best game" ever played so I finally just bought the darn thing. I was assured I'd laugh, I'd cry and get all emotional; so far, all I've been is annoyed at the game. I admit that even though I've not completed the game, I do have a fondness for one or two of the characters, probably based on aesthetics alone, but that's really it.
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:18 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:Really thinking about saving for a decent 3D printer; there are a lot of things I want to make these days, but I'd need a #D printer to get the job done, and it'd cost way more to have someone do it than to (eventually) get a printer and make a project out of it myself.

I've really enjoyed my 3D printer so far! It's been a bit of a hassle because of the learning curve and I ran into some technical problems, but it's printing away right now as I type this. :smilenox:
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:30 pm

Amaranthe wrote:
Rainbow Dasher wrote:Really thinking about saving for a decent 3D printer; there are a lot of things I want to make these days, but I'd need a #D printer to get the job done, and it'd cost way more to have someone do it than to (eventually) get a printer and make a project out of it myself.

I've really enjoyed my 3D printer so far! It's been a bit of a hassle because of the learning curve and I ran into some technical problems, but it's printing away right now as I type this. :smilenox:

What kind do you have?

Aside from printing some props to start getting into more serious cosplay, I have my heart set on creating a huge GLaDOS that I can hang from my ceiling. Bonus points if I can get her to talk and offer me cake. XD
Amaranthe

Postby Amaranthe » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:44 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:
Amaranthe wrote:

What kind do you have?

Aside from printing some props to start getting into more serious cosplay, I have my heart set on creating a huge GLaDOS that I can hang from my ceiling. Bonus points if I can get her to talk and offer me cake. XD

I just got a Tevo Tarantula kit on sale to mess around with and to learn how 3D printers work. What I would really like to have, and what I hear is fantastic for cosplay, is the Creality CR-10. I think it's called the Hictop CR-10 in the states. It has a huge build volume for the price and you don't have to build or program it yourself, the way you do with kits. :widesmile:
Niah

Postby Niah » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:49 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:
Niah wrote:
katze wrote:

Very over hyped imo.

I mainly tried it because a friend wouldn't STFU to me about it; the surrounding hype makes it out to be the "best game" ever played so I finally just bought the darn thing. I was assured I'd laugh, I'd cry and get all emotional; so far, all I've been is annoyed at the game. I admit that even though I've not completed the game, I do have a fondness for one or two of the characters, probably based on aesthetics alone, but that's really it.

Yeah, the hype about it was ridiculous. I've found that I rarely play games that get a lot of hype, either because they're not games I'd enjoy or because I take a contrary dislike just because, lol. Like the Dragon Age games; yes they're lovely to look at, I suppose, but the top-down view is annoying and I honestly hate games where I actually have to control my party. I don't mind interacting with characters, but I don't like having to pause the action to make adjustments to various characters. Various romance options go over my head thanks to my being asexual and on the spectrum. I like some FPS games, but it depends on the world the game is set in and all that.

Akanisen

Postby Akanisen » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:07 pm

Ate too much greasy food at work and regretting it :unamused:
Curiosa

Postby Curiosa » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:25 pm

^^
Blegh, I hate it when overhype ruins a thing for me. No clue how I dodged Undertale's hype train since most of my friends are gamers and get excited over games like that. wait a second I was still in college when that game came out I didn't have time for video games

Rewatching Hercules (the Disney one) and when one of the gospels at the beginning of the movie said "If there's one God you don't want to get steamed up, it's Hades." It made me think of this from Overly Sarcastic Productions

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ije2WDJttrc

The movie itself is a guilty pleasure of mine, nostalgia goggles and all that. :stick:

Niah

Postby Niah » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:19 am

The wind is steadily increasing.The rain isn't too bad yet, but it'll get worse later today. The power has flickered once so far; hopefully it won't go out. I'm working on my second cup of tea and trying to make myself focus enough to continue with my math studying, but it's still chilly in the house and I'd rather do other stuff, lol.

Dorito

Postby Dorito » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:19 am

After months of consultations and other tedious stuff, including three molars removed and having to have one socket debrided, I finally got my braces put in! It's super uncomfortable and somewhat painful, but I've been wanting to do this for years and I'm so, so excited.

I was not expecting just how bad food gets in them, though. I'd read about it and was expecting some challenges and extra work, but omg. I had spaghetti tonight and it was freaking ground zero in there. It took SO long to clean and I still feel like I probably missed some. Welp, no more eating in public for the next two years! :widesmile:

Return to “General Off Topic”