What's on your mind?

Discuss anything not related to Bad Dragon or the dedicated Forum Categories here! (Generally SFW. Please remember - No RP or Forum games!)
thesharkwhisperer

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby thesharkwhisperer » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:56 pm

First training period starts tomorrow and if I understood it right I will have to get up around 5h15 to be on time at my work's place.

Yeah.
History nerd - Dino lover - Pokémon - HUBBADUH
Akanisen

Postby Akanisen » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:47 pm

Really enjoying my schooling. As difficult as it is to keep up with due to work I'm enjoying learning how to 3d model, program, etc.

I even might have an opportunity to help work on a full fledged game when the summer comes around :widesmile:
ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage
Tallon

Postby Tallon » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:26 am

My best friend since childhood just learned that his dad passed away. He called me yesterday to tell me. The dad was an odd duck to be sure, but no one in this world would say it was his time. Today I got a call from my friend that his twin brother, who lived with us until 2015, might be involved in his death. I'm not quite sure what to say to my friend in the meantime to console him. I'm confused and I want to help him, but I'm not sure how.
"Ecce! Scintillae!" :laugh:

Married Bisexual Kinky Old Man :stick:
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:24 pm

If I want to get my partner a toy for Christmas, I'd better get the ball rolling pretty soon. Darn exchange rate... :doh:
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Curiosa

Postby Curiosa » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:35 pm

Tallon wrote:My best friend since childhood just learned that his dad passed away. He called me yesterday to tell me. The dad was an odd duck to be sure, but no one in this world would say it was his time. Today I got a call from my friend that his twin brother, who lived with us until 2015, might be involved in his death. I'm not quite sure what to say to my friend in the meantime to console him. I'm confused and I want to help him, but I'm not sure how.

My condolences to you and your friend, it always sucks to lose a parent. I'll do my best giving you some advice on the matter- when my friend lost his father (he was terminally ill) it was a really rough time for him and his family, and I really regret distancing myself from him during that time because I was a dumb teenager that didn't know how to help. The best you can do is be there for him however you can. Listen to him when he wants to talk to someone, make sure he eats properly, help mitigate any drama that pops up during the funeral (there's always drama at funerals*). Stuff like that. It may not seem like much, but even just being someone for them to fall back on emotionally helps. That's the best advice I can give drawing from experience, and I really wish you and your friend the best in this situation.

*or maybe that's just my screwed up extended family talking. I dunno.
You can't touch music- but music can touch you.

"Other than everything going completely wrong, it's all going according to plan!"

| 30 | Female | bisexual | married | crazy about rainbows and glitter | avid DIYer | loves knitting & cooking | fan of animation |
Tallon

Postby Tallon » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:20 am

Curiosa wrote:
Tallon wrote:My best friend since childhood just learned that his dad passed away. He called me yesterday to tell me. The dad was an odd duck to be sure, but no one in this world would say it was his time. Today I got a call from my friend that his twin brother, who lived with us until 2015, might be involved in his death. I'm not quite sure what to say to my friend in the meantime to console him. I'm confused and I want to help him, but I'm not sure how.

My condolences to you and your friend, it always sucks to lose a parent. I'll do my best giving you some advice on the matter- when my friend lost his father (he was terminally ill) it was a really rough time for him and his family, and I really regret distancing myself from him during that time because I was a dumb teenager that didn't know how to help. The best you can do is be there for him however you can. Listen to him when he wants to talk to someone, make sure he eats properly, help mitigate any drama that pops up during the funeral (there's always drama at funerals*). Stuff like that. It may not seem like much, but even just being someone for them to fall back on emotionally helps. That's the best advice I can give drawing from experience, and I really wish you and your friend the best in this situation.

*or maybe that's just my screwed up extended family talking. I dunno.

Thank you. Presently, my friend is at his wit's end trying to find his brother. I've been talking to him on the phone daily and my family and I have been offering what support we can, plus my in-laws have been advising him on how to handle the service and the cremation, because I sure haven't had to deal with something like this. Right now, I have to convince him that this isn't his fault. He didn't really know how bad his dad's living situation had become. I guess his dad and brother had been living out of their cars, and the circumstances surrounding the death are still somewhat unclear.

And you're definitely right about the drama. My sister-in-law lost her mother a few months back and she and her siblings are still at each others' throats. But that's a whole different bag of cats, one that I'm glad to distance myself from.
"Ecce! Scintillae!" :laugh:

Married Bisexual Kinky Old Man :stick:
dayz79

Postby dayz79 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:52 am

I'll soon have to transfer the contents of my toybox to my new apartment.. here's the catch, I'll probably doing it in a very full backpack on my motorcycle.. imagine how much I DON'T WANT TO CRASH with that strapped to my back! I can just see the looks of bystanders as the road is littered with dildo's.
Shadow_Twisted

Postby Shadow_Twisted » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:01 am

There's a part of me that's getting worried. I'm starting to fall into a routine that I recognize. The issue is that this seems to be the routine I start falling into when I get overloaded with stress without really acknowledging it and generally means that I'm headed for some kind of breakdown. I remember it usually happened to me after a couple months of working, but now I'm a student and a soon-to-be-father. Between the school and all the errands and prep that I've been doing, it generally feels like I'm losing myself. It generally revolves around having free-time and being so confused about what to do with it that I end up just mindlessly roaming the internet until I just either need to fall asleep or go do something else. I also start to get kind of withdrawn from everyone and easily irritated and negative. The high points are that I am recognizing it this time around and the semester is almost over. Maybe if I try to take up some good habits I used to have, I can get out in front of this. Maybe get back to meditation and yoga.
Things are looking up.
Niah

Postby Niah » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:25 am

dayz79 wrote:I'll soon have to transfer the contents of my toybox to my new apartment.. here's the catch, I'll probably doing it in a very full backpack on my motorcycle.. imagine how much I DON'T WANT TO CRASH with that strapped to my back! I can just see the looks of bystanders as the road is littered with dildo's.

I'm moving into my apartment in early Jan and my concern is the heavy container of dicks I have, lol. My sister had the idea that I should spread out my dildos among my cloths and stuff to distribute the weight. Then when I'm moved in, I can put them all back in their usual box. My apartment is going to be on the second floor, so lugging a big heavy box up the stairs will be tricky and I'd also prefer not to have them scattered around if I were to drop it, lol.
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
KungisGalo

Postby KungisGalo » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:44 pm

a baby birby was stuck in the office today. We had to catch it and let it outside and it's mummy found it straight away. I hope they're doin' ok.
BRICK SQUAD
Slaanesh

Postby Slaanesh » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:53 pm

KungisGalo wrote:a baby birby was stuck in the office today. We had to catch it and let it outside and it's mummy found it straight away. I hope they're doin' ok.

Aww that's lovely! I love rescuing little creatures too, what sort of birds were they? Birds are so lovely! :misc2: :smilenox:
Niah

Postby Niah » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:21 am

Researching various boots to try to find a pair that I want to buy. I've pretty well narrowed it down to a $200 pair off Sorel or a $40 pair off Amazon (Polar brand). I just can't decide which. I know money should be a factor, but I want boots that are going to last me a while. I honestly like combat boots, but Steve Madden's quality has deteriorated over the years, from what I've read and I'd rather not risk it and have to regularly replace my boots. I want them to look good, but I'm more concerned with keeping my feet warm and dry in the winters of upstate SC. The weather doesn't get too bad up there, but the temps are colder and they see snow just about every year. The campus is large and I'll be doing a lot of walking. There are buses that run on campus, but I honestly don't like messing with buses much and I like to walk. It'll be enough taking the bus from my apartment to the campus since I'd rather not shell out for a parking permit unless I have to. Even if I did, it's still a ton of walking, because they put the commuter spaces at the ass end of campus.

I also finally found my favorite mechanical pencils on Amazon (can't find them in stores anymore), so I want to get them and some gel pens. With so much math and science, pretty much all my notes will be taken by pencil, but for times when it's more note-taking than working on problems, I want pens to minimize the smudging from graphite.

I'm also totally doing this to avoid math. :laugh:

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
eloeelwe

Postby eloeelwe » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:05 pm

Niah wrote:
dayz79 wrote:I'll soon have to transfer the contents of my toybox to my new apartment.. here's the catch, I'll probably doing it in a very full backpack on my motorcycle.. imagine how much I DON'T WANT TO CRASH with that strapped to my back! I can just see the looks of bystanders as the road is littered with dildo's.

I'm moving into my apartment in early Jan and my concern is the heavy container of dicks I have, lol. My sister had the idea that I should spread out my dildos among my cloths and stuff to distribute the weight. Then when I'm moved in, I can put them all back in their usual box. My apartment is going to be on the second floor, so lugging a big heavy box up the stairs will be tricky and I'd also prefer not to have them scattered around if I were to drop it, lol.

That would no doubt be horrifically embarrassing :psyduck:
But, I can't imagine a more humorous sight, of dozens of silicone dicks bouncing down a stairwell! :surprised: :laugh:

See the dragon's share of my artwork, here: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/eloeelwe/
Or here: http://eloeelwe.deviantart.com/
Niah

Postby Niah » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:19 pm

eloeelwe wrote:
Niah wrote:

That would no doubt be horrifically embarrassing :psyduck:
But, I can't imagine a more humorous sight, of dozens of silicone dicks bouncing down a stairwell! :surprised: :laugh:

I'd be mortified at the time and then laugh my ass off about it later. And probably cry if any of them got damaged to the point I couldn't use them, lol. Though silicon is tough and I don't think falling down the stairs would hurt them too badly; not as badly as they would be if they fell off the motorcycle or something.

AkaiKitsune

Postby AkaiKitsune » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:15 pm

Been worrying quite a bit recently; I'm pretty discouraged about my dating prospects, mainly due to being trans, and partly being massively unconfident. :sniffing:
Hoofs_N_Horns

Postby Hoofs_N_Horns » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:02 pm

Niah wrote:

Umm that may be one of those things you shouldn't even think about... you know, like how being irrationally worried something will happen can make you predisposed to doing it? :laugh:

I think next time I move if anyone helps me, I'm just going to insist on moving the contents of my bedroom all by myself :P Ya know because of all the sensitive electronics and computer equipment... and yes it's all very heavy.
Penetrables comparison: here
Hoofs_N_Horns

Postby Hoofs_N_Horns » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:16 pm

Lately so many creepy dreams.

Last night I can understand for a change. I watched Star Trek before bed and it was a double episode about the Borg. So naturally I had weird and unnerving dreams about Borg-like things. The worst part was that even after waking up and going back to sleep even in a different position, those dreams still continued!

But all the other crap like being the target of unwanted sexual advances and whatnot. All that can stop >:3 Until recently I rarely remembered my dreams and I think it's time to return to that.
Penetrables comparison: here
Niah

Postby Niah » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:51 pm

Hoofs_N_Horns wrote:
Niah wrote:

Umm that may be one of those things you shouldn't even think about... you know, like how being irrationally worried something will happen can make you predisposed to doing it? :laugh:

I think next time I move if anyone helps me, I'm just going to insist on moving the contents of my bedroom all by myself :P Ya know because of all the sensitive electronics and computer equipment... and yes it's all very heavy.

I'll insist on moving my desktop by myself. The tower is awkward because it's heavy and there's no good way to carry it, but I don't trust anyone else with my electronics; I don't even let people hold my phone. As for the container of dicks, since my sister and her husband know, if they're here when we're putting stuff in vehicles, then I might let one of them help me. I think I can manage it on my own though.

KungisGalo

Postby KungisGalo » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:22 am

Slaanesh wrote:Aww that's lovely! I love rescuing little creatures too, what sort of birds were they? Birds are so lovely! :misc2: :smilenox:

uhhh I don't know much about birds but they were little brown birds with white chests and black legs. The sorta hop and flap about funnily. It was a lot of fun, though. I feed the Magpies in my neighbourhood so they tend to hang around on my front lawn.

Them birbs love that seed. :laugh:
BRICK SQUAD
Shadow_Twisted

Postby Shadow_Twisted » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:05 am

I feel like I’m drowning because of how far in over my head I’ve gotten. I hadn’t been processing the entirety of my situation and now that circumstances have come up that have forced me to do so, I’m starting to grasp the full extent of it all. I’ve found a way to keep my panic in check, but that’s only going to mask the underlying problems. I need help finding the right people to talk to so that I can get a plan together to get on top of this. As overwhelming as it all feels right now, I just remind myself of all the friends I’ve been making and how much support I truly have. I’m not going to be intimidated by this, and as long as I just focus on how uplifting and joyful it’s going to be when the day comes when all of my major issues are behind me.
Things are looking up.

Return to “General Off Topic”