What's on your mind?

Discuss anything not related to Bad Dragon or the dedicated Forum Categories here! (Generally SFW. Please remember - No RP or Forum games!)
Niah

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Niah » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:17 am

Tallon wrote:
Hoofs_N_Horns wrote:
Niah wrote:I might fool around with DuoLingo with another language. The trouble I have is that I go all in and I'm a perfectionist, so if I start missing days it'll bug me to no end.

Late reply but... oh man I'm still pissed about breaking my 200+ day streak :angry: :crying:

I basically stopped practicing for a few weeks when that happened lol. I'm getting back into a groove now. Except Russian. For some reason, Russian is just so much harder to motivate myself to learn.

It's a neat little program. I'm on 411 days straight right now (okay, I had to use a streak freeze once because I was camping), but I'm at a solid 62% fluent according to the program, and doing the lessons really helps distract me from stressful night work. It's routine-- I do my lessons every night right after 12:00 when the program refreshes.

Have you tried TinyCards? It's another Duolingo program, just flash card supplement. I was learning Japanese Hiragana for a while, but my brain just does not jive with such different alphabets. I'll get back to it someday, I swear.

Different writing systems come fairly easy to me as long as I'm using them regularly. I did two years of Ancient Greek, and reading it was the best bit. Since I started with Latin, I had harder time with the noun cases and verb conjugations since Greek has some extra ones and my brain wasn't in the mood at the time to learn them, lol. That and our textbook was completely crap (agreed on by everyone who took Ancient Greek). My katakana is rusty, but my hiragana is still strong even with not having properly studied in a few years. I still remember most of the kanji I learned in school as well. Those flashcards might work for vocabulary for me, but I do better writing it down by hand repeatedly.
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
Ghost_the_Crow

Postby Ghost_the_Crow » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:36 am

Niah wrote:I would get irritated just missing one day, and even though I know I can disable the emails, I'd still get annoyed with all the emails they'd send me reminding me to work. I was also working a crap job at the time and I'd be tired in the evenings but I'd still try to work on German, and then I started to fall behind my routine I'd set. I work better with a heavy grammar focus; that's what I loved about learning Latin and Japanese. Both are usually taught with a heavy grammar focus with vocab added in. Kanji as well in the case of Japanese.

Deutsche Sprache, schwere Sprache :stick:
Asexual / Gyneromantic / Probably Trans or Genderfluid(?) / Loves Cuddling

"Of course I know what I'm doing." I said, knowing that I didn't.
Niah

Postby Niah » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:40 am

Ghost_the_Crow wrote:
Niah wrote:I would get irritated just missing one day, and even though I know I can disable the emails, I'd still get annoyed with all the emails they'd send me reminding me to work. I was also working a crap job at the time and I'd be tired in the evenings but I'd still try to work on German, and then I started to fall behind my routine I'd set. I work better with a heavy grammar focus; that's what I loved about learning Latin and Japanese. Both are usually taught with a heavy grammar focus with vocab added in. Kanji as well in the case of Japanese.

Not that hard, lol. I just got sick of all the emails, and then work and apply to university and all got in the way. I did pretty decently while I was studying, but then again, I also think Japanese is easy, so...

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
Ghost_the_Crow

Postby Ghost_the_Crow » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:48 am

Niah wrote:
Ghost_the_Crow wrote:

Not that hard, lol. I just got sick of all the emails, and then work and apply to university and all got in the way. I did pretty decently while I was studying, but then again, I also think Japanese is easy, so...

There are enough germans that don’t speak it properly so... take that as you want x3

Niah

Postby Niah » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:10 am

Ghost_the_Crow wrote:
Niah wrote:
Ghost_the_Crow wrote:

There are enough germans that don’t speak it properly so... take that as you want x3

lol. That goes the way with most languages, I think. It's one thing to learn a language in a classroom-setting and quite another to speak with native speakers who use colloquialisms and such that definitely weren't taught in class. That just comes from experience.

wolfstardobe

Postby wolfstardobe » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:20 pm

Can't get the motivation to start my last final... It has fill in the blank questions and I hate those! :doh:
Female Taken Heteroflexible Hobby Dog Trainer
AkaiKitsune

Postby AkaiKitsune » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:28 pm

I'm getting pretty distressed at not being able to find or build social and intimate relationships. I feel like I'm going crazy with loneliness and longing, but I just don't really know what to do or how to find people similar to me.

I've been considering online dating and app kind of things, but honestly, I'm such a introvert virgin that I don't really feel mature enough to engage in those without being super awkward. I really do wish I could be more casual about meeting and boding with people.
thesharkwhisperer

Postby thesharkwhisperer » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:36 am

Well shit the guy I have a crush on has a crush on my best friend this is going to be painful as fuck lol.
History nerd - Dino lover - Pokémon - HUBBADUH
wolfstardobe

Postby wolfstardobe » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:00 pm

I need $53 damn it! :scheming:
Shardik

Postby Shardik » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:45 pm

So, last night, I took my partner on a super-secret date. It just "We're going out" on the calendar, and she had no idea what was happening. So we drove through city streets until we reached a little area just off the edge of downtown, a drive that took nearly 40 minutes through the late, gloomy traffic, until we reached building with a glassed-in front. All day she'd been wondering what the date was about and where we were going. While we were driving she said, "You just took all those turns so I wouldn't know where we were going, didn't you?" I assured her that it was just Google Maps telling me where to go and, besides, she never goes into the city so how would she know where we were anyway?

Once we were in front of the building I slapped the steering wheel and said, "Okay, sweetheart, since your knee is bad and the parking lot is two blocks away, I'm going to need you to take the last steps for us while I go park this beast. I need you to go in to will-call and pick up the tickets I ordered. They're under our name and they're for the Christmas Movie double-feature."

She looked at me puzzled. "Christmas movie?"

"Yeah," I said. "Scrooged and Die Hard."

You should have seen her face. Those are two of her favorite movies, and to find a full-sized theatre actually showing both in a double feature, in December, and a theatre that sells dinner and alcohol, well she just lit up like the proverbial Christmas tree.

We had a very good time.
Current Collection:
► Show Spoiler
wolfstardobe

Postby wolfstardobe » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:48 pm

Friday is graduation. Let the anxiety begin!
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:55 pm

Sweet, I won a LUSH contest and am getting some free goodies, including a bottle of my fav limited edition shower cream I couldn't get this year due to every possible bill hitting us at once.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
AkaiKitsune

Postby AkaiKitsune » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:47 pm

Shardik wrote:So, last night, I took my partner on a super-secret date. It just "We're going out" on the calendar, and she had no idea what was happening. So we drove through city streets until we reached a little area just off the edge of downtown, a drive that took nearly 40 minutes through the late, gloomy traffic, until we reached building with a glassed-in front. All day she'd been wondering what the date was about and where we were going. While we were driving she said, "You just took all those turns so I wouldn't know where we were going, didn't you?" I assured her that it was just Google Maps telling me where to go and, besides, she never goes into the city so how would she know where we were anyway?

Once we were in front of the building I slapped the steering wheel and said, "Okay, sweetheart, since your knee is bad and the parking lot is two blocks away, I'm going to need you to take the last steps for us while I go park this beast. I need you to go in to will-call and pick up the tickets I ordered. They're under our name and they're for the Christmas Movie double-feature."

She looked at me puzzled. "Christmas movie?"

"Yeah," I said. "Scrooged and Die Hard."

You should have seen her face. Those are two of her favorite movies, and to find a full-sized theatre actually showing both in a double feature, in December, and a theatre that sells dinner and alcohol, well she just lit up like the proverbial Christmas tree.

We had a very good time.

Aww, that's great
CakeLurker

Postby CakeLurker » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:52 pm

wolfstardobe wrote:Friday is graduation. Let the anxiety begin!

Good job, you earned it! Hopefully the graduation wouldn't be too long since there are so many students graduating, but I bet it's a blast finally getting shit done and getting to walk the stage. Anxiety or no anxiety, it's still an accomplishment! Hope tomorrow goes well for you :smilenox:
Ghost_the_Crow

Postby Ghost_the_Crow » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:55 pm

Finally shaved my legs again, feels so much nicer to not have a jungle down there...

wolfstardobe

Postby wolfstardobe » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:18 pm

CakeLurker wrote:
wolfstardobe wrote:Friday is graduation. Let the anxiety begin!

Good job, you earned it! Hopefully the graduation wouldn't be too long since there are so many students graduating, but I bet it's a blast finally getting shit done and getting to walk the stage. Anxiety or no anxiety, it's still an accomplishment! Hope tomorrow goes well for you :smilenox:

Thank you!
thesharkwhisperer

Postby thesharkwhisperer » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:23 pm

Oh boy my phone crashed good. I need a break.
History nerd - Dino lover - Pokémon - HUBBADUH
Akanisen

Postby Akanisen » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:09 pm

Parents found out I'm into BDSM and kicked me out of the house :psyduck:

So that's where I've been the past few weeks, I'm in a better living situation now, how have ya'll been?
ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage
Slaanesh

Postby Slaanesh » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:22 pm

Akanisen wrote:Parents found out I'm into BDSM and kicked me out of the house :psyduck:

So that's where I've been the past few weeks, I'm in a better living situation now, how have ya'll been?

HOLY SHIT! :bugeyed: :bugeyed: How did that happen?!
CakeLurker

Postby CakeLurker » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:30 pm

Akanisen wrote:Parents found out I'm into BDSM and kicked me out of the house :psyduck:

Jesus Sweet Fucking H. Christ! Glad to hear you're doing better now, but damn wth? :bugeyed:

Also on what grounds would BDSM would warrant kicking outor anything really? "You're into pain so screw you, get out of my house?" The hell is up with that logic? this is mostly a rhetorical question so if you don't want to answer that's fine
Last edited by CakeLurker on Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “General Off Topic”