What's on your mind?

Discuss anything not related to Bad Dragon or the dedicated Forum Categories here! (Generally SFW. Please remember - No RP or Forum games!)
Niah

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Niah » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:49 am

Now that I'm decided about withdrawing, it's showing, lol. I watched 12 anime episodes yesterday instead of even attempting that calculus crap or engineering or much of anything else. I did push through my two chemistry assignments that weren't due till Saturday so that I could free up my weekend. My intention today is to get through all my engineering work, or at least most of it. I have calculus homework that's due online today, and I honestly probably won't do it. I'm making a good attempt at everything else, but I just don't care about calculus at all. Some stuff I do understand, a little, but most of it I don't and what makes it worse and I have zero desire to try to understand it. So yeah, I might try the homework today and tomorrow, but more than likely not. I have a programming assignment due late Sunday night, and if I could get the damn loop right (it's so close) then the rest won't actually be too bad. Hence why I'm trying to get the rest of my work done before Saturday so that I can spend all Saturday and Sunday doing the programming. I have just calculus today, but I have to go back to campus because I'm meeting with my chem lab group tonight to do our presentation for lab that we have to do next week. It shouldn't be too bad now that we know what we're doing. Two of the girls are super uptight about grades, but at the same time just do whatever with the experiment. Like, they messed up diluting the soda this week and didn't want to pour it out and start over, so I grabbed the flask from them and dumped it myself. Way too much water; they got it right the second time. Though that was done by the third girl who doesn't seem to much care. Oh and I have my second engineering and second math tests in two weeks and chemistry the week after (still not even 3 weeks now). Seeing as how I failed the first calc test, I most certainly will fail this one too. You can see how bothered I am about it. :laugh: Engineering might not be too bad considering how well I did on the first test, but that was also easier shit and I cared slightly more then than I do now. Chemistry, who knows. We're into harder stuff and, again, I don't much care. I've actually somewhat started back at the Latin, but not much. I'm definitely one of those people who can't do both liberal arts/languages and STEM stuff much as I really wanted. Now, I do really like algebra, but basic algebra and even some pre-calculus wasn't awful. Calculus is just complete shit though. Engineering is just tedious unit conversion all the time.
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
KnotyDes

Postby KnotyDes » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:32 pm

Started raining today. I almost made it all of February with t tops off. Dang.
My collection
► Show Spoiler
little-mythgital

Postby little-mythgital » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:30 am

Still haven't made those muffins. Also we have been getting that bit of snow here, UK likes to freak out but when it comes to where I live. If the snow ploughs don't come out and we get the snow drifts, it becomes crazy to get anywhere as these ice mounds form on the roads, cause open spaces are everywhere.
Ex-boyfriend still moaning at me for not arranging a day at my place because it was his birthday. He is upset with me again. Actually he is upset at me for many things. I'm just carrying on with my day as usual, haven't been well, not been out of the house for about 2 weeks now, bad cramping pain so I'm very grumpy.
He gets upset at me for such small things and people tell me to just carry on until I am ready to do things, no one shouldn't rush me as it will make things worse.

Problem is that he won't admit why he is upset at me, I know full well why he is.
Just looked out the window and the snow started again. Heh.
Slaanesh

Postby Slaanesh » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:32 am

little-mythgital wrote:Still haven't made those muffins. Also we have been getting that bit of snow here, UK likes to freak out but when it comes to where I live. If the snow ploughs don't come out and we get the snow drifts, it becomes crazy to get anywhere as these ice mounds form on the roads, cause open spaces are everywhere.
Ex-boyfriend still moaning at me for not arranging a day at my place because it was his birthday. He is upset with me again. Actually he is upset at me for many things. I'm just carrying on with my day as usual, haven't been well, not been out of the house for about 2 weeks now, bad cramping pain so I'm very grumpy.
He gets upset at me for such small things and people tell me to just carry on until I am ready to do things, no one shouldn't rush me as it will make things worse.

Problem is that he won't admit why he is upset at me, I know full well why he is.
Just looked out the window and the snow started again. Heh.

Oh I know, it got down to -3ºC here the past two nights - yet no snow! It is forecast for this week though so we shall see :widesmile:
Jasmine

Postby Jasmine » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:37 pm

I'm trying to work on broadening the backstory to a D&D character that I'll get to use this coming weekend for the first time with some strangers Mr. Jasmine's coworkers. They're not putting quite the same effort in (they're going to use pre-generated characters, which is fine because they're new to this edition), and I'm a bit nervous that I'm putting in a bunch of effort for nothing and that they'll end up being Murder Hobos. But at the same time, if I don't have these aspects figured out at least roughly, I won't feel prepared. Soooo here I am, getting into unnecessary stress over something that should be fun.

Such a first world problem :misc4:
ImageImage
Curiosa

Postby Curiosa » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:16 pm

I was at the theater watching Black Panther, minding my own business when the lady behind me kept touching my hair. I thought she put something in it like boogers or popcorn butter, but nope. Guess she just wanted to touch my hair.

You can't touch music- but music can touch you.

"Other than everything going completely wrong, it's all going according to plan!"

| 30 | Female | bisexual | married | crazy about rainbows and glitter | avid DIYer | loves knitting & cooking | fan of animation |
Slaanesh

Postby Slaanesh » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:25 pm

Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:*happy moth noises*

Been wanting to give my GF a nice metal thermos for a while (since she drinks a lot of water and uses a shitty plastic bottle that melts the ice so fast) and found the PERFECT idea for her!!

Also bonus example of my bomb ass cup~

Oh wow! :blush: I love Majora's Mask too, what a good idea! Where did you find it?
Slaanesh

Postby Slaanesh » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:07 pm

Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:
Slaanesh wrote:
Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:*happy moth noises*

Been wanting to give my GF a nice metal thermos for a while (since she drinks a lot of water and uses a shitty plastic bottle that melts the ice so fast) and found the PERFECT idea for her!!

Also bonus example of my bomb ass cup~

Oh wow! :blush: I love Majora's Mask too, what a good idea! Where did you find it?

Made it myself :widesmile:
we have this precision cutting machine we use to cut vinyl and paper n' stuff.
You make the design in the program (like the Overwatch one up there) and then cut it out in vinyl, then stick it to whatever you want!
Majora is a layer of a solid sparkly purple with the shiny gold design over top~
Here's another one I did.
Can't seem to find the other Yellow Diamond one I did. hmmm.

Nice! I love watching precision cutting machines - so satisfying :smilenox:

Ooh you should make a moth one too!
Slaanesh

Postby Slaanesh » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:15 pm

Slaanesh wrote:
Made it myself :widesmile:
we have this precision cutting machine we use to cut vinyl and paper n' stuff.
You make the design in the program (like the Overwatch one up there) and then cut it out in vinyl, then stick it to whatever you want!
Majora is a layer of a solid sparkly purple with the shiny gold design over top~
Here's another one I did.
Can't seem to find the other Yellow Diamond one I did. hmmm.

Nice! I love watching precision cutting machines - so satisfying :smilenox:

Ooh you should make a moth one too!

Yes~
We recently got an engraving machine as well!
Very addicting to watch.
AND :O
I should!

Moths everywhere! You could turn them into keyrings and all sorts
Slaanesh

Postby Slaanesh » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:24 pm

Slaanesh wrote:
Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:Yes~
We recently got an engraving machine as well!
Very addicting to watch.
AND :O
I should!

Moths everywhere! You could turn them into keyrings and all sorts

Oh yes! little engraved acrylic keyrings would be cute as hell~

Bleh, spent like, 3 hours sewing only to get practically nowhere today.
Back is killing me and overall feeling frusterated and like poop :misc4: :unamused:

Ouch - what happened with the sewing situation? :doh:
Slaanesh

Postby Slaanesh » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:49 pm

Slaanesh wrote:
Fruityrumpusasshole wrote:Oh yes! little engraved acrylic keyrings would be cute as hell~

Bleh, spent like, 3 hours sewing only to get practically nowhere today.
Back is killing me and overall feeling frusterated and like poop :misc4: :unamused:

Ouch - what happened with the sewing situation? :doh:

Just haven't used an actual sewing machine in ages, and couldn't quite get the seams right.
not to mention the thing is an antique and I burnt myself on the extremely hot lightbulb while trying to move it :doh:
I wanted to get a lot further on these bags than I did, and now I'm just super frustrated about it.

Bloody hell, I hope the burn stops hurting soon!

Funnily enough I've just ran into your Tumblr page randomly not even using the link in your description! I'll send you a message on Tumblr about possibly buying some :misc2: :widesmile:
wolfstardobe

Postby wolfstardobe » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:08 pm

Sigh... worried about an online friend I haven’t heard from in a while. :(
Female Taken Heteroflexible Hobby Dog Trainer
little-mythgital

Postby little-mythgital » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:46 am

Well it snowed overnight and still snowing now, I think we had the plough this morning and nothing since. Listening to the news and looking at the pages on facebook, apparently some roads have sheets of ice on them and there is already a good handful of incidents.
One of the reasons why I didn't want my ex-boyfriend coming down, the weather is a bit on the bad side and he will be stuck in traffic and the roads are slippery, I doubt he would have winter tyres.
Having the occasional wind here also so should be expecting a few mounds if the plough doesn't come out again.
Got lots of pictures of birds in the snow, quality is a bit off though where the birds a blurred out, been taking them through the window so it doesn't help, also saw a Fildfare which is a first :smilenox:
Well been out there a few times just to feed the birds. They are waiting for food all the time.
Curiosa

Postby Curiosa » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:15 am

Oh sweet Jesus I saw a juvenile cottontail rabbit outside my SO's bedroom window this morning. Minding their own business, looking super floof for their size due to being a winter bunny, nibbling on some weeds and just overall being too smol and cute for my heart to take.
► Show Spoiler

I think he likes to hang out around the yard since my SO has no dogs and the cat is a shy boi who has been found to prefer the indoor life.

"Other than everything going completely wrong, it's all going according to plan!"

| 30 | Female | bisexual | married | crazy about rainbows and glitter | avid DIYer | loves knitting & cooking | fan of animation |
Slaanesh

Postby Slaanesh » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:31 am

Curiosa wrote:Oh sweet Jesus I saw a juvenile cottontail rabbit outside my SO's bedroom window this morning. Minding their own business, looking super floof for their size due to being a winter bunny, nibbling on some weeds and just overall being too smol and cute for my heart to take.
► Show Spoiler

I think he likes to hang out around the yard since my SO has no dogs and the cat is a shy boi who has been found to prefer the indoor life.

Aww how precious! I've just got back in from a walk and I saw a load of ducks and a few bunnies down the lane too! They're ever so fluffy this time of year :misc2: :smilenox:
Ghost_the_Crow

Postby Ghost_the_Crow » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:58 pm

Meh, I need cuddles D:
Asexual / Gyneromantic / Probably Trans or Genderfluid(?) / Loves Cuddling

"Of course I know what I'm doing." I said, knowing that I didn't.
little-mythgital

Postby little-mythgital » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:30 am

Another day of snow, had a plough yesterday afternoon but they didn't grit. No plough today or grit either and it snowed again overnight.
My mum said we are slowly running out of milk and bread and don't have much later on for dinner, she was going to go out today but I think we will be sliding around the place and getting stuck. Also good friends informed that many places ran out of stuff because many panicked brought it all. Funny how a little bit of snow can cause this.
Nearest shop is off the island so it will take ages to go there, also being that it ran out of stuff.
And my mum was supposed to do shopping for work ready for the weekend but apparently that's not happening because shops are empty.
The milk thing is because my parents are big tea drinkers, I only have that bit for my cereals in the morning.
Bread is well bread, toast, sandwiches.

Fun, I was supposed to go into the stables today but that's not happening.
Slaanesh

Postby Slaanesh » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:00 am

I have way too much lube.... :misc11: :surprised:
reine

Postby reine » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:51 am

Got a referral to a pelvic floor physio! Maybe I can finally get rid of these cramps! :widesmile:

Thinking about trying to sell some toys, though I'm not entirely sure how I'd go about boxing them without my parents noticing... Packing stuff is easy to come by, but I'd probably have to buy boxes because we don't have a lot around the house. They'd probably notice if the boxes we do have went missing; they're weirdly attentive to little things that don't matter. :psyduck:
Love? Love fades away. But Bad Dragons? Bad Dragons are forever.
Curiosa

Postby Curiosa » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:52 pm

Today I do what I do best- wait anxiously at the door.
I was asked by my SO to provide a signature for a package. Its something he really needs so I'm slightly nervous I'm gonna miss it? I dunno- I think I'll just burn all this nervous energy by sweeping and mopping. I'm the kind of person where, if left unsupervised in someone's house 90% of the time I'll clean. Heaven help me if I end up house sitting for a hoarder. :stick:

Edit: well, turns out there's been a hiccup in the tracking system. The package I was waiting for today was practically across the country. :doh: oh well, at least the bathroom is clean.
Last edited by Curiosa on Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Off Topic”