What's on your mind?

Discuss anything not related to Bad Dragon or the dedicated Forum Categories here! (Generally SFW. Please remember - No RP or Forum games!)
Niah

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Niah » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:02 pm

I feel more energized and happier having spent an hour and a half or so killing shit and completing various quests in Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning than I have doing anything else this week. That said, I did actually do my calculus homework earlier today; hooray for videos showing me how to solve the problems and "practice another version" options where I put in the wrong answer so it'll show the solution, which I then use to solve the actual graded problem. :laugh: I really miss my cats, so I decided to head home this weekend despite having two tests this coming week; one Tuesday night and one Wednesday night. I already know I'm not likely to have much of a different routine staying in my apartment versus going home, so I decided it was worth it to drive two hours to spend part of Friday, all of Saturday, and part of Sunday with my cats (and parents). I'll bring my laptop, so I can at least have the option of trying to do work Saturday. The only thing that will really be due Saturday is my chemistry homework and that's only if I don't try to go ahead and do it all tomorrow. Rambling about school shit under the spoiler.

► Show Spoiler
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
meatloaf

Postby meatloaf » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:34 pm

some guy on reddit was selling a med/med flint and it was in halloween black so, exactly what i was looking for. he's now trying to now tell me that he needs $50 for shipping, when ive told him ive had a med flint shipped to me before from usps for $25.
really upset because i dont have that extra 50 to pay to him so i wont be getting my dream flint now and refund instead, i guess :(
:misc11: GIRTH-O-HOLIC :misc12:

WTB:
Bruce

Mr Hankeys:
Medium El rey in tan with balls

Msg me if you see any of my toys that may interest you for future sale reference :0 )
wolfstardobe

Postby wolfstardobe » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:21 pm

So tired I can’t sleep.
Female Taken Heteroflexible Hobby Dog Trainer
Grimly Fiendish

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:30 pm

meatloaf wrote:some guy on reddit was selling a med/med flint and it was in halloween black so, exactly what i was looking for. he's now trying to now tell me that he needs $50 for shipping, when ive told him ive had a med flint shipped to me before from usps for $25.
really upset because i dont have that extra 50 to pay to him so i wont be getting my dream flint now and refund instead, i guess :(

If you're in the USA, a flat rate Priority Mail box should fit medium Flint easily, and costs about $17. There's also flat rate shipping bags (just bubble wrap the toy, they are basically indestructible). Shouldn't cost more than $20. I just shipped a large Ridley from NY to California, and two day Priority Mail was $17 (I used my own box, not a flat rate box).

I hate when people pad the shipping expenses.
Niah

Postby Niah » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:16 pm

I'm happy to be home for the weekend, but it is a bit weird. The kittens have gotten so big already; Soubi is the same as always (fortunately). The drive home wasn't too bad. There's one tricky little town and I did miss one turn and ended up losing 15-20 minutes thanks to it. I missed another little turn off a bit after that too. Not too bad for making the drive on my own like that for the first time. I didn't even really need the directions except for when I messed up that one time pretty badly like that. The way back should be easier, I hope. I did do my chem homework so that's one less set of things I have to try to do tomorrow. The main thing I'll focus on is typing up my final report for my chem lab experiment. It shouldn't be too difficult or awful, I just don't want to do it, lol. I should maybe try to study some engineering conversion crap, but I also don't want to do that. The only way to study for that class is to do problems and it's boring as I don't know what. Fuck calculus; I'm not doing that shit tomorrow. I'll tackle what I need to do for it Sunday after I get back to the apartment.
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
AkaiKitsune

Postby AkaiKitsune » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:48 am

So, I'm struggling internally with a moral conundrum that I'd like some outside perspective on.

Being transgender, it's very unnerving to have people start questioning the validity of my identity and body. However, I find that, while being similar in some regards, almost nobody seems to have the same vitriol for intersex people.

The question I've had in my head for the past two weeks is: is it ethical to claim being intersex (and by extension, that I didn't have much of a choice regarding my body or identity) if outed in some way, to avoid potentially negative and/or dangerous attention, or is it disrespectful to genuine intersex people and insincere to people I should be honest with?

Given the current social climate, I'm not sure what good honesty will do for me.
Slaanesh

Postby Slaanesh » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:05 am

AkaiKitsune wrote:So, I'm struggling internally with a moral conundrum that I'd like some outside perspective on.

Being transgender, it's very unnerving to have people start questioning the validity of my identity and body. However, I find that, while being similar in some regards, almost nobody seems to have the same vitriol for intersex people.

The question I've had in my head for the past two weeks is: is it ethical to claim being intersex (and by extension, that I didn't have much of a choice regarding my body or identity) if outed in some way, to avoid potentially negative and/or dangerous attention, or is it disrespectful to genuine intersex people and insincere to people I should be honest with?

Given the current social climate, I'm not sure what good honesty will do for me.

I really wouldn't go claiming to be something you're not, just be truthful and if someone gives you shit just ignore them/block them/stay away from them. Saying that you're intersex while you're not wouldn't help anything and lying about medical conditions could get you screwed over down the line if that makes sense? Maybe your morals are different than mine but I really wouldn't go doing stuff like that. Some people just are trans and that's fine - people who think otherwise shouldn't be given the time of day, so don't let it get to you! :smilenox:

Hopefully that makes sense
AkaiKitsune

Postby AkaiKitsune » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:09 pm

Slaanesh wrote:
AkaiKitsune wrote:So, I'm struggling internally with a moral conundrum that I'd like some outside perspective on.

I really wouldn't go claiming to be something you're not, just be truthful and if someone gives you shit just ignore them/block them/stay away from them. Saying that you're intersex while you're not wouldn't help anything and lying about medical conditions could get you screwed over down the line if that makes sense? Maybe your morals are different than mine but I really wouldn't go doing stuff like that. Some people just are trans and that's fine - people who think otherwise shouldn't be given the time of day, so don't let it get to you! :smilenox:

Yeah, I'm not talking about just going around declaring it, I mean more as an out for difficult and potentially dangerous situations.
Curiosa

Postby Curiosa » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:35 pm

So anytime mom crock pots anything now she uses these disposable plastic liners. She does it now because it's more convenient than to clean a bulky ceramic pot, but it makes everything she cooks with them taste plasticky and tough. I dunno, I've been cooking for myself more often lately so I think she doesn't know how gross I think those liners are. I'm the only one with that opinion so far so even if I let her know I'm sure they won't be going anywhere. :unamused:

Ugh, some things are just so not worth the convenience, especially if it ruins food like that.
You can't touch music- but music can touch you.

"Other than everything going completely wrong, it's all going according to plan!"

| 30 | Female | bisexual | married | crazy about rainbows and glitter | avid DIYer | loves knitting & cooking | fan of animation |
Padre

Postby Padre » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:45 pm

Curiosa wrote:So anytime mom crock pots anything now she uses these disposable plastic liners. She does it now because it's more convenient than to clean a bulky ceramic pot, but it makes everything she cooks with them taste plasticky and tough. I dunno, I've been cooking for myself more often lately so I think she doesn't know how gross I think those liners are. I'm the only one with that opinion so far so even if I let her know I'm sure they won't be going anywhere. :unamused:

Ugh, some things are just so not worth the convenience, especially if it ruins food like that.

Tbh that also sounds like an economical disaster! I've never even heard of those :eyeroll:
Hope she becomes tired of buying those liners and returns to a life without those 2 minutes saved ;)
Pseudo cleric with a preference for dragon dongs.[/align]
Slaanesh

Postby Slaanesh » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:03 pm

AkaiKitsune wrote:
Slaanesh wrote:

Yeah, I'm not talking about just going around declaring it, I mean more as an out for difficult and potentially dangerous situations.

I really wouldn't advise it, being intersex is genetic and very rare condition to have and you won't get anywhere pretending to be something you're not. Just tell them the truth that you're trans, you'll be alright :nomnom:
KnotyDes

Postby KnotyDes » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:57 pm

Curiosa wrote:So anytime mom crock pots anything now she uses these disposable plastic liners. She does it now because it's more convenient than to clean a bulky ceramic pot, but it makes everything she cooks with them taste plasticky and tough. I dunno, I've been cooking for myself more often lately so I think she doesn't know how gross I think those liners are. I'm the only one with that opinion so far so even if I let her know I'm sure they won't be going anywhere. :unamused:

cooking something in plastic for long periods of time sounds bad.
My collection
► Show Spoiler
meatloaf

Postby meatloaf » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:59 pm

kinda wanna get back into SL, i want to commission someone to make a MLP avatar of my character but ??? how and where
:misc11: GIRTH-O-HOLIC :misc12:

WTB:
Bruce

Mr Hankeys:
Medium El rey in tan with balls

Msg me if you see any of my toys that may interest you for future sale reference :0 )
reine

Postby reine » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:30 pm

It's weird how I can hear some people talk about sex/sexual stuff and be like "cool, whatever man" or "haha same", but hearing certain other people talk about it just feels... eugh. :unamused:

Different people give off different vibes, I find. Sometimes it's totally fine, sometimes an otherwise normal subject feels super uncomfortable to talk about. :psyduck:
Love? Love fades away. But Bad Dragons? Bad Dragons are forever.
AkaiKitsune

Postby AkaiKitsune » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:17 pm

reine wrote:It's weird how I can hear some people talk about sex/sexual stuff and be like "cool, whatever man" or "haha same", but hearing certain other people talk about it just feels... eugh. :unamused:

Different people give off different vibes, I find. Sometimes it's totally fine, sometimes an otherwise normal subject feels super uncomfortable to talk about. :psyduck:

I totally get that. A lot of it comes down to the way they convey their respect (or lack of), I think. It's clear that some people are entirely selfish and/or ignorant about a lot of things, and present their own sexuality in a very crude way. Whereas others are a lot more open minded about certain things and see it as more of a serious and mature topic.
Curiosa

Postby Curiosa » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:34 pm

Padre wrote:

Tbh that also sounds like an economical disaster! I've never even heard of those :eyeroll:
Hope she becomes tired of buying those liners and returns to a life without those 2 minutes saved ;)

She prioritizes convenience over taste a lot so they're probably not going anywhere soon.

This will most likely be my face if they get discontinued:

KnotyDes wrote:cooking something in plastic for long periods of time sounds bad.

It tastes (and smells) as bad as it sounds. I used to practically lick the plate clean whenever she crock potted anything, now I can't get past the plastic taste of the food. If anything it motivates me to cook stuff I like but I know my folks would never touch. I've been making a lot of Japanese style dishes, they're a tad put off by some of the dish concepts.

Me: "Ok, you take a fried pork chop, cut it into strips, throw it in a heated pan with onions"
Mom: "I like where this is going."
Me: "now cook an egg over it and serve it on top of rice"
Mom: "wtf"

"Other than everything going completely wrong, it's all going according to plan!"

| 30 | Female | bisexual | married | crazy about rainbows and glitter | avid DIYer | loves knitting & cooking | fan of animation |
KnotyDes

Postby KnotyDes » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:01 pm

Curiosa wrote:It tastes (and smells) as bad as it sounds. I used to practically lick the plate clean whenever she crock potted anything, now I can't get past the plastic taste of the food. If anything it motivates me to cook stuff I like but I know my folks would never touch. I've been making a lot of Japanese style dishes, they're a tad put off by some of the dish concepts.

Me: "Ok, you take a fried pork chop, cut it into strips, throw it in a heated pan with onions"

make Japanese style curry, that will change their opinion. there is a ramen restaurant near my work that makes really good curry over rice, ramen or udon with karage or katsu on top. well they also make good everything, so there's that.
My collection
► Show Spoiler
Curiosa

Postby Curiosa » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:10 pm

KnotyDes wrote:
Curiosa wrote:It tastes (and smells) as bad as it sounds. I used to practically lick the plate clean whenever she crock potted anything, now I can't get past the plastic taste of the food. If anything it motivates me to cook stuff I like but I know my folks would never touch. I've been making a lot of Japanese style dishes, they're a tad put off by some of the dish concepts.

make Japanese style curry, that will change their opinion. there is a ramen restaurant near my work that makes really good curry over rice, ramen or udon with karage or katsu on top. well they also make good everything, so there's that.

I dunno, they REALLY hate curry (that sounds super good though). It's tough to change their mind once my folks decide they hate a dish. Never had lamb until I was an adult because they had some bad mutton and tried to "shelter" me from it. SO made me some our first Valentine's day together and oooooh, it was so goooooood! Anyways, I finally got them to try lamb I cooked and their reaction was pretty much "that was good, but never ask us to eat that again" :misc4: :nomnom: And they tease me for being a picky eater.

My folks frustrate me sometimes over their culinary choices. Sorry if this goes on for a bit, I kinda need to vent. You guys don't have to read it if you don't want, I'll just spoiler it for length.
► Show Spoiler

Maybe this is why Ratatouille is my second favorite Pixar movie. I relate a bit more to Remy than I expected.

Thank the maker my friends in the city have restaurant/cooking options beyond Chinese, Mexican, Steakhouse, Pizza Parlor. I had no clue how much I'd like Vetnamese food until my friends brought me to their favorite place and I got to try pho. :liplick:

KnotyDes

Postby KnotyDes » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:38 pm

Curiosa wrote: :words:

WOW. I feel really bad for you about your parents culinary tastes and habits. butter in the freezer???????

well done beef, i cannot even.

Chain restaurants are also questionable, the best thing about traveling is experiencing the things that, that place have to offer. But i guess there is a reason the Denny's on the Vega's strip is so busy.

Lamb, find some rack of lamb, either seasoned or unseasoned. here is a classic https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/c ... k_of_lamb/

i am very fortunate that my parents gave me just about everything when i was young, even more-so that i was willing to try anything.
My collection
► Show Spoiler
Curiosa

Postby Curiosa » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:51 pm

KnotyDes wrote:
Curiosa wrote: :words:

Chain restaurants are also questionable, the best thing about traveling is experiencing the things that, that place have to offer. But i guess there is a reason the Denny's on the Vega's strip is so busy.

It's why I love traveling with my SO and his family, they go out of their way to find local restaurants when they travel. We were passing through Monterey Bay one trip and stopped at the most amazing seafood place. :liplick: I didn't really like seafood until that trip; the double-whammy of being landlocked and in a desert does not bode well for seafood freshness. However once I got a taste for good seafood I feel it really broadened my horizons. If we ever visit the coast again I'd love to find a good sushi place. Been craving some good nigiri for awhile.

Return to “General Off Topic”