What's on your mind?

Discuss anything not related to Bad Dragon or the dedicated Forum Categories here! (Generally SFW. Please remember - No RP or Forum games!)
Ghost_the_Crow

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Ghost_the_Crow » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:39 am

Tested the blade of my glaive on some paper. It’s definately sharp...
Too bad that melons are too messy to test it on them. Maybe cardboard boxes filled with cardboard? I‘ll see...
Asexual / Gyneromantic / Probably Trans or Genderfluid(?) / Loves Cuddling

"Of course I know what I'm doing." I said, knowing that I didn't.
Niah

Postby Niah » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:50 pm

Yeah, I don't know what's wrong with me. I clocked in at 100 yesterday and clocked out at 9 and I was fine the whole time; didn't feel overly tired or anything at all. I had sweat pouring off me but that's just from working either outside or in the washroom (no air conditioning) when it's in the mid-90s Fahrenheit. I got back to my place, showered, ate dinner, and went to bed around 1030. I ended up getting up and going to the sofa around 1 and I still didn't fall asleep till at least 3. I was up at 830 and I was definitely fine when I ran some errands. I was even fine while I cooked some stuff since I work the next 6 days, but I ended up feeling very tired and took a 3 hour nap (not intended to be that long). I ate some dinner and I still felt tired. Hell, I'm exhausted as I type this since my shower didn't wake me up much either. That said, I know that when I lie down tonight I'll likely end up not sleeping well at all. It could be because my mattress isn't firm enough anymore; it could be my pillow; or it could be insomnia. I do have depression, but it doesn't usually manifest in sleeping issues like this when it flares up. I think tonight I won't even try sleeping in my bed; I'll just go right for the sofa. The sofa is actually quite comfortable and the cushions are firm, which feels good on my back. I suppose I could sleep on the floor if I wanted more room. The thing is though, I know I'll likely be tired tomorrow morning, but then when it comes time to get ready for work and to actually work I'll be pretty much fine the whole shift. I just would love to actually be able to fall asleep within an hour of lying down and actually stay asleep and not toss and turn for hours on end.

Edit: I kicked on my air again and it's finally cooling down in my apartment. Naturally I'm wide awake, but I'm going to give sleeping a try again.
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
SweetieKat

Postby SweetieKat » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:51 pm

I hate that it's midnight and I have no desire to go to bed. I wish I could be a morning person instead because this staying up until midnight or later routine is seriously not working out with my life right now. :eyeroll:
:misc1: :nerdy: Toy list in my profile, I've done a few reviews. Current Favorites: Royal Dragon, Terra
Curiosa

Postby Curiosa » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:11 am

Me: *starts writing a horror novel*
Me: "hmm... I wonder what would happen if I switched back and forth between the protagonist and antagonist in first person perspective..."
*one page of writing later*
Me: "Oh that got dark fast."
You can't touch music- but music can touch you.

"Other than everything going completely wrong, it's all going according to plan!"

| 30 | Female | bisexual | married | crazy about rainbows and glitter | avid DIYer | loves knitting & cooking | fan of animation |
little-mythgital

Postby little-mythgital » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:03 am

Mum dragged me out of the house today cause I was in a state, went and looked at some animals today, was going to bring home a Guinea Pig they had for rehoming, saw a rabbit also that had the name of Chicken.... who the.... Also brought another Jurassic World figure for the collection. My mum is going to take me to do some ceramic painting at one point.
My nan goes on to me how I should get a dog, she says something like a Great Dane would suit me well.
At the moment I'm just suffering with the medication side effects, also feeling down and angry at the same time. Not sure if the meds or it's just me being me as usual. I would guess that just being me cause it's common for me, also doesn't help a certain someone again is hinting that I am causing his misery. All because I won't talk over voice chat or go and meet up with him. Well as mentioned above I haven't been well at all and how he likes to spend an entire day with me that is not possible at the moment, internet has been a bit of a problem lately; if the internet was working well chances are he would just get all yelling at me again. Well I don't forgive him for the last few incidents that happened.
Don't know why I keep moaning about him, not healthy for me but he treats it like I am the only person in existence. I don't know what to do at this point, I'm anxious about doing conversation cause he may blow a fuse again. But then there is always the end call button but I don't want to be rude.

Well on good note I've got some goodies coming soon, been slowly working on the dinosaur displays whenever effort kicks in.
BlastShelter

Postby BlastShelter » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:51 pm

I was arguing online with a guy who was maipulated by a fake new, only to discover that he is an asshole white knight with thought police aspirations. I finally give the reason, becuse you know: you can't argue with assholes.
I'll get you next time, Knot! Next time!
Last one alive lock the door.
Kiran

Postby Kiran » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:12 pm

I wonder if I am going to watch Hanebado, a new anime about badminton... I have no kind of interest in badminton at all, so why the trailer I saw got my attention... probably art style... The only sport anime I watched is Hajime No Ippo, about boxing.
Ghost_the_Crow

Postby Ghost_the_Crow » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:16 pm

Man, if I wouldn’t be so bad at taking care of things (especially Plants) I would actually get myself a pet like a snake or bird, rats are cool too but I think they’re not permitted in my apartment.
Asexual / Gyneromantic / Probably Trans or Genderfluid(?) / Loves Cuddling

"Of course I know what I'm doing." I said, knowing that I didn't.
little-mythgital

Postby little-mythgital » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:37 pm

My mum keeps suggesting that I move rooms for better space, how my sisters old room is bigger than mine in a way. Not sure how to feel as little changes me a little funny. She said I can have a dinosaur themed mural on one wall. Not sure how to sleep directly onto next door, he has a habit of slamming things in the night. Plus that room is quite dark for most of the day.
Also lately been trying to get a grips with Zbrush, maybe I should have a proper sit back and look at tutorials. They all seem to be videos though. Most of my confusion is adding on parts and other things I am confused about/problems.
wolfstardobe

Postby wolfstardobe » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:57 pm

Currently hiding from Fireworks... I need to invest in noise canceling headphones.
Female Taken Heteroflexible Hobby Dog Trainer
Tallon

Postby Tallon » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:22 am

wolfstardobe wrote:Currently hiding from Fireworks... I need to invest in noise canceling headphones.

Gotta admit I'm not much of a fan of fireworks, either... especially when the people lighting them are drunk. I swear I thought either my trees were going to burn down or that my spouse and/or son would get hurt.
"Ecce! Scintillae!" :laugh:

Married Bisexual Kinky Old Man :stick:
little-mythgital

Postby little-mythgital » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:25 am

Woke up this morning for my cousin showing off the two new rabbits he got for his children. There is me trying to work out whether they are miniature lop lions or lionheads. His kids are 5, 3 and a baby about urm… well I don't know haha
They live in a tiny 2 bedroom flat with a shared garden.
Do have my concerns for the rabbits cause the kids are very loud and rough, I have seen them and they scare me :surprised:
Of all animals to choose from, well they did had a dog but they got rid of it, they do also have a cat but I never hear of it much.
They also go out a lot so yeahhhhhhh….
Curiosa

Postby Curiosa » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:49 am

wolfstardobe wrote:Currently hiding from Fireworks... I need to invest in noise canceling headphones.

I don't blame you. Fourth of July makes me so anxious. Honestly, I think all the crazy 4th of July barbeques my folks dragged me to as a kid kinda made me adverse to the holiday. I just associate it with a bunch of drunk idiots blowing shit up. :eyeroll:

-in other news-
I'm kind of excited for my birthday this month. Mom asked me what I want for my birthday and, like the nerd I am, I'm planning on asking for some stationary. But not just any stationary... stationary from Japan! There is one kind of notebook I saw where you can remove/rearrange the pages like a 3 ring binder. But this looks much more elegant and better put together. My nerdy ass wants a couple of these for writing knitting patterns and project notes. I can get a little unfocused/unorganized when writing things down so this would be perfect.

"Other than everything going completely wrong, it's all going according to plan!"

| 30 | Female | bisexual | married | crazy about rainbows and glitter | avid DIYer | loves knitting & cooking | fan of animation |
Kreature

Postby Kreature » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:37 am

I made the disturbing realization that one specific topic has been at the fore front of my mind for six months. It's like a thought that my brain won't let go of and keeps cycling it over and over in my head. It's not bad thoughts though. I'm not disturbed by it, but for fucks sakes, six months? I'd think that after a time, I'd find other things to think about but no. My mind has latched onto one topic and keeps replaying it over and over. It's like I'm watching a film on repeat.

I was unaware of this weird...obsessive thinking until I woke up in the early hours of the morning feeling really anxious. The second I open my eyes my mind goes straight to thinking about the only topic it wants to think about. The topic in general is unimportant. It's not disturbing or even personal. It was just something I saw on the news, so it really has nothing to do with me. As I was lying there in bed, "watching" the thoughts run through my head, I asked myself, "How long have I been thinking about this?" I counted on my fingers the months from when I saw the news to present. At the time, it was five months. It's bizarre. However, I don't think I need to see someone about it because it isn't keeping me from living my life. I'm just unsure as to why on earth my mind keeps replaying the same thoughts over and over for so long.
| Female | 21 | Polysexual | Newbie Dick Collector | Sergal Lover | Shy & Introverted | Bookworm | Dino/Dragon Fan | Major Daydreamer |

Currently trying to start my own toybox. And figuring out a place to hide it... :bugeyed:

Must haves: Mini Ika, mini Austin, small Tyson, mini Roland, mini Bumblehooves, small Bumblehooves, small Trent, mini Rex, small Rex, small Chance unflared, small Duke, small Razor
Every single dessert-themed design. :smile:
wolfstardobe

Postby wolfstardobe » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:17 pm

My package was lost in the mail abyss for a week. It’s finally moving again! Luckily it wasn’t expensive.
Female Taken Heteroflexible Hobby Dog Trainer
BlastShelter

Postby BlastShelter » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:59 pm

I just saw a fragment of some "Twilight" movie, and I remember how bad is: a movie saga about a relationship between two abusive assholes.
And I start to think the vampire is gay, but the vampire family where he lives are really homophobic, so: he is faking a straight relationship.
I'll get you next time, Knot! Next time!
Last one alive lock the door.
Curiosa

Postby Curiosa » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:17 pm

BlastShelter wrote:I just saw a fragment of some "Twilight" movie, and I remember how bad is: a movie saga about a relationship between two abusive assholes.
And I start to think the vampire is gay, but the vampire family where he lives are really homophobic, so: he is faking a straight relationship.

Omg YES headcanon accepted. :stick: TBH, it would have been way more interesting if that were the case. I dunno, that might just be my queer ass reading into things.

I read the first book back in my second year of college (all my friends did and I wanted to stay in the loop*) and I thought it was weird how normal the book treated his family dynamic, especially that all the female vampires in the family were more or less turned to be brides for the boys. :eyeroll: Like, wow, way to go book. I... couldn't even get through the second and decided to stay out of my friend's discussions over the book henceforth.

* to clarify I had one friend who loved it, one who hated it, and their discussions about it always got heated.

Curiosa

Postby Curiosa » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:27 pm

Avoiding my folks' friends citing that "I'm busy with computer work".

Not looking forward to telling my parents that we don't want them to come to the wedding. I dunno about the first one but the other tends to hold grudges and takes things VERY personally. :unamused:

Tallon

Postby Tallon » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:24 am

Curiosa wrote:Avoiding my folks' friends citing that "I'm busy with computer work".

Not looking forward to telling my parents that we don't want them to come to the wedding. I dunno about the first one but the other tends to hold grudges and takes things VERY personally. :unamused:

You could always use the "not enough seating" excuse. I had to do that for several aunts and their children whom I despised.

In the meantime, my spouse confronted me about my sudden need to hit the bottle hard every night, and I put it pretty straightforward-- living with his parents and grandmother is literal Hell. I wouldn't be on half my medications if we lived with our own small family. We used to have a small condo that I adored and kept tidy. I went to the gym every day. I cooked all our meals and gladly. His parents and grandma have killed my vibe, and worse than that-- my whole will to live. To them, I'm useless garbage, I'm sure of it. His dad is a whiny little bitch about the dumbest shit and openly expresses hatred toward our friends. His mom thinks I'm helpless trash. Each time I go to my psychiatrist, she has to put me on something stronger just to keep me from killing myself outright. But those meds have drawbacks-- my creative inspiration is gone. I used to write and write and write, plus illustrate. I was an honor student in both biology and art. I'm struggling to keep my 4.0 GPA. I want to move forward with my education but my household makes it impossible. There's so much more I could say, but I explained it to my spouse, and I'm not sure he gets it.

BTW sorry to be a downer. :laugh:
"Ecce! Scintillae!" :laugh:

Married Bisexual Kinky Old Man :stick:
Curiosa

Postby Curiosa » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:34 pm

Tallon wrote:BTW sorry to be a downer. :laugh:

Nah, it's fine. We all need to vent sometimes. I dunno how comforting internet hugs are, but here we go-

I was able to get my mom on my side about the whole kerfuffle. We haven't told my dad about it yet (technically the grudge holder is my dad's friend) but we're gonna give him a couple of days to chill and forget about all the bbq planning they were doing before we bring it up. The friend kind of invited himself to the wedding as the bbq caterer, but... I want my brother in law to do that. He's a better cook and I find him much more tolerable.

With the other friend I'm just gonna be upfront that he's not invited. He's a racist, a sexist, and overall a bad influence on the first friend. I'm so glad I have a friend who's done this wedding stuff before who is willing to give me advice on the whole thing. She's the best to talk to and is more than willing to be in the wedding party.

Return to “General Off Topic”