What's on your mind?

Discuss anything not related to Bad Dragon or the dedicated Forum Categories here! (Generally SFW. Please remember - No RP or Forum games!)
User avatar
KnotyDes
Posts: 2600
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:03 pm
Gender: Male
Location: South of SF

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby KnotyDes » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:40 pm

Shardik wrote:Astroglide is terrible.

Can confirm is bad, well at least for the stuff we're into.
My collection
► Show Spoiler
Tempest
Posts: 1098
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:33 pm
Gender: Dude
Location: California

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Tempest » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:51 pm

Shardik wrote:Business travel sucks.

Drinking alone is depressing.

Astroglide is terrible.

Oh, that sucks. Where are you currently traveling to?
Full collection and wish list in profile!
Current faves: L/5 Flint, Boss Hogg XXL
Dick fund status: depleted
User avatar
Hoofs_N_Horns
Posts: 2231
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 4:17 pm
Gender: Male
Location: USA

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Hoofs_N_Horns » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:00 pm

Dumping some random thoughts here :3

I've had a strange idea to sell my toy collection. Like the whole thing. I feel almost no attachment or interest in them which is honestly probably a result of a shitty week and lingering depression more than anything. I can't really express in words what the last week has been like so I'm not going to try, simply imagine not feeling great and then the bottom drops out spectacularly. But I really don't use my toy collection very often. I likely won't sell them as they've taken so long to curate and many of them are pretty and they can be stimulating when I'm in the mood.

--

Some guy yelled out "heeey girl" as I ran by yesterday. Assuming it was directed at me -- there was nobody else near me at the time -- I don't know if it was intended as an insult, joke or whatever. But I'm taking it as a compliment and evidence that my overall shift in appearance is having the intended effect. I did have freshly shaved legs after all. Not that my legs are ever noticeably hairy but somehow shaving them is noticeable.
I smiled for a mile after that :widesmile: To think that last time I had girly appearance 9 years ago, I used to be offended by these encounters... the catcalls, the awkward "m'am" instead of "sir".

--

Painting my nails. For some reason I find this nearly impossible. Maybe it's that my hands aren't steady enough or I don't have the patience or just lack experience. And for some reason my nails are always broken and damaged. But I looooove the results. It just brightens my day to have painted nails. Though I've only had my toes painted and never visible in public. I'm thinking next time will be blue with pink tips. We'll see if I ever dare showing them in public. I would maybe if I wasn't so damned alone.

Fixing my hair. First not washing it every day like I've always done. I just rinsed it for 3 days. That has already helped, it's got almost no tangles and just feels and looks better, laying down naturally the way I want. Second is changing to a more appropriate shampoo and conditioner. What I've got was OK when I had shorter hair but now it just ruins it. Third is possibly experimenting with other treatments as needed. But gawd there are a lot of choices out there. It's all pretty confusing. I'm not even 100% sure I know what type of hair I have.
Penetrables comparison: here
User avatar
Tallon
Posts: 485
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:38 pm
Gender: FtM
Location: Pacific Northwest
Contact:

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Tallon » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:01 am

Hoofs_N_Horns wrote:Dumping some random thoughts here :3
--

Painting my nails. For some reason I find this nearly impossible. Maybe it's that my hands aren't steady enough or I don't have the patience or just lack experience. And for some reason my nails are always broken and damaged. But I looooove the results. It just brightens my day to have painted nails. Though I've only had my toes painted and never visible in public. I'm thinking next time will be blue with pink tips. We'll see if I ever dare showing them in public. I would maybe if I wasn't so damned alone.


Have you ever had a professional manicure with painting? I highly recommend it if it's in your budget. It adds up *but* it's a great way to pamper yourself. They'll take care of broken/damaged nails. Pedicures are great too. I get my nails done sometimes because when they grow they split (though I don't have them painted).
"Ecce! Scintillae!" :laugh:

Married Bisexual Kinky Old Man :stick:
User avatar
ChaosRed
Posts: 656
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:00 am
Gender: Male
Location: Ohio

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby ChaosRed » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:09 am

Thinking about doing some writing and possibly putting it online. I had the idea of a sort of advice/educational blog about sex and sex-related questions to try and normalize some of the stuff people still think is weird. Maybe even help people who might thing something they like, do, or are interested is weird. There's enough negative shite going around that it might be good to try doing.
So I've started writing for the internet! Check it out: https://aconversations.wordpress.com/
User avatar
eloeelwe
Posts: 5727
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:24 pm
Gender: CIS Male, Gay
Location: Henderson, Nevada, USA
Contact:

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby eloeelwe » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:36 am

Las Vegas PRIDE Weekend starts today!
I'm going to partake in all that I can, since I got paid time off from work, for a mini vacation.
Going to enjoy this to the fullest!
___________________________________________


See the dragon's share of my artwork, here: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/eloeelwe/
Or here: http://eloeelwe.deviantart.com/
User avatar
Faffy the FauxFox
Posts: 2423
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:19 am
Gender: the unfun version of female
Location: NJ

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Faffy the FauxFox » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:35 pm

wondering if it is racist to not believe in Afrocentric theories, like Ireland's first inhabitants were Black Africans, because Irish folklore contains elements that support it.
__________________________________________________________________________________
underwear is a hug for your butt
User avatar
Hoofs_N_Horns
Posts: 2231
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 4:17 pm
Gender: Male
Location: USA

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Hoofs_N_Horns » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:30 pm

Tallon wrote:
Hoofs_N_Horns wrote:Dumping some random thoughts here :3
--

Painting my nails. For some reason I find this nearly impossible. Maybe it's that my hands aren't steady enough or I don't have the patience or just lack experience. And for some reason my nails are always broken and damaged. But I looooove the results. It just brightens my day to have painted nails. Though I've only had my toes painted and never visible in public. I'm thinking next time will be blue with pink tips. We'll see if I ever dare showing them in public. I would maybe if I wasn't so damned alone.


Have you ever had a professional manicure with painting? I highly recommend it if it's in your budget. It adds up *but* it's a great way to pamper yourself. They'll take care of broken/damaged nails. Pedicures are great too. I get my nails done sometimes because when they grow they split (though I don't have them painted).


I haven't! But I've certainly considered it. I'm sure the results would be much better and I'm pretty sure I will get both pedicured and manicured at some point. However, I also kinda want to prove to myself that I can do this on my own :widesmile: Tonight will be my next attempt.
Penetrables comparison: here
User avatar
Niah
Posts: 3326
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:25 am
Gender: Genderfluid

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Niah » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:52 pm

Hoofs_N_Horns wrote:
Tallon wrote:
Hoofs_N_Horns wrote:Dumping some random thoughts here :3
--

Painting my nails. For some reason I find this nearly impossible. Maybe it's that my hands aren't steady enough or I don't have the patience or just lack experience. And for some reason my nails are always broken and damaged. But I looooove the results. It just brightens my day to have painted nails. Though I've only had my toes painted and never visible in public. I'm thinking next time will be blue with pink tips. We'll see if I ever dare showing them in public. I would maybe if I wasn't so damned alone.


Have you ever had a professional manicure with painting? I highly recommend it if it's in your budget. It adds up *but* it's a great way to pamper yourself. They'll take care of broken/damaged nails. Pedicures are great too. I get my nails done sometimes because when they grow they split (though I don't have them painted).


I haven't! But I've certainly considered it. I'm sure the results would be much better and I'm pretty sure I will get both pedicured and manicured at some point. However, I also kinda want to prove to myself that I can do this on my own :widesmile: Tonight will be my next attempt.


I bit my nails way up until I was 23 and then I suddenly stopped, so I never painted my nails because I'd just bite them anyway and it never looked good on them. I'll occasionally paint them now when my nails are at a good length, but I usually don't keep them painted for more than a day or two. When it starts to come off (I use my hands a lot at work, so the polish starts to rub off at the ends), I end up taking it all off because if it doesn't look perfect I can't stand to have it on, lol. Maybe one day I can keep it on longer than 2 days, but who knows.
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
User avatar
Hoofs_N_Horns
Posts: 2231
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 4:17 pm
Gender: Male
Location: USA

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Hoofs_N_Horns » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:36 pm

Niah wrote:
Hoofs_N_Horns wrote:
Tallon wrote:
Have you ever had a professional manicure with painting? I highly recommend it if it's in your budget. It adds up *but* it's a great way to pamper yourself. They'll take care of broken/damaged nails. Pedicures are great too. I get my nails done sometimes because when they grow they split (though I don't have them painted).


I haven't! But I've certainly considered it. I'm sure the results would be much better and I'm pretty sure I will get both pedicured and manicured at some point. However, I also kinda want to prove to myself that I can do this on my own :widesmile: Tonight will be my next attempt.


I bit my nails way up until I was 23 and then I suddenly stopped, so I never painted my nails because I'd just bite them anyway and it never looked good on them. I'll occasionally paint them now when my nails are at a good length, but I usually don't keep them painted for more than a day or two. When it starts to come off (I use my hands a lot at work, so the polish starts to rub off at the ends), I end up taking it all off because if it doesn't look perfect I can't stand to have it on, lol. Maybe one day I can keep it on longer than 2 days, but who knows.


Yeah in my case toenails should last a decent time especially with it getting cooler, I'll normally be wearing socks and shoes. But fingernails will last 2 days at most because I'm not ready to wear them beyond the weekend :< Kinda sucks to spend the time and effort for something that won't last long but I guess I'll try to enjoy it while I can :P And I'm always doing stuff that scratches or breaks my nails, so I feel your pain there.
Penetrables comparison: here
User avatar
Rainbow Dasher
Posts: 10491
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:25 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Australia

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:47 pm

A few days ago, the weather was so warm I was in shorts; sleeping was even a little uncomfortable because of the heat. A few days later and we're back to running the heater inside, bundled up to keep from freezing to death inside the apartment. The weather needs to make up its damn mind. :stick:
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Slaanesh
Posts: 943
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:01 am
Gender: Female

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Slaanesh » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:51 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:A few days ago, the weather was so warm I was in shorts; sleeping was even a little uncomfortable because of the heat. A few days later and we're back to running the heater inside, bundled up to keep from freezing to death inside the apartment. The weather needs to make up its damn mind. :stick:


Huh your name has got the weird Stranger Things writing in it :psyduck: Also, over the past two weeks in England it's gone from 20ºC twice last week down to 7ºC at the lowest this week :doh:
User avatar
eloeelwe
Posts: 5727
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:24 pm
Gender: CIS Male, Gay
Location: Henderson, Nevada, USA
Contact:

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby eloeelwe » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:07 am

So, the Las Vegas PRIDE Parade was awesome, and had fun with the hubby.
Well.....except for the guy with the tall sign and loud speaker, spouting half truths about the scriptures, that decided to stop in our area and preach. Eventually he got on everyone's nerves and was asked politely, several times, to move on. He didn't. Things became heated, and looked to get physical real soon. So my husband Mo stepped in, and calmly diffused the situation by filling in the parts of the scriptures the the idiot was not saying. Becoming more and more flustered by the wall of truth (and LBGTA people) building before him, he wandered off in relative shame, never to be seen again that evening.
Overwhelming cheers were heard.....I love my husband!

The only other down side, is the beer was $14 for a large cup. :/

I'm going to the Las Vegas PRIDE Festival today. It's at one of the largest parks in the city, and is a two day event. Not sure what to expect, but I'm ready for any fun I can find!
___________________________________________


See the dragon's share of my artwork, here: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/eloeelwe/
Or here: http://eloeelwe.deviantart.com/
User avatar
Akanisen
Posts: 7114
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:58 pm
Gender: Male(FtM), Pansexual, Demi-poly-romantic
Contact:

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Akanisen » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:15 pm

Started watching stranger things cause of all the BD stuff and I'm really liking it :widesmile:
ImageImage Image "Ignorance is bliss. But bliss is boring." ~Bill Cipher Image ImageImage
User avatar
Shardik
Posts: 1856
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:50 pm
Gender: Male. Usually.
Location: Seattle, WA
Contact:

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Shardik » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:05 pm

Tempest wrote:
Shardik wrote:Business travel sucks.

Drinking alone is depressing.

Astroglide is terrible.

Oh, that sucks. Where are you currently traveling to?


I was in San Francisco for training, and they ran me ragged so much that I couldn't even socialize with anyone. I'm back home, thank the gods.
Current Collection:
► Show Spoiler
User avatar
Shardik
Posts: 1856
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:50 pm
Gender: Male. Usually.
Location: Seattle, WA
Contact:

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Shardik » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:06 pm

KnotyDes wrote:
Shardik wrote:Astroglide is terrible.

Can confirm is bad, well at least for the stuff we're into.


Yep. But even for just hand-managing a light load, no toys involved, it dries out and is terrible. I'm so spoiled by my handmade lube recipes.
Current Collection:
► Show Spoiler
Tempest
Posts: 1098
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:33 pm
Gender: Dude
Location: California

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Tempest » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:13 pm

Shardik wrote:
Tempest wrote:
Shardik wrote:Business travel sucks.

Drinking alone is depressing.

Astroglide is terrible.

Oh, that sucks. Where are you currently traveling to?


I was in San Francisco for training, and they ran me ragged so much that I couldn't even socialize with anyone. I'm back home, thank the gods.

That's rough. Glad you're back home and doing better now.
Full collection and wish list in profile!
Current faves: L/5 Flint, Boss Hogg XXL
Dick fund status: depleted
User avatar
Niah
Posts: 3326
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:25 am
Gender: Genderfluid

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Niah » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:26 pm

I'm feeling better about things than I was last night. I'm getting more nervous because I should hear back from the university I applied to at some point this week most likely. I have no idea what to expect with it. I'm trying to optimistic, but I also don't want to assume anything. I have decided that should I be admitted, I'll be quitting work as soon as possible with Nov 4th my last day. I'll need as much time as I can get since orientation is Jan 4-5 and classes begin Jan 10. During the lead up to all that I'll have to find an apartment and move, I'll have to have a neurologist appointment sometime before the 4th if possible or else get them to refer me to one in the area of the university, and I'll also be studying math so I can take a math placement test and I'd love to test out of pre-calc material if at all possible. I'm semi-fucked right now since I've slacked off with my studying because I don't have any concrete motivation and making up false deadlines doesn't work for my brain.

Both kittens seem fine today and I haven't found any diarrhea from either one, so that's a big plus for now. Soubi is still very unsure of them. He seems fine most of the time with them, but he's still keeping his distance. He will hiss at them and occasionally swat if they get too close, but it's not too bad really. They've been out of their room since around 9 or so. It'll be a long while before I'm comfortable letting them be unsupervised.

I ramble on a bit about electronics, so I'm putting it under a spoiler.

► Show Spoiler
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
User avatar
Hoofs_N_Horns
Posts: 2231
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 4:17 pm
Gender: Male
Location: USA

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby Hoofs_N_Horns » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:37 pm

Niah wrote:I'm feeling better about things than I was last night. I'm getting more nervous because I should hear back from the university I applied to at some point this week most likely. I have no idea what to expect with it. I'm trying to optimistic, but I also don't want to assume anything. I have decided that should I be admitted, I'll be quitting work as soon as possible with Nov 4th my last day. I'll need as much time as I can get since orientation is Jan 4-5 and classes begin Jan 10. During the lead up to all that I'll have to find an apartment and move, I'll have to have a neurologist appointment sometime before the 4th if possible or else get them to refer me to one in the area of the university, and I'll also be studying math so I can take a math placement test and I'd love to test out of pre-calc material if at all possible. I'm semi-fucked right now since I've slacked off with my studying because I don't have any concrete motivation and making up false deadlines doesn't work for my brain.

Both kittens seem fine today and I haven't found any diarrhea from either one, so that's a big plus for now. Soubi is still very unsure of them. He seems fine most of the time with them, but he's still keeping his distance. He will hiss at them and occasionally swat if they get too close, but it's not too bad really. They've been out of their room since around 9 or so. It'll be a long while before I'm comfortable letting them be unsupervised.

I ramble on a bit about electronics, so I'm putting it under a spoiler.

► Show Spoiler


Good luck with the admissions! :3 Hope that all works out for you. It's a lot of work but should be worth it. Also, if you need help studying math, like I dunno if having someone to work through it with might be of benefit and a potential source of motivation/accountability, but I'd be willing to help if you wanted.

But what's that about iPhone 4 being ancient technology D: I remember the first waves of smartphones that totally flopped before the iPhone was even a twinkle in Steve Job's eye lol. And the PDAs that were the rage in the 90s. I always wanted one...

Also you should try ArchLinux ;3 I used it on a project so I could get the latest updated software packages without always needing to compile them myself. I mean stuff gets updated all day long every day. It made me a believer. Granted it would having a learning curve compared to Debian-based distros but the more different ones you use, the more flexible your skills become. But thankfully you didn't go the way of Gentoo... I'm sure it has progressed in the past 10 years but my goodness was it a PITA last time I used it (2005-ish).

I'm still planning to replace my desktop OS with Linux and only run a Windows VM on demand. I think I'll buy a bigger SSD and that's when I'll make the switch.
Penetrables comparison: here
User avatar
wolfstardobe
Posts: 1342
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:49 pm
Gender: Female
Location: NM

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby wolfstardobe » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:58 pm

My depression is rearing its ugly head.
Female Taken Heteroflexible Hobby Dog Trainer

Return to “General Off Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests