What's on your mind?

Discuss anything not related to Bad Dragon or the dedicated Forum Categories here! (Generally SFW. Please remember - No RP or Forum games!)
thesharkwhisperer

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby thesharkwhisperer » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:18 pm

I'm in dire need of an extetnal hard drive for my PS4. The poor thing is completely filled up and I just learned Far Cry 5 requires 50GB at least holy shit.
History nerd - Dino lover - Pokémon - HUBBADUH
Ghost_the_Crow

Postby Ghost_the_Crow » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:27 pm

thesharkwhisperer wrote:I'm in dire need of an extetnal hard drive for my PS4. The poor thing is completely filled up and I just learned Far Cry 5 requires 50GB at least holy shit.

Main reason why I don’t buy games for my PS4 anymore :/
Had a hard drive for that before they were supported and then used it for my Laptop so now I can’t use it for my PS4 without formatting it.

Haven’t even played since last year, well, actually was just watching movies. But the thing I hate the most about consoles nowadays (except the Switch) is that all games are Installed on the console but can’t be played without the disc? Like wtf why do I have to install it then?

And again this reminds me to continue with WatchDogs 2 which I never do xD
Asexual / Gyneromantic / Probably Trans or Genderfluid(?) / Loves Cuddling

"Of course I know what I'm doing." I said, knowing that I didn't.
thesharkwhisperer

Postby thesharkwhisperer » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:39 pm

Ghost_the_Crow wrote:
thesharkwhisperer wrote:I'm in dire need of an extetnal hard drive for my PS4. The poor thing is completely filled up and I just learned Far Cry 5 requires 50GB at least holy shit.

Had a hard drive for that before they were supported and then used it for my Laptop so now I can’t use it for my PS4 without formatting it.

Haven’t even played since last year, well, actually was just watching movies. But the thing I hate the most about consoles nowadays (except the Switch) is that all games are Installed on the console but can’t be played without the disc? Like wtf why do I have to install it then?

Up until now I have usually just been erasing old games to install new ones but the more it goes the more I find games I actually want to keep so now I am really fucked. I can still erase Mass Effect Andromeda and get another 50GB back but I think a hard drive will be easier. Like some sort of bulky ass memory card lol. I miss memory cards as well...
KnotyDes

Postby KnotyDes » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:05 pm

what u guys just said is why i ditched consoles and moved to PC. Sure building a good com is a bit pricier and you are still dealing with Microsoft. Man is life easier on a PC then on console. Better graphics, mods, endless games, browser, security and communication programs.

stop being console peasants and become one of the PC gamer master race!!!! :laugh: :laugh: WE HAVE COOKIES.
My collection
► Show Spoiler
Ghost_the_Crow

Postby Ghost_the_Crow » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:24 pm

thesharkwhisperer wrote:
Ghost_the_Crow wrote:

Up until now I have usually just been erasing old games to install new ones but the more it goes the more I find games I actually want to keep so now I am really fucked. I can still erase Mass Effect Andromeda and get another 50GB back but I think a hard drive will be easier. Like some sort of bulky ass memory card lol. I miss memory cards as well...

Yea that’s what I was doing too...

KnotyDes wrote:what u guys just said is why i ditched consoles and moved to PC. Sure building a good com is a bit pricier and you are still dealing with Microsoft. Man is life easier on a PC then on console. Better graphics, mods, endless games, browser, security and communication programs.

stop being console peasants and become one of the PC gamer master race!!!! :laugh: :laugh: WE HAVE COOKIES.

It depends on the game, some I just prefer on consoles and Nintendo for example won’t be playable on PC (exept for emulators...)
So yea, games that I can mod stay on PC (except fallout 4 which I fucked up and bought for PS4 at launch, but I plan on getting a GOTY version for PC someday), as well as games I play with other people because I don’t wanna pay for PS+ when I already bought a full priced game (will see how this goes with Nintendo but I usually play Singleplayer anyways...)

I could continue but... well actually I just don’t wanna :laugh:

thesharkwhisperer

Postby thesharkwhisperer » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:49 pm

KnotyDes wrote:what u guys just said is why i ditched consoles and moved to PC. Sure building a good com is a bit pricier and you are still dealing with Microsoft. Man is life easier on a PC then on console. Better graphics, mods, endless games, browser, security and communication programs.

I absolutely hate computers and they give it back to me so nah :laugh: I am like the guy from Jurassic Park, they just refuse to work when I am around. I just have one laptop for job hunting and that's it. Also a hard drive is definitely less expensive. When I see the 1000+€ computer my friend has crash randomly for months until they finally find that one guy who finds the problem I sure am glad I have consoles that have done their jobs for a good decade without problem and are still going strong :laugh:

I don't know I guess I am too addicted to the feel of a Playstation controller in my hands lol.
Niah

Postby Niah » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:57 am

Hoping my latest cooking endeavor will go okay. There's probably a bit too much in the crock pot despite the lid fitting on it properly, but it should cook down some since I'm letting it cook all day and it's been cooking an hour already. Took the advice of browning the meat and putting on top and putting the potatoes and such on the bottom. It should taste fine, I hope. Hacked away at my programming assignment, but I have to figure out a different loop to use, and I have to get it to keep track of the values I input and shit like that. I just have no drive to do any of this. It's stuff I *have* to do, not stuff I really *want* to do, and I'm sick of having to do stuff like that. I'd rather study Latin today or read some more of Herodotus' Histories or basically anything but work on that programming assignment or study or do calculus.

Edit: Praise fuck. My dad is seemingly fine with my withdrawing at the end of the semester. He said it's my life and that he figured all the math and science wouldn't be my "cup of tea" as he phrased it. And I'm actually reviewing some Latin and I might do some gaming in a bit or something.
31/Asexual/Genderfluid (biologically female).

See my profile for a list of the toys I own. Please do not solicit me about selling any of my toys.
KnotyDes

Postby KnotyDes » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:06 pm

thesharkwhisperer wrote:I absolutely hate computers and they give it back to me so nah :laugh: I am like the guy from Jurassic Park, they just refuse to work when I am around. I just have one laptop for job hunting and that's it. Also a hard drive is definitely less expensive. When I see the 1000+€ computer my friend has crash randomly for months until they finally find that one guy who finds the problem I sure am glad I have consoles that have done their jobs for a good decade without problem and are still going strong :laugh:

unless your console is first gen 360 or PS3, ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! but all the first gens are probably already dead by now so the point is moot. :laugh:

In gamer terms of PC maintenance: get gud. :laugh:

i am not a serious person. everything i say should be taken as a joke. :smile:
My collection
► Show Spoiler
thesharkwhisperer

Postby thesharkwhisperer » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:00 pm

KnotyDes wrote:unless your console is first gen 360 or PS3, ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! but all the first gens are probably already dead by now so the point is moot. :laugh:

Are they known for being faulty ? I can't remember when exactly I got my PS3 but I didn't have issues with it :mystery: I don't know about Xbox though. I am still glad I can finally put the PS3 away in the "exhibit" part of my room since the last game I still used it for got finally ported to the PS4 ( GG Ubisoft it only took 5 years lol ) because my TV looked like it was on damn life support with everything I had hooked to it.
CakeLurker

Postby CakeLurker » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:13 pm

thesharkwhisperer wrote:
KnotyDes wrote:unless your console is first gen 360 or PS3, ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! but all the first gens are probably already dead by now so the point is moot. :laugh:

Are they known for being faulty ? I can't remember when exactly I got my PS3 but I didn't have issues with it :mystery: I don't know about Xbox though. I am still glad I can finally put the PS3 away in the "exhibit" part of my room since the last game I still used it for got finally ported to the PS4 ( GG Ubisoft it only took 5 years lol ) because my TV looked like it was on damn life support with everything I had hooked to it.

I think he was referring to the "red ring of death" thing or something that happened with the Xbox 360. Not sure about PS3.
KnotyDes

Postby KnotyDes » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:18 pm

CakeLurker wrote:
thesharkwhisperer wrote:

I think he was referring to the "red ring of death" thing or something that happened with the Xbox 360. Not sure about PS3.

both systems had overheating issues in the first generation. PS3 was less common but still an issue
My collection
► Show Spoiler
Faffy the FauxFox

Postby Faffy the FauxFox » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:20 pm

i don't think i could get over my confusion and sex anxiety unless i can morph into someone else. while retaining half my mind. like when i am me but not me in dreams. and it's so sad i can't have it. my pouting about it makes me sound like I am 7 or something
__________________________________________________________________________________
underwear is a hug for your butt
Phelvia

Postby Phelvia » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:43 pm

Faffy the FauxFox wrote:i don't think i could get over my confusion and sex anxiety unless i can morph into someone else. while retaining half my mind. like when i am me but not me in dreams. and it's so sad i can't have it. my pouting about it makes me sound like I am 7 or something

Sounds like sexual frustration honestly. And nah, I've felt the same way before (like a pouty child) sometimes still do. You're valid in being pouty.

What confusion and anxiety by the way?
Faffy the FauxFox

Postby Faffy the FauxFox » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:00 pm

Phelvia wrote:
Faffy the FauxFox wrote:i don't think i could get over my confusion and sex anxiety unless i can morph into someone else. while retaining half my mind. like when i am me but not me in dreams. and it's so sad i can't have it. my pouting about it makes me sound like I am 7 or something

Sounds like sexual frustration honestly. And nah, I've felt the same way before (like a pouty child) sometimes still do. You're valid in being pouty.

What confusion and anxiety by the way?

the identidy of being sexual. and the thing, that borders on "cupiosexual" and ambivliant on it. for people, for attraction, for image. for desire. for image. scandlization identidy crisis.
__________________________________________________________________________________
underwear is a hug for your butt
Curiosa

Postby Curiosa » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:27 am

Me: *approaches friend* "Hey, can we talk about a show I like?"
Friend: "You're not gonna go into a rant about one of your fan theories again, are you?"
Me:
*a few minutes later*
Friend: "what do you mean this is your third viewing of the series?"
Me: "I'M GATHERING EVIDENCE"
You can't touch music- but music can touch you.

"Other than everything going completely wrong, it's all going according to plan!"

| 30 | Female | bisexual | married | crazy about rainbows and glitter | avid DIYer | loves knitting & cooking | fan of animation |
little-mythgital

Postby little-mythgital » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:51 am

Keep getting pain in my side as usual, does go away after a short while. I usually get it if I lean on that side for a while (usually happens on the computer), pull that particular muscle or sleep funny on it, a few other reasons too.
It does go away, it just panics me, makes me think somethings wrong every time. I think it's also known that my ribcage sticks more further in compared to the other side. Sitting here correcting my position so it doesn't dig in.

Waiting on a bird mold to come in the mail, going to make some chocolate birds :liplick: Also making some banana and walnut muffins later on, if it ever happens. Got miniatures to paint at the moment and I'm slow at it.
Ghost_the_Crow

Postby Ghost_the_Crow » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:36 am

little-mythgital wrote:Waiting on a bird mold to come in the mail, going to make some chocolate birds :liplick: Also making some banana and walnut muffins later on, if it ever happens. Got miniatures to paint at the moment and I'm slow at it.

How fitting, it’s National Muffin Day in America ^^

Slaanesh

Postby Slaanesh » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:36 pm

Finally managed to sort out my Discord account! It's so much more fiddly on mobile :widesmile:
Curiosa

Postby Curiosa » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:17 am

New sewing project, I'mSoExcited! Its a gift, this thingymadoop specifically:
https://sewmodernbags.com/cosmetics-bag-with-brush-roll-video/#_a5y_p=5627245
I kinda want to make a version for myself that will hold all my crochet hooks & double pointed needles. It'll certainly be more organized than my current setup. But first, gift craft. The recipient loves dogs so I'm making it out of paw print fabric and cute dog prints. I had my mom pick out the latter since they have similar tastes. Super pumped to get started! :misc2: :smilenox:
You can't touch music- but music can touch you.

"Other than everything going completely wrong, it's all going according to plan!"

| 30 | Female | bisexual | married | crazy about rainbows and glitter | avid DIYer | loves knitting & cooking | fan of animation |
wolfstardobe

Postby wolfstardobe » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:35 pm

Stress levels are down. Finally able to actually concentrate on my graduate studies.
Female Taken Heteroflexible Hobby Dog Trainer

Return to “General Off Topic”