Page 1399 of 1399

Re: What's on your mind?

Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:44 pm
by Oberic
little-mythgital wrote:Well at least one positive is that I won a few categories in the Armies on Parade event but it kind of made me depressed about drawing, I can somehow perform better with painting miniatures even though I've been drawing for many years.
Hopefully I can gather the funds together from selling and just treat myself silly with some miniatures for the winter holidays, hopefully the Skaven boxset and the Tyranid Apocalypse boxset my local store still has.


I used to paint miniatures, but I never got to start with unpainted ones like you warhammer guys do.

I had Mageknight (the version that died in 2005 or 2006?) and had to use acetone to strip the thick goopy paint off of them, then repaint them. Under the thick gross paint they had very good models, but the paint added tons of bulk (and they often had derpy eyes thanks to the hand-painted-at-a-factory aspect).
It was hard to get a good mix for skin colors when I needed it, knowing nothing about color mixing at the time.
Turns out you have to add a tiny bit of red.

Anyway, keep at it. Life is rough sometimes. Try to live without regret or debt.

Re: What's on your mind?

Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:29 am
by little-mythgital
Thank you, Oberic. Luckily they didn't take the deposit payment out, but that scamming company hasn't refunded me, even though they said they will. A fight just for that £3 that they can only give me.
I'm just very tired at the moment but slowly dragging along, a mix of the cold season and everything else just dragging me down.

Now for some funny moments yet stressful ones, I'm getting worse and worse for trying to keep the secret about my dildo collection. My mum keeps trying to tidy my bedroom even though I am slowly doing it when I get the strength, she keeps asking about the cardboard box on the floor, which is where my Bruce and another is. I keep saying to leave it, this is when my mum goes 'is it something I need to hide or not know about?'. I'm just staying silent.
I have no space in the box at the moment, I might have to start storing some in one of the draws. If my mum saw Bruce...
Knowing my mum I bet she would be expecting a normal dildo of sorts, that cheap sort. Seeing a shark-inspired one would probably freak her out.
Yeah, kind of hiding under the blanket of shame. I'm not into relationships, not into sex with real people, I just want me and the dildos :laugh:

Re: What's on your mind?

Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:52 am
by Ghost_the_Crow
little-mythgital wrote:Now for some funny moments yet stressful ones, I'm getting worse and worse for trying to keep the secret about my dildo collection. My mum keeps trying to tidy my bedroom even though I am slowly doing it when I get the strength, she keeps asking about the cardboard box on the floor, which is where my Bruce and another is. I keep saying to leave it, this is when my mum goes 'is it something I need to hide or not know about?'. I'm just staying silent.
I have no space in the box at the moment, I might have to start storing some in one of the draws. If my mum saw Bruce...
Knowing my mum I bet she would be expecting a normal dildo of sorts, that cheap sort. Seeing a shark-inspired one would probably freak her out.
Yeah, kind of hiding under the blanket of shame. I'm not into relationships, not into sex with real people, I just want me and the dildos :laugh:


Heh, I can feel you there. It was komda funny when I got my first BD Toys and my mum asked what I‘ve ordered so I showed her my Med. Chance.
She didn’t know that it was a horsecock though.

Re: What's on your mind?

Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:56 am
by little-mythgital
Ghost_the_Crow wrote:
little-mythgital wrote: :words:


Heh, I can feel you there. It was komda funny when I got my first BD Toys and my mum asked what I‘ve ordered so I showed her my Med. Chance.
She didn’t know that it was a horsecock though.


Haha yeah, I think I would be more concerned about my mum finding my large Echo, large meaty boy :laugh: But I think I would hide the ones like Chance and Rex though. I find my Chance packer great for warm-ups.


Now I have a question I keep asking myself at the moment, I have been waiting over a year (since March last year) for some sketches/ sketched comic page I ordered from an artist, at one point last year something happened and I was like 'Okay, I can wait'. Fast forward to now and I still haven't got anything, not even a WIP. I think what peeved me off was that they took on a bunch of YCH's and hiring slots (hire the artist for a month etc) they did a bunch of the YCH's and I was just confused. Had a conversation with a good artist that I always commission and we both agreed that YCH's are easier to do but she said it's not the excuse to leave me and others behind for so long and in the dark.
Now the artist is gone on another hiatus (they keep taking holidays and hiatuses at the moment) leaving the last few YCH's and the people that hired them. They say they are stressed and depressed.
This where I am at a lost, is there something I am missing, when I got a reply from them months back they said they were trying to get their art game back, even though they sitting there doing personal art and gift art for their friend.
Am I the bad person expecting art when they are apparently depressed? Or should they try more to keep people updated rather than just say 'it's being worked on'?
I don't know anymore.

Edit* I will try to post some positive stuff soon, just wanted to get this off my chest.

Re: What's on your mind?

Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:17 am
by Dracon Ra
I am still dying my hair in fun colors. Last year, I just cut it to about an inch, to get rid of all the damaged hair which didn't hold the colors. Worked as planned, the colors turn out great and last long.

20190810_215132.jpg


After heaving green hair for a few month, I went Galaxy inspired two weeks ago.
The trick to keep the colors bright and not bleeding into each other is... wash with really cold water (and not to often, but with the cold water stuff, one isn't really tempted to anyway.)
Which means, it will look this way until I feel the urge to just soak in the hot shower.

20200206_152354_resized.jpg


20200206_152241_resized.jpg

Re: What's on your mind?

Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:29 pm
by Ghost_the_Crow
Dracon Ra wrote:I am still dying my hair in fun colors. Last year, I just cut it to about an inch, to get rid of all the damaged hair which didn't hold the colors. Worked as planned, the colors turn out great and last long.

20190810_215132.jpg


After heaving green hair for a few month, I went Galaxy inspired two weeks ago.
The trick to keep the colors bright and not bleeding into each other is... wash with really cold water (and not to often, but with the cold water stuff, one isn't really tempted to anyway.)
Which means, it will look this way until I feel the urge to just soak in the hot shower.

20200206_152354_resized.jpg


20200206_152241_resized.jpg


Reminds me of Earth-Chan ^^

Re: What's on your mind?

Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:28 am
by AtomtheInsane
So I’ve been on a real DnD kick lately bought some custom miniatures for me and my wife’s characters that are in as friends game I also ordered some other miniatures for the future and I’m gonna attempt to paint them :excited:
It’s gonna be new to me and I’m worried I might not do well but I’ve been watching videos and reading articles and all that fun stuff

But I got a zombie dragon figure a “necromancer” and a bunch of skeletons but I’m thinking the dragon is gonna end up being a Dracolich necromancer who is able to polymorph into a humanoid and that’s gonna be the big bad of my future plans

Re: What's on your mind?

Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:43 am
by Blue Sapphire
I´m just wondering, what is it that the new BD-"DONG"-Stickers are the teaser for... :nerdy:

My personal guess is that it might have something to do with the soon to be released doom game. But we´ll see.

Re: What's on your mind?

Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:31 pm
by Shardik
Hello everyone! It's been a long time. How's the silicone hangin'?

Re: What's on your mind?

Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:30 pm
by KnotyDes
Shardik wrote: How's the silicone hangin'?

the silicone has been hanging very well off my fucking machine :laugh: :laugh:

Re: What's on your mind?

Posted: Wed May 13, 2020 1:09 pm
by AtomtheInsane
hope everyone has been doing well during these crazy times

Been off and on at work but in my free time I’ve been painting miniatures for dnd because I found it to be relaxing and fun :laugh:

But figured what the hey I’ll post some pictures of what I’ve done so far the dragon is currently not finished but really close :excited:

► Show Spoiler

Re: What's on your mind?

Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:04 am
by DelilahdaDirtyDork
So it's been forever since I was last on here MY GOSH what happened to all the different topics? it's like Thanos came in and did the Snap! :bugeyed:

Re: What's on your mind?

Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:22 am
by Noll
DelilahdaDirtyDork wrote:So it's been forever since I was last on here MY GOSH what happened to all the different topics? it's like Thanos came in and did the Snap! :bugeyed:

Yeah I checked the forums today after a few months and it was very disheartening to come back to a ghostly forum that seems like it has been scavenged on top of that. :crying:

Re: What's on your mind?

Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:37 am
by Faffy the FauxFox
trying to figure out how I'm messing up trying to log onto dragon-horad to sell stuff. I forgot my PW and the captacha is wrong. I'm sure I'm putting the right answer down ...