The Anthro Mare (The "maregasm"?)

The Anthro Mare (The "maregasm"?)

Postby Shaminar » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:13 pm

Yeee HA! Ride-em horsey!

So, any one else buy this toy?

The colour I chose was the normal "Silky black"

Also, just for kicks, here is some music to celebrate the latest release from bad-dragon.

Last edited by Shaminar on Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shaminar

Re: The Anthro Mare

Postby Taydus » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:16 pm

I'll be honest, the toy looks rather ugly. I'm not the biggest fan of mares, but even as a mare toy it's a little, well, not quite right.

Could be a much better toy.
Taydus

Location: In a spaceship, coming to a country near you. (Currently New Zealand)

Re: The Anthro Mare (The "maregasm"?)

Postby Nemekh » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:33 pm

What about it would you improve with its visual aesthetics to make it better?

It's one thing to say it could be a better toy, but it's a little unfair to not say what you feel would back that statement ;)
Nemekh

Postby Taydus » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:22 pm

Nemekh wrote:What about it would you improve with its visual aesthetics to make it better?

It's one thing to say it could be a better toy, but it's a little unfair to not say what you feel would back that statement ;)

I'll be honest, I can't be sure. It just doesn't seem right. Hard to put my finger on it.
Taydus

Location: In a spaceship, coming to a country near you. (Currently New Zealand)

Postby Mili » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:27 pm

Bigger lips, and a bigger clit, seems pretty good to me? The only way I would enjoy it more is if you could somehow add the tailhole into it somehow.
Mili

Postby Jirekianu » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:27 am

I'm also of the feeling that the toy is a little ugly. My complaints specifically are that the outer labia don't look like they are puffy/protruding enough to match the inner labia. The inner labia seem too thick. It's like someone took modeling clay/playdough and rolled a cylinder. Then folded it into a u shape and pressed it on then spent just a little time adding a hint of texture and called it done.

To clarify for the outer labia, they seem too recessed compared to the inner labia. They're not quite puffy enough to match the 'meaty' look of the inner labia. The clit itself seems alright, but the hood and how it flows into the inner labia just seems to fit that single piece kind of hastily shaped complaint I made above.
Jirekianu

Postby Sukita » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:37 am

Jirekianu wrote:I'm also of the feeling that the toy is a little ugly.

I've been seeing a lot of comments like this and... well... the anthro mare looks to me like a horse vagina with a large clitoris. They're just not that pretty.

http://www.smallesthorse.com/resources/ ... -20-01.jpg
http://www.horsejunction.co.za/embedded ... /97606.JPG

That's not my thing at all, so I don't find it attractive, but you know, if you want something that looks like a horse's vagina, you can now buy it.
Sukita

Postby Jirekianu » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:43 am

Sukita wrote:
I've been seeing a lot of comments like this and... well... the anthro mare looks to me like a horse vagina with a large clitoris. They're just not that pretty.

http://www.smallesthorse.com/resources/ ... -20-01.jpg
http://www.horsejunction.co.za/embedded ... /97606.JPG

That's not my thing at all, so I don't find it attractive, but you know, if you want something that looks like a horse's vagina, you can now buy it.

I know what a mare vagina looks like and I admit I do like the look. My issue is that it doesn't quite look like a mare's vagina. While at the same time the inner labia doesn't look detailed enough or properly proportioned to be a human's labia either. If they were going for a more equine/mare look to it, why not have understated inner labia and puckered outer labia? Or have the clit located at the bottom and a little bigger? That's kind of the other half of my complaint is that it looks more like a slightly deformed human vagina than it does a mare/human hybrid. Where as the dragoness looks fantastic. I was happy to note that the inner texture is unique.
Jirekianu

Re: The Anthro Mare

Postby Chiron » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:47 am

Taydus wrote:I'll be honest, the toy looks rather ugly. I'm not the biggest fan of mares, but even as a mare toy it's a little, well, not quite right.

Could be a much better toy.

I have to agree. The first thing I thought, after excitedly reading the announcement e-mail, heading straight for the order page, and looking at the pictures of it, was "uhh, hold on a second, this isn't quite what I was expecting".

Ultimately, what I was expecting was something akin to the average of every render made and posted in the Ideas section (in the three threads they were posted in):

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7100&p=352986&hilit=Mare#p259980
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=728&start=80#p60764
and viewtopic.php?f=4&t=264&hilit=Maregasm (although the images in this last thread don't seem to be there anymore.)

In addition, there was this picture floating around the internet of a prototype or one-off that was rumored to have come from BD...

1256111773.runebleuroan_015.jpg

...which comes extremely close to depicting what I wanted and was expecting to get out of this toy. Somewhere along the line, it seems, some significant changes were made.

The funny thing is that if the clit were moved to what is now the dorsal side and made significantly meatier, it would probably look pretty good, and I would barely have anything to critique here, aesthetically (regardless of the fact that the toy is in a permanent "winking" state, which irks me a little, but which I guess is just a matter of personal preference). It may just be that simple. As it is, though, it looks somewhat awkward and ugly to me.

I figure, at this point, that the design we're seeing is the result of an internal debate regarding realism versus "anthro-ness," which, from a business perspective, is a perfectly reasonable debate to have (don't get me wrong). In addition, I'm sure there are elements of appearance that have to take a hit in order to increase functionality; a happy medium between those has to be worked out, as well. Nevertheless, it almost feels like they tried too hard to find a perfect in-between, resulting in something that kind of falls short of being what it could be.

Despite my disappointment with the way the Anthro Mare turned out appearance-wise, I realized that the design is probably set in stone at this point, and that the chance of any updates or re-designs happening is probably slim. BD is the first and only company to have ever made something like this, as far as I know. I figured I might as well just roll with my initial feelings of excitement, deal with it, and buy one. So I did. I got mine in natural black.

It'll be interesting to see how good it is in use once it arrives.
Chiron

Postby Jirekianu » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:53 am

Oh wow, that initial render looks great compared to the current release. I don't know if it was perhaps an issue with molding the toy. Or some other mechanical complication we're unaware of, but it's disappointing to see what could have been compared to what is. Even the rumored/hearsay pic of a prototype you showed looks nice. Though that first link's render I think does a better job of blending human and mare compared to the direct pictured image.

As you said, it's unlikely there will be a redesign, or any kind of revision. Which is why my disappointment is a bit stronger. Here's hoping if they do an anal masturbator toy that it comes out fantastic. I'll be honest, unless there were severe mechanical complications... I think mistake were made in the design of the anthro mare as it has currently been released. I hope that they're learned from in the future.
Jirekianu

Postby Volvie » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:57 am

Has anyone actually received their Mare yet? >.> I wonder how it is compared to the dragoness... i am...curious and may perhaps instead of buying Desi im combination of the Werewolf will buy a clit to yiff instead :3 :oops:
Volvie

Postby Chiron » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:27 pm

Volvie wrote:Has anyone actually received their Mare yet? >.> I wonder how it is compared to the dragoness... i am...curious and may perhaps instead of buying Desi im combination of the Werewolf will buy a clit to yiff instead :3 :oops:

As far as I can tell, no. I ordered mine less than an hour after the announcement newsletter went out and it just went into the MQ today. I highly doubt anybody's gotten one yet.
Chiron

Postby dragonrock1 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:30 pm

Yeah, I also ordered mine an hour after it came out and it's in the MQ as of about 2 hours ago. But I'd love to post videos the day I get it assuming I'm home alone. =P
dragonrock1

Postby Rithskxrr » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:58 pm

On the humorous side: If anyone does purchase a tan coloured Mare toy, they can be assured that keeping it in an appropriately sized Slurpee cup, complete with straw, will yield them no questions. ... Just don't let anyone try to drink from it.

On a serious note: Glad to see a shot of the internal texture. Looks rather nice. :)
Rithskxrr

Postby Antanarri » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:48 pm

Nemekh Wrote:

Life isn't fair. You can't ask every person to explain their tastes. Tastes are just that, and they very from person to person.
Antanarri

Postby Nemekh » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:29 pm

Being a little blunt - this isn't philosophy where the more vague intricacies of life are being pondered upon. This is about making quality naughty toys ;) and while true tastes are varied and thus differ, there are always useful correlations that can be gleaned upon for future reference when it comes to upcoming designs.

Constructive feedback can be cultured, sometimes a little nudge is needed to get the ball rolling! If they don't know why, they can just say, but as a result of the prompt some people have been pointing out what 'feels off' :)
Nemekh

Postby Khthonya » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:04 am

I really love the look of this toy, and I can't even use it! The only off thing I see, is it seems to be posed in the pictures upside down. Horses have their clitoris at the base of the vulva, and the urethra at the top. Which you even see if you compare the toy pics and the picture of Mary (note the pink clitoris' location). However, that is a truly minor nitpick, and has nothing to do with the actual sculpting of the toy. *shrug* :words:
Khthonya

Postby RomanHyena » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:19 am

To be honest I am actually astounded that there has been negative feedback on this toy. the moment i saw this i have been wanting to buy it, and it looks fantastic. in my opinion the anthro dragoness isnt even remotely sexy but seeing this one made me wet. to those who prefer the prototype shown above, i just cant understand why you think its better done- that one just looks like a lump of clay with a slit in it, and the bulges look more accidental than designed. too many people are complaining about the toy NOT being realistic enough, yet in other threads people express outrage and disgust when realistic animal toys are suggested. just remember to keep this in mind when Bad Dragon reads those posts and decides to make something that isnt `offensive` to people.
RomanHyena

Postby radarnocturn » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:11 am

I have to agree with some of the posters here. I like the look of the toy while the realistic versions freak me out a bit.

Only thing that has popped into my head is concerning some of the multitudes of colors. Firstly, I had trouble knowing what the differences in the shades of pink til someone beat me to the punch and posted a thread here (THANK YOU!), but I'm still wondering what really is the difference between the two shades of black. Makes me think Bad Dragon should have a page up of images of samples so you can look at and compare the different colors. To know how dark or light a certain color may be and thus not be surprised when it comes in the mail

The second thing that popped into my head with the thought of some of the colors (like the new third shade of pink) used on the Anthro Mare is that it'd probably be appealing to the My Little Pony lovers, hehe.
radarnocturn

Postby Jirekianu » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:10 am

beemo wrote:
HG, THNAK YOU. Exactly what I wanted to say!
The thing is, guys, it is the ANTHRO mare. It is SUPPOSED to be a human/horse hybrid. It's not going to look exactly like a mare. It's going to look more HUMAN.
Gosh, I can't say anything that HG didn't say that I don't agree with.

Yes it is an anthro mare. Tell me, what about the toy, if you weren't told it was an anthro mare, looks like it came from a mare to you?

I'm not saying it has to be super realistic. Or be essentially a shrunken version of a mare's vagina. I just think the work put into the current version is a little sloppy is all. If you're going for a more human look giving super thick inner labia is not very "mare" in appearance. As mare's don't have inner labia. It's also not human looking.

That's generally my complaint. It doesn't seem to be that well done of a hybrid first of all. Second of all the detailing looks a little quickly done. Proportions don't see quite right and I don't mean the big/revealed clit, that's a-okay to me.
Jirekianu

Next

Return to General Discussion Archive