Introducing... Bad Dragon Labs!

Hop in the history machine, and visit where news goes when it's no longer... well, new! Here you can find past sales, old website updates, and discontinued product information.
Insane_Drako

Re: Introducing... Bad Dragon Labs!

Postby Insane_Drako » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:30 pm

I'm sad to hear that =( *Huggles* It's for you ladies' sake that I support it as well- BD should cater to everyone's needs, especially since it appears to be quite a significant demographic.

I also still remember how the cockatrice's medium size has stirred up a debate to have an "in-between size", and I agree. The medium is still hefty, and the small (for people like me who like mediums, but maybe not always want to feel SUPER filled) was too small.

Maybe, one day, everything will be perfect! ;)
I didn't fall into insanity - I took a dive!
Ordered!
Cock Sheath - Large (changing to small) - Charcoal Grey
Own! :
Medium David / 5 / suction cup - Dark Natural - αlphα
Medium Gryphon / 5 / no suction - Custom fade - Skɣe
Reviewed! viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11731
Medium / 5 / Cockatrice - Custom split + fade + suction cup - Ϙuill
Small / 5 / NEW fusion - Custom split + fade - Ωɱega
Varka
Bad Dragon CEO

Postby Varka » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:27 pm

Hey folks,

We're going to be putting BD Labs temporarily on hold as we've lost the person who was primarily responsible for sculpting and managing the programme. Please see AthusNadorian.com for more information on what happened.

There are still a lot of toys with 3D models that'd be eligible for BD Labs, and it's likely we're going to try and focus on these initially for BD Labs until we have a 3D sculptor again.

Given the recent changes, we're kind of at a standstill on this - not least of all because we've lost a lot of experience in good toy design principles with Athus's passing. We will still be pursing BD Labs, but it'll be delayed by a few months due to the fact we're down one person, and will initially require a design to have a viable 3D model in order to get made (again, until we get a 3D sculptor on staff).

I'm really sorry that we've had to do this, and I wish I could be posting this news in better circumstances, but unfortunately there's not a lot any of us can do.

I will still be working to get a design submission form up promptly, and on building all the voting infrastructure and so on for exhibiting the designs. As mentioned above, this will probably be delayed by several weeks due to the fact we've all had to drop what we're doing, but I'm moving to the US in a few months and will be focusing full time on BD which should help significantly.

Thanks everyone for your understanding in this difficult time.

Varka
Varka - Bad Dragon CEO

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard." - John F Kennedy
Shandrel

Postby Shandrel » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:30 pm

I am sure.. we can all understand and be patient, givent eh circumstances.. thank you for keepign us updated.
Used to be: Patron Saint of Orphaned and Unwanted Dildo's
I stole a Mousie... and i like it..4/27/12
Bad Dragon checklist No longer updated.
Jos's art
bladejtr

Postby bladejtr » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:31 pm

We understand Varka.
*hugs*
current wishlist:
Considering an XL Gryphon

:glomp: :glomp: :glomp:
I dunno about the rest of you, but this smiley is not a glomp imo.
It is surprise buttsex.
The best kind of buttsex.
Kith

Postby Kith » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:55 pm

Understandable. I'm just hoping that the 3D model for the Kirin is considered viable, and that the company still has the file(s). :tinfoil:
"I have often wondered since that day if I am the only veterinary surgeon to have used an artificial vagina as a defensive weapon" -- James Herriot, The Lord God Made Them All

Demisexual with BDSM kinks
Foxfire

Postby Foxfire » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:03 am

Kith wrote:Understandable. I'm just hoping that the 3D model for the Kirin is considered viable, and that the company still has the file(s). :tinfoil:

Same, though it was Athus that did mine. No problem with waiting in such circumstances.
Kith

Postby Kith » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:44 am

Foxfire wrote:Same, though it was Athus that did mine. No problem with waiting in such circumstances.

Nope, you should be all good when the time comes, and I think Athus did models for a few more... But others were submitted by other people, and I'm definitely concerned about them.
"I have often wondered since that day if I am the only veterinary surgeon to have used an artificial vagina as a defensive weapon" -- James Herriot, The Lord God Made Them All

Foxfire

Postby Foxfire » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:24 am

Kith wrote:Nope, you should be all good when the time comes, and I think Athus did models for a few more... But others were submitted by other people, and I'm definitely concerned about them.

Wasn't there mention of something happening a while back that caused them to lose a bunch of the 3D files? I'm quite possibly misremembering though.
Kith

Postby Kith » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:52 pm

Foxfire wrote:Wasn't there mention of something happening a while back that caused them to lose a bunch of the 3D files? I'm quite possibly misremembering though.

I'm not really sure, that's why I'm vaguely concerned. I know files have been lost before, but all the ones I actually remember being lost have come from non-BD modelers.

Varka
Bad Dragon CEO

Postby Varka » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:46 am

Foxfire wrote:Wasn't there mention of something happening a while back that caused them to lose a bunch of the 3D files? I'm quite possibly misremembering though.

I believe we have all the models that we've sculpted in-house on our workshop fileserver. There's a ton of them; we'll be going through them nearer the time.

Varka
Varka - Bad Dragon CEO

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard." - John F Kennedy
Metal_Missa

Postby Metal_Missa » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:16 pm

Can we get a list of what's in development? Please and thank you<3
D: Your stupidity surprises the Guitar God Skwisgaar Skwigelf D:
Order # 32723My first sex toy eveeeerr!<3 Small Sea dragon-Dark Natural with suction cup :3
dragonkitty

Postby dragonkitty » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:24 pm

This forum sticky has a lot of the the forum discussed toys and tons of them have 3d models for viewing. I wouldn't be surprised if a number of them or all of them are in the batch of files Varka was talking about. But obviously don't quote me. Just trying to point ya in a helpful direction.
ImageImageImageImage
Med 5 Candy Corn Naga and Pearly Black Small 5 David
My soul's mate can be found in Fuyutsuki but I'm sure you can sweet talk me into a romp in the hay....... ~_^
Candee

Postby Candee » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:45 pm

Oh I'm so excited about this!!!
Image<= Click each other these please!!!
Ladyzilla

Postby Ladyzilla » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:46 pm

I have a question about the BD Labs "penises only" policy. Does that simply mean no sleeve-esque toys will be allowed, only phallic ones, or that it specifically needs to be a penis? Many of us are super excited about the potential for getting the Mistress Whiptail up-and-running, but is it not an option to submit it?
Avatar by Tundara. Shout-out to empyreal.
Shameless advertisement for the Royal Dragon, Night Drake, and Eramos!
Owned toys list
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
bladejtr

Postby bladejtr » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:57 pm

Question was asked, Varka said: penis.
current wishlist:
Considering an XL Gryphon

:glomp: :glomp: :glomp:
I dunno about the rest of you, but this smiley is not a glomp imo.
It is surprise buttsex.
The best kind of buttsex.
Ladyzilla

Postby Ladyzilla » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:59 pm

bladejtr wrote:Question was asked, Varka said: penis.

Well, that wasn't the answer I wanted, but thanks for letting me know. Must have missed that while reading through the prior comments. :cry:
Avatar by Tundara. Shout-out to empyreal.
Shameless advertisement for the Royal Dragon, Night Drake, and Eramos!
Owned toys list
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Old News”