Bad Dragon's New Website!

Hop in the history machine, and visit where news goes when it's no longer... well, new! Here you can find past sales, old website updates, and discontinued product information.
Nemekh

Bad Dragon's New Website!

Postby Nemekh » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:27 pm

Reposting what is on our news blog...

It's been two and a half years in the making, but it's finally here! Bad Dragon's new website!

now at least five times as sexy as it used to be (and at least 90% less flaky), our new site not only makes it a pleasure to browse through our product catalog and buy things, but it makes it easier to keep track of your order - and to see

Here's some of the highlights of things it has right now:
- Sexy scrolling images on the homepage!
- Fully integrated affiliate programme
- A really awesome 'Where's my stuff?' page, with progress bars for toy manufacture queues!
- Live color picker and customizer; choose custom colors, and see what they look like, right on the website!
- A full media kit, featuring all our artwork, hi-res logos and so on for press and fun!

Here's some of the awesome things which we've built in, but haven't activated yet:
- Full support for non-english languages (German, French, Spanish, Japanese and Dutch!)
- Full support for non-US currencies (Euros, British Pounds, Canadian Dollars, Japanese Yen!)

Here's some of the things that we're going to be doing soon:
- Review submission, and automatic discount payouts!
- Toy size comparer, with references!
- Toy manufacture time estimates, before you order!

Right now, we're working on getting the last few details polished up and sorted on the site; if you see anything amiss please give feedback so we can make sure we get everything.

Thanks!
Throssen

Re: Bad Dragon's New Website!

Postby Throssen » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:29 pm

I saw achievements. I also saw it revert back to the old site temporarily. I picked a fine time to go see the website.
popo

Postby popo » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:52 pm

i still think you should include a marble base and single shaft
Nemekh

Postby Nemekh » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:56 pm

popo wrote:i still think you should include a marble base and single shaft

Fortunately with the way we revised colour groupings on the new site vs the old, it would be np to add some to the site and toys if we do decide to make those as standards. Such things would need discussing and confirming as with any new colours, so there's no guarantee there.

Maybe make a thread on it in the Ideas section and ask whether people would like that option available in the standard offerings =)
Ajatashatru

Postby Ajatashatru » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:31 pm

I somehow can't find an explicit way of logging out ... the "not you?" link does the trick, but it IS me ... I just want to log out :)
Ajatashatru - Better to live one year as a tiger than a hundred as a sheep
Wolfie Spectre

Postby Wolfie Spectre » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:34 pm

I have a question about orders made, i cant find any information on my order that i placed only 3 days ago, is my order still going and safe?

Sorry just a little worried : :?
Citius, Altius, Fortius!

I am Bisexual and deeply in love with my Arctic Fennec mate Nova <3 He is legendary ^^

Own:
Large David the werewolf / 5 / Suction Cup / Cum-Tube - Arctic Ice (Named Nova X3)
Natascha the Anthro Husky / Collectors Edition Colour (Stone Brown with Metallic Silver highlights)

Ordered:

Wishlist:
Bruiser the fusion Large or XL / 5 or 8 / Suction Cup / Crimson Drake
Winston's Tail Large but edging more to XL / 8 / Colour Undecided
Lady-Ryn

Postby Lady-Ryn » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:35 pm

-slobbers over new website- is it awesome. Of course. I love all the new features!
Loving the toys in stock page.
Now excuse me while I go stare some more :l
Still here, still lesbian, sorry about that.

White Dragon is my homeland wise friend in another country <3
3lli0t_r

Postby 3lli0t_r » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:44 pm

I saw razor with an option for 'suction cup' and I got excited, now it's no longer there :(
So still no suction cup for him? D:
Nemekh

Postby Nemekh » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:45 pm

3lli0t_r wrote:I saw razor with an option for 'suction cup' and I got excited, now it's no longer there :(
So still no suction cup for him? D:

That hasn't changed.
Jaylee

Postby Jaylee » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:45 pm

it says i have no orders affiliated with my account, how will i be able to see what stage my order is in?
LOVE DEM DRAGON BALLS!
Skip

Postby Skip » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:48 pm

Positive
  • Step by Step ordering process
  • Colorpicker
  • Animated front page that looks more appealing than the old one.
  • Fix user accounts with logins
  • Achievements
  • More conventional features of an online store making things a little easier to handle

Not as positive as I hoped

• Still no option to have the size displayed in other measures (aka centimeters! Out of all my complaints this woud be the worst. The rest is just design stuff)
  • Some names and sections are confusing (Toys in stock could confuse new customers making them think you have nothing in stock and they cannot order, and the news site doesn't even seem to have a button that leads back to the main page for example. It has however a very small button right below the banner that doesn't seem to do anything.)
  • No more tickets/customization options beyond the web interface? (what if I have something in mind that is a bit out of the ordinary? :cry: )
  • Colors displayed in the web interface look completely different because of the vague shape and contrast to the darker background (a custom fade I actually like very much looks completely different in the web interface and I don't know if you just look at the hex code of the colors or the preview picture the way I see it including the effect I mentioned when you make the toys...)
  • Inconsistent Layout (The News section looks completely different from the main site which looks different from the forum...)
  • No Consistent Grid
  • Toys in the shop sorted by no recognizable pattern when all options are enabled (That's nitpicky I know but why not sort them by name, or release date, or features/functions like knots or "stretch trainer"? And why is the anthro dragoness displayed first now? Did she get a redesign with he knowledge gained from the R&D of the other 2 females? --> Confusion)
  • The scales in the background don't fit the cleaner layout of the actual page
  • Many smaller things (like the lack of a proper logout, general typography issues, the size of navigation on the front page not being the same as the images next to it, etc. Cutting off might work if you went for a golden ratio, but the way it is now it looks more like someone didn't pay attention --> unprofessional)

Yes, I know I am horrible and nitpicky. I'm sorry, I study stuff like this. :psyduck:

Edit: Oh and it seems like the chat isn't working...
Last edited by Skip on Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cammii

Postby Cammii » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:55 pm

Great:
Shop by price
The front main page looks awesome
The BD page finally has a little icon for when you're web browsing near the link and page tab

Not great:
Toys in stock is misleading

I don't like how the toy colors are displayed. It looks awkward, was there no way to make it like a photoshop layer deal where you can see the toy details with the color layer overlayed on a grey scale toy layer?

And the color styles like "forest brush" have 3 colors, and the new site only shows it as two, lists it as a split and is 15$. Did those change? Or just incorrectly labeled/show?

Annnnd any idea when review discounts will be back? Or when that do it yourself function will be up? I have 20$ in review credit waiting to be turned in and I'd like it for holiday sales.

And can we use more than one discount finally?
Mated to Gaifuu <3
3lli0t_r

Postby 3lli0t_r » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:59 pm

That hasn't changed.

Yeah that's what I thought...
But otherwise, the site looks absolutely amazing :)
Job well done!
Skip

Postby Skip » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:17 pm

3lli0t_r wrote:
That hasn't changed.

Yeah that's what I thought...
But otherwise, the site looks absolutely amazing :)
Job well done!

Ngh... I know I am making an enemy out of every single BD-employee now, but no, it isn't "amazing".
Better than the old one? Sure. Amazing? No.

And because I don't always make enemies, but when I do I make multiple ones at once:
What is "Form > Function" supposed to mean exactly? The form of an object is more iportant than what you use it for? That doesn't make any sense at all. That's the same as saying "Bad Dragon should make completely unusable toys that just look nice"
The only occasion I could imagine this being applicable would be when you are making some kind of artistic object that is supposed to make people think about something by not fitting anything.
Last edited by Skip on Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZiegKyu

Postby ZiegKyu » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:19 pm

The new site looks good and it looks like any bugs or things not being in the right place is getting cleared up. I will agree with everyone else that "Toys in Stock" is misleading and potentially horribly confusing at first look, especially to someone unfamiliar. Renaming that might be a good idea. Perhaps call it "pre-made toys" or something of that nature? I don't know, I'll let you guys mull it over.

I'm also a bit disappointed with the color section on the toys. I mean it is a step in the right direction and kinda nice to have at least some idea, but those colors don't look very realistic. As in I have a feeling the toys won't be those colors, but either dark or lighter or just slightly different, not by a whole lot, but by enough that the colors displayed aren't accurate and only the most basic of guidelines. It just feels disconnected. That is the best way I can put it.

Otherwise I love the new site and I can't wait until the ordering process is back up and we can add things to carts again. Please don't tease us! lol.
Toys Owned:
Mare, Dragoness, 2 small Tentacles, small Chance, medium Tentacle, and Husky
TwinArmageddons

Postby TwinArmageddons » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:27 pm

I'm anxious posting this here because I don't want it to get overlooked by the Dragons, at all. I'm not going to be placing orders til these are answered, to be honest. Pretty sure if it does get overlooked, I'll post it up in a new thread on the BD website place, but let's have a go at it here since they seem to be paying attention :3

----

Where is the fade option on the tentacle? Where is the option to give the suckers a different color stripe, like on Winston? I've seen BOTH done, and I know they're possible.

Where is the fade option on the Duke? The Anthro Dragon? The Varka? They need this option. I've seen it done frequently, so why isn't it there?

Also, what if you want a fade or marble with more than 2 colors? The interface is user-friendly, but not enough. There needs to be more options. Where a person wants a fade to start, what order they want the colors in if it's more than two, what extra colors they want for marbles, etc.

Custom fade + custom highlight? I don't see the option for it anywhere.

Also, what happens if a user wants pearlescent? Metallic? Glow in the dark? Glow under UV? Where do they ask for it? I also hope that these will still be given at a price of $0, because it would be too expensive to add extra cost onto any of them.

Are we still allowed to ticket for these things? Can there be a section added for comments about the order, instead of having us send in tickets?

Where are the measurements of the shaft between the base and the knot? This one is EXTREMELY important, imo. Plenty of people have wanted to know it, but it's still not up there.

Where is the option to tack on coupons or discounts? Unless this is a hidden step that's coming in after the 'add to cart' ( which is disabled ), I don't see it anywhere. I'd also like to see the option to add more than one coupon so we don't have to ticket to combine them.

Where do we go to give our reviews and get our discounts? Is this still being worked on? If so, please give us an estimate on how long it will be before it's up and running.

OTHER THINGS IN WHICH TA IS EXTREMELY PICKY:

The 'toys in stock' is misleading. It should probably be renamed back to 'adoptions' ( which is cuter and more friendly-feeling, which is nice ).

The 'shop online' phrase seems cheap and second-rate. Perhaps something classier that looks less like a run-of-the-mill sex shop link? I'd almost suggest a 25x100 image imposed with a lineup of products with "PRODUCTS" written over it in bolded white text with a black outline.

The pricing ranges seem pointless, or at the very least, confusing, if you're using it to search for toys only. You can limit it, but almost all the toys still show up. It just seems weird to me to have that there when you still get pictures of 3 sizes of dicks. Maybe there could be a note about how price varies by toy size, so people won't get confused or unhappy when they find out that it's not 70$ for a large, but a small?

'Female toys' and 'male toys' can confuse people; it might lead someone to think that all the dicks are for men only, which could turn away some of your customer base. I'd suggest 'insertable' and 'penetratable'.

Having the site hop back up when you click an option ( hardness, size, colors, etc ) is annoying. Having to click through all of them is equally inconvenient. Having the default option for features ( cumtubes, suctioncups) as 'yes' isn't good either; it could lead to orders with mistakes that cost more than they should have.
---

This is all I have for now. I like the interface for the most part, but these are issues I think should be looked at and in some cases addressed. Sorry if I seem aggressive, but I really want these questions answered.
Last edited by TwinArmageddons on Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:55 pm, edited 6 times in total.
I'm fucking trash. :misc11: :misc8:
3lli0t_r

Postby 3lli0t_r » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:33 pm

...alright..lol
And because I don't always make enemies, but when I do I make multiple ones at once:
What is "Form > Function" supposed to mean exactly? The form of an object is more iportant than what you use it for? That doesn't make any sense at all. That's the same as saying "Bad Dragon should make completely unusable toys that just look nice"
The only occasion I could imagine this being applicable would be when you are making some kind of artistic object that is supposed to make people think about something by not fitting anything.

And it's just a thing I've got with cars. Just look up stancenation.com if you really wanna know.
derxderx

Postby derxderx » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:45 pm

so is the old site still alive or nothing at all it says 404 error lol
Last edited by derxderx on Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dermutha

Postby Dermutha » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:46 pm

Option for glow in the dark/metallic wash? o3o

Looks lovely, but I can't order anything, it's disabled. :{ Sad face...
Last edited by Dermutha on Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ordered:
The Naga- Medium (5) - Pearly white
David the Werewolf- small (5) - Surprise me
The Xenogon- Medium (5)- Black Halloween!
Fusion (5) - Neon Green, custom fade
Elden the Faerie Dragon (8) Small - Pastel Pink!
Chance - Small- (8, feels like a 5) Surprise me! (Halloween Black)
Xar -Small- (5) Surprise me! (Stone dragon collector's edition metallic. :D)
Ridgeback - Medium (5/8) Black!
Chance - Medium (8) Collector's Edition. {Cum Tube}

I wish for!
Winston- Medium(5)- Neon blue and electric yellow Stripes.
The Gryphon - Medium (5) - White, black tip, with golden base
The Breeder- medium (5) Black with glow in the dark hot pink spots, Neon green base.
The Breeder- small (8) Lavender and White swirls with a golden yellow base.
-Girlfriend ._.;
Nemekh

Postby Nemekh » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:47 pm

TwinArmageddons wrote:Where is the fade option on the tentacle? Where is the option to give the suckers a different color stripe, like on Winston? I've seen BOTH done, and I know they're possible.

Also, what if you want a fade with more than 2 colors? The interface is user-friendly, but not enough. There needs to be more options. Where a person wants a fade to start, what order they want the colors in if it's more than two, etc.

Also, what happens if a user wants pearlescent? Metallic? Glow in the dark? Glow under UV?

Are we still allowed to ticket for these things? Can there be a section added for comments about the order, instead of having us send in tickets?

Where are the measurements of the shaft between the base and the knot? This one is EXTREMELY important, imo. Plenty of people have wanted to know it, but it's still not up there.

Where is the option to tack on coupons or discounts? Unless this is a hidden step that's coming in after the 'add to cart' ( which is disabled ), I don't see it anywhere. I'd also like to see the option to add more than one coupon so we don't have to ticket to combine them.

Where do we go to give our reviews and get our discounts? Is this still being worked on? If so, please give us an estimate on how long it will be before it's up and running.

Please be easy on using large fonts. They aren't really necessary for getting things noticed, and typically for forums only serve to get things noticed less =)

Addressing your queries best I can (and in order):

Please keep in mind that with the old system there were thousands of colour combinations to go through. I sat down with Varka and we restructured things for the new site to use standardised colour options (with exceptions), instead of setting colours individually for every toy. It is possible that in that process, in reducing the thousands down to the groups we have now (and verifying with production that they were correct/possible), we may have missed assigning some colours to certain toys. That should address the tentacle matter. If something's possibly missing as an option, it's likely not intentional unless we're told otherwise by production.

Toys made with the special powders to make them pearlescent, metallic or glow in the dark are probably going to be featured as an option, for the time being they aren't - functionality needs to be written and implemented. For the time being, sending in a ticket with your order ID still works just as before.

Tickets can still be sent in. I'm not sure about the comment box.

That request hasn't actually been as prominent as might be made out to be and didn't come under the radar in terms of launch requirements. Certainly we could consider adding it as an extra row for toys with knots (it us useful information to be had). It'll take a bit of time getting that data from the 3d models and is unfortunately not something I can do, short of remote desktopping into the modelling machine.

With the fade options, we're going by what the majority use: 2 colours. Some people like to go steps further in complexity (I think of Camii!) with double faded rainbow toys. We can consider the option to implement further steps later as well as greater flexibility, but for now it's a ticket matter. I mentioned in the banter thread that I wanted to upgrade the colour picker with a more intuitive 3d model view with awesome colour functionality, based on what we have now.

Coupons are added during the checkout process and thus won't be visible until that is re-enabled.

Hope these help answer =)

Return to “Old News”