New Cumlube Recipe

Hop in the history machine, and visit where news goes when it's no longer... well, new! Here you can find past sales, old website updates, and discontinued product information.
Syn Kardis

New Cumlube Recipe

Postby Syn Kardis » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:50 pm

004.jpg
Slip into something more comfortable with our new cumlube! This makes an amazing companion for ANY of our toys with a realistic texture and consistency, it's also water based, non-toxic, and paraben free! At Bad Dragon, we lube you all so much!

bad-dragon.com/products/cumlube
Kith

Re: New Cumlube Recipe

Postby Kith » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:53 pm

Has the formula on both changed, or just the white? The clear's page hasn't updated if they're both the new formula.
Last edited by Kith on Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I have often wondered since that day if I am the only veterinary surgeon to have used an artificial vagina as a defensive weapon" -- James Herriot, The Lord God Made Them All

Demisexual with BDSM kinks
Willow

Postby Willow » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:16 pm

What changed? Parabens perhaps?
You can sleep with ablonde,you can sleep withbrunettebut you'll never get any sleep with aredhead.
A wolf in the streets... a fox in the sheets.
Kith

Postby Kith » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:21 pm

Willow wrote:What changed? Parabens perhaps?

Yes. The only real difference between the clear and white formulas was titanium dioxide, so both used to have parabens. Now, the clear is still listed as having distilled water, propylparaben, methylparaben, and polyethylene oxide, while the new white has water, polyethylene oxide, titanium dioxide, potassium sorbate, and citric acid.
"I have often wondered since that day if I am the only veterinary surgeon to have used an artificial vagina as a defensive weapon" -- James Herriot, The Lord God Made Them All

AbhorredAbsence

Postby AbhorredAbsence » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:26 pm

Willow wrote:What changed? Parabens perhaps?

Old recipe was water, polyethylene oxide, titanium dioxide, propylparaben, and methylparaben.

The new according to the product page is Water, Polyethylene Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid (pH adjustment).

Edit- Kith beat me to it. xD I hope the new recipe doesn't give me any bad reactions, I've had some other lubes that like burn my vag, cumlube was one of the things that actually worked with me. :(
Sitahl

Postby Sitahl » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:39 pm

I hope they fully tested this, more people are sensitive to acids in these areas...kind of worried on how this formula plays out. Good chance it could go south. I mean I know that BD was having trouble with the consistency of the prior formula, but I'm pretty sure there's more to it than just that.
Arkanoid0

Postby Arkanoid0 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:40 pm

When did the swap happen on the ordering side of things? I ordered some lube a few days ago, will i get the old formulation or the new one?
gray

Postby gray » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:54 pm

TeOzMaC wrote:I hope they fully tested this, more people are sensitive to acids in these areas...kind of worried on how this formula plays out. Good chance it could go south. I mean I know that BD was having trouble with the consistency of the prior formula, but I'm pretty sure there's more to it than just that.

i'm assuming they did this to make the lube less irritating to vaginas. vaginal pH is slightly acidic, so, i'm hoping cumlube's less irritating now (gave me a wicked uti once and i've just been kind of turned off from using the rest of it since).
Kith

Postby Kith » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:55 pm

DocOctavia wrote:I ordered 12 bottles during the Labor Day sale and they came in the new formula. I thought they had changed it!

*confused* But that was over a month ago... Why would they only tell us about it now if they changed it that far back? :psyduck:

Sitahl

Postby Sitahl » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:33 pm

gray wrote:
TeOzMaC wrote:I hope they fully tested this, more people are sensitive to acids in these areas...kind of worried on how this formula plays out. Good chance it could go south. I mean I know that BD was having trouble with the consistency of the prior formula, but I'm pretty sure there's more to it than just that.

i'm assuming they did this to make the lube less irritating to vaginas. vaginal pH is slightly acidic, so, i'm hoping cumlube's less irritating now (gave me a wicked uti once and i've just been kind of turned off from using the rest of it since).

I know that parabens can cause massive UTI's from peeps bodies being paraben sensitive (may have been what happened to you). With them adding citric acid...means that the formula is too basic...but you have more people who are allergic to citrus-like things, including citric acid...guessing that's why I have an earie feeling about this formula...and why I hope they fully tested it, or atleast they keep some form of record on it.

Then again, maybe they tried multiple acids, and found citric acid to be the least reacting to the other ingredients? Also, I know that there's a push to get rid of parabens in almost everything now due to health complications and the like by the FDA (I believe it was the FDA), so that may have something to do with BD changing it as well.
Sirkowskii

Postby Sirkowskii » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:19 pm

hope this really was tested well and is more female part friendly

i love cumlube but i can't use it since i'm highly allergic to it. maybe the formula change might make it useable to me
Just your average human princess here. Nothing to see. Move along now.
flapper72

Postby flapper72 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:38 pm

I also have the new lube... it came with my large kelvin I got 3 weeks ago... haven't tried it yet though

I guess they were just waiting to sell off all the old stock or something.

20/M/Bisexicle Wanna do it?
XG1

Postby XG1 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:56 pm

flapper72 wrote:I also have the new lube... it came with my large kelvin I got 3 weeks ago... haven't tried it yet though

How can you tell it's the new formula? Ingredients list?
H O R S E C O C K . D O M I N A T I O N
flapper72

Postby flapper72 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:06 pm

XG1 wrote:
flapper72 wrote:I also have the new lube... it came with my large kelvin I got 3 weeks ago... haven't tried it yet though

How can you tell it's the new formula? Ingredients list?

Yep and the fancy new label which I much prefer to the old one.

PinstripePython

Postby PinstripePython » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:41 am

Is that why I keep getting UTI's? I should sue you BD, I nearly died because it spread to my kidneys! Not even joking there, had no clue it could have been the lube, hope this one is less dangerous. I have a very sensitive system, there really should be some manner of warning on the label or something.
Just got a new bottle and have a few more on the way with toys I have ordered, love the new label, far more discrete and sleek, that I like, haven't opened it yet as I have two bottles of the old stuff to use up but I may now retire it or give it to a friend as I have just now found out that this is what has been causing the stream of UTI's I have been having on almost a monthly occurrence, seriously with the worst one I was in hospital for a week, IV antibiotics, fluids, the lot. :psyduck:
flapper72

Postby flapper72 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:52 am

I tried some of my 'new' lube and it actually seemed to be less thick than my old stuff... I'm not going to say I necessarily got a bad batch, but I definitely got a more viscous batch.

I used it with my Janine and I didn't need to use nearly as much lube as I did with the old stuff. So it seems to be better for penetrables at least. I haven't tested the back end of my hardware for compatibility yet. I still like it, and it is still cum like, but thickness may vary apparently, which was the case with the old stuff anyway.

Also I can't talk about safety with the lady fun cave due to my lack of one.

Arumaeruma

Postby Arumaeruma » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:41 am

PinstripePython wrote:Is that why I keep getting UTI's? I should sue you BD, I nearly died because it spread to my kidneys! Not even joking there, had no clue it could have been the lube, hope this one is less dangerous.

From what I know, people have had problems with the Titanium Dioxide in the white cumlube. It gets stuck in the urethra and causes infections.The only difference in ingredients is that the new stuff doesn't contain parabens (which is great). There's lots of things that can cause UTI's like not wiping correctly (back to front), not cleaning toys properly, etc. I always pee after having sex/toying just to clean out any yucky stuff. I'm very prone to UTI's as well and have yet to have problems with the lube (I was very nervous about using it so I always shower and clean up well after using it). I would try to stop using the cumlube and see if you stop getting UTI's, if so try switching to clear. From what I know the Titanium Dioxide seems to be the only thing that triggers UTI's.
IsisKitsune

Postby IsisKitsune » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:13 pm

Arumaeruma wrote:
PinstripePython wrote:Is that why I keep getting UTI's? I should sue you BD, I nearly died because it spread to my kidneys! Not even joking there, had no clue it could have been the lube, hope this one is less dangerous.

From what I know, people have had problems with the Titanium Dioxide in the white cumlube. It gets stuck in the urethra and causes infections.The only difference in ingredients is that the new stuff doesn't contain parabens (which is great). There's lots of things that can cause UTI's like not wiping correctly (back to front), not cleaning toys properly, etc. I always pee after having sex/toying just to clean out any yucky stuff. I'm very prone to UTI's as well and have yet to have problems with the lube (I was very nervous about using it so I always shower and clean up well after using it). I would try to stop using the cumlube and see if you stop getting UTI's, if so try switching to clear. From what I know the Titanium Dioxide seems to be the only thing that triggers UTI's.

I have heard of users changing to clear lube and having less of an issue (as UTI's can still be caused by improperly cleaned toys -read: not sterilized often, not just washing)
Advertise here, only contact on Feb 30th of any year
Solid gold ThingAMaGig for sale $1,000,000
May the all powerful Flying Spaghetti Monster smile upon you
What's a sig for again?
Checklist
Buying, selling and trading toys
Waiting On:
Nothing
Jasmine

Postby Jasmine » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:36 pm

I'm really happy to see BD work towards being paraben-free with their lube! I'll continue to avoid the white lube because of the titanium dioxide, but I might try out the clear if it gets reformulated as well.
ImageImage
Macchina

Postby Macchina » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:40 pm

From what I know, people have had problems with the Titanium Dioxide in the white cumlube. It gets stuck in the urethra and causes infections.[...]From what I know the Titanium Dioxide seems to be the only thing that triggers UTI's.

According to every MSDS I've seen, TiO2 is harmless unless you work around it's dry-powdered form on a regular basis, and even then, there have been no conclusive studies that indicate it is harmful to humans.

It's pretty much a badass as far as chemicals go... It's one of the most commonly used substances around, and it is one of the whitest pigments you will ever find. It's used in pretty much anything and everything that is colored white. Plus, it's composed partly of Titanium... that automatically makes it cool. :-)

Excerpt from: http://www.sciencelab.com/msds.php?msdsId=9925268

"Acute Potential Health Effects: Skin: Skin exposure to titanium dioxide is virtually harmless. It is reported to be a mild irritant
and may cause mechanical irritation (irritation from frictional action). It is believed not to be absorbed through intact skin. Eyes:
Dust may cause mechanical irritation (irritation from frictional action), Ingestion: May cause gastrointestinal (digestive) tract
irritation with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. It is not absorbed following ingestion. No hazard is expected in normal industrial
use. Inhalation: Nuisance dust. May be harmful if inhaled. Causes respiratory tract irritation."

The only recognized reports of ill-effects surrounding it appear to be inconclusive reports of lung cancer due to inhalation of it's pure form while dry.

I suspect TiO2 is most likely not the culprit in these cases.

Just my two cents.

Return to “Old News”