Holy cow! What happened to the Bad Dragon Forums!?

Hop in the history machine, and visit where news goes when it's no longer... well, new! Here you can find past sales, old website updates, and discontinued product information.
DaveThePangolin

Holy cow! What happened to the Bad Dragon Forums!?

Postby DaveThePangolin » Fri May 22, 2015 11:43 am

Hello everyone!

So as most of you noticed, the Bad Dragon Forums died on us yesterday. Sorry about that!

While it was dead, we consulted a few different ways to resolve the situation. We decided that, since it was dead, we were going to go about this in a smart way and put through some needed changes! That's part of the reason why this is in operating-room-white, causing some shock to those of us that are used to the sexy black. No worries, it's coming back and it'll be cooler than ever!

Because it was dead, you may notice some of your more recent posts got taken to the grave. We apologize about that as well, it wasn't intentional, but it was unavoidable. phpBB is a great tool for forums, but it does have its flaws and we just tripped over this one.

So, as a result, we are going to be even cooler than before. At the end of the day, stuff happens and we have a great team that was able to bounce us back really fast from this error! So I thank our internal team for helping us recover form this, and I thank our loyal users for their patience while we get back up to speed.

As always, if you have any questions, please let me know!
goldlion

Re: Holy cow! What happened to the Bad Dragon Forums!?

Postby goldlion » Fri May 22, 2015 11:46 am

good to hear the old colors are coming back... this is hurting my eyes lol

:3
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Image Image Image
toy list in the spoiler -
► Show Spoiler
anti-firm(8) 2015™
mated to a beautiful kitty boy <3
SlackAndHash

Postby SlackAndHash » Fri May 22, 2015 12:19 pm

:smile: Was Audax chewing on the cables again?! Bad Audax! *squirts with waterbottle* Bad Audax! Don't break the forums!

XD
kingsley

Postby kingsley » Fri May 22, 2015 12:25 pm

good to see the forums are at least working again. :stick:
hopefully things are back to normal soon, or maybe even better!
Image Image Image Image Image Image
those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Icestar

Postby Icestar » Fri May 22, 2015 1:20 pm

yay, we'll get back to black. this feels like an operating room.

in other notes might we be able to shorten the listing for news posts that are at the top of every section? takes up the whole page.
Tis a Dragon at Heart. Image

ImageImage
Audax

Postby Audax » Fri May 22, 2015 4:04 pm

Hey guys! We've re-enabled the Forums for now, but please keep in mind that the themes and colors are a work in progress. Expect more changes in the future!
ImageImageSrs. Biznis icon by LucaRyu! Tiny Biznis and Shark Flavor by Chibity! OM NOM NOM ImageImage
Deored

Postby Deored » Fri May 22, 2015 4:12 pm

I like the new layout. Colors could use some work but as this is still a WIP I won't complain. My only real beef is of my own fault; It runs slower on my laptop than the old one did, but that's cause my laptop is likely between five and yen years old.
HighSpeedSteel

Postby HighSpeedSteel » Fri May 22, 2015 4:24 pm

Well this will take some getting used to... WHY ARE ALL THE AVATARS ON THE RIGHT!!!? AHHH I HATE CHANGE!!
ImageArgent, The Silver Dragonwrought Kobolds Avatar and Icon done by ChibityImage
Samson

Postby Samson » Fri May 22, 2015 4:25 pm

It's going to ... take some getting used to :psyduck:

Also, just a suggestion, but I don't care for how the top says "(logo) Forums" but takes you to the main website. Bit confusing.
Image Tentacle Monster. Flower prince. Image
Twitter @pinkqueerdeer
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Fri May 22, 2015 4:29 pm

I actually like the new layout! The only thing I really miss, is the ability to view all of your posted-to topics. That was a handy feature.

However, when I go to make a new post, all of the buttons at the top, as well as bottom, like submit, preview...etc... are all solid white squares. You need to roll your mouse over those to see the options. I don't care much for the solid white boxes, but I think I can get used to it.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Rustic_King

Postby Rustic_King » Fri May 22, 2015 4:31 pm

When I saw how long the forums were down, I figured something big was happening, but I never imagined this.
I want to go to bed with the Princess of friendship, and some people think that's wrong.
kingsley

Postby kingsley » Fri May 22, 2015 4:36 pm

I hate it.
HATE it!
sorry, but I just hate flashy web pages in general... it looks like its designed for a tablet or smartphone. reminds me of windows 8.
not to mention the overlay at the top hanging down is annoying and I'm not big on the style of the whole thing.

hopefully things will still improve... :psyduck:
Image Image Image Image Image Image
those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
DaveThePangolin

Postby DaveThePangolin » Fri May 22, 2015 4:37 pm

Rainbow Dasher wrote:I actually like the new layout! The only thing I really miss, is the ability to view all of your posted-to topics. That was a handy feature.

However, when I go to make a new post, all of the buttons at the top, as well as bottom, like submit, preview...etc... are all solid white squares. You need to roll your mouse over those to see the options. I don't care much for the solid white boxes, but I think I can get used to it.

Yeah, that's a little annoying. But we'll be playing around with it, so it's not quite so hard to read.
Samson

Postby Samson » Fri May 22, 2015 4:38 pm

Two more small suggestions.

If something can be done about the spinning numbers every time I refresh that would be nifty. I don't think it's really necessary I imagine that is something that is creating some of the lag.

The space between post and sig doesn't seem obvious. I was actually really confused reading a post thinking their sig was part of what they were saying.

Otherwise I am pretty excited to see how this all turns out. Keep up the great work :stick:

kingsley wrote:sorry, but I just hate flashy web pages in general... it looks like its designed for a tablet or smartphone. reminds me of windows 8.

As a tablet user, I'll tell ya things aren't running too smooth. :psyduck:
Image Tentacle Monster. Flower prince. Image
Twitter @pinkqueerdeer
DaveThePangolin

Postby DaveThePangolin » Fri May 22, 2015 4:39 pm

Samson wrote:It's going to ... take some getting used to :psyduck:

Also, just a suggestion, but I don't care for how the top says "(logo) Forums" but takes you to the main website. Bit confusing.

That's a good idea. I think we changed things around a bit and we didn't consider all the angles. I'll look at that!
TheIntropervert

Postby TheIntropervert » Fri May 22, 2015 4:41 pm

I myself am really not a fan of the circular avatars, as they cut out part of the pictures. I hope we can go back to square.
Female | 27 | Asexual | Single | Childfree

My BD Collection: 2 Dongs | 1 Penetrable -- On the way: Custom Dragon's Tongue
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Fri May 22, 2015 4:41 pm

Samson wrote:If something can be done about the spinning numbers every time I refresh that would be nifty. I don't think it's really necessary I imagine that is something that is creating some of the lag.

I can agree with this. At first, I wasn't sure what was happening. I couldn't tell if my astigmatism was getting worse, or if it was a forum feature. :psyduck: If folks have vision troubles the spinning numbers have the potential to induce headaches, as well as other not-so-nice things.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
DaveThePangolin

Postby DaveThePangolin » Fri May 22, 2015 4:42 pm

Samson wrote:Two more small suggestions.

If something can be done about the spinning numbers every time I refresh that would be nifty. I don't think it's really necessary I imagine that is something that is creating some of the lag.

The space between post and sig doesn't seem obvious. I was actually really confused reading a post thinking their sig was part of what they were saying.

Otherwise I am pretty excited to see how this all turns out. Keep up the great work :stick:

kingsley wrote:sorry, but I just hate flashy web pages in general... it looks like its designed for a tablet or smartphone. reminds me of windows 8.

As a tablet user, I'll tell ya things aren't running too smooth. :psyduck:

Signatures will likely need to be updated since they were made for one style, and now there is a new style. Manually putting in some dividers should do the trick.

Not sure what you mean by your tablet isn't running smoothly, this feels like it's made of silk! The only things "wrong" are either work in progress, or something that is just new.

As for spinning numbers, that's a thing that the forums do. The impact on that should be incredibly minimal, the buttons would likely take up more data than the scrolling numbers.
TFox

Postby TFox » Fri May 22, 2015 4:43 pm

There's some things here and there that don't work out too well, like the posting interface is just wrong on my end (Firefox) :psyduck:

Also I miss the signature divider thing because now it's hard to distinguish what's the signature and what's not.

I'll continue to give feedback as I find more things to point out!
Attachments
Post.JPG
    Image   Image   Image   Image   Image   Image   Image   Image   Image   Image   Image   Image   Image   Image   Image   Image   Image   Image   Image
AlphaBlue

Postby AlphaBlue » Fri May 22, 2015 4:49 pm

Looks like we'll need to be patient and see what changes can be made, there are certainly a few I'm hoping for myself ^^ I don't care much for the spinning numbers, round avatars, missing signature line, and well mostly everything else that's been mentioned including the colors but yep looking forward to seeing how it goes. Keep up the good work guys!
"Now these are the laws of the jungle, and many and mighty are they;
But the head and the hoof of the law and the haunch and the hump is—Obey!"

- Rudyard Kipling, The Law of the Jungle
Image Image Image Image Image
-Icons & Avatar by Chibity-

Return to “Old News”