Climb The Mountain!

Hop in the history machine, and visit where news goes when it's no longer... well, new! Here you can find past sales, old website updates, and discontinued product information.
David Pumpkins
Any questions?

Climb The Mountain!

Postby David Pumpkins » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:18 pm

The newest Bad Dragon toy, The Mountain Drake, is now available!

This toy was created by Scritt in Bad Dragon Labs and was voted on by our staff!

- Just ate 40 lbs. of bamboo, time for a nap! ~
ImageTiny Exspectre by Chibity!Image
TFox

Re: Climb The Mountain!

Postby TFox » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:20 pm

exspectre wrote:The newest Bad Dragon toy, The Mountain Drake, is now available!

This toy was created by Scritt in Bad Dragon Labs and was voted on by our community!

Though it was a staff pick? Also, to anyone confused on the name, seems like Scritt = Xan :psyduck:
    Image   Image   Image   Image   Image   Image   Image   Image   Image   Image   Image   Image   Image   Image   Image   Image   Image   Image   Image
Nightguy

Postby Nightguy » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:23 pm

TFox wrote:
exspectre wrote:The newest Bad Dragon toy, The Mountain Drake, is now available!

This toy was created by Scritt in Bad Dragon Labs and was voted on by our community!

Though it was a staff pick? :psyduck:

It was highly voted/rated by the community, then picked by the staff.

But holy cow is he a pretty thing, he will be joining my chest of friends soon!
Male / Straight / Single / 27 / Denmark / Data-Dragon

Own Toys: 16 - List in Spoiler - Owned 20+ so far!
► Show Spoiler
kingsley

Postby kingsley » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:23 pm

TFox wrote:

technically it was voted on by the community actually, it just lost. :laugh:
Image Image Image Image Image Image
those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
AlphaBlue

Postby AlphaBlue » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:25 pm

Nightguy wrote:
TFox wrote:

How do we know it was highly voted? And yeah bit of confusion there on the name...since the name in labs wasn't Scritt (not sure where that name comes from actually).

Anyway, looks like BD definitely made some improvements on the original design so kudos, it looks nice. I don't really think it's for me though. But now that Drake is released progress can be made on finishing up Kage ^^ looking forward to it!
"Now these are the laws of the jungle, and many and mighty are they;
But the head and the hoof of the law and the haunch and the hump is—Obey!"

- Rudyard Kipling, The Law of the Jungle
Image Image Image Image Image
-Icons & Avatar by Chibity-
TFox

Postby TFox » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:26 pm

Nightguy wrote:
TFox wrote:

kingsley wrote:technically it was voted on by the community actually, it just lost. :laugh:

Yeaaah, the news article seems to imply it won by community pick but actually it lost in the community voting and instead 'won' not by community pick but by staff pick :stick:
Last edited by TFox on Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Image   Image   Image   Image   Image   Image   Image   Image   Image   Image   Image   Image   Image   Image   Image   Image   Image   Image   Image
Ormy

Postby Ormy » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:27 pm

Love it as it was what I voted for. So happy to finally see it made and that colorations gorgeous.
Only downside is its size is too small so buying it is out of the picture. Wish they would release a small and large size when they release it instead of just small. I think it would appease both fronts very well.
TFox

Postby TFox » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:29 pm

Ormy wrote:Love it as it was what I voted for. So happy to finally see it made and that colorations gorgeous.
Only downside is its size is too small so buying it is out of the picture. Wish they would release a small and large size when they release it instead of just small. I think it would appease both fronts very well.

No offense but, had you paid attention to the size when you voted for it you'd notice that's the size it was designed to have from the start :psyduck:
Knottery

Postby Knottery » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:29 pm

kingsley wrote:
TFox wrote:

technically it was voted on by the community actually, it just lost. :laugh:

Right, I remember this. I think I voted for it, too. :psyduck:

Anyway, congrats Scritt/Xan! It looks great. I'll probably wait on reviews for it, but if I see a nice one in adoptions, I might grab it. Maybe something earthy looking. The dimensions look pretty nice!
Nightguy

Postby Nightguy » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:31 pm

AlphaBlue wrote:Since the name in labs wasn't Scritt (not sure where that name comes from actually).

Scritt is his Artist name / Furname?
At least that is what he goes under normally and his name in the Danish Furry community!

Proud of our first Danish Dong!
Male / Straight / Single / 27 / Denmark / Data-Dragon

Own Toys: 16 - List in Spoiler - Owned 20+ so far!
► Show Spoiler
naughtybun

Postby naughtybun » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:35 pm

it's kind of weird that this came out before the legitimate winner. :|
add, depression, anxiety. thanks mother nature.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
https://www.f-list.net/c/naughtybun
Knottery

Postby Knottery » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:40 pm

naughtybun wrote:it's kind of weird that this came out before the legitimate winner. :|

It was in the contest that the Snow Leopard won and was announced before the most recent labs winner (Kage) was announced, though.
naughtybun

Postby naughtybun » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:43 pm

Knottery wrote:
naughtybun wrote:it's kind of weird that this came out before the legitimate winner. :|

It was in the contest that the Snow Leopard won and was announced before the most recent labs winner (Kage) was announced, though.

ah! that's right. my bad. sorry :psyduck:
add, depression, anxiety. thanks mother nature.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
https://www.f-list.net/c/naughtybun
Jasmine

Postby Jasmine » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:45 pm

Congrats Xan!
ImageImage
Rainbow Dasher

Postby Rainbow Dasher » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:12 pm

Ooo, he looks nice! He might be one I put at the top of my wish list. Maybe I'll get a custom around September, when I see what the sapphire colouring looks like.
Pansexual|Married|Writer|Artist|Foodie|Pegasister|Spiritual|Crafter|Blogger|Adrenaline Junkie|Furry| Owns a lot of fucking dicks.
Ormy

Postby Ormy » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:12 pm

TFox wrote:
Ormy wrote:Love it as it was what I voted for. So happy to finally see it made and that colorations gorgeous.

No offense but, had you paid attention to the size when you voted for it you'd notice that's the size it was designed to have from the start :psyduck:

Yes but as everyone knows the size limits on all the toys in the labs are roughly the small to medium range. I cannot find it anymore but I recall seeing a size limitation requirement on toys being conservative. Plus everyone knows at some point if enough are bought they will make a full size run. It seems it may be smarter to get more sales by making twonlaunch sizes instead of a small. On almost every release for a new toy if you look at the forum posts about it there are numerous comments of too small or too big. So there ya go.

PS the labs are mostly visual contest from what I have gathered from the forum posts on the contest threads.

Have a nice day
TrekkieFur8472

Postby TrekkieFur8472 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:13 pm

*makes grabby hands* This is going on the wishlist!! Hmm, once the sale goes thru on some other toys and I finish my car repair payments.....I think my Iron Man Flint needs a friend to accompany him for the journey. ;)
Dating Fictional Characters Since 1996.
“DO I DETECT A NOTE OF UNSEASONAL GRUMPINESS?" said Death. "NO SUGAR PIGGYWIGGY FOR YOU, ALBERT.” - The Hogfather
TFox

Postby TFox » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:18 pm

Ormy wrote:
TFox wrote:

Yes but as everyone knows the size limits on all the toys in the labs are roughly the small to medium range. I cannot find it anymore but I recall seeing a size limitation requirement on toys being conservative. Plus everyone knows at some point if enough are bought they will make a full size run. It seems it may be smarter to get more sales by making twonlaunch sizes instead of a small. On almost every release for a new toy if you look at the forum posts about it there are numerous comments of too small or too big. So there ya go.

PS the labs are mostly visual contest from what I have gathered from the forum posts on the contest threads.

Have a nice day

I see your point, yeah. I just have a bit of a pet peeve because I often see a lot of people who voted for a toy later complain that the size is not what they expected. The Guardian is a good example where I saw essentially the same people that said they voted for it later complain it was too big and even some people say they voted because they thought "it would have a more reasonable size once released".
MyFavoriteObsession

Postby MyFavoriteObsession » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:20 pm

Wow, it turned out really nice, and that coloration is stunning!
Sold to: Dragoncouple, Fruityrumpusasshole

My Collection:
► Show Spoiler
goldlion

Postby goldlion » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:22 pm

anybody notice how similar it is to kage? no i'm not claiming either chibs or the designer of this one was ripping the other off at all, probably didn't even see each other's designs until they had them out there, but thought it was interesting that this unique type of toy has two different looking models that are very similar in a lot of ways. both kinda water droplet shaped or whatever.

i don't think i'm wording my thoughts very well... i'm celebrating the fact that these two designers came up with a completely new type of toy i'd never really seen that's very unique from the rest of bd's lineup, and the whole sex toy world altogether, it's like a very textured and filling plug type toy, kudos to the designers :D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Image Image Image
toy list in the spoiler -
► Show Spoiler
anti-firm(8) 2015™
mated to a beautiful kitty boy <3

Return to “Old News”